Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Codex Expansions  (Read 1609 times)

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Codex Expansions
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

Now I don't know about the rest of you,
but I am both excited and somewhat disappointed by the current content/capabilities of the Codex.
I love the ability to look at specific weapons/hulls and see all the little stats about them,
along with some interesting lore. However,
I am wondering if it is possible to show two or even three Codex entries side-by-side in order to see their stats/lore/etc.
Additionally, I propose two new sections in the Codex,
one for Factions and another for Systems and their planets.

Thoughts or other related forums/ideas?
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Expansions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »

Hi - I just want to mention that the Codex is very much a work in progress. Moreso than the rest of the game, at that :) It's just not a real high priority, compared to adding gameplay features, but I'd like to improve it eventually, in various ways. Not to detract from the value of suggestions re: the Codex, of course - knowing what types of things people want to see will be very valuable.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Expansions
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »

it appears that the Ordinance points in the ships details is always wrong when you hover over them for more details... on most ships its the same as the fleet point value and not the actual Ordinance points you get if you go refit your ship.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.