Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042136 times)

Dr. Autissimo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6d "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-04-26)
« Reply #3075 on: June 04, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »

I really like the mod, but is there any way to limit the amount of colonies an AI faction can get?
Or to somehow make them keep a few systems clean?
Really sorry if this has been asked before, but I can neither find a setting in the configs, nor anything in this thread :c

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: June 04, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »

Does this mod remove the ability to see the cargo available/used bar in the bottom left of the UI ? (near the 'supply use' and 'fuel capacity' bars)

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: June 04, 2020, 11:47:43 PM »

Hey everyone

I'm using nex + vayra + a bunch of faction mods. The game starts fine, the fps is amazing and everything is fluid.... for ~30 mins only. After that the game slowly start to degrade badly, both in combat and in hyperspace. The only way to solve this issue is by restarting the game.

I'm replying to this topic because nex is probably the most complex and known mod out there. I really don't want to blame this mod, just want to know if someone else here is also affected by this same problem.

Btw, my pc is not bad but is not a gaming beast: threadripper 1950x, 32gbs ram, bang for buck ssd, rtx 2070. And I changed the memory allocation to 8gbs

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: June 05, 2020, 07:01:45 AM »

Hey everyone

I'm using nex + vayra + a bunch of faction mods. The game starts fine, the fps is amazing and everything is fluid.... for ~30 mins only. After that the game slowly start to degrade badly, both in combat and in hyperspace. The only way to solve this issue is by restarting the game.

I'm replying to this topic because nex is probably the most complex and known mod out there. I really don't want to blame this mod, just want to know if someone else here is also affected by this same problem.

Btw, my pc is not bad but is not a gaming beast: threadripper 1950x, 32gbs ram, bang for buck ssd, rtx 2070. And I changed the memory allocation to 8gbs

I have been running the mod without a problem, I have only set my memory to 4096, even though I have well over that in the system. I have about 200MB worth of mods loaded and it only seems to ever use about 2GB of RAM.

Perhaps try running it with 4GB and see if you have the same issues ?

MaysaChan

• Ensign
  • Mod collector & rookie anime artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: June 05, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »

Same faction attack each other?? Is this a bug??

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: June 05, 2020, 06:26:37 PM »

I have been running the mod without a problem, I have only set my memory to 4096, even though I have well over that in the system. I have about 200MB worth of mods loaded and it only seems to ever use about 2GB of RAM.

the game wont launch with less than 8GB, my mods folder is ~900mb in size. Well, I think it is time to do a fresh install and get easier on mods.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3081 on: June 05, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »

I really like the mod, but is there any way to limit the amount of colonies an AI faction can get?
Do you mean the colony expeditions the factions send? There's no hard cap on the number of colonies they create in this way, but you can increase "colonyExpeditionInterval" in exerelin_config.json, or "nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony" in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json, to slow down the rate at which they form colonies.

Same faction attack each other?? Is this a bug??
It can happen if something made a faction hostile to itself.
There's no way to tell which mod caused this or how, but you can fix it by entering this in console:
Code
runcode Global.getSector().getFaction("tahlan_legioinfernalis").setRelationship("tahlan_legioinfernalis", 1)

the game wont launch with less than 8GB, my mods folder is ~900mb in size. Well, I think it is time to do a fresh install and get easier on mods.
Allocating 8 GB isn't usually recommended FYI; try not to make it need more than 6 GB.

Does this mod remove the ability to see the cargo available/used bar in the bottom left of the UI ? (near the 'supply use' and 'fuel capacity' bars)
Nex doesn't touch that part of the GUI (not sure if it's moddable at all beyond colors and sprites used).
For me the cargo capacity bar is usually hidden, but appears when I view fleet or cargo screens. Is that what you're seeing?

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: June 06, 2020, 02:20:17 AM »

Nex doesn't touch that part of the GUI (not sure if it's moddable at all beyond colors and sprites used).
For me the cargo capacity bar is usually hidden, but appears when I view fleet or cargo screens. Is that what you're seeing?

Yes, it is exactly as you say, the mistake was mine, my apologies.

Now that I have noticed the lack of one, I really wish for it though.

Dr. Autissimo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: June 06, 2020, 02:58:45 AM »

Do you mean the colony expeditions the factions send? There's no hard cap on the number of colonies they create in this way, but you can increase "colonyExpeditionInterval" in exerelin_config.json, or "nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony" in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json, to slow down the rate at which they form colonies.

Thank you very much for pointing me In the right direction, I apparently did search the files for 'colonies', sorry...

I did some digging in the exerelin documentation, and it mentions a setting in the factions config, but that is on a per-faction basis, if that setting even still exists with your fork, right?
Also, is there any setting for the start date of colonies? Because I am in cycle 206 right now, and there already were a few colony expeditions, and most of the settings, even though I never changed anything, deviate from the default, so that might be changed for some reason too.

Again, thank you very much for your help in any case :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:06:41 AM by Dr. Autissimo »

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: June 06, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

I actually want more colonize expeditions

it makes finding good planets near the core worlds more important

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: June 07, 2020, 06:04:48 AM »

Just a small question, how do you increase your fleet request budget? Not sure how to raise it above the 2100 I've been on since I started using it. Also how do you raise the max invasion fleet size above 1500? Trying to invade some DA base and their fleet strengh is 1800ish so does that just mean I can never capture it without doing myself...?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:18:49 AM by Nextia »

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: June 07, 2020, 09:58:48 AM »

Just a small question, how do you increase your fleet request budget? Not sure how to raise it above the 2100 I've been on since I started using it. Also how do you raise the max invasion fleet size above 1500? Trying to invade some DA base and their fleet strengh is 1800ish so does that just mean I can never capture it without doing myself...?  :-\

Friend be simple, just make 2-3 invasion fleets on 1 desired planet. it will be like ~17 groups of ships they will annihilate entire system and everyone within the hyperspace.

Ofc it will cost you some cash.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: June 07, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »

just make 2-3 invasion fleets on 1 desired planet. it will be like ~17 groups of ships they will annihilate entire system and everyone within the hyperspace.

So, just request individual fleets to the same location? I didn't think they both would work in tangent but if it indeed does work that way, then hell yeah  ;D

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: June 07, 2020, 11:36:29 AM »

just make 2-3 invasion fleets on 1 desired planet. it will be like ~17 groups of ships they will annihilate entire system and everyone within the hyperspace.

So, just request individual fleets to the same location? I didn't think they both would work in tangent but if it indeed does work that way, then hell yeah  ;D

Dont worry it will do)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3089 on: June 07, 2020, 06:15:25 PM »

I did some digging in the exerelin documentation, and it mentions a setting in the factions config, but that is on a per-faction basis, if that setting even still exists with your fork, right?
Also, is there any setting for the start date of colonies? Because I am in cycle 206 right now, and there already were a few colony expeditions, and most of the settings, even though I never changed anything, deviate from the default, so that might be changed for some reason too.
The colony expedition timer is hardcoded to only begin counting down in 207 (so at the default 270 day interval it'll be late 207 before any expeditions occur). The other well-known mod that has colony expeditions, Vayra's Sector, defaults to only starting them in 208 (set in config). Colony expeditions in 206 sounds like another mod entirely.

Can you screenshot an example of the 206 colony events in the intel screen?

Friend be simple, just make 2-3 invasion fleets on 1 desired planet. it will be like ~17 groups of ships they will annihilate entire system and everyone within the hyperspace.

Ofc it will cost you some cash.
As for budget, having more and bigger military bases/high commands will increase its max.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:47:06 PM by Histidine »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 398