Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013136 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6c "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-03-28)
« Reply #3015 on: April 07, 2020, 05:48:50 PM »

I am Vary confused I did see it, but I just made another outpost in the same game so same parameters and stuffed a tons of ships and items into storage and waited a month and got the correct result. I did not colonies when I saw the outpost paying me for storage so perhaps something changes behind the scenes when you make a colony? I'll do some testing Friday to try to reproduce the bug when i have time.

Until i drained it of stuff, the first and only outpost i put up in penelope's star was showing a positive income of +9500 per month.. It had quite a bit of various stuffs in it. When nearly drained out its now showing -2500 per month.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: April 07, 2020, 10:15:31 PM »

Can you add an option to like sponsor exploration fleet of your commission faction? Cuz the only way I see is to establish a new one by myself and then give it to faction but it will trigger the creation of my own faction that I would like to avoid.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: April 08, 2020, 07:02:51 AM »

I'm playing with both NEX and Archean Order. Is it normal for Hegemony to have war weariness of 250k and still won't stop sending invasion fleets to everyone else? It sent 5 invasions to 5 out of my 8 planets the moment I retaliated against sudden war declaration.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: April 08, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »

I'm playing with both NEX and Archean Order. Is it normal for Hegemony to have war weariness of 250k and still won't stop sending invasion fleets to everyone else? It sent 5 invasions to 5 out of my 8 planets the moment I retaliated against sudden war declaration.

As i understand it, the higher that number gets the more it will attempt to send peace declarations to other AI factions. The AI factions have to accept however, which may or may not happen. It may be quite awhile before they settle down.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3019 on: April 08, 2020, 07:39:42 PM »

Is there a setting in Nexerelin wherein i can tone down the interval between Luddic path sleepers cells and Pirate activity?  I dont care about invasions, but the whack-a-mole to hunt these things down is ....yeah, killing my desire to keep playing. The problem multiplies when you have lots of factions and more then 3 markets under control, and with Boggle's terraforming mod that counts siphon stations etc etc as markets its literally all i spend most of my play time doing(hunting down all those bases).

Also, and a side note...dismissed agents notification staying on the agents screen apparently forever...
Nex doesn't touch pirate/Pather base spawning, but you can mess with some values in vanilla settings.json and see if it helps.
Though Pather cells barely matter in current version anyway.
Code: json
	"minPirateBases":2,
"maxPirateBases":3,

"minLPBases":2,
"maxLPBases":3,
As for dismissed agents, make sure you've unflagged the intel items as important (the (!) button).

Can you add an option to like sponsor exploration fleet of your commission faction? Cuz the only way I see is to establish a new one by myself and then give it to faction but it will trigger the creation of my own faction that I would like to avoid.
When you give away the planet it uncreates your faction with no penalty though.
I've been meaning to add a colony fleet request feature, but there's no good way to do the target selection GUI at present.

- Check the enemies' war weariness as well. Among the top 3 enemies with the highest war weariness, at least one must meet the minWarWearinessForPeace value in exerelin_config.json.
(The chance of a ceasefire roll succeeding also depends on the sum of the two factions' war weariness compared with the warWearinessDivisor and its level modifiers, but 250k should guarantee it on anything resembling default settings)

- However, a faction will not offer a ceasefire to anyone the first faction is currently sending invasion fleets to.

- In any case, one faction launching five invasion events at once should be functionally impossible under default settings. It suggests something seriously wrong with the settings or the state of the game.
If you upload the save somewhere I can try to see what's causing the problem.

Speeda325

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: April 10, 2020, 06:08:11 AM »

Hello. got a few questions
How can i change the time it takes for diplomatic events to happen, they happen to fast for my liking.
would you consider making it slower/take longer for Diplo events to happen.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:09:53 AM by Speeda325 »

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: April 10, 2020, 08:00:44 AM »

Do killed factions eventually respawn unless we give them a colony?

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: April 11, 2020, 06:39:59 PM »

what would happen if i set  both flags to 0 for pirates/pathers?  Those events simply wouldnt spawn anymore?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3023 on: April 12, 2020, 06:57:10 AM »

Hello. got a few questions
How can i change the time it takes for diplomatic events to happen, they happen to fast for my liking.
would you consider making it slower/take longer for Diplo events to happen.
eventFrequency in data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json
It's already been increased a couple of times, but I may bump it up a bit higher.

Do killed factions eventually respawn unless we give them a colony?
They can respawn by spawning an invasion from a hidden base (or through a rebellion) if this is enabled at game start*. It doesn't usually succeed, though.

