Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3015033 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8b "Job Specialization" (hotfix 2021-02-11)
« Reply #3465 on: February 19, 2021, 05:49:39 AM »

Greetings, I am sure you hear this a lot but this is a must have mod for the game and enhances it from good to great. That being said, I have a question regrading mining. I love to mine, I know it seems like a minor aspect of the mod to some but its a great way to earn in the early game or when um you misplace your fleet and have to start over :). I know that if I am at an asteroid or plant I have the option to see the mining values of ships in my fleet and weapon values toward mining. Is there a way to see those mining values either in the F1 tooltip or somehow in game while I am at a station fitting out my mining ships?

Thanks!

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: February 19, 2021, 08:30:59 AM »

Hey, just a question regarding invasions. I just had the Ludic Path show up with a legion of Legions while I had only Cruisers, which I'm assuming is fine and intended for if you advance too fast...

However, after invading, the chased a fast picket far enough I could invade uncontested, and since they no longer had a planet to guard, immediately left. Is this a case of code limitations or an exploit?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3467 on: February 20, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »

Edit : well, it appeared after i build a colony, is there a console command to check Starfarer mode by any change?
If you're unsure, you can use the ReloadNexConfig console command to check/reset it.

Hi!

Is there a way to change the maximum market size in the config or somewhere else?
I would like to limit the colony size to 7 or 8 for NPCs and the player alike.
NPCs have the settings maxColonySize and maxNPCColonySize in exerelin_config.json

There's no setting (in either vanilla or Nex) for player colonies.

I know that if I am at an asteroid or plant I have the option to see the mining values of ships in my fleet and weapon values toward mining. Is there a way to see those mining values either in the F1 tooltip or somehow in game while I am at a station fitting out my mining ships?

Thanks!
There isn't a way right now. I'm hoping the codex becomes moddable and I can put the existing list of mining strengths there, or if I have to I'll put an item in the intel screen.

Hey, just a question regarding invasions. I just had the Ludic Path show up with a legion of Legions while I had only Cruisers, which I'm assuming is fine and intended for if you advance too fast...

However, after invading, the chased a fast picket far enough I could invade uncontested, and since they no longer had a planet to guard, immediately left. Is this a case of code limitations or an exploit?
It's sort of how it works right now. There isn't an easy way to make fleets not run off to chase random enemies while also actually moving to support friendly fleets in battle, and working around fleet AI is enough of a minor pain that I don't want to do it for problems that aren't commonly visible.

...but looking at my code I may have done the hard part already, so I'm going to flip a particular switch and see if that generates the desired behavior.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: February 23, 2021, 12:36:23 PM »

So I just upgraded from 0.9.7c to 0.9.8b, and I'm seeing a bit of an odd performance issue out of the new own-faction-start configuration screen.

If I just pick out a few things real quick and go with it - no problems.

If, instead, I spend a while considering and comparing options, after a bit the UI gets sluggish - tooltips take a while to appear, confirming my selections is slow, that sort of thing. And this issue continues into the actual gameplay; some screens (most notably the intel screen) take a while to load up when you switch to them, and even just quitting the game gets delayed. A quit and restart of Starsector restores normal performance.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Kelenius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: February 28, 2021, 07:06:04 AM »

I'm not sure if this is a Nexerelin thing, but it looks like a Nexerelin thing. Luddic Church sent a conquest fleet after my colony, which was reasonably sized, and that I killed, and the report said their mission was a failure. Right behind it was this thing:

Spoiler
[close]

It's now hanging out in my system chasing pickets. What is this? Why does it have 6 legions in a system 17 light years away from their colonies? My biggest ship right now is Falcon, so this is pretty concerning to have around my colonies.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3470 on: February 28, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »

So I just upgraded from 0.9.7c to 0.9.8b, and I'm seeing a bit of an odd performance issue out of the new own-faction-start configuration screen.

If I just pick out a few things real quick and go with it - no problems.

If, instead, I spend a while considering and comparing options, after a bit the UI gets sluggish - tooltips take a while to appear, confirming my selections is slow, that sort of thing. And this issue continues into the actual gameplay; some screens (most notably the intel screen) take a while to load up when you switch to them, and even just quitting the game gets delayed. A quit and restart of Starsector restores normal performance.
Huh, odd indeed. I wonder if it shares an underlying cause with other cases of slow screens I've encountered?
If I can reproduce (preferably with a minimal modset), I bet Alex would be interested in this.

I'm not sure if this is a Nexerelin thing, but it looks like a Nexerelin thing. Luddic Church sent a conquest fleet after my colony, which was reasonably sized, and that I killed, and the report said their mission was a failure. Right behind it was this thing:

Spoiler
[close]

It's now hanging out in my system chasing pickets. What is this? Why does it have 6 legions in a system 17 light years away from their colonies? My biggest ship right now is Falcon, so this is pretty concerning to have around my colonies.
That's a special task group. Most factions can have 1-2 of these, they do the following:
  • Assist their faction's raid-type events (this includes invasions and such)
  • Defend against incoming enemy raid-type events
  • Patrol random star systems
  • If player is seen in a star system, and an enemy faction has a colony in that system, that faction's STG can come over and patrol if it deems the player fleet a threat
In this case it was probably helping the invasion, but since that's already failed, the fleet should shortly find something else to do.

