Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013434 times)

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2955 on: March 03, 2020, 01:28:56 AM »

Hi again! Mb it a little bit offtop but ...
I saw somewhere and can't remember now that there is a option in files or mod that makes pirate bases and LP bases not respawn if they lost all their planets. Can someone help me?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2956 on: March 05, 2020, 03:25:40 AM »

I saw somewhere and can't remember now that there is a option in files or mod that makes pirate bases and LP bases not respawn if they lost all their planets. Can someone help me?
That feature is from Vayra's Sector

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: March 05, 2020, 05:01:17 AM »

It is also in Archean Order , when you set up a Game .

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: March 05, 2020, 08:57:48 AM »

That feature is from Vayra's Sector

ty!

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: March 07, 2020, 10:39:58 AM »

Man, this is a great game and mod  :)

I have a few questions,

How does one pay off fleets so they don’t attack you?
Can one ask for peace/ceasefire?
Can I declare war so my allies vote to start?

Thanks

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: March 07, 2020, 10:56:02 AM »

Man, this is a great game and mod  :)

I have a few questions,

How does one pay off fleets so they don’t attack you?
Can one ask for peace/ceasefire?
Can I declare war so my allies vote to start?

Thanks
Vengeance fleets can not be bribed, they'll chase you no matter what.  Your best bet if you can't defeat them is either juke them with transverse jump or by entering a system and exiting from a different jump point or lead them into a system owned by a faction hostile to them (they won't try to avoid it).
 Invasion fleets also can't be bribed, you're best bet of stopping one if you can't defeat it is raise your relations with the faction before they reach your colony or invade the planet from which they will be launched before they appear. Only AI inspections, saturation bombardment fleets (if you built a colony in another faction's territory) and expedition fleets can be bribed in the intel screen.

To make peace you simply need to raise your relations with the faction you're hostile to either via missions, AI core bribes, prisoner exchange or agents. You, the player, cannot ask for a ceasefire. However if a faction's war weariness goes too high from fighting enemies (go to intel, dipl.profile, search for the faction you want info on and you should see their war weariness, their alignment (which determines if they'd be willing to go on an alliance with you and their traits that increase/decrease their relations with you depending on circumstances (AI usage, owning more markets than them, having a free port... etc) ).
 When a faction's war weariness gets too high they will eventually offer their enemies (including you) a ceasefire which you can accept or reject (note: if you're in an alliance and the other factions that are with you refuse to make peace then only yours won't be hostile to them while the other will still wage war on them)

And finally if you're in an alliance then simply lowering your relations with whatever faction you want to be at war with will start a vote once you become hostile with them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:00:27 AM by Cyber Von Cyberus »
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: March 07, 2020, 09:17:08 PM »

My problem is what i cannot add new factions anymore because of new markets they adding, game just crush on save attempt, so i really don't like what factions in Nerexelin create new colones from time to time, i am afraid one day this can corrupt my entire playrun because i  be not able to save my game at some point after another random established colony. Thats also the reason why i avoid building commerce on my own colonies. Is it possible to make expeditions toggleable?

Aranov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: March 09, 2020, 07:07:34 AM »

Hi, First of all, Great Mod! It's absolutely essential for me.

But I do have a few minor suggestions, if possible.
One, could we have a setting for capping invasion fleet numbers? Feels abit unfair that the NPCs can send 6 full strength fleets, at no supply, fuel or crew costs, with 0-1 D-mods.

Two, A sanity check for faction respawns if set to unlimited. An example from my current game: I wiped out Legio Infernis from Tahlan Shipworks, They they send a repawn fleet. OK.
But, since they are the only destroyed faction, when it's time to check for another respawn, it defaults to LI again. While the first one is still going? See what I'm talking about?

Three, Correct me if I'm wrong, but Autonomous worlds can't build things? Could this be changed? I'd gladly take the money hit, but I need refueling outposts, military outposts, harvesting worlds and shipyards. And again, feels unfair the NPCs don't have to deal with finding or capping out on Admins. Or that Admins can't level up.

I'm also having an issue with the Legio respawn fleets, where combat doesn't end, but that's likely another mod.

Thank you again.

furl

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: March 10, 2020, 12:50:54 AM »

A quick question - can I demand tribute from other factions for having colonies in a star system where I also have colonies? Can I somehow claim a certain system and call it mine?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2964 on: March 10, 2020, 04:43:26 AM »

My problem is what i cannot add new factions anymore because of new markets they adding, game just crush on save attempt, so i really don't like what factions in Nerexelin create new colones from time to time, i am afraid one day this can corrupt my entire playrun because i  be not able to save my game at some point after another random established colony. Thats also the reason why i avoid building commerce on my own colonies. Is it possible to make expeditions toggleable?
You can suppress colony expeditions by editing /mods/Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json; set colonyExpeditionInterval to 999999

A quick question - can I demand tribute from other factions for having colonies in a star system where I also have colonies? Can I somehow claim a certain system and call it mine?
You can't collect tribute from others, no.

Hi, First of all, Great Mod! It's absolutely essential for me.

But I do have a few minor suggestions, if possible.
One, could we have a setting for capping invasion fleet numbers? Feels abit unfair that the NPCs can send 6 full strength fleets, at no supply, fuel or crew costs, with 0-1 D-mods.

Two, A sanity check for faction respawns if set to unlimited. An example from my current game: I wiped out Legio Infernis from Tahlan Shipworks, They they send a repawn fleet. OK.
But, since they are the only destroyed faction, when it's time to check for another respawn, it defaults to LI again. While the first one is still going? See what I'm talking about?

Three, Correct me if I'm wrong, but Autonomous worlds can't build things? Could this be changed? I'd gladly take the money hit, but I need refueling outposts, military outposts, harvesting worlds and shipyards. And again, feels unfair the NPCs don't have to deal with finding or capping out on Admins. Or that Admins can't level up.

I'm also having an issue with the Legio respawn fleets, where combat doesn't end, but that's likely another mod.

Thank you again.
Hi!

1) You can open /mods/Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json and search (Ctrl+F) for "invasion", there are some values you can tweak to make invasions less frequent and/or smaller.

2) Yeah, guess I should add a per-faction cooldown to faction respawn events.

3) Hmm, I can't fix that directly, but I could add a system where you can temporarily revoke autonomy (with no penalty) until exiting the dialog, so you can set up stuff then.
For now, as a workaround you can enable devmode in the Console Commands mod and that gives you control over the colony you're docked at (this works on other factions' stuff too). Remember to turn off devmode before you leave though!

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: March 10, 2020, 11:02:37 AM »

Hey Histidine, does Nexelerin change the post battle recovery of enemy ships at all? I feel like recovery odds are down but this could just be small sample size/confirmation bias and wanted to check.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: March 10, 2020, 11:35:29 AM »

3) Hmm, I can't fix that directly, but I could add a system where you can temporarily revoke autonomy (with no penalty) until exiting the dialog, so you can set up stuff then.

I was just about to suggest a "sponsorship" mechanic for your autonomous colonies, but you said everything already.

I hope we can see sometime in the future, along with the ability to set an admin of our choosing on autonomous colonies. (as i mentioned before)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2967 on: March 13, 2020, 04:41:37 AM »

Hey Histidine, does Nexelerin change the post battle recovery of enemy ships at all? I feel like recovery odds are down but this could just be small sample size/confirmation bias and wanted to check.
It makes no attempt to and shouldn't change recovery.

I was just about to suggest a "sponsorship" mechanic for your autonomous colonies, but you said everything already.

I hope we can see sometime in the future, along with the ability to set an admin of our choosing on autonomous colonies. (as i mentioned before)
Yeah, assigning an admin to autonomous colonies will go in once I find the time to work on it.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: March 15, 2020, 12:47:00 AM »

Found another bug. The officer deaths system is amazing. Playing with permadeath (including yourself) makes everything a lot more tense...and frustrating when you lose a multi-day game because of a mistake.

However the system does not work in battles with IBB bounty fleets that are found in Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5. If your officers die in those battles, the after action report makes no mention of it (essentially a vanilla report is produced) and the officers are still alive afterwards. The system works in every non-IBB battle.

I've gotten around it for now by dismissing any officer whose ship dies (if my ship gets destroyed I delete the save).

baboracus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: March 17, 2020, 09:05:08 AM »

Im sure youve had these questions a million times but
 is there any way i can modify the frequency of pirate base construction?
is there any way to make it so that i do not lose relations with a faction after they fail to invade me?
also what is a good rule of thumb for spawning invasion/base strike fleets? eg if the base has 600 defence do i want a 601 point fleet or a 1000 point fleet?
one last thing is there anyway to figure out what planet rare commodities like lobster start on in a totally random game start?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 09:12:28 AM by baboracus »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 396