Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013047 times)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6g "Earth and Sky" (fixes 2020-08-09)
« Reply #3210 on: August 09, 2020, 05:04:22 PM »

Don't know if the random sector mode is even being developed but is it possible to add a config in a file or better a slider in the new game dialog to adjust the bounds of the random core worlds? It seems to be hardcoded right now and I'm pretty sure its much larger than vanilla core worlds.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3211 on: August 10, 2020, 02:55:59 AM »

Don't know if the random sector mode is even being developed but is it possible to add a config in a file or better a slider in the new game dialog to adjust the bounds of the random core worlds? It seems to be hardcoded right now and I'm pretty sure its much larger than vanilla core worlds.
Dunno about a setting/slider, but I'll look at making the systems spawn closer together.

A little Suggestion born from the Frustration of not getting a Paragon Blueprint after 4 Cycles, and not having enough Points when it was on sale:

Add Empty Blueprints for Purchase in Independent Military Markets (aka Reputation locked) which are expensive and have the sole purpose of trading them in for Points at Prism Freeport.
Maybe add an option to also find them rarely on Black Markets, or even Pirate Military Markets

For Example:
  • Favorable: Nothing yet
  • Welcoming: 200.000 Credits for a small 100 Points Blueprint
  • Friendly: 2.000.000 Credits for a 1.000 Points Blueprint
  • Cooperative: 1.000.000 Credits for a 1.000 Points "Deluxe" Blueprint (basically just a Discount)
If I did something like that, I may as well cut out the middleman and allow credit purchases of blueprints directly. Which I don't plan to implement, as I don't want a general "convert credits to blueprints" method.

wait. why isn't this mod showing up in version checker?
Works for me

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: August 10, 2020, 05:49:20 AM »

wait. why isn't this mod showing up in version checker?
Works for me
*embarrassed look* oh right, i don't have it enabled as an active mod this current campaign. derpz

i had it on my mind to add it next playthrough as i slowly add the 'big' mods one by one each future campaign. my computer is shiite so i'm testing the limits of my RAM when saving my game. (and yes, i know all about vmpamps thingy whatsit)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 05:51:43 AM by majorfreak »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: August 14, 2020, 08:34:07 PM »

I encountered a very specific and strange issue, I'll explain:

So there was this system that i gave autonomy to, with donated admins and everything. Some time later and due to reasons i ended up handing this system to another faction and it was his system for a time. Due to another set of reasons, i ended up having to take that system back by force, but after everything was said and done i realized that the planets in this system could no longer be made autonomous, it just doesn't have the option (i talked to all the staff on each planet). All the regular options are there, except "grant autonomy".

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: August 16, 2020, 09:38:54 AM »

Is being able to scavenge ships from battles between other factions going to be addressed? It's easy to just wait for some invasion to happen and just gather stuff when they're fighting. Saves tons of effort to get the better ships.
There should be reputation penalty for taking "their" stuff or outright being stopped from doing so if there is a free faction fleet around.

Kali666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: August 16, 2020, 10:13:23 AM »

Would it be possible to talk an alpha core governor into temporarily relocating when a hegemony inspection is coming their way?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3216 on: August 17, 2020, 02:57:11 AM »

I encountered a very specific and strange issue, I'll explain:

So there was this system that i gave autonomy to, with donated admins and everything. Some time later and due to reasons i ended up handing this system to another faction and it was his system for a time. Due to another set of reasons, i ended up having to take that system back by force, but after everything was said and done i realized that the planets in this system could no longer be made autonomous, it just doesn't have the option (i talked to all the staff on each planet). All the regular options are there, except "grant autonomy".
Hmm, couldn't easily reproduce. If you have a save (hopefully without too many mods) I can look at the affected planets directly and see what's going wrong with them.

Is being able to scavenge ships from battles between other factions going to be addressed? It's easy to just wait for some invasion to happen and just gather stuff when they're fighting. Saves tons of effort to get the better ships.
There should be reputation penalty for taking "their" stuff or outright being stopped from doing so if there is a free faction fleet around.
As it happens, I'm experimenting in dev with having independent scavengers also try to collect the salvage and potentially fight the player for it.
I could also try rep penalties with the faction that drops the ships, but they sound potentially annoying ("I get docked for recovering a derelict ship, when if I leave it alone the owner makes no attempt whatsoever to pick it up?")

Would it be possible to talk an alpha core governor into temporarily relocating when a hegemony inspection is coming their way?
Not sure I can change the removal dialog, but I might try to make the inspection not find the alpha core.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: August 18, 2020, 01:25:01 AM »

Hmm, couldn't easily reproduce. If you have a save (hopefully without too many mods) I can look at the affected planets directly and see what's going wrong with them.

