Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013526 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7c "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-10-10)
« Reply #3315 on: October 10, 2020, 10:25:42 AM »

* Blueprint trader supports Roider retrofit templates; number of items available increased to 7-10 (was 6-8)

Wait there's a BP trader somewhere? I've only ever known of the Prism Freeport...

Would you look at that? BP Trader is on Prism Freeport, in contacts :P

I got to be on something at this point. I'm not faceplaming as it would be such a hard slap I'd break my own nose.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 10:45:14 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Polite Pufferfish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: October 13, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »

Hello. Starsector is crashing with the following log file explanation. Does anyone have any ideas as to why? I appreciate any assistance.

45081 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.OO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: October 13, 2020, 03:54:52 PM »

Hello. Starsector is crashing with the following log file explanation. Does anyone have any ideas as to why? I appreciate any assistance.

45081 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.OO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

You didn't enable all libraries your mods require (this error is GraphicsLib not being enabled IIRC, it's on bottom of list in launcher)
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Polite Pufferfish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: October 16, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »

You didn't enable all libraries your mods require (this error is GraphicsLib not being enabled IIRC, it's on bottom of list in launcher)

I had all three libs installed and activated. I tried deleting and reinstalling all three (and Nexerelin), to no avail. In the end, I simply deleted the entire game and reinstalled everything from scratch. All is working again. Thank you for attempting to help. I do appreciate it.

Dampfnudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: October 17, 2020, 02:32:02 AM »

Suggestion:

On colonization the option to choose between

1) keeping for yourself
2) giving it to the faction you commissioned (reward credits)
3) giving it to the faction you commissioned but keeping the administration (boosts relationship)

I noticed in my game, that I can not administrate all planets, and that my own planets do not contribute to the global market value of any goods. So the bigger I became, the more I destroyed the global economy. That is why I prefer staying part of a faction. But i still want to colonize if I find a nice planet.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: October 17, 2020, 03:11:22 AM »

How do you mean that they do not contribute to the global economy? I thought it's a matter of insde calculations. Anyway The idea to colonize for someone seems nice.

Dampfnudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: October 17, 2020, 03:32:55 AM »

How do you mean that they do not contribute to the global economy? I thought it's a matter of insde calculations. Anyway The idea to colonize for someone seems nice.

They do not contribute to the global market cap that defines how much money you can make with exports. So in theory if all planets are yours, no planet will have income from exports. Only the expense of the industry.

So by getting more planets, you ruin the economy of all other factions (including yours) slowly but steady

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3322 on: October 17, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »

You can already give the planet to your commissioning faction after creating a colony (talk to the admin that spawns on comm board after undocking and redocking), then buy the governorship for 1 credit.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: October 17, 2020, 10:54:51 PM »

You can already give the planet to your commissioning faction after creating a colony (talk to the admin that spawns on comm board after undocking and redocking), then buy the governorship for 1 credit.

Does the AU upgrade commissioned planets?

Tmi gave a planet to the Tri tachyon and even after about 100 cycles it still didn't uograd the battlestation

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7 "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-09-06)
« Reply #3324 on: October 18, 2020, 06:00:27 AM »

* Add independent "vulture scavengers" which sometimes compete with player for battle salvage

AWESOME.
Haven't seen them in my current playthrough yet, maybe because of my fleet size, but with fresh save I have meet them, quite scary.
Is the speed of their appearance depending on value of the debris and derelicts? It took a while before they showed up when I was loitering around Hege-Tri-Ludd conflict in one of the systems at the start of the game. Admittedly, there wasn't much stuff but still I could snatch a few frigates before they showed up.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3325 on: October 18, 2020, 08:04:20 AM »

Does the AU upgrade commissioned planets?

