Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013483 times)

BlackJack55

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6b
« Reply #2970 on: March 17, 2020, 12:13:47 PM »

Thanks for the great mod!

I've tried the beta for a bit (so far the upcoming features look great), I however encontered an not closer specified error when a rebellion succeeds.
Spoiler
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  - Updating rebellion on Jangala: day 26
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Stability: 0.0
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Initial force strengths: 2.3854227, 6383.7695
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Government engagement strength: 1.7267506
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Rebel engagement strength: 84.96049
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Updated force strengths: -10.229145, 6389.8823
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Conflict intensity: 801.5637
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Rebel trade rep: 0.2
[Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.SectorManager  - Faction Luddic Church has 9 markets left
[Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.graphics.A.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.A.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.floatsuper.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.ooOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.super.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
happens again and again, i use the following mods in my save:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "Boggled AI Core Production",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "automatic-orders",
  "timid_admins",
  "Boggled Terraforming",
  "chatter",
  "lw_console",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "deconomics",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "missingships",
  "More Officer Skills",
  "nexerelin",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "Boggled Station Construction",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "vayrasector",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]
rebellions that do not succeed work fine, no crashes involved

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6b "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-02-25)
« Reply #2971 on: March 18, 2020, 02:29:24 AM »

I've marked v0.9.6b as the "official" version. No change to the mod has been made, this just lets Version Checker tell people to get the new version.
(v0.9.6c won't be coming out for some time, as I have some requested features to implement first)

Found another bug. The officer deaths system is amazing. Playing with permadeath (including yourself) makes everything a lot more tense...and frustrating when you lose a multi-day game because of a mistake.

However the system does not work in battles with IBB bounty fleets that are found in Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5. If your officers die in those battles, the after action report makes no mention of it (essentially a vanilla report is produced) and the officers are still alive afterwards. The system works in every non-IBB battle.
Yeah, there's a bit of a limitation in this regard because both mods (and Ruthless Sector too) modify the fleet interaction dialog plugin for their respective purposes, so incompatibilities can occur.
I'll try to port the needed SWP behaviour (IBB guaranteed drop) to Nexerelin, then all the features should work once the aforementioned three mods are updated. Although I can't guarantee it'll stay fixed.

Thanks for the great mod!

I've tried the beta for a bit (so far the upcoming features look great), I however encontered an not closer specified error when a rebellion succeeds.
[...]
rebellions that do not succeed work fine, no crashes involved
:ok_hand:
Your issue looks like the crash from ambassadors in Industrial Evolution. Version 1.4b of that mod should fix it.

Im sure youve had these questions a million times but
 is there any way i can modify the frequency of pirate base construction?
is there any way to make it so that i do not lose relations with a faction after they fail to invade me?
also what is a good rule of thumb for spawning invasion/base strike fleets? eg if the base has 600 defence do i want a 601 point fleet or a 1000 point fleet?
one last thing is there anyway to figure out what planet rare commodities like lobster start on in a totally random game start?
(The first two are vanilla features)

- I think you may be able to make pirate bases less frequent by changing certain values in [starsector-core]/data/config/settings.json ("minPirateBases" and "maxPirateBases")

- The reputation loss from defeating expeditions is hardcoded, but Nexerelin has a setting to remove expeditions completely (exerelin_config.json -> "enablePunitiveExpeditions").

- On fleet request strength: Not really sure, but I find if your ships are high-quality (no D-mods) and have decent officers the strength estimates are positive even with equal or lower fleet point numbers.

- You can check the commodity info screen on a market to see where most commodities are being produced/consumed, but non-standard things like lobsters are AFAIK hidden. Sorry!

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: March 19, 2020, 10:31:03 AM »

How come prisoners are treated as commodity items instead of people? They don't use personnel slots and you can just YEET them into space inside cargo pods instead of cryo pods.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:15:02 PM by Kh0rnet »

Maersk Aerospace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: March 19, 2020, 11:22:13 PM »

Hi, I'm experiencing what I believe to be a Nexerelin bug.

I sent an agent to one of my colonies, and queued a Luddic Path infiltration mission. Once she was there, I canceled the infiltration, assigned her to find a Pirate base, then requeued the infiltration. The Pirate base finished, and the cell infiltration was underway. I don't know if the cell infiltration actually finished, I wasn't watching, but when I look in my intel screen, she appears to have no task. When I click on her portrait, I get a crash with this log message:
Spoiler
Code
623711 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.CovertActionIntel.addLastMessagePara(CovertActionIntel.java:667)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.agents.AgentIntel.createSmallDescription(AgentIntel.java:386)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.return.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
I have a lot of mods but I can assemble a list if it would be helpful.

A quick update: After waiting for a bit, the infiltration mission finished and my agent is selectable again.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:31:09 PM by Maersk Aerospace »

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: March 20, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »

Really enjoy the new version.

I'm glad to see the rebellion event come back in this way. Since i try it yesterday, the event always confused me, in both my faction and others, so i just want to ask if it is possible to add words in Intel to describe the strength of rebellion, may similar to the describtion of invasion force such as "the invasion's space forces are evenly matched "? :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:27:50 PM by FAX »

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: March 21, 2020, 01:00:25 PM »

Random sector oddity

Spoiler
[close]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2976 on: March 21, 2020, 08:55:08 PM »

Welp, that's something to fix... there we go.

How come prisoners are treated as commodity items instead of people? They don't use personnel slots and you can just YEET them into space inside cargo pods instead of cryo pods.
There hasn't been a good way to make them be treated like crew are. I'll be asking Alex if there's a way to do it now (or next Starsector version) though.

Hi, I'm experiencing what I believe to be a Nexerelin bug.

I sent an agent to one of my colonies, and queued a Luddic Path infiltration mission. Once she was there, I canceled the infiltration, assigned her to find a Pirate base, then requeued the infiltration. The Pirate base finished, and the cell infiltration was underway. I don't know if the cell infiltration actually finished, I wasn't watching, but when I look in my intel screen, she appears to have no task. When I click on her portrait, I get a crash with this log message:
[...]
A quick update: After waiting for a bit, the infiltration mission finished and my agent is selectable again.
Thanks! This came up a while ago and is fixed for next version.
(It breaks when trying to display the agent's previous action)

Since i try it yesterday, the event always confused me, in both my faction and others, so i just want to ask if it is possible to add words in Intel to describe the strength of rebellion, may similar to the describtion of invasion force such as "the invasion's space forces are evenly matched "? :)
You can get a strength estimate by placing one or more agents on the planet involved (when the sum of agent levels is 3 or more, the colors of the "? ? ?" text will indicate if one side is stronger; at level 5 you can see the actual numbers).
If people find this mechanic annoying I may remove it though.

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: March 21, 2020, 11:13:36 PM »

You can get a strength estimate by placing one or more agents on the planet involved (when the sum of agent levels is 3 or more, the colors of the "? ? ?" text will indicate if one side is stronger; at level 5 you can see the actual numbers).
If people find this mechanic annoying I may remove it though.

That's cool, I never try to place an agent to the planet that breaks rebellion, thank you for your help!

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: March 23, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »

The invasion notification sound is too loud imo. It legit scared me even though my laptop was at 30% volume.

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: March 23, 2020, 10:53:09 AM »

Anyway to add a summary page of how many markets each faction has. Both the total market and combined market size. I know you can view each secretly.

Also, anyway to show your current alignment status with the markets in the system. Meaning, if you are in hyperspace and you click on a star, it shows the factions in the star color coded by faction. I'd like to add "friendly, neutral, suspicions, hostile. Otherwise you need to first go look at the faction screen to remember if you're hostile or not.

Thanks.,

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: March 24, 2020, 07:08:29 AM »

I suggest an option that turns off/delays colony expeditions until the player gets a colony of its own. The "on" trigger should be the same as the player faction naming dialog that pops up when you first invade/colonize a planet. We do have the advert option but it costs quite a lot when you don't have a stable colony/commission of your own. This should make non-optimal playstyles a better experience.

ROFLtheWAFL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: March 26, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »

So invasion fleets now defend the market they invaded. However, if the invasion fleets move to engage a hostile, you can sneak in and flip the market back to the previous owner. If the invasion fleets deal with whatever was occupying them, they will now orbit and defend the market, even though it no longer belongs to their faction, and in fact, belongs to a hostile faction. They won't attack the station present, letting it repair.

Not sure if this is a bug per se, but I don't think that's intended behavior.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:37:55 AM by ROFLtheWAFL »

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: March 26, 2020, 08:08:43 PM »

Who are these communist guys and why can they throw 10 fleets of capitals at me?

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: March 26, 2020, 09:42:36 PM »

Trying to the lost empire these days, funny design i think, but there are some problems IMHO.

Im really confused since I attacked a heavy industry belongs to derelict then got the blueprint of guardian, have to say it is really strange thing that derelict owns such an op ship between their junks,  is this a bug?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:34:58 AM by FAX »

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: March 27, 2020, 03:57:24 AM »

Hey, so, if there is a rebellion and you support the rebellion side by selling to the black market with your transponder on, once they take over the colony, you get a reputation penalty with them for selling stuff on the black market right after they capture said market.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 396