It's gonna be a bit problematic, cuz i already gave that system away again, i'll retake it and send you the save, i have several mods installed unfortunately. Here's the list in the meantime:
Mod List
Adjusted Sector v0.2.2
Aerial Combat Suit
Audio Plus
Azur Lane Eagle Union Portrait Pack
Azur Lane Royal Navy Portrait Pack
Better Colonies
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
Communist Clouds
Console Commands
Flags for founders
Fuel Siphoning
Girls Frontline Portrait Pack
GraphicsLib
Hostile Intercept
Hyperdrive
Interesting Portraits Pack
Kadur Remnant
Kantai Collection Portrait Pack
LazyLib
MagicLib
More Officer Skills v0.1.0
Nexerelin
Ship and Weapon Pack
SkilledUp
SpeedUp
Starship Legends
Supply Forging
Terraforming and Station Construction
Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.2.1a
Transparent planetary shield - blue
UnknownSkies
Vayra's Sector
Vayra's Ship Pack
Version Checker
[close]

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: August 18, 2020, 08:10:26 AM »

As it happens, I'm experimenting in dev with having independent scavengers also try to collect the salvage and potentially fight the player for it.
Now that's damn cool. Make the scavs get attracted to large battles and systems before invasions and we get pretty lively game.

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: August 21, 2020, 05:15:02 AM »

Hello, thank you for creating this fantastic mod. I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but after having searched, no one seems to have asked this, so I'd like to inquire: what options are available within the option Special Functions? I get the feeling that I'm missing out on something after having established a faction (something along the lines of engaging in diplomacy with other factions), though I can't put my finger on it.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: August 21, 2020, 10:19:13 AM »

Suggestion regarding Alliances:

The possibility of Ship Quality being applied alliance wide, instead of faction wide, that is to say, the faction with the best quality ship production will share that same quality with factions he's allied with that have no heavy industry or heavy industry of lesser quality. This could give more staying power and the possibility of a come back to underdog factions.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3221 on: August 22, 2020, 08:08:41 AM »

Hello, thank you for creating this fantastic mod. I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but after having searched, no one seems to have asked this, so I'd like to inquire: what options are available within the option Special Functions? I get the feeling that I'm missing out on something after having established a faction (something along the lines of engaging in diplomacy with other factions), though I can't put my finger on it.
The full list should be:
- Faction directory
- Prisoner options
- Fleet request
- Alliance options (must not have a commission)
- Take temporary control of autonomous colonies

Suggestion regarding Alliances:

The possibility of Ship Quality being applied alliance wide, instead of faction wide, that is to say, the faction with the best quality ship production will share that same quality with factions he's allied with that have no heavy industry or heavy industry of lesser quality. This could give more staying power and the possibility of a come back to underdog factions.
Hmm, that's an idea. Although I don't know how much it'd help for those particular scenarios (or indeed, whether it might be annoying for player fighting an alliance).

(Honestly I kinda wish vanilla had some mechanic for non-junk cross-faction imports, so you don't have each faction mod needing its own heavy industry and saturating the market for the relevant commodities)

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: August 22, 2020, 02:56:21 PM »

Is it possible to make export of Governorship Colonies count towards the Player factions in-faction imports? A Governorship Colony with a Food Export of 8 doesn't satisfy my own Colonies Food demand in-faction.

Orbitals Works and Nanoforges on these Colonies also don't count towards the Players Factions Ship Quality.

Furthermore, Governorship Colonies use Fleet Doctrines of their Parent Faction.

Oranje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: August 23, 2020, 10:20:29 AM »

Hey, ive looked at this game a bit, and like the mod you made, since its made it much more unpredictable to play with.

Now, the reason i posted here other then to put a feather in your cap, is to ask if it is possible to start a real "lone wolf" game in your mod, since i dislike either starting as part of an established faction, or already with my own planet. (i sorta like to try and fight my way out of the dirt)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: August 23, 2020, 11:12:35 AM »

Hey, ive looked at this game a bit, and like the mod you made, since its made it much more unpredictable to play with.

Now, the reason i posted here other then to put a feather in your cap, is to ask if it is possible to start a real "lone wolf" game in your mod, since i dislike either starting as part of an established faction, or already with my own planet. (i sorta like to try and fight my way out of the dirt)

Yes theres the free start option thats basically just the vinalla start option, its below the faction start options
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 396