Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014611 times)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8 "Job Specialization" (update 2021-02-06)
« Reply #3450 on: February 08, 2021, 05:43:11 AM »

Is there a way to do special request (like requesting a fleet) while traveling, or do I HAVE to stop by a colony or station?

Press "Z".
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Great Leader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: February 08, 2021, 11:25:57 AM »

Is there a way to do special request (like requesting a fleet) while traveling, or do I HAVE to stop by a colony or station?

Press "Z".
Thank you

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: February 08, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »

When setting up random core sectors, can we have the option to enable/disable random traits for factions?  Can this randomization be extended to the alignment values?

Another good option would be power rivals, which makes the two strongest factions always have the envious trait like the Hegemony and Persean League have in the default sector.

On the subject of own faction related stuff, one way that could be expanded is with narrative events.  Once the player has colonies they could periodically have things that happen to their colonies, with their choices affecting their alignment.  If you're on good terms with another faction, there's extra events/weights which make it more likely to get events that push you in the direction of that faction's alignments.  Even more so if you're in an alliance towards the alliance's alignment.  And the most if you're commissioned by a faction.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3453 on: February 09, 2021, 06:12:41 AM »

No specific thoughts to post, but interesting ideas, everyone!

so umm, i know I'm jsut a person but may i ask a certain something for the possilby made terraforming? could you make it like, upkeep based? what i mean is terraforming and station construction as an example basically does it in a way that you terraform once, paying a massive cost in terms of terraforming points(time and money basically) and then can just remove everything, and it stays that way. but that is in no way how it would work realistically(idk if that is a liked word here or not) where you would basically need to constantly upkeep the solar shades, atmospheric generators etc. to make it liveable. i also assume that people would try to disrupt it and that that would have massive consequences because you are not sealing every building on the planet, so luddic path may be more dangerous(if you are planning on doing that btw), and you as a player might want to do it too. something like clearing out sulfur compounds however might be permanent, if there is no new pollution generating industry on the planet. so umm, that is just my tale on it, if i can add something to the developement, i guess
Well, I'm not implementing terraforming in Nex anytime soon :)

(Although Alex is implementing terraform-esque toys and we'll see how those work)

When setting up random core sectors, can we have the option to enable/disable random traits for factions?  Can this randomization be extended to the alignment values?
Randomizing faction starting relations should also randomize their traits (unless I made that non-default for some reason). Maybe I'll make that apply to alignments, too.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: February 09, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »

Randomizing faction starting relations should also randomize their traits (unless I made that non-default for some reason). Maybe I'll make that apply to alignments, too.
That's good to know.  I was looking for the ability to choose whether I got one or the other, but thank you for telling me about a solution.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 11, 2021, 06:01:04 AM »

Hotfix update to fix a couple of crashes. Also integrates Nexerelin Queued.

Nexerelin v0.9.8b
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.8b
* Add exerelin_config.json option for player to receive various intel types only once in comm relay range, by NikoTheGuyDude
* Post-invasion rebellions: Double rebel and player government starting strengths; increase non-player government starting strength 50%
* Disruption missions count as completed if the issuing faction captures the target market
* New game dialog fixes/improvements:
    * Faction toggles in random sector have faction colors
    * In random sector, slider maximums for number of systems/planets/stations can be changed in settings.json
    * Starting faction picker: Fix options losing tooltips and enabled/disabled states when changing pages
* Stabilization package available at any unrest level >= 1, if current total stability is zero
    * Previously unrest always needed to equal or exceed the recovered amount
* Add a settings.json option for hostile-to-player factions to not issue faction bounties
* Fix a crash with counter-invasion fleet spawning
* Fix a crash from NPC markets trying to upgrade Boggled AI battlestation
* Fix a possible crash with rebellions
* Fix display of min/max relations when giving an agent a raise/lower relations order while commissioned
* Change logging errors from built-in Version Checker to warnings, for benefit of Chinese community
[close]

Jarvis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 12, 2021, 03:09:08 PM »

Also, I was in a bit of a predicament, where a faction had colonized a planet I was eyeing for a while. I spent over a million credits to request a powerful invasion fleet. At the time I was commissioned by Hegemony and they suddenly signed a peace with that faction and my fleet request was scrapped immediately. I did not get the money back. It would be nice if I received a refund for a task that wasn't completed and considered invalid.

Ooh that does suck. Maybe another idea would be to be given the option to continue the attack and suffer any relation consequences that may come from it.

Nuance

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 14, 2021, 09:22:45 AM »

Hotfix update to fix a couple of crashes. Also integrates Nexerelin Queued.

