Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3043565 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6c "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-03-28)
« Reply #3000 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:03 AM »

Might want to preclude Raids etc from targeting outposts...thematically theres really nothing there to raid...plus, it makes you babysit outposts worse then colonies.
It's not readily fixable on my end, but it'll go away next Starsector version.
In the meantime, the raid should only happen once and shouldn't do any damage that matters.

Hello, sorry but an answer probably escaped my attention: is update from "corporate warfare" save breaking? thank you
All Nex updates are compatible with the immediately prior versions unless otherwise stated :)

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: April 03, 2020, 03:24:54 AM »

You missed my comment D:

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3002 on: April 03, 2020, 05:36:35 PM »

You missed my comment D:
Ah, oops, sorry!

Ships automatically appear in Prism if:
- Their faction appears in data/config/prism/prism_factions_whitelist.csv, and
- They have a high enough FP value in ship_data.csv (5/10/14/20 for frigates/destroyers/cruisers/capitals)

You can also add a ship as a purchasable "boss" ship, in prism_boss_ships.csv in the same folder.

minusthedrifter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: April 03, 2020, 07:34:57 PM »

I could add a switch to quiet diplomacy events when the player isn't involved in that stuff (doesn't have own faction and isn't commissioned with anyone), and/or filter out the ones not affecting player/commissioner faction, at least.
Making these messages require comm relay access would be worse I think, they'd just contribute to (and get lost in) the usual flood of messages when re-entering comm relay range...

Anything would be nice honestly. Once one adds in a few modded factions it's basically a never ending screeching of notifications as you get pinged for every tiny detail. Feels like anytime someone sneezes in the Core Worlds I get a notification and that sound is like nails on a chalkboard.

Alternatively too, might add a toggle somewhere in the config that lets the end user just toggle themselves as well. Then if someone doesn't want those notifications, even if they have a faction, they can just quiet them. Or if someone is keen to know every detail when unassociated they can likewise toggle.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: April 03, 2020, 10:11:14 PM »

You missed my comment D:
Ah, oops, sorry!

Ships automatically appear in Prism if:
- Their faction appears in data/config/prism/prism_factions_whitelist.csv, and
- They have a high enough FP value in ship_data.csv (5/10/14/20 for frigates/destroyers/cruisers/capitals)

You can also add a ship as a purchasable "boss" ship, in prism_boss_ships.csv in the same folder.

When I open boss.csv it has this 2 strings
id,faction,ibbNum,stage
# intentionally left blank,,,

Can you show me the example of how do I add new ship here?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3005 on: April 04, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »

<hull ID>
<this is the mod or faction ID that needs to be present in the game for the IBB to load, but if the file is in the same mod as the ship, you can leave this blank>
<leave blank, since this isn't an IBB>
<likewise>

Also how old is your copy of Nexerelin? The current version of the file has an extra column, and comments on what each column does.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: April 05, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »

<hull ID>
<this is the mod or faction ID that needs to be present in the game for the IBB to load, but if the file is in the same mod as the ship, you can leave this blank>
<leave blank, since this isn't an IBB>
<likewise>

Also how old is your copy of Nexerelin? The current version of the file has an extra column, and comments on what each column does.

It says 0.9.5h. Ty for answer!
One more question how do I find hull ID? :D
Ye Imma so annoying guy.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: April 06, 2020, 07:50:16 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is the mod I should be replying too.

If you build one of the storage stations (Outpost) (2,500/mo upkeep stocks with supplies and fuel) it pays the player faction a storage fee for stuff you store there, the player pays nothing but if the storage fee would have payed more then 2,500 the station actually makes you money.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: April 06, 2020, 10:48:43 AM »

This will seem like a very obscure question, but it is really important for soemthing i'm trying.

\data\string\strings.json has this as line 416-418

"dialogOption_action":"Action type: $action";
      "dialogOption_faction":"Faction: $faction";
      "dialogOption_target":"Target: $target";

the ; at the end is not standard Json markings  (its a , everywhere else) Is this a mistake, or are ; interpreted differently by the json reader of starsector?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3009 on: April 07, 2020, 01:51:32 AM »

One more question how do I find hull ID? :D
Ye Imma so annoying guy.
Look in /data/hulls/ (in starsector-core and/or mod folder(s))
You can just read the filenames, or check ship_data.csv in that folder.

This will seem like a very obscure question, but it is really important for soemthing i'm trying.

\data\string\strings.json has this as line 416-418

"dialogOption_action":"Action type: $action";
      "dialogOption_faction":"Faction: $faction";
      "dialogOption_target":"Target: $target";

the ; at the end is not standard Json markings  (its a , everywhere else) Is this a mistake, or are ; interpreted differently by the json reader of starsector?
Starsector's JSON parser indeed accepts the non-standard ';', which seems to be treated as a comma in this case.
I didn't intend to use them though, those lines are a (harmless) typo on my part.

I'm pretty sure this is the mod I should be replying too.

If you build one of the storage stations (Outpost) (2,500/mo upkeep stocks with supplies and fuel) it pays the player faction a storage fee for stuff you store there, the player pays nothing but if the storage fee would have payed more then 2,500 the station actually makes you money.
Just tested it, outpost storage doesn't charge or pay the player anything (and the income report reflects this). Are you seeing something different?
(I panicked when I saw my money went up, but I checked the report and it was from the Galatian stipend)

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:02 AM »

I can also tell that outpost give me money, but as you could see imma bit outdated. Perhaps that guy too.
Ty for answers.

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: April 07, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »

I heard we can order a ship to buy but for a double price, the thing is I couldn't find how, any help?

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: April 07, 2020, 01:39:27 PM »

I heard we can order a ship to buy but for a double price, the thing is I couldn't find how, any help?

You need to hire agent, travel them to preferably a military market of another faction, then initiate a mission with them. Scroll down to Procure Ship, and then you will be asked to pick a ship.  Its indeed twice or more the cost....1.2 million + for battleships and other high grades and has a high chance of failure. For example, my level 3 agent has a 55% chance of success on stealing one of those reparations society battlecruisers, for a cost of 800k....Takes 36 days to complete.

Histidine:  It would be interesting if this mechanic could be expanded to weapons, wherein you would chose weapons on the same kinda screen, with the failure rate and price going up with the value you have selected.   Could possibly even expand this into diplomatically acquired resources coming in to your colonies on supply fleets..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:51:46 PM by grinningsphinx »

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: April 07, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »

Is there a setting in Nexerelin wherein i can tone down the interval between Luddic path sleepers cells and Pirate activity?  I dont care about invasions, but the whack-a-mole to hunt these things down is ....yeah, killing my desire to keep playing. The problem multiplies when you have lots of factions and more then 3 markets under control, and with Boggle's terraforming mod that counts siphon stations etc etc as markets its literally all i spend most of my play time doing(hunting down all those bases).

Also, and a side note...dismissed agents notification staying on the agents screen apparently forever...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:56:55 PM by grinningsphinx »

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: April 07, 2020, 02:09:53 PM »

I am Vary confused I did see it, but I just made another outpost in the same game so same parameters and stuffed a tons of ships and items into storage and waited a month and got the correct result. I did not colonies when I saw the outpost paying me for storage so perhaps something changes behind the scenes when you make a colony? I'll do some testing Friday to try to reproduce the bug when i have time.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 399