Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013583 times)

ZeroXSEED

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6d "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-04-26)
« Reply #3120 on: June 25, 2020, 02:45:53 AM »

Hello, this is my first post here. I like Starsector but this is my first time to Fractalsoft forums and getting involved with the community.

Spoiler
Does the Derelict Empire and Derelict Starter set means the drones no longer [UNBOARDABLE] with this mod active? Or does that status remains unchanged and I cannot recover fallen units?

What about their status as [HIDDEN FROM CODEX]?

Before this mod I've been tinkering with them for a while, mostly using command line cheats than anything, so I'm glad they become official faction now.
[close]

Hopefully someone can answer this.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3121 on: June 25, 2020, 03:47:47 AM »

Hello, this is my first post here. I like Starsector but this is my first time to Fractalsoft forums and getting involved with the community.

Spoiler
Does the Derelict Empire and Derelict Starter set means the drones no longer [UNBOARDABLE] with this mod active? Or does that status remains unchanged and I cannot recover fallen units?

Before this mod I've been tinkering with them for a while, mostly using command line cheats than anything, so I'm glad they become official faction now.
[close]

Hello and welcome!
Derelict Empire doesn't change droppability or codex hidden-ness of any ships. For the first, you'll want the Boardable Unboardables mod (note this only affects vanilla derelict/Remnant ships, not those added by mods).

If I set followersAgents to true, what sort of behaviour can I expect? Will they, for example, try to maintain good relations and/or alliances?
They'll use the NPC agent-handling AI, which does whatever seems helpful to their faction. In particular, it can:
- Raise relations with factions that are in the inhospitable-favorable range with us ("us" being the agent's faction)
- Lower relations of factions that are favorable or worse with us
- Sabotage industries or destroy commodity stocks of economic competitors that are neutral or worse with us
- Disrupt military buildings of hostile factions
- Destabilize markets of people who are inhospitable or worse with us

Invasions/raids somewhat scale to the target's defences (but the defences get stronger faster than the fleets). However, the bigger the invasion, the longer it takes for the next one to be spawned, so there's an advantage there.
Right but, correct me if I'm wrong, there's a percentage uncertainty in there too? Which makes more defense a double-edged sword, since while they may be less frequent, they're more likely to be massively bigger.
Maybe? The variability should be quite limited though.

(When calculating the defender's strength, the estimated strength of the patrol fleets in system is deliberately off from the "actual" value (which is in itself an average). It generates a random Gaussian value and multiplies the actual patrol strength by a number ranging from 0.7 (at -3 sigma or lower) to 1.3 (at 3 sigma or higher). Stations are also incorporated in the defense estimate, but no variance is applied to them.)

Is there a way to reduce the overt aggression of everyone in the coreworlds (i.e. reduce the amount of invasions)? Risk IN SPACE (with warcrimes) is great and all, and I do love me some war profiteering, but it gets me down when my biggest consumer of goods goes down because random events decided that they should be the focus of five simultaneous invasions and the last faction who gets the planet has no enemies aside from the guy getting ganked and makes it hard for me to profit due to the resultant stability.
You can reduce the frequency of invasions for everyone by increasing the pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet value in exerelin_config.json.

Would you mind explaining how frequent is, say the default, 24000?
I don't actually have a head for how much the values are; the figure is more a benchmark for "this feels right" than anything like "Hegemony averages one invasion every 14 weeks". As in, if you think invasions should be approximately half as frequent as they are now, just set the value to 48000.

(Points are accumulated primarily based on the availability of supplies, ship parts, fuel, marines, and heavy armaments on each of the faction's colonies, with bonuses for in-faction supplies. One of the effects of this is that mods which add new colonies for vanilla factions, and the various things that can happen in game, will affect the frequency of invasions.)

ZeroXSEED

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: June 25, 2020, 03:56:06 AM »

Spoiler

[close]

Hello and welcome!
Derelict Empire doesn't change droppability or codex hidden-ness of any ships. For the first, you'll want the Boardable Unboardables mod (note this only affects vanilla derelict/Remnant ships, not those added by mods).

Thank you!

runetrantor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: June 25, 2020, 09:51:12 PM »

Is there a way to disable respawning factions midgame?

I kind of regret it now that I am getting swarmed by like, 10 fleets the dead faction pulled out of an inactive gate. XD 
I already have enough babysitting my alliance and fighting off bounty hunters.

Unrelatedly, it would be great if we could 'finance' upgrades in allied planets, since the AI is an idiot about building and improving worlds. I would gift them all planet shields and starforts. :P
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:53:40 PM by runetrantor »

Strangelove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: June 26, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »

I had 5 pirate raids in a few months after building my first colony. Is this intended? Seems very excessive. A week or two after defeating one, I would get another, and nothing seems to be stopping them. Every time, I have about 4-5 separate pirate fleets in my system every time, and even calling other faction's fleets to help me is not enough.