(Note that STGs aren't supposed to help invasions/raids against the player, unless the target colony is at least size 5 or Starfarer mode is enabled. There was reportedly a case of this rule not applying when it should, but I didn't get a save to debug.)

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: March 01, 2021, 12:19:31 AM »

I have some questions:

-Do AI factions build new buildings? Because even pretty far in the game there are many AI colonies with 1 or 2 free building slots

-Do AI factions attempt to increase the growth of their colonies?

-Do they attempt to upgrade/build battlestations? Because even pretty far in the game there plenty of lvl 5+ colonies still with orbital station.

Amazing mod btw so I wish the AI will be better at managing their colonies
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:09:20 AM by Warnoise »

FuckNexerelin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 01, 2021, 12:29:35 AM »

*** this mod every *** nation exept tritech and sindra declared war on my size 4 mining colony.......... *** retardeed your faction is part of diplomacy but it is bot controlled.
im *** ***

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 01, 2021, 12:35:35 AM »

We have a charmer on our hands.

FuckNexerelin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 01, 2021, 12:41:48 AM »

yea sorry im just pretty *** that my size 4 mining colony apparently sends out spies that get discovered and all the other events that give bad relations

it pretty much destroyed my game cuz i can handle the occasional pirate raid but nearly every nation constantly sends invasion and raid fleets and im blocked from all markets and i cant build new colonies because they have -75 acces due to hostile and it is all due to my nation for some reason having ai controlled diplomacy

Melanoc3tus II

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 01, 2021, 02:01:28 AM »

yea sorry im just pretty *** that my size 4 mining colony apparently sends out spies that get discovered and all the other events that give bad relations

it pretty much destroyed my game cuz i can handle the occasional pirate raid but nearly every nation constantly sends invasion and raid fleets and im blocked from all markets and i cant build new colonies because they have -75 acces due to hostile and it is all due to my nation for some reason having ai controlled diplomacy

Oof. That seems very abnormal.

Kelenius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: March 01, 2021, 04:19:15 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

That's a special task group. Most factions can have 1-2 of these, they do the following:
  • Assist their faction's raid-type events (this includes invasions and such)
  • Defend against incoming enemy raid-type events
  • Patrol random star systems
  • If player is seen in a star system, and an enemy faction has a colony in that system, that faction's STG can come over and patrol if it deems the player fleet a threat
In this case it was probably helping the invasion, but since that's already failed, the fleet should shortly find something else to do.

(Note that STGs aren't supposed to help invasions/raids against the player, unless the target colony is at least size 5 or Starfarer mode is enabled. There was reportedly a case of this rule not applying when it should, but I didn't get a save to debug.)

They did leave, but it was a size 3 colony and Starfarer mode was not enabled. Unfortunately I think I already overwrote that save.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: March 01, 2021, 04:40:08 AM »

This user has been banned, the only reason I'm not deleting the posts yet is in case his issues with the mod might be legitimate.

@Histidine: Toss me a PM if you want them deleted.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3478 on: March 02, 2021, 01:50:14 AM »

Well that was totally coherent and useful "feedback".

(For anyone wondering: The player faction can have random diplomacy events happen between it and other factions, but it won't do the semi-random events that other factions' diplomacy AIs do, and it never sends out its own agents, unless the config file is modified. The player's commissioning faction can do those things, but that's just to be expected. Also if you manage to be at war with almost everyone, I expect that's generally a hole you dug for yourself.)

I have some questions:

-Do AI factions build new buildings? Because even pretty far in the game there are many AI colonies with 1 or 2 free building slots

-Do AI factions attempt to increase the growth of their colonies?

-Do they attempt to upgrade/build battlestations? Because even pretty far in the game there plenty of lvl 5+ colonies still with orbital station.

Amazing mod btw so I wish the AI will be better at managing their colonies
:thumbs up:

To answer your questions:
- NPCs will build new structures on size up or when the market is taken by a faction. However, sometimes it may decide not to build anything when it has an industry slot free. There isn't a particular reason for this, but it imitates vanilla's NPC markets somewhat.
- A new NPC colony gets 100,000 growth incentive credits, but this won't be refilled (it's likely to run out on things like volcanic worlds). Next Starsector version, new NPC colonies will use the "hazard incentive" mechanic, which is permanent.
- Normally an NPC market needs to be size 6 before it builds a battlestation (the check is done at the same time it decides whether to build other structures). This requirement is reduced if the market is station-only (no planet), a moon, and/or has a military base. The star fortress requirement is size 8, with the same modifiers.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: March 05, 2021, 03:36:19 AM »

Is manually modifying "settings.json" in Nexerelin\data\config safe or does it work at all? I want to use Starfarer mode ("nex_hardMode" in the settings) for the slower growth/eco but remove the permanent rep penalty towards player faction/commissioned faction which I think is "nex_hardModeDispositionModifier":-15" and I'd rather not break something like a chimp in a server room.

Edit: Just changing it manually worked. Nothing seems to have broken about disposition calculations, it just leaves the bit of text about disposition penalty.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:11:52 AM by Helldiver »
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 396