Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012870 times)

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2910 on: February 21, 2020, 06:57:21 AM »

What file dictates starting ships? More specifically, what if I wish to change what ship I start with in place of the Pathfinder for instance in case I want something that isn't a cap that other starts do not include?

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: February 21, 2020, 07:06:50 AM »

In my game i have lots of rebellion ongoing in the Core Worlds, never had this before.
And i say it again , when Faction A announce to invade a Planet from Faction B , normally Faction B would get some sort
of Special Fleet , but not now.
Also there were 2 or more special events , where colonies were completly wiped out , i don`t know why.

With my playtime in other games i allready had found some officers in pods , this time i found two administrators ,
could the increase of that admins level have something to do with that ?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: February 21, 2020, 11:00:05 AM »

What file dictates starting ships? More specifically, what if I wish to change what ship I start with in place of the Pathfinder for instance in case I want something that isn't a cap that other starts do not include?
\mods\Nexerelin\data\config\exerelinFactionConfig\player.json

I strongly recommend making a backup of the original, in case you mess something up.

Take note that what's listed in that file are variant file names (but w/o the .variant extension, of course).

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: February 21, 2020, 11:24:13 AM »

Thanks.

Though something seems off with that file: some of it's data is not consistent with the starting ship options in game and is even missing a few of them. Explorer (Large) is missing options 2 and 3 and has an Alastor as one of the solo frigate starts, yet in game they are the Centurion or Groundhog for instance.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: February 21, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »

can you help with this?

158931 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Mok Morred to Murmur Habitat
159251 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManagerV2  - Trying mining fleet for market Yeg
160601 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - timer expired, spawning siege fleet
160601 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - new siege timer, min: 210.0, max: 279.30002
160601 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - picked Isin to spawn siege fleet
161066 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.pickTarget(LegioSiegeManager.java:175)
   at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.spawnSiegeFleet(LegioSiegeManager.java:101)
   at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.advance(LegioSiegeManager.java:84)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

AllanV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: February 21, 2020, 12:18:43 PM »

Random invasion fleets with dozens of capitals is very annoying. It is doesn't make sense.

Indeed, I did a head count on one such fleet, ran it through a calculator and my agents' intel reports and concluded that the cost of that one fleet was greater than five years GDP of that entire nation.  Yet the game spawns fleets like these every two minutes.

In a more realistic scenario the fleet sizes of nations would be limited by their number of heavy industries, nanoforges and total income.  If you want to get more detailed then factor in things like the availability of ship hulls commodities.  This would make selective targeting of a nations' infrastructure a valid strategy, instead of what we have now - namely, grinding our way through infinite waves of magic fleet spawns.
Exactly this. Agreed with every word. I need to experiment - create invasion fleet and see what it cost to move it from system to system with occasional fights.

@Hisitdine
Is it possible to edit outpost settings? I want remove supplies and fuel generation.
Also did invasion points generation depends on ships types or it is generic? Its 24000 for Hegemony fleet with 30 battleships and 24000 for TT with 30 wolves?
Thanks.

Is this being considered? If it is, can we also have an option to sell ships to an up and coming invasion fleet? You know like the trade missions where we deliver supplies and goods but this time we deliver slightly-used/pre-loved (read: structurally damaged) Onslaughts at premium prices for more war profiteering enjoyment?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: February 21, 2020, 09:56:53 PM »

can you help with this?

158931 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Mok Morred to Murmur Habitat
159251 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManagerV2  - Trying mining fleet for market Yeg
160601 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - timer expired, spawning siege fleet
160601 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - new siege timer, min: 210.0, max: 279.30002
160601 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager  - picked Isin to spawn siege fleet
161066 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.pickTarget(LegioSiegeManager.java:175)
   at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.spawnSiegeFleet(LegioSiegeManager.java:101)
   at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.advance(LegioSiegeManager.java:84)

Maybe ask that in Tahlans thread, not a mods that isnt mentioned anywhere in that log.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2917 on: February 21, 2020, 10:06:12 PM »

In my game i have lots of rebellion ongoing in the Core Worlds, never had this before.
Rebellions are new in 0.9.6, yeah. They always happen after a successful invasion (unless it's a faction retaking a planet that originally belonged to it), and can also happen over time when stability stays low enough for a while.