EDIT: The latest raid spawned at least 8 pirate fleets.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:45:57 PM by Strangelove »

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: June 27, 2020, 01:16:47 AM »

Personally not a huge fan of 4x type games, it feels like it's trying to make SS more 4x based, which isn't personally to my taste.
Good effort on the mod though, very polished, never really noticed any bugs, very solid.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: June 28, 2020, 06:21:56 AM »

I had 5 pirate raids in a few months after building my first colony. Is this intended? Seems very excessive.

I think something else is going on, or perhaps a bit more time has passed than it feels like. It would take 4-5 months to build enough structures to attract raids I think.

What I do is find a system with at least one mining and one farming type planet and colonize them both more or less simultaneously. They supply each other and each draws less attention than one big one. To expound on that, its better if the colonies population growth is the focus and then industries are added at like size 5, when they will be providing enough resources to help fight the raids.

Personally not a huge fan of 4x type games, it feels like it's trying to make SS more 4x based, which isn't personally to my taste.
Good effort on the mod though, very polished, never really noticed any bugs, very solid.

Well to be fair it is the first line of the mod description ;)

I never try to conquer the galaxy but I still roll with it for the increased ways to manage rep. I grab 200 marines, look for a size 3 pirate base that just had its battlestation incapacitated, and invade. Gift the market to someone and voila a little patience and resources opens up access to more ships.

Now the market has a chance to rebel, the faction sends a suppression fleet to handle it, and if the market does rebel I lose some of the rep but not all of it. Makes it worth flying somewhere I've already been a million times.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 06:27:33 AM by Shuka »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3127 on: June 28, 2020, 05:59:28 PM »

I had 5 pirate raids in a few months after building my first colony. Is this intended? Seems very excessive. A week or two after defeating one, I would get another, and nothing seems to be stopping them. Every time, I have about 4-5 separate pirate fleets in my system every time, and even calling other faction's fleets to help me is not enough.

EDIT: The latest raid spawned at least 8 pirate fleets.
Nex doesn't touch pirate raids. Not sure if any other mods do (don't know of any).
There's a known (vanilla) bug where a successful pirate raid allows the next one to spawn almost instantly, but if you're defeating one raid and getting another within 2-3 weeks that shouldn't be happening, although I have no idea what might cause it.

Narrowed down a crash related to Nex and the Console commands mod, attempted to boot only those two (With lazy lib of course) and just gives me a consistent CTD. Downloaded fresh versions, disabled/re-enabled and the problem still persists. Don't know if it's worth noting but game loads up with my 70 something mods enabled without Nexerelin, which is what lead me here.

Modlist;
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "lw_console",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "nexerelin"
]}
[close]
It works on my end with just those three mods.
Do a clean reinstall of Console Commands, downloading the dev release from here.

Strangelove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: June 29, 2020, 06:14:08 AM »

Does trading with a faction strengthen it in any way? Does trading on the black market support pirates?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: June 30, 2020, 11:28:33 PM »

Does trading with a faction strengthen it in any way? Does trading on the black market support pirates?

I think trading in open market can strengthen the faction, i do some test and selling 10000000 marines to faction through open market and you know what? they invade everything and raid everything, so trading can strengthen them from the Taxes.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: July 01, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »

hi, having this error right after defeating small luddic church fleet
anyone knows what's that?
thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------
618973 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.util.SWP_Util.getNonDHullId(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipHullSpecAPI;)Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.util.SWP_Util.getNonDHullId(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipHullSpecAPI;)Ljava/lang/String;
   at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetEncounterContext.getRecoverableShips(NexFleetEncounterContext.java:58)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1890)
   at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:298)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncount erEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1723)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1466)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: July 01, 2020, 09:43:01 AM »

oh, and not only luddic church fleets. also pirates.
when the game crashes, the error mesage is:
------------------------------------------
fatal:
data.scripts.util.SWP_Util.getNonDHulld(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipHullSpecAPI;)/Ljava/lang/String;

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3132 on: July 02, 2020, 03:44:01 AM »

@Flying_Whale: The crashes are from trying to call code in the Ship & Weapon Pack mod while not having that mod, but it shouldn't try to do this unless it thinks the mod is actually running.
If you're using SWP, what version? If not, are you running any mods that might have the mod ID "swp"?

You can (temporarily) fix shortages by trading on a legal market, and sell nanoforges or synchrotron cores to places that can use them (vanilla features). I think (haven't actually tested) that the code which sets how fast invasion fleets are generated also picks up the increased supply from trade.
Trading with the black market doesn't benefit pirates, except for the selling blueprints thing.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: July 02, 2020, 11:10:30 AM »

Trading with the black market doesn't benefit pirates, except for the selling blueprints thing.

What does it mean? If I sell BP on BM anywhere what will it do?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:16:49 AM by Viking8008 »

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: July 02, 2020, 11:16:49 AM »

looks like updatimg SWP helped) thanks a lot!
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 396