Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013706 times)

Elouen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6d "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-04-26)
« Reply #3105 on: June 17, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »

Hi, i was enjoying a combination of your mod and archean order and i was enjoying  the scientist faction and i wanted to look at my intel, it crashed. pressing  the shortcut for the intel was doing nothing. i asked on morrokain's mod if someone knew something and he said this: "It looks like an issue with Nex when attempting to sabotage an industry but I'm not sure if I caused it or not as I do add station industries." i was actually using an agent to sabotage a pirate  spaceport if i remenber well. what can i do? must i not sabotage? or sabotage spaceport? or pirates? my only file is over so im pretty mad since i had a blast with this character, but i like your mod too much to stop it!

i got:
Archean order 1.3.4e
lazylib 2.4f
Magiclib 0.29
Nexerelin 0.9.6d
ZZ graphic lib 1.4.1

here is my star sector . log
https://mega.nz/file/MsRjHCBQ#dN-PpK7wHwJpAQCoekfxsFzlarh8g5bL_Ser36wwTbc

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: June 17, 2020, 04:46:40 PM »

I took a look at this and its stemming from:

Code
	@Override
public void addCurrentActionBullet(TooltipMakerAPI info, Color color, float pad) {
String action = getActionString("intelStatus_sabotageIndustry", true);
info.addPara(action, pad, color, Misc.getHighlightColor(),
industry.getCurrentName(), Math.round(daysRemaining) + "");
}

Which makes me theorize that industry is null so industry.getCurrentName() is causing the nullpointer. Not sure why that would happen though. I don't think its the TooltipMakerAPI that's coming up as null since that is called earlier in AgentIntel.java (line 190) so it would crash there if that was the case.

ultrashotpull

• Ensign
  • In Pursuit of Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: June 17, 2020, 05:38:51 PM »

Ran into an issue that I...honestly have no idea how it works or what it does, only that it's throwing up exerelin in the error logs.

33382 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.OO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Help, anyone?

Edit: Okay, uninstalling and reinstalling all three 'Lib' mods seemed to work...somehow? I...I don't know what I did or how.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 05:47:32 PM by ultrashotpull »
There's nothing better in life than a giant heck-off laser cannon capable of deleting planets. Except maybe a giant heck-off railgun that can do the same thing.

Elouen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: June 17, 2020, 06:23:11 PM »

thanks a lot, Morrokain! i guess i will stop using sabotage industries then (and save bvefore using agents)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3109 on: June 18, 2020, 08:07:41 AM »

I can't reproduce the agent sabotage crash with a new game in the latest version of Archean Order (1.3.5) and a modlist that is otherwise apparently identical. Does updating (if possible) fix the issue? If not, maybe I could debug it if you upload the save.

Sir Scarfalot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: June 18, 2020, 09:15:49 AM »

Hehe... I just discovered that if the Persean League takes over Jangala, then there's a shiny new description for the planet. That's just awesome!

Kinda wish there was something similar for when (it seems to happen pretty regularly) the Hegemony takes over Culann, too; doesn't really make sense for the Hegemony-run station to declare that "no Hegemony inspector has ever set foot inside", but I'm sure that's coming  ;D

This mod is the best :3

ultrashotpull

• Ensign
  • In Pursuit of Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: June 20, 2020, 07:15:01 PM »

Is there a way to reduce the overt aggression of everyone in the coreworlds (i.e. reduce the amount of invasions)? Risk IN SPACE (with warcrimes) is great and all, and I do love me some war profiteering, but it gets me down when my biggest consumer of goods goes down because random events decided that they should be the focus of five simultaneous invasions and the last faction who gets the planet has no enemies aside from the guy getting ganked and makes it hard for me to profit due to the resultant stability.

That and THEY KEEP KILLING OFF THE GOOD SHIP MERCHANTS. AND SLYPHON.
Slyphon did nothing wrong :(

And it gets kinda annoying when the only things that pop up in the corner of the screen are 'Invasion' messages rather than 'raid' ones.
There's nothing better in life than a giant heck-off laser cannon capable of deleting planets. Except maybe a giant heck-off railgun that can do the same thing.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: June 21, 2020, 06:01:21 AM »

It might just be something akin to the gambler's fallacy, but I've noticed nexerelin fleets always seem to be an even match for the target, and it's turning colony management into a babysitting chore. It also feels like I should just do the bare minimum to exceed the vanilla fleets, so it's easier to mop up the nex ones with my fleet.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: June 22, 2020, 07:22:51 AM »

Is there any way to figure out how many individual fleets an invasion/base strike/defend order will send? When I first sent a 1500 size one I imagined it to all be in one fleet, but instead it was just lots of smaller ones. Still don't know how it works it out after using it a bunch so figured I'd ask here if anyone knew?

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: June 22, 2020, 12:21:21 PM »

Also unrelated to the above question but I'm having a little issue with the faction directory. Trying to see what's left in the system and it's showing that the independents are still active even though they have no stations or planets left alive. They still show up in the look up and clicking on their name just gives a prompt saying 'Independent' every time I try.

https://imgur.com/a/BvRJvgc Embed image wasn't working so here's a direct link instead

Is it a bug that they're still showing or am I just missing something here...?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:23:10 PM by Nextia »

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3115 on: June 23, 2020, 03:32:35 AM »

Is there a way to reduce the overt aggression of everyone in the coreworlds (i.e. reduce the amount of invasions)? Risk IN SPACE (with warcrimes) is great and all, and I do love me some war profiteering, but it gets me down when my biggest consumer of goods goes down because random events decided that they should be the focus of five simultaneous invasions and the last faction who gets the planet has no enemies aside from the guy getting ganked and makes it hard for me to profit due to the resultant stability.
You can reduce the frequency of invasions for everyone by increasing the pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet value in exerelin_config.json.

It might just be something akin to the gambler's fallacy, but I've noticed nexerelin fleets always seem to be an even match for the target, and it's turning colony management into a babysitting chore. It also feels like I should just do the bare minimum to exceed the vanilla fleets, so it's easier to mop up the nex ones with my fleet.
Invasions/raids somewhat scale to the target's defences (but the defences get stronger faster than the fleets). However, the bigger the invasion, the longer it takes for the next one to be spawned, so there's an advantage there.

Is there any way to figure out how many individual fleets an invasion/base strike/defend order will send? When I first sent a 1500 size one I imagined it to all be in one fleet, but instead it was just lots of smaller ones. Still don't know how it works it out after using it a bunch so figured I'd ask here if anyone knew?
Sorry, there isn't an ingame display of how big the fleet(s) will be.
I can tell you the specific math though:
  • Each Nexerelin fleet event (invasions, raids, and a few other things) is X fleet points in size (this is what the fleet request slider controls)
  • While the event still has unspent points, do the following:
    • Base fleet size is 120 for raids/defense fleets, 180 for invasions
    • 33% chance to make fleet 50% bigger
    • Brawl mode increase fleet size by 25%, also apply any faction multipliers
    • Actual fleet size ranges from 85% to 115% of this amount
    • If the (fleet size from step 4) * 1.5 is more than the remaining unspent points, put all unspent points in this fleet
    • Deduct fleet size from event total, spawn next fleet

Also unrelated to the above question but I'm having a little issue with the faction directory. Trying to see what's left in the system and it's showing that the independents are still active even though they have no stations or planets left alive. They still show up in the look up and clicking on their name just gives a prompt saying 'Independent' every time I try.

https://imgur.com/a/BvRJvgc Embed image wasn't working so here's a direct link instead

Is it a bug that they're still showing or am I just missing something here...?
Hmm that's an odd bug, I'll look into it.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: June 23, 2020, 07:00:21 PM »

Great info thank you.

Loaded a vanilla run with nex and it asked me to go over some options. Very smooth nicely done.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: June 24, 2020, 07:45:31 AM »

Invasions/raids somewhat scale to the target's defences (but the defences get stronger faster than the fleets). However, the bigger the invasion, the longer it takes for the next one to be spawned, so there's an advantage there.
Right but, correct me if I'm wrong, there's a percentage uncertainty in there too? Which makes more defense a double-edged sword, since while they may be less frequent, they're more likely to be massively bigger.

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: June 24, 2020, 08:53:30 AM »

You can reduce the frequency of invasions for everyone by increasing the pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet value in exerelin_config.json.

Would you mind explaining how frequent is, say the default, 24000?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: June 24, 2020, 08:59:23 AM »

If I set followersAgents to true, what sort of behaviour can I expect? Will they, for example, try to maintain good relations and/or alliances?
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 396