And i say it again , when Faction A announce to invade a Planet from Faction B , normally Faction B would get some sort
of Special Fleet , but not now.
Not sure what you mean by "special fleet".
Defense fleets in response to invasions will silently* spawn if brawl mode is enabled in config.
The new special task groups may also appear during an invasion or raid, although whether they'll show up depends on several factors (they need to exist in the first place, then the target needs to be more important than anything else they might be doing right now, then they need to get there in time...)

*there's a bug in the zipped version that makes them non-silent, but the hotfix .jar fixes this

Also there were 2 or more special events , where colonies were completly wiped out , i don`t know why.
Colonies can decivilize (vanilla feature) if they're at zero stability for long enough, that may have been what happened.
Also if a faction decides to saturation bomb a colony and it's size 4 or smaller, it'll be instantly destroyed.

Is this being considered? If it is, can we also have an option to sell ships to an up and coming invasion fleet? You know like the trade missions where we deliver supplies and goods but this time we deliver slightly-used/pre-loved (read: structurally damaged) Onslaughts at premium prices for more war profiteering enjoyment?
- Invasion spawn frequency and (to an extent) maximum fleet size already depend on the faction's industrial production, as noted in a couple of the recent previous posts.
- Ship procurement missions sound neat :) I'll look at them some time down the road.

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: February 22, 2020, 07:00:59 AM »

Dunno about the zip version bug but when applying the Hotfix jar to the beta branch, the save game seems to stop loading as it says its incompatible or outdated mods, yet without it the save does work fine with the mod updated

I'm practically using all mods and Nex mostly affects faction mods and nothing else besides Vayra yes?

Granted a new save start would be fine but I did found a good Nebula system to colonize, and got lucky for once in having several Terran worlds close to each other, excluding the one at the very fringe of the galaxy

Is the jar file supposed to fix it or is the fix already included and up to date and Im just using an outdated one?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2919 on: February 22, 2020, 07:40:49 AM »

Dunno about the zip version bug but when applying the Hotfix jar to the beta branch, the save game seems to stop loading as it says its incompatible or outdated mods, yet without it the save does work fine with the mod updated

[...]

Is the jar file supposed to fix it or is the fix already included and up to date and Im just using an outdated one?
The .jar gets installed over the beta zip, yeah.
Make sure you've edited the settings.json file as described in this post

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: February 22, 2020, 07:48:20 AM »

I'm practically using all mods and Nex mostly affects faction mods and nothing else besides Vayra yes?

Granted a new save start would be fine but I did found a good Nebula system to colonize, and got lucky for once in having several Terran worlds close to each other, excluding the one at the very fringe of the galaxy

That is weird , as i have done the same and have no problems.

@Histidine : Thank you for the enlightment !!! ;D
Now i see it all clear.
I have a lot of fun. 8)

The Sector is agile and there are so many things going on .

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: February 22, 2020, 08:12:25 AM »

can you help with this?

Maybe ask that in Tahlans thread, not a mods that isnt mentioned anywhere in that log.

Heck I cant read java I just like playing the games! I scratch my creative itch in other areas so I dont know much about modding. Thanks for the heads up I actually though that legio was from imperium lol. Nope.

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: February 22, 2020, 11:25:38 AM »

Say, how do I disable AI colony missions without going into each faction's page and setting their multiplier to zero? That method works but it's kind of easy to mess up when updating versions or adding new modded factions.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: February 22, 2020, 04:57:31 PM »

There is one small highlight i'd like to give about the "Derelict Empire", it is noticeable specially now that the setting for "guaranteed unknown blueprints on raids" is a choice:

Spoiler
If you raid a Derelict Empire's industry enough times you'll start getting two blueprints that i think you are not meant to get at all. One is the Guardian class and the other one is the Derelict Mothership.

I'm afraid to even touch the Derelict Mothership on my menus to avoid oddities with a ship that is meant to be a station, so i don't know what kind of behavior that produces in combat. The Guardian thought, that goes without saying that it is a very powerful ship.

I'm sharing this in case you wanna consider doing something with these blueprints, it's not really a big issue, i get more a kick out of it if anything, but it is something i think it's worth sharing.
[close]

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: February 22, 2020, 10:56:59 PM »

Oh....My bad, I may have overlooked that small part in the adjustment.

Thanks for helping
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 396