Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013129 times)

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7 "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-09-06)
« Reply #3255 on: September 18, 2020, 10:28:42 PM »

For performance reasons, the limit of vulture fleets should be a setting. Maybe their size as well. Personally, I would like to see that random -- sometimes my size, sometimes way too big/small to even consider a fight.

Because vulture fleets have independent gear and a lot of support ships, "equal to player strength" is actually weaker most of the time. I found most of them to be easy prey so far.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: September 20, 2020, 04:07:46 AM »

I have a question:

Do AI factions build new buildings and upgrade them when they get new colonies via invasion/donation?

Because when I check colony info, I often see that they they don't build  industries and not upgrade them.

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: September 20, 2020, 10:15:29 AM »

Do AI factions build new buildings and upgrade them when they get new colonies via invasion/donation?

Because when I check colony info, I often see that they they don't build  industries and not upgrade them.

They do, but I'm not quite sure how the logic works.

If I found a new colony and donate it so I can purchase back the governorship, the AI will always start to build mining/farming immediately.

I've definitely seen them build orbital stations, patrol HQs, and even upgrade heavy industry to orbital works.  A colony growing in size triggers it considering building things.  Otherwise, it seems to happen infrequently/rarely?  Whether and what they actually build may depend upon the overall economy of the faction?

One thing I have noticed is that giving them a market that doesn't have any resources seems to confuse the AI and they won't build anything until it grows.

Speaking of purchasing governorships, I'm sometimes annoyed at the lack of an option to become governor after invading a planet.  I either have to hand it over to my faction completely--and am frequently unable to purchase governorship because of the size--or found my own faction.  I was thinking it would be nice if there was a third option to purchase the governorship, unrestricted by market size, with a few caveats: 1) larger markets should require cooperative standing and 2) the cost should be something like (200-250k * market size * number of markets controlled by the player already).  It would seem to make sense to me that factions would be keen to help the rising hero advance their own interests, but would grow increasingly jealous/nervous if the player consolidates too much power within their organization.

That said, I didn't look into what happens when the player is hostile to independents, and vultures fighting people on their own is undesirable.

It happens constantly.  They also attack my convoys and orbital stations.  There were 5 markets in the system.  Initially only 1 was Pather.  I have conquered 3 of them for the Pathers.  The final one is a normal faction that isn't currently hostile to the Luddic Path, and it is continuing to churn out vulture fleets at a prodigious rate.  The trouble is that the vulture fleets fight the Pather armadas, which produces salvage and derelicts, which spawns more vulture fleets, and on and on it goes.  It's like the independents have a high command in the system despite having no markets.

I purchased the governorship of one of the markets, so there are now 2 Pather High Commands in the system.  It's gotten to the point that the Vulture fleets are destroyed almost immediately, and two of them are spawning every day after I've been in the system for a little while.

Maybe if a system is controlled by a pirate faction, vultures should decide that it's too dangerous and steer clear.  Another option would be to just give a limit of 2-3 fleets and then add a cooldown of at least a month before more spawn.  After all, they are presumably economic opportunists, not soldiers prepared to die for a cause.

I would also second that it would be nice if there were settings to disable or adjust this feature.

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: September 21, 2020, 12:43:30 AM »

I am actually having the opposite experience with vulture fleets. I had dropped a colony and for some reason, an endless horde of pirate armadas decided to smash it. I kinda figured I was doomed to just get raided forever, but after the first debris field between my space station and the first pirate armada showed up, vulture fleets started appearing. Vulture fleets of massive size and number. They demolished the pirate armadas for me and cleared everything out of the system that was remotely hostile. And they blocked my access to the debris field from my own space station that was caused by my faction.

So, it seems like the vulture fleets either act like a hunter killer team vs the player if independents hate you, as a source of infinite debris fields if you are pirates, or as a galactic anti-pirate police force if your faction is attacked by pirates. I am pretty sure that whatever the design goal for the vulture fleets was, it was none of these 3.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3259 on: September 22, 2020, 03:21:02 AM »

I won't have time to properly playtest my vulture fleet adjustments for a while, so I'd appreciate it if people try this beta version and see if it addresses your issues.

v0.9.7a2 download

Changelog
Relevant bit:
* Vulture fleet fixes/improvements
    * Avoid targeting loot with an enemy fleet nearby, unless our fleet is strong enough to pick a fight
    * Try to avoid being distracted by nearby enemies
    * If no raids are incoming and there's nothing to salvage, go home instead of hanging around
    * Reduce spawn rate multiplier 8 -> 5, add another multiplier value to settings.json

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: September 22, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »

How do I blacklist a ship from being procured by Agents?
Check out my ships

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: September 22, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »

do i need to restart to use this mod?

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: September 22, 2020, 05:43:59 PM »

Check out my ships

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3263 on: September 22, 2020, 06:37:39 PM »

How do I blacklist a ship from being procured by Agents?
data/config/exerelin/agent_steal_ship_config.csv
Set a cost mult of <0 for the desired hull ID.

do i need to restart to use this mod?
You can add it to an existing save, although Prism Freeport won't appear without console commands.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: September 23, 2020, 05:06:26 AM »

Thanks
Check out my ships

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: September 23, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »

just wondering how do i join an alliance it says my faction is able to join but i tried comn relay at one of the members but it didnt let me join

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: September 23, 2020, 04:20:22 PM »

I won't have time to properly playtest my vulture fleet adjustments for a while, so I'd appreciate it if people try this beta version and see if it addresses your issues.

I haven't had a lot of time to test, but it does seem to work much better now.  Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: September 24, 2020, 02:00:24 AM »

just wondering how do i join an alliance it says my faction is able to join but i tried comn relay at one of the members but it didnt let me join

Press Tab then E, check the alliances tab.

In the list of alliances, click on one of them, if you can join, you will have button that says "Join Alliance" or something like that.

Click on it to join alliance.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: September 24, 2020, 02:44:15 AM »

I can't quite remember, but could you only buy Governorship of a Colony while Commissioned to that Faction?

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: September 26, 2020, 05:50:37 AM »

Unfortunately, the vulture fleets are still easy pray to my mid- and late-game fleet. They need to be better at just letting things go, especially when there is other salvage around.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 396