Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013787 times)

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7c "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-10-10)
« Reply #3375 on: December 03, 2020, 01:03:30 PM »

hello

I was just wondering if there is a way to disable ai faction invasions from the settings
it gets very hectic when you have lots of faction mods on

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: December 03, 2020, 01:15:34 PM »

Check exerelin_config.json in Nexerelin folder.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 03, 2020, 01:21:34 PM »

But it getting really un-fun really fast, try join faction that have perk of getting less raid and invasion like pirate and tri-tachyoon, you can check other faction info on your PDA (or tri-pad if you will), it's include modded faction that support Nexerelin.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 03, 2020, 05:15:15 PM »

Ideally autonomies would split some fleet point into a separate pool and allow them to do everything other factions already do - wage war, send disruption fleets, colonize.
Hmm, that's an idea. I'll experiment with this when I get back to working on Nex; hopefully not making it too good for player (free invasions and new colonies) won't require too much messing with the values involved.

(My mental concept of autonomous colonies was more like what autonomous regions are like on present-day Earth; different autonomous colonies of a single country don't have any particular reason to cooperate with each other as a unified entity any more than they do with the central government, and invading someone is more foreign policy than they're usually allowed to have)

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 03, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »

Are pirates suppose to go after fresh colonies that have nothing on them?
That is a feature of vanilla. Pirate raids can start almost immediately if build close to existing pirate bases. This is why it is recommended to save up for some defensive structures before establishing a colony.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 04, 2020, 03:04:05 AM »

Pirate is more of a doer than a thinker.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: December 04, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »

I'd have said that a better way to handle your own faction's invasions and expeditions would be through the command interface.  This would be where you'd make war declarations, then choose which planets/stations you want to invade/raid.  Your faction then sends what it can based on its overall military capability (military bases?).  However since adding this directly to the commands tab through a mod probably isn't possible, a special action could be used to bring up the menu instead.  An automate button could be added for players who don't want to manage their faction's wars.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 05, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »

Ideally autonomies would split some fleet point into a separate pool and allow them to do everything other factions already do - wage war, send disruption fleets, colonize.
Hmm, that's an idea. I'll experiment with this when I get back to working on Nex; hopefully not making it too good for player (free invasions and new colonies) won't require too much messing with the values involved.

(My mental concept of autonomous colonies was more like what autonomous regions are like on present-day Earth; different autonomous colonies of a single country don't have any particular reason to cooperate with each other as a unified entity any more than they do with the central government, and invading someone is more foreign policy than they're usually allowed to have)

Hi!

I'm glad to hear that. When I talked about vassalisation, I imagined something like this. So basically if you choose so, you create a vassal and afterward when they cn act like any other NPC, except they can be controlled to a degree by you. Basically, that's a choice: you choose not to care that much about them, so they generate less revenue, but at the same time they can defend themselves, create defense fleets, invasion fleets, etc.
Maybe the player could have some say in any invasion, like when you have to click a button to accept a peace offer.
Also if the vassals could improve their planets, that would be nice, too.

Great mod, keep up the good work!

Dreamslayer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: December 07, 2020, 01:57:16 PM »

I just wanted to firstly, say great mod!

Secondly I was wondering if there's a list somewhere of what mods that add more High value Bounties or more to the IBB bounties?

Thanks

SyntacticMelon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: December 08, 2020, 09:33:11 PM »

It's weird that your commissioning/parent faction doesn't reward you for conquering planet outside of conquest missions, I feel like conquest missions are basically like the 2x value delivery missions so you should still get some form of reward for delivering a planet to your faction. Is this supposed to be mitigated by taking the planet for yourself and then selling it?

There's also an issue where taking conquest missions from other factions have drastically lowered payouts due to stability when you have to do a hand-off after taking the colony for yourself instead of getting the full value when you do a conquest mission for your parent faction. It creates a weird strategy of holding on to the colony for 1-2 months while its industries repair to get more money from the transfer but still not what the original listing was. And this is after taking the colony the hard way instead of tactically bombarding it!

KMS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 08, 2020, 11:22:07 PM »

Is there a way to increase the frequency of Remnant raids? I like the gameplay idea of trying to survive the 'Remnantpocalypse' as their repeated raids slowly decivilize the sector.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 10, 2020, 04:45:51 PM »

I just wanted to firstly, say great mod!

Secondly I was wondering if there's a list somewhere of what mods that add more High value Bounties or more to the IBB bounties?

