Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3039723 times)

Fawx92

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7c "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-10-10)
« Reply #3420 on: January 16, 2021, 10:01:15 PM »

Is there a way to disable the alliances? And is there a way to lower the enemy fleet strength? Or just someway to make this easier?

I'm enjoying the Ai fighting amongst themselves and colonizing systems. But being the punching bag of all these massive armies when I have one tiny fleet and one colony that I'm trying to get off the ground isn't being particularly fun.

I just had to abandon a game as I couldn't defend my one size 4 colony with two cruisers and some destroyers against endless hordes of battleships. Every faction other than the independents was at war with me.
Well, if literally everyone hates you things are unlikely to go well, yeah. Raio_Verusia has good advice in the post above this one (you don't need a commission if you don't want one, but getting on factions' good sides will avoid unwanted wars).

But to answer the question: In Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json, you can check the invasion settings section, and change the allianceGracePeriod setting to 999999 or such.

Other than the difficulty I've been really enjoying this, makes the game feel much more alive.
I just had to abandon a game as I couldn't defend my one size 4 colony with two cruisers and some destroyers against endless hordes of battleships. Every faction other than the independents was at war with me.

I can't help you with what you wish to know, but I can offer help some other way. Do not rush colony building. Build your fleet and work as a commissioned officer for some time, maybe even a full cycle. Get to exploring, and make sure you hit system bounties and help defend stations etc. Don't start a colony until you have confidence in your fleet combat-wise and like, 1 million credits. It helps to build relations with factions before doing so. It's not an easy game but, I rapidly became so powerful (even with ruthless sector) by playing the system bounty cards just right. And by system bounty, I mean, if pirates or a faction's enemy is harassing enough, a faction will put out a bounty over an entire system containing the threats and you rack in a lot of dosh by killing ships that you are able to kill. Just regularly check that bounties tab in intel! My mistake my first play through was rushing a colony.

Thanks for the help both. The factions didn't start hating me, it was the two alliances randomly declaring war on me due to the diplomatic events. I was simply keeping to myself in the corner trying to build up my colonies.
I have plenty of money saved up when I start making a colony, normally around 2.5 mil. I also have a fleet with 3-4 cruisers, 4-6 destroyers and like 10 frigates. The problem is I get attacked faster than I can get my defences setup, and in that previous game by fleets with several capital ships, which I just can't really fight until I get my colony running.

I've disabled alliances using that method so far in my current game and stuff is going alright. Is there a way to reduce the overall size of the invasion fleets?

showy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: January 18, 2021, 10:13:03 AM »

Why's the economy so dead? Smuggling barely covers your costs.Procurement's allowance ontop of your costs and bounty hunting...Hardly see a difference.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3422 on: January 19, 2021, 05:05:30 PM »

Why's the economy so dead? Smuggling barely covers your costs.Procurement's allowance ontop of your costs and bounty hunting...Hardly see a difference.
Been a while since I played, but I'm pretty sure the consensus is that smuggling is hugely profitable if you actually look for good margins. Procurement missions (buy the goods yourself) have a 100% or better gross margin (and no tariffs on the recipient end), and delivery missions (contact gives you the goods) are almost free money.

Are you using a fleet that's way too large for its cargo space? Running into hyperspace storms?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: January 19, 2021, 06:53:08 PM »

Try to find a good margins, for example, a recently raided mining colony usually have a high demand of drug, because the shortage. Always check the margin when you're a market, press f1 on the item to check the margin or use Galactic Market mod.

Vanilla tool tips
Spoiler
[close]

Galactic Markets - https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19383
Spoiler
[close]

And don't force your fleet to use high-tech ship, your supply line will kill you before your enemy do. Lowtech is perfect for smuggling if you know how to hide yourself properly.

Or if you want the easy way you can exploit Donn and Kanta Den. Actually you can do it with Donn alone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 06:55:53 PM by Chairman Suryasari »
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: January 20, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »

In the opening post one of the features listed is joining a faction, how does that differ from being commissioned and where does one find the option? Or is it only doable when selecting a faction at the start?

Also, when starting with a selected faction, campaign objectives like system nav buoys don't seem to affect my fleet when held by the faction that I started with. Is this a known bug?
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3425 on: January 23, 2021, 08:15:18 AM »

In the opening post one of the features listed is joining a faction, how does that differ from being commissioned and where does one find the option? Or is it only doable when selecting a faction at the start?
It's just the regular commission really, although this does more stuff in Nex than in vanilla (things like your personal relationship changes affecting your faction, being able to buy governorships, being expected to hand over planets you conquer, that sort of thing).