Tmi gave a planet to the Tri tachyon and even after about 100 cycles it still didn't uograd the battlestation
NPCs will build new industries (and upgrade existing defenses at times) when received/taken from someone else, or on growing in size, yeah.
(They won't build stuff like heavy batteries or star fortresses unless the market is big enough)

Is the speed of their appearance depending on value of the debris and derelicts? It took a while before they showed up when I was loitering around Hege-Tri-Ludd conflict in one of the systems at the start of the game. Admittedly, there wasn't much stuff but still I could snatch a few frigates before they showed up.
They spawn at certain intervals (not sure exactly how often), with a limit on the maximum number of fleets based on amount of salvage floating around the system and the number of ongoing raids/invasions in the system.

There's currently a bit of a tension between not letting the player have free loot from other people's battles, and not trying to steal things dropped from player battles, but I hope it's in a decent place right now.

(Glad you like them!)

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: October 18, 2020, 11:39:08 PM »

This is getting better and better. Thanks a bunch.

They are now properly protecting their planet agaisnt raid, invasion and such which is good to see. The scavenger is a nice addition although they didn't pose much of a threat to my road to capital. I did see a raid of 9 fleets retreating with out action which is a bit strange.

But still, I think the amount of invasion per month right now is too excessive. Planets change hands too quick and break the immersion. Before the player even has enough strength to take on some of the faction, the entire sector is already a wreck with each system having a rainbow color in case of abundance faction mods. Some of these lone planets in mess up system don't even have patrol and easy for the taking as the one that has is owned by other faction and doesn't contribute to protection at all.

I suggest a priority system for invasion target with factions prioritise in retaking lost original planet in their home system first even if they are not hostile at the moment then aiming for other planets (including independent/depends on trait) in their claimed system or system that they has at least 1 planet so that they will have a strengthened base of operation. This will prevent a cripling moment, in case, the first planet to fall is the only one that has high command and they suddenly turn friendly with each other. The rest will have zero protection agaisnt raid and everything without permanent roaming fleets. There will be a single home system for every faction that also has highest aggressiveness in retaking, all other claimed system are interchangable between faction. They should also start claiming closest hostile faction systems one at a time for they will have a very clear goal to strike with said system turning into a full battlefield with one side trying to claim multiple planets and one side trying to retake and not pick a random planet litter all over the sector to capture (sounds like Stellaris). If the war weariness reach a certain thresshold, one faction will likely to lose the claimed system with reduce retaking and invasion capability.

Some of a very detached faction trait should also has very agressive retaking fleet to ensure their longivity. With this, in hope that, the full picture of the sector will more likely to be preserved, no faction wiped out too soon before player act and faction planets will be more likely to concentrate as to prevent lone planet easy capture.

They should also prioritise colonise a planet in their claimed system if it has 150% harzard and lower. A decivilizing planet should sometimes turns independent instead.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: October 21, 2020, 03:02:20 AM »

Few questions:
  • Is it possible to make factions prioritize colonizing planets that are close to them instead of, as the Hegemony did in my game, travelling dozens of lightyears to colonize places when there's better planets available inside one of their controlled core systems? It's really frustrating to see the NPC factions colonize places that I might be interested in instead of the places that would be better for them and that I wouldn't colonize anyway.
  • Could the Tri-Tachyon be given some kind of buff in the standard core worlds start? In my last game the Persean League took their only heavy industry world very early, which completely crippled them, and it was only through me capturing and gifting multiple low defence pirate worlds (including Kaptain Starworks and it's heavy industry) that they managed to survive until the end of that game.
  • Is it intended that NPC faction-backed rebellions fail every single time? Across an entire playthrough I've never seen a single rebellion succeed unless I actively aided it, which seems like a waste of the mechanic? Not sure how you'd go about changing it, though.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3328 on: October 21, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »

I suggest a priority system for invasion target with factions prioritise in retaking lost original planet in their home system first even if they are not hostile at the moment then aiming for other planets (including independent/depends on trait) in their claimed system or system that they has at least 1 planet so that they will have a strengthened base of operation. This will prevent a cripling moment, in case, the first planet to fall is the only one that has high command and they suddenly turn friendly with each other. The rest will have zero protection agaisnt raid and everything without permanent roaming fleets. There will be a single home system for every faction that also has highest aggressiveness in retaking, all other claimed system are interchangable between faction. They should also start claiming closest hostile faction systems one at a time for they will have a very clear goal to strike with said system turning into a full battlefield with one side trying to claim multiple planets and one side trying to retake and not pick a random planet litter all over the sector to capture (sounds like Stellaris). If the war weariness reach a certain thresshold, one faction will likely to lose the claimed system with reduce retaking and invasion capability.