Thanks
Thanks!
HVBs and IBBs aren't from or touched by Nexerelin. The SWP thread's first post has a list of all mods adding IBBs; for HVBs the Kadur Theocracy, Tahlan, Scalartech and a few other mods add those.

It's weird that your commissioning/parent faction doesn't reward you for conquering planet outside of conquest missions, I feel like conquest missions are basically like the 2x value delivery missions so you should still get some form of reward for delivering a planet to your faction. Is this supposed to be mitigated by taking the planet for yourself and then selling it?

There's also an issue where taking conquest missions from other factions have drastically lowered payouts due to stability when you have to do a hand-off after taking the colony for yourself instead of getting the full value when you do a conquest mission for your parent faction. It creates a weird strategy of holding on to the colony for 1-2 months while its industries repair to get more money from the transfer but still not what the original listing was. And this is after taking the colony the hard way instead of tactically bombarding it!
Well the main reward of taking colonies is you get closer to the victory screen, if you care about that. Although I could make the rep reward larger with your specific faction.
(In the future when there's a proper reward system for service to a faction, conquering colonies would be a good way to earn points for that)

Is there a way to increase the frequency of Remnant raids? I like the gameplay idea of trying to survive the 'Remnantpocalypse' as their repeated raids slowly decivilize the sector.
Sorry, it's currently hardcoded!

brekmehrkus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: December 12, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »

In every vanilla sector (non-random) playthrough I had Hegemony and League come to dominate pretty fast with smaller factions purged out of sector or (if they are lucky and colonized anything away from the center) reduced to irrelevance. Imho they should be buffed.

According to the lore Tri-Tachy is about on par with Hegemony in terms of military potential, yet because Tri-Tachy has far fewer planets and nothing coming close to Chicomoztoc or Kazeron in terms of size their fleets are weak and can't stand up to invasions or successfully invade themselves. During the AI wars Tri-Tachyon had inferior numbers, inferior morale, lower quality of officer corps but they made up for it with tech quality, superior intelligence and superior strategizing with the help of AI which focused on harassment of Hegemony convoys and demolishing their logistics via small fleets of high tech ships and contracted privateers.

This can be ameliorated if a faction fighting Tri-Tachy receives a pirate-like debuff (-X access, -Y stability) for the duration of the war. Maybe only for planets limited to some vicinity of TT systems, maybe for all, not sure which is more lore-friendly. Small fleets of high tech ships would roam systems and attack traders/miners akin to what pirates do. Hopefully shortages caused by low accessibility with strong enough debuff will be enough to even out the playing field.

Luddic Church has Knights of Ludd who swore to protect the faithful, while Church fleets suck ass in general they could even out the field by supporting rebellions without declaring war by e.g. intercepting relief fleets, sending aid to rebels etc and gaining new planets through exploiting the moral high ground. That's how Luddic enhancement mod describes the history of the Cerberus planet and I think it fits with the lore decently.

Diktat... There isnt much lore for me to make up anything really. Problem with Diktat is that they only have one system (albeit strong one), which means that every single raid/invasion targets the same place. Usually Diktat can resist the initial invasion attempts but they get disrupted which tanks their fleet power and the following invasions succeed. Maybe give them more Lion Guard task forces to help out with invasions and defences?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3388 on: December 14, 2020, 12:53:52 AM »

Well, I wouldn't expect small factions to be competitive with big factions (and Tri-Tachyon did lose the Second AI War pretty badly in the end, which leaves them in an even worse position in the present).

That said, those are some interesting ideas for 4X gameplay in Starsector (which Nex is sort of but not really). I like the idea of an indirect influence system even if actually modelling it in SS it seems out of scope for me; has that Paradox-esque grand strategy feel to it.
Raiding activity is simpler to implement and has precedent in the game already, I might mess with something there.

Though really: Factions being wiped out quickly sounds like an underlying issue with how easy and common invasions are in Nex, and that's a long-standing problem I've yet to really solve. There are very few actual invasion events in canon (Andrada in Askonia was one). I do intend to specifically do something in that regard once Starsector 0.95 comes out.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: December 14, 2020, 02:40:56 AM »

Hello, scavenging issues still persist. The scavengers consistently pick fights when their fleets are clearly weaker than the player's. I'm fairly certain the problem lays in overestimating the power of their combat freighters. I really don't think these easy pickings should be adding to whatever salvage the player is already grabbing. Maybe some modifier could be added to discourage suicidal charges for loot they can not possibly hope to win.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 396