Nexerelin v0.9.8b
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.8b
* Add exerelin_config.json option for player to receive various intel types only once in comm relay range, by NikoTheGuyDude
* Post-invasion rebellions: Double rebel and player government starting strengths; increase non-player government starting strength 50%
* Disruption missions count as completed if the issuing faction captures the target market
* New game dialog fixes/improvements:
    * Faction toggles in random sector have faction colors
    * In random sector, slider maximums for number of systems/planets/stations can be changed in settings.json
    * Starting faction picker: Fix options losing tooltips and enabled/disabled states when changing pages
* Stabilization package available at any unrest level >= 1, if current total stability is zero
    * Previously unrest always needed to equal or exceed the recovered amount
* Add a settings.json option for hostile-to-player factions to not issue faction bounties
* Fix a crash with counter-invasion fleet spawning
* Fix a crash from NPC markets trying to upgrade Boggled AI battlestation
* Fix a possible crash with rebellions
* Fix display of min/max relations when giving an agent a raise/lower relations order while commissioned
* Change logging errors from built-in Version Checker to warnings, for benefit of Chinese community
[close]

Yeah ! Nexerelin queued native integration is cool. Thanks for your hard work !

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AOn5mRrG2jM/maxresdefault.jpg

(a shame i didn't find any petting image of fie from CS2 :'( )
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:30:29 AM by Nuance »

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8b "Job Specialization" (hotfix 2021-02-11)
« Reply #3458 on: February 14, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »

Would it be possible to include a config option where military actions like raids, satbombs and invasions are not broadcasted to the player?

I'm not sure why everyone is sending out news and precise timeline of their topsecret military projects over hyperspace. It's like the Domain never invented opsec.

Sidestrafe2462

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: February 15, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »

I've run into a FATAL:NULL error, beginning when I swapped out my commission to join an alliance- error occurs when I enter a port.
https://pastebin.com/MEUQ4Ybp
This might have something to do with a Commissioned Crews incompatibility? I dont know. Tried forcing a commission with Console commands, didn't help.

mods:
GraphicsLib
Vayra's Sector
Nexerelin
SkilledUp
SpeedUp
Archean Order (pretty sure this isnt it)
Automatic Orders
Adjusted Sector
Autosave
Better Colonies
Combat Alarm Sounds
Combat Analytics
Combat Chatter
Commissioned Crews
Common Radar
LazyLib
MagicLib
Terraforming and Station Construction
Starship Legends
Console Commands

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3460 on: February 15, 2021, 08:38:19 PM »

Yeah ! Nexerelin queued native integration is cool. Thanks for your hard work !

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AOn5mRrG2jM/maxresdefault.jpg

(a shame i didn't find any petting image of fie from CS2 :'( )
:thumbs up:
Fie is a good girl (though they're all good in their respective ways)

Would it be possible to include a config option where military actions like raids, satbombs and invasions are not broadcasted to the player?

I'm not sure why everyone is sending out news and precise timeline of their topsecret military projects over hyperspace. It's like the Domain never invented opsec.
I had an idea a long time ago for requiring comm sniffers to get early notification of invasions, but the current sniffer handling doesn't really allow for this (if you have more than one they get removed pretty quickly). If I decide to implement such a thing moving forward, I'll probably tie it to the agent system.

(Or invasions that someone else is launching could just not get announced till they're ready to leave, like how pirate raids (but not punitive expeditions or AI inspections) currently work, but I don't think people will be happy about this happening to them!)

I've run into a FATAL:NULL error, beginning when I swapped out my commission to join an alliance- error occurs when I enter a port.
https://pastebin.com/MEUQ4Ybp
This might have something to do with a Commissioned Crews incompatibility? I dont know. Tried forcing a commission with Console commands, didn't help.
Looks like a bug in how the latest version of Commissioned Crews handles alliance hullmods.
Poke Techpriest over in that mod's thread, will do him some good to do something other than not releasing his mods.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: February 16, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »

The new own faction start picker system is very good.  Helps a lot with making said start more fun and makes it more interesting.  I do have a couple suggestions to improve it.  The first is to make the player's starting market only have 2 industries instead of 3, so adding the military base and heavy industry doesn't push the colony over the industry limit.  The other suggestion is to add the missile blueprint pack to the starting options for cheep.  It's a very important pack that the player might not even find in any given game and can cause significant issues if they don't and don't have modded weapons that can fill in the same roles as the missiles in the pack.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: February 16, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »

Did Starfarer mode bugged? It seems to always stay disable for some reason, every time I generate new sector with Starfarer mode, I check the faction diplomacy tab, it's didn't add the debug that usually comes with it.

Edit : well, it appeared after i build a colony, is there a console command to check Starfarer mode by any change?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:46:08 PM by Chairman Suryasari »
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: February 18, 2021, 09:37:35 PM »

Hi!

Is there a way to change the maximum market size in the config or somewhere else?
I would like to limit the colony size to 7 or 8 for NPCs and the player alike.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: February 19, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »

Try Starfarer mode, it's taken about 70 years to get tier 10 colony, it's more realistic than limiting it to tier 8.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 396