*use the OpenNexConfig console command to toggle midgame

what would happen if i set  both flags to 0 for pirates/pathers?  Those events simply wouldnt spawn anymore?
Probably, but can't say for sure without testing.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: April 13, 2020, 06:47:15 PM »

- Check the enemies' war weariness as well. Among the top 3 enemies with the highest war weariness, at least one must meet the minWarWearinessForPeace value in exerelin_config.json.
(The chance of a ceasefire roll succeeding also depends on the sum of the two factions' war weariness compared with the warWearinessDivisor and its level modifiers, but 250k should guarantee it on anything resembling default settings)

- However, a faction will not offer a ceasefire to anyone the first faction is currently sending invasion fleets to.

- In any case, one faction launching five invasion events at once should be functionally impossible under default settings. It suggests something seriously wrong with the settings or the state of the game.
If you upload the save somewhere I can try to see what's causing the problem.

I'm not sure of the specifics that would cause this particular issue so not 100% certain here, but it's very likely my fault due to an oversight with my NEX config and will be fixed for my next release (which will hopefully be pretty soon I have had a lot of time to work on it but the work list has been huge this time). I believe it's because I have duplicate JSONs for vanilla files in Archean Order's exerelinFactionConfig directory. The intent there is to make sure the starting fleets include Archean Order ships within the faction starting fleets (since the balance is different and this will be a requirement for the mod merging changes coming with the next update) and I have implemented custom themed and uniquely armed stations so I added them with a weight of 10000 iirc to preserve the TC experience in the mod when running alongside Nex.

Since I think I copied those files from Nex to use as examples, I forgot to delete the things I didn't need and so I think a lot of values were being merged and duplicated when running the two mods together. I hadn't accounted for that and didn't catch it while testing. I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: April 15, 2020, 01:27:19 AM »

No big deal if you can't dig into this for a bit, but, is there something specific you do with Eventide in this mod?

I am getting:

Spoiler
[close]

-When adding a custom battlestation (seen in the image) to that market using the econ JSON files- including an override in the mod_info replace array for that entire system.

As a further attempt to solve it myself, I added:

Code
package archeus.campaign.world.systems.samarra;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorEntityToken;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI;

public class SetEventideStationForNexTCStart {

public void set(SectorAPI sector) {
        StarSystemAPI system = sector.getStarSystem("samarra");

if (system == null) {
            return;
        }

SectorEntityToken eventide = system.getEntityById("eventide");

if (eventide == null) {
            return;
        }

if (eventide.getMarket().hasIndustry("battlestation_high")) {
            eventide.getMarket().removeIndustry("battlestation_high", null, false); (Do I need the second parameter here? I'm not even sure how I would get that.)
            eventide.getMarket().reapplyIndustries();
        }
    }
}

With this implementing it:

Code
    @Override
    public void onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad() {
        SectorAPI sector = Global.getSector();
        if (!sector.hasScript(CheckCommissionForPortraitLocks.class)) {
            sector.addScript(new CheckCommissionForPortraitLocks());
        }
        boolean haveNexerelin = Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("nexerelin");
        StarSystemAPI systemGalatia = sector.getStarSystem("galatia");
        StarSystemAPI systemSamarra = sector.getStarSystem("samarra");

// Check and see if nex is enabled and random core worlds has not been selected.
        // If so, manually add the guard script that eventually makes Eldrus a market in the economy. (After 40 in game days)
        // This prevents duplicate scripts from being added by this code if nex is not enabled.
        if (haveNexerelin) {
            if (systemGalatia != null) {
                new SetEldrusAsMarket().set(sector);
            }
            if (systemSamarra != null) {
                new SetEventideStationForNexTCStart().set(sector);
            }
        }
    }

This doesn't seem to work. That station also doesn't seem to affect the industry number either. Just wanted to alert you in case it was a bug. If intended, no worries!

*EDIT* Typos
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:46:46 AM by Morrokain »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3026 on: April 15, 2020, 03:44:53 AM »

I do add some industries and such to vanilla markets, including the Eventide battlestation. See here (called from onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad).

I should probably make that method not be called if Archean Order is running; for now, you can remove the industry in onNewGameAfterTimePass or such.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 15, 2020, 04:16:08 AM »

I do add some industries and such to vanilla markets, including the Eventide battlestation. See here (called from onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad).

I should probably make that method not be called if Archean Order is running; for now, you can remove the industry in onNewGameAfterTimePass or such.

Thanks for the help, I'll look into that implementation as a solution for the TC version of the mod. Don't prioritize not calling that method unless it's easy to fix. I'm low priority when considering mod-merging (I really appreciate the gesture, though!) and I can now hopefully account for this on my end. The eventual and separate all-mod-friendly version (essentially a ship/weapon pack) won't edit industries and this won't be a factor.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 15, 2020, 07:35:17 AM »

There's a possibility to keep 3 agents even after respeccing with console commands if you take the skill, whereas all other skills get their behaviors set back to normal upon respeccing. Just something to consider.

Davatron77

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: April 18, 2020, 04:16:48 PM »

I've tweaked the settings to force a new colonization mission every day and  that works until they just decide not to colonize anymore

Is there any way to make them send expeditions again?
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 396