Also, when starting with a selected faction, campaign objectives like system nav buoys don't seem to affect my fleet when held by the faction that I started with. Is this a known bug?
It's sort of how it works right now (unchanged from vanilla), although I might make it apply to player with a commission as well.
(I already did this for comm relay, but not nav buoy or sensor array)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: January 23, 2021, 08:44:15 AM »

It's sort of how it works right now (unchanged from vanilla), although I might make it apply to player with a commission as well.
(I already did this for comm relay, but not nav buoy or sensor array)

I think it would be good (both for gameplay and logic reasons) for campaign buoys/arrays to affect fleets that are currently commissioned or allied to the holding faction. This would also fix the strangeness of you capturing a buoy/array in a system alongside allied fleets (i.e assisting in an invasion/raid) and it being captured for the "player faction" and negating the advantage for allies.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

guto8797

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: January 30, 2021, 08:11:19 AM »

Thanks for your work, Nexerelin has pretty much become a must install for me. A few tweaks to the config files are all I do, and I will keep an eye on that queued version, seems interesting.

How doable would it be to include a descriptor on markets to state who they originally belong to? Or a more developed feature, have a "History" for every market, detailing invasions, bombing, other major events.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: January 30, 2021, 09:21:17 AM »

Purely speculation here, but since alliances are in the mod how difficult would it be to split up the Persean League into multiple smaller factions that start in an alliance at the start of the game?  Though I suppose without some changes to the way alliances work with hulls and trading that would significantly weaken the League.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: January 30, 2021, 09:50:03 AM »

Purely speculation here, but since alliances are in the mod how difficult would it be to split up the Persean League into multiple smaller factions that start in an alliance at the start of the game?  Though I suppose without some changes to the way alliances work with hulls and trading that would significantly weaken the League.
Oooh! Neat idea!

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: January 30, 2021, 10:10:59 AM »

Been a while since I played, but I'm pretty sure the consensus is that smuggling is hugely profitable if you actually look for good margins. Procurement missions (buy the goods yourself) have a 100% or better gross margin (and no tariffs on the recipient end), and delivery missions (contact gives you the goods) are almost free money.
I've been looking at trading opportunities and have seen items that 'best place to buy' offer higher prices than 'best place to sell' do, or they are basically the same, even when the place to sell has a shortage of a few hundred units. Can't remember all the items, but I think organs are one of them. Might be a vanilla thing, I'm not sure. Seeing this, I chose to just rob smugglers instead of actually being one, made decent money on that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:13:18 AM by GenericGoose »

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: January 30, 2021, 01:14:46 PM »

Another idea.  With random core sectors, would it be possible to 'unpack' the core a bit?  Say have some of the constellations nearby the core also be colonized.  These would be good places for minor factions to be out on their own for a more dynamic system that resembles a lot of modded core sectors.  They could also be areas where a major faction attempted recent re-colonization efforts or managed to hold onto more distant holdings through the AI wars.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3432 on: January 31, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »

Yeah, there's quite a lot of work and a bunch of complications involved (the ones you mention, and also things like the loss of a unified response to the Hegemony that potentially allows them to further dominate the sector). It's a cool concept though, I may examine this further at some point.

Another idea.  With random core sectors, would it be possible to 'unpack' the core a bit?  Say have some of the constellations nearby the core also be colonized.  These would be good places for minor factions to be out on their own for a more dynamic system that resembles a lot of modded core sectors.  They could also be areas where a major faction attempted recent re-colonization efforts or managed to hold onto more distant holdings through the AI wars.
I've had an idea for optionally generating some procgen colonies outside the handmade systems (using the existing random sector code), too! Think I'll implement something for the release after the next one.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: January 31, 2021, 08:14:02 PM »

I've had an idea for optionally generating some procgen colonies outside the handmade systems (using the existing random sector code), too! Think I'll implement something for the release after the next one.
That would be nifty too, but my original idea was to more or less move some of the core sector systems outside of the core sector and into constellations one or two rings out.  Probably with some settings for how often this happens and how far out they could potentially be.  These would be good for single system factions.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: February 02, 2021, 12:36:08 PM »

There's an issue with sector wide bounties and hostilities.  If your faction or the faction you're commissioned with either has a -50 or close relationship with another faction, and that hostile faction has posted a sector wide bounty then fighting any battles with pirates, pathers, or any other faction that's hostile to the main hostile faction will immediately and unavoidably trigger a ceasefire with the hostile faction.  This can be especially annoying once you have an alliance going.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 398