Some of a very detached faction trait should also has very agressive retaking fleet to ensure their longivity. With this, in hope that, the full picture of the sector will more likely to be preserved, no faction wiped out too soon before player act and faction planets will be more likely to concentrate as to prevent lone planet easy capture.

They should also prioritise colonise a planet in their claimed system if it has 150% harzard and lower. A decivilizing planet should sometimes turns independent instead.

Is it possible to make factions prioritize colonizing planets that are close to them instead of, as the Hegemony did in my game, travelling dozens of lightyears to colonize places when there's better planets available inside one of their controlled core systems? It's really frustrating to see the NPC factions colonize places that I might be interested in instead of the places that would be better for them and that I wouldn't colonize anyway.
Yeah, I think I'll make factions prioritize conquering whole systems before trying to get a presence in new ones (though I probably won't make this a strict rule, might make invasion targets too predictable) and make factions strongly prefer in-system colonies.

I'll also extend the grace period during which no invasion points can accumulate. Right now it's 15 days, which I expect it's functionally irrelevant.

I won't give factions free fleets to retake lost markets (if that's the proposal) though, there's enough issues in the game with fleets out of thin air as it is.
(as for decivilization, I can't readily modify that part of the code at present, but if I ever do I might do some stuff with it)

Could the Tri-Tachyon be given some kind of buff in the standard core worlds start? In my last game the Persean League took their only heavy industry world very early, which completely crippled them, and it was only through me capturing and gifting multiple low defence pirate worlds (including Kaptain Starworks and it's heavy industry) that they managed to survive until the end of that game.
Hmm they already get some fairly significant buffs (both the Culann and Eochu Bres stations get alpha cores) and I'm wary of piling on further buffs on top of that to turn Hybrasil into some ultra-fortified system. Well, I'm giving the military base on Culann an alpha core too, that'll help.

Is it intended that NPC faction-backed rebellions fail every single time? Across an entire playthrough I've never seen a single rebellion succeed unless I actively aided it, which seems like a waste of the mechanic? Not sure how you'd go about changing it, though.
Well rebellions aren't generally expected to succeed without outside help.
If the faction aiding the rebellion could smuggle in such help (like the government faction can call in suppression fleets), that would help them and also add another point of possible player interaction. I'll see about implementing that.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: October 22, 2020, 05:04:22 AM »

I won't give factions free fleets to retake lost markets (if that's the proposal) though, there's enough issues in the game with fleets out of thin air as it is.
(as for decivilization, I can't readily modify that part of the code at present, but if I ever do I might do some stuff with it)

No, of course not free recapture fleets out of thin air but their would be invasion fleets. Instead of targeting a new unrelated planet that it can't even defend, it should aim for their lost planet in the home system. For example, I have multiple instances of Sindrian and Tri-tac lost their important planet like Sindria and Culann in the first hour of the play. They were pretty much done for with the loss of said planets which can be easily fixed with just recapture it but of course they don't and went on to capture some random Persean or Hegemony planets which got trashed nonstop because it doesn't have any patrol or even an orbital station.

And the issue of predictable invasion, I don't see the point of worry about that since I would be doing the same in their shoe but any invasion apart from recapture home planets should still be allowed. Only that, it prefers more on target inside an existing system with their colony.

Hmm they already get some fairly significant buffs (both the Culann and Eochu Bres stations get alpha cores) and I'm wary of piling on further buffs on top of that to turn Hybrasil into some ultra-fortified system. Well, I'm giving the military base on Culann an alpha core too, that'll help.

Adding alpha cores to those stations only makes it harder for the player to capture. What I usually saw was that it never pose any resistance to multiple invasion fleets ganging it since they will always spawn enough fleets to bring it down.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 396