Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014791 times)

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2940 on: February 26, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »

Are you unchecking the "important" button (the (!)) on the intel? Important intel items hang around forever in the current version of Starsector.

Yes I've unchecked both and played on for an ingame year after that.

SkyDragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: February 27, 2020, 05:38:03 AM »

Excuse me, any tips for colonization? I find myself with stability 0 before I have Military Base+Ground Defenses+Heavy Industry, that makes fleets useless and I get raided by pirates every 17 Days by huge fleets full of atlas...

Any tips?

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: February 27, 2020, 07:29:07 AM »

Make all hostile Factions your Friends via the Agent Mission "Raise Reputation" ; at least till level "Welcoming".

Don`t make Freeports , don`t use Ai Cores.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: February 27, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »

^ This plus keep in mind that you don't have to build heavy industry first.  You can, at a minor cost, just import all the stuff you need to maintain your battlestations, patrol stations and - as a last resort - ground batteries.  So just build your defenses first and only worry about feeding them yourself second.

One thing that I've noticed when doing system defense is that one planet with a military HQ or better (level 2 and 3, which does take an industry slot, so use sparringly) is a lot more effective that just spamming little structure-slot system patrol stations everywhere (level 1).  Which is to say that rather than sending out a dozen lag-inducing shrimp patrols that just get crewed up and spit out, you'll more likely end up with just one big doomstack that can actually kick some serious butt for you while you're out of town.

I've never seen a pirate raid get past a battlestation, no matter how big their armada.  Though that is going to set you back 750,000cr... still, even your basic level 1 station is better for stopping pirate raids than ground defenses, in my experience.  In fact, with enough starbases and large patrols then you won't even need ground batteries at all because no one will be able to land troops in the first place.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: February 27, 2020, 05:45:58 PM »

In fact, with enough starbases and large patrols then you won't even need ground batteries at all because no one will be able to land troops in the first place.

Just wanted to add that, with that said, you'll still want heavy batteries regardless of anything because they provide stability.

SkyDragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: February 27, 2020, 07:39:28 PM »

Make all hostile Factions your Friends via the Agent Mission "Raise Reputation" ; at least till level "Welcoming".

Don`t make Freeports , don`t use Ai Cores.

Thanks! Really useful. I thought "hey this will work, finally"...

Then the luddic church stole the planet I wanted... And I didn't see the alliance with the hegemony... Sooo there's a bit of war but...

But at least pirates are not annoying me every 17 days and raids are every 60 :D

Btw this mod is awesome, so much work put in this, awesome!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: February 28, 2020, 11:48:53 PM »

Got this error a moment ago:

Spoiler
484597 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.graphics.A.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.floatsuper.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.ooOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.super.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

At first i ignored it because i couldn't figure out where i got it, but then i started getting it frequently and roughly at a similar point. I think what is going on is that a faction is making peace with me and the alert pop up is what's causing this. I have yet to confirm if this is true thought.

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: February 29, 2020, 07:33:44 AM »

I think you should post this error here : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: February 29, 2020, 07:45:54 AM »

After invading Donn (from the pirates) and handing it over to Tri-Tachyon, the planet remains in my colony list and produces are stored there every month.
Custom ship productions were also routed there. I do not recall having bought storage space there.
After taking all items out of the storage, Donn was removed from the colony tab.

Tri-Tachyon is cooperative, without any alliance.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:55:27 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2949 on: February 29, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »

Are you unchecking the "important" button (the (!)) on the intel? Important intel items hang around forever in the current version of Starsector.

Yes I've unchecked both and played on for an ingame year after that.
Hmm, right, I see the problem now. The issue exists in vanilla, too; reported here.

Got this error a moment ago:

Spoiler
484597 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.floatsuper.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.ooOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.super.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

At first i ignored it because i couldn't figure out where i got it, but then i started getting it frequently and roughly at a similar point. I think what is going on is that a faction is making peace with me and the alert pop up is what's causing this. I have yet to confirm if this is true thought.
Hmm, does it happen anytime a fleet tooltip or similar thing is generated (when mousing over a fleet, or looking at the faction doctrine screen where it generates a sample heavy patrol, or named bounty intel screen, etc.)?

After invading Donn (from the pirates) and handing it over to Tri-Tachyon, the planet remains in my colony list and produces are stored there every month.
Custom ship productions were also routed there. I do not recall having bought storage space there.
After taking all items out of the storage, Donn was removed from the colony tab.

Tri-Tachyon is cooperative, without any alliance.
- In Nexerelin 0.9.5 you'll have to reassign your colony gathering point after giving away or losing the target colony. This has been fixed in 0.9.6.
- Yeah, places (but not abandoned stations) where you have storage in use are also shown in colony screen. This is a vanilla feature, presumably to make it easier to find stuff.
(and storage is unlocked for free on all player planets IIRC)

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: February 29, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »

Hmm, does it happen anytime a fleet tooltip or similar thing is generated (when mousing over a fleet, or looking at the faction doctrine screen where it generates a sample heavy patrol, or named bounty intel screen, etc.)?

Actually, i tried to do this with the "ceasefireNotificationPopup" set on false to see if i it was that one pop up, but it happened again regardless, so now i'm not sure it's nex, but i'm also not sure what's causing it.

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 01, 2020, 12:44:56 PM »

Is it possible for blueprints from other mods to appear in the bp trade option from Prism Station, or is that only going to rotate vanilla prints in and out?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 01, 2020, 12:53:42 PM »

Is it possible for blueprints from other mods to appear in the bp trade option from Prism Station, or is that only going to rotate vanilla prints in and out?

It is possible for other BPs to appear in prism spaceport, for example, you can find some ships from Ship and Weapon Pack available there.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 02, 2020, 12:48:14 AM »

Starting a new run with modded factions, does anything specific need to be done for them to also spawn special forces fleets or do they revert to a default type (or not at all)?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 02, 2020, 03:55:55 AM »

The SF fleets will spawn with some default settings if the faction doesn't configure them.
(They may take a while to appear depending on the faction's economy though)
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 396