Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Purchasable Space Dock  (Read 2585 times)

RunawaySaint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Purchasable Space Dock
« on: February 18, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »

Title explains it well enough. Have available docks attached to space stations that can be purchased to store ships that you want to keep but don't have the fleet points available. The cost of the dock in question could be tied to the number of fleet points, increasing exponentially. For example a dock for a Wasp wing might be several 100s while a dock for a paragon might be in the 100 thousands.
The idea came from me recently acquiring a Odyssey, rendering my twin Venture class cruisers useless, I didn't want to get rid of them, as they are my 2nd and 3rd ships, but also did not want to carry them around, as they were taking up 24 valuable fleet points.

Zapier

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Purchasable Space Dock
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »

I think many people (and I'm sure Alex plans to having something of the sort) want to have a place to 'store' ships they can't use/don't want at the time. Thankfully, with version .5a you can go over your fleet point limit right now with no penalties, so go ahead and hold onto your ships... when those penalties do come into play, I'd bet there will be a way to set aside those old ships.

RunawaySaint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »

I think many people (and I'm sure Alex plans to having something of the sort) want to have a place to 'store' ships they can't use/don't want at the time. Thankfully, with version .5a you can go over your fleet point limit right now with no penalties, so go ahead and hold onto your ships... when those penalties do come into play, I'd bet there will be a way to set aside those old ships.
I...did not know that...thanks!

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »

Well most people want to ditch ships for mobility, right?
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

RunawaySaint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:22:01 PM »

Well most people want to ditch ships for mobility, right?
I suppose, but personally, I get attached to things, so I really don't want to get rid of any ships.
I take every marine loss as a personal insult against the faction...

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »

Yeah, I feel you there. I would seriously never sell a ship if I didn't pretty much have to, haha.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire