Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013588 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7 "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-09-06)
« Reply #3270 on: September 27, 2020, 02:06:36 AM »

Official update, mostly the 0.9.7a2 stuff with some extras.

Nexerelin v0.9.7b
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.7b
* Vulture fleet fixes/improvements
    * Avoid targeting loot with an enemy fleet nearby, unless our fleet is strong enough to pick a fight
    * Try to avoid being distracted by nearby enemies
    * If no raids are incoming and there's nothing to salvage, go home instead of hanging around
    * Reduce spawn rate multiplier 8 -> 5, add another multiplier value to settings.json
    * Fix lying FP amount in debug log message
    * Remove debug message in message field
* Economy mult for invasion/raid size limit 15 -> 6
    * This means second-tier factions like Luddic Church and Tri-Tachyon cannot reach the invasion size hard limit (2,000 FP) with their initial faction sizes
* Rebalance export values for some commodities
    * Metals 3000 -> 2000
    * Transplutonics 6000 -> 4000
    * Recreational drugs 750 -> 900 (vanilla is 1500)
    * Also mention the mod changing export values in tips
* Agent fixes/improvements:
    * Rebellions can't be instigated on non-invadable markets
    * Ship procurement: Add exerelin_config setting to only steal ships available for sale (in open/military/black market)
    * Greatly reduced agent XP from legal ship procurements
    * Fix Sabotage Industry's actual duration not taking into account agent level
* Don't launch punitive expeditions or Hegemony inspections against player-governed colonies (held by commissioning faction)
    * Can now launch against autonomous colonies instead
* Add Devious faction trait: more frequent agent actions, with higher success rate and effect
* Diplomacy profiles: Don't show morality, just show the one thing it affects (stabilization package item)
* Fix issues with rebellion suppression fleets
    * No longer require a complete kill to be counted as stopped
    * No longer grants a 20% strength boost to government just from being spawned (instead gives 10% bonus on arrival, before applying the existing effect from cargo)
* Fix not being able to repatriate prisoner with commissioning faction
* Faction relation changes only trigger a check for remaining in alliance if the direction is negative
* Add memory key $nex_noOfficerDeath for officers; fix baseEscapeChance setting not actually being used
[close]

Unfortunately, the vulture fleets are still easy pray to my mid- and late-game fleet. They need to be better at just letting things go, especially when there is other salvage around.
Hmm I don't really feel like changing how it decides whether to fight or not. (It uses the same AI as the one that decides whether the fleet should disengage, hold, or attempt to force an engagement)
For now, this is sort of how it works; if you can beat them up and don't mind the rep loss, go for it.

Hello, I'd like to suggest adding another option when requesting a defense fleet-- A slider which determines the amount of time a defense fleet stays around a target market (similar to an invasion fleet, where you can choose the amount of marines a fleet can carry).

I've had multiple instances of requesting a defense fleet too early, that by the time an invasion came to one of my markets, the defense fleet already left. Sometimes when I try to time it right (in my head) by requesting a defense fleet after a certain amount of days have passed, I'd occasionally forget about it due to the numerous events that take place in-game that it just slips through my head.
Is this really a thing that happens? The defense fleets hang around for 150 days and no invasion takes that long to arrive with normal settings, so even if you requested the defense fleets immediately on seeing the invasion, and they arrived immediately, they should still be around when the invasion (auto)resolves.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7b "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-09-27)
« Reply #3271 on: September 27, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »

Might be some general bug or mod "synergy" around fleet strength calculations. I just had a "pirate armada" attack my late game murder fleet. It had one fighting cruiser total...

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: September 27, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »

Might be some general bug or mod "synergy" around fleet strength calculations. I just had a "pirate armada" attack my late game murder fleet. It had one fighting cruiser total...
Hey lifes rough for pirates, gotta do what ya gotta do

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: September 28, 2020, 12:08:03 AM »

I know, but it is not only the pirates. This was just an extreme example of a general problem, which I do not know the cause of.

SgtDVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: September 29, 2020, 08:27:49 AM »

Am I able to select the Ninth Battlegroup as my starting faction? I can't seem to find this faction in the starting factions list. Is there some sort of way to enable it and choose it as a starting faction?

ddcne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: September 29, 2020, 04:35:58 PM »

I know, but it is not only the pirates. This was just an extreme example of a general problem, which I do not know the cause of.

So I was having a good time with this until I started running afoul of the vengence fleets. My little fleet with its 1 battle cruiser suddenly encountering fleets of 4 battle ships 8 cruisers and *** you numbers of carriers every time I leave a system. They seem to spawn on top of me out of no where. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not but it seems... at best terribly unbalanced. At worst game breaking. Basically if you do anything to anger any faction enough you're sent back to the beginning only you're starting over with more people hating you. I think this mod needs a balance pass at least in terms of relative fleet strength to send to hunt some one down.

EDIT: So I was wrong, I'm going to leave the original post up in case anyone thought the same thing I did. It was actually a multiplier set in Varyasector not a value in Nexerelin and it was a bounty fleet not a vengence fleet that was kicking my ass. So If any of you are seeing weirdly sized, angry, and hostile bounty hunters please check the config in varya specificly the multipliers related to bounty fleets..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:04:00 PM by ddcne »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3276 on: September 29, 2020, 06:09:12 PM »

Am I able to select the Ninth Battlegroup as my starting faction? I can't seem to find this faction in the starting factions list. Is there some sort of way to enable it and choose it as a starting faction?
Ninth BG is not available as a starting faction (and generally don't do anything in Nex) because they lack a Nex config. Someone would have to write one; copying and editing one of the existing configs included with Nex or another mod will work.

So I was having a good time with this until I started running afoul of the vengence fleets. My little fleet with its 1 battle cruiser suddenly encountering fleets of 4 battle ships 8 cruisers and *** you numbers of carriers every time I leave a system. They seem to spawn on top of me out of no where. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not but it seems... at best terribly unbalanced. At worst game breaking. Basically if you do anything to anger any faction enough you're sent back to the beginning only you're starting over with more people hating you. I think this mod needs a balance pass at least in terms of relative fleet strength to send to hunt some one down.

EDIT: So I was wrong, I'm going to leave the original post up in case anyone thought the same thing I did. It was actually a multiplier set in Varyasector not a value in Nexerelin and it was a bounty fleet not a vengence fleet that was kicking my ass. So If any of you are seeing weirdly sized, angry, and hostile bounty hunters please check the config in varya specificly the multipliers related to bounty fleets..
Lol good thing the "Insert Quote" function caught your edit. Yeah, I suspected it was Vayra bounty hunter fleets; hopefully they'll get adjusted once Vayra comes back to modding.

fastdino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: September 30, 2020, 02:13:57 AM »

I'm getting a java.lang.NullPointerException crash that I think that is related to vulture fleets.

From what I can recall, I was having a battle with a lowtech station as my ally. When the battle was over, I decided to scavenge the scraps of my battle, only to be interrupted by vulture scavengers( "Back off, we were here first" LOL). I closed the comms and did not fight them, and it seemed the vulture fleet was backing off from the scavenge , fleeing from me. From there, I started scavenging again but then I still was confronted by the vulture scavenger fleet. However this time, below all the usual text for a encounter a line something like Fatal:null showed up. I closed the encounter window and the game crashed afterwards. I have saved right before I started salvaging at all, but loading up the save keeps giving me the same Fatal:null crash shortly after.

Here is relevent info from the logs of me reloading said save:

1268985 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPlayerBountyIntel  - updating player-targeted bounties
1268986 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPlayerBountyIntel  - diableavionics has updated their existing bounty on the player's head, adding 376371.0 credits.
1268986 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPlayerBountyIntel  - diableavionics has reduced their bounty on the player's head to 2720000 credits as the paltry threat they pose makes it unreasonable to pay more.
1271085 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1271275 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.P.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.addIconFor(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$9.public.float(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$9.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
1271313 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1271314 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 02:15:47 AM by fastdino »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: September 30, 2020, 05:49:59 AM »

I've got a question: I tried out mining and itìs really cool, but how do I actually mine asteroids? I'm used to just surveying a planet and then selecting them mine option but how do you do the same with asteroids? Is there a specific button that needs to be pressed in order to start mining an asteroid field/belt?
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: September 30, 2020, 05:57:57 AM »

Ah, I thought of all the things you could do other than...you know, just clicking on the bloody asteroids, that does it  ::)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: September 30, 2020, 08:19:38 AM »

Hello, I haven't really been up to date with the latest Starsector developments, so I'd like to just ask: I noticed that the new Vulture fleets give me the message that hostile actions against that fleet would result in a lower rep drop. I was at like +25ish rep with independents before I got intercepted and attacked by one said vulture fleet after scavenging through a debris field. After the battle I noticed that my rep with Indies dropped to -56. Is this intended behavior?

Sapfearon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: September 30, 2020, 09:43:49 AM »

crash after i left my colony.

6112826 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
6112827 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Atmospheric_Rise.ogg]
6112858 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
6112858 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
6113608 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.CovertActionIntel.shouldAbortIfOwnMarket(CovertActionIntel.java:367)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.CovertActionIntel.advanceImpl(CovertActionIntel.java:374)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

edit : another crash, same problem. This is nex crash if i'm reading it right? something to do with agent?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:37:55 PM by Sapfearon »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 01, 2020, 02:28:09 AM »

crash after i left my colony.
[...]
edit : another crash, same problem. This is nex crash if i'm reading it right? something to do with agent?
Were you trying to execute a particular agent action, or did this happen on its own? (If the latter, a modlist might help)
The crash looks like it's from attempting an action without a target colony.

(Also it seems you're using an out-of-date copy of Nex)

Hello, I haven't really been up to date with the latest Starsector developments, so I'd like to just ask: I noticed that the new Vulture fleets give me the message that hostile actions against that fleet would result in a lower rep drop. I was at like +25ish rep with independents before I got intercepted and attacked by one said vulture fleet after scavenging through a debris field. After the battle I noticed that my rep with Indies dropped to -56. Is this intended behavior?
This shouldn't happen (my first thought was that the vultures pulled in another independent fleet to help them and you killed ships from that fleet, but a glance at the code suggests it shouldn't affect the matter).
Do you remember if the rep loss to hostile state was shown within the battle dialog, in the campaign GUI afterwards, or did it just happen silently?

I'm getting a java.lang.NullPointerException crash that I think that is related to vulture fleets.

From what I can recall, I was having a battle with a lowtech station as my ally. When the battle was over, I decided to scavenge the scraps of my battle, only to be interrupted by vulture scavengers( "Back off, we were here first" LOL). I closed the comms and did not fight them, and it seemed the vulture fleet was backing off from the scavenge , fleeing from me. From there, I started scavenging again but then I still was confronted by the vulture scavenger fleet. However this time, below all the usual text for a encounter a line something like Fatal:null showed up. I closed the encounter window and the game crashed afterwards. I have saved right before I started salvaging at all, but loading up the save keeps giving me the same Fatal:null crash shortly after.
Are you using Extra Systems Reloaded v0.5.0? That's been having issues, try the fix .jar here.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 01, 2020, 05:51:56 AM »

This shouldn't happen (my first thought was that the vultures pulled in another independent fleet to help them and you killed ships from that fleet, but a glance at the code suggests it shouldn't affect the matter).
Do you remember if the rep loss to hostile state was shown within the battle dialog, in the campaign GUI afterwards, or did it just happen silently?
It happened silently. No rep change message was present anywhere, the only way I figured indies were suddenly hostile to me was by viewing the Intel tab after I got attacked.

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 01, 2020, 08:57:06 AM »

Question on adding factions.

I'd like to add as many of the faction mods as humanely possible...

Will this screw up nexellerin at all?
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 396