Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013416 times)

Smartfolk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2775 on: December 30, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »

I made a video about this mod check it out! https://youtu.be/SDcBpZbs21w

M07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 01, 2020, 06:51:13 AM »

I have a question,

I have two mod about portrait: Another Portrait Pack and Another Portrait Pack -ReWork-. They were both installed before Nexerlin. But the thing is, I can choose any portrait I want when I start a new game, but every faction I encountered have only the default portrait.

What can I do to randomize the portrait in other faction IN nexerelin? Because It worked fine before I install Nexerelin.

It's not really immersive when three people look the same in the same station haha
Nex doesn't touch portraits.

Another Portrait Pack and the ReWork edition both only modify vanilla factions, so make sure you're checking those. Also, if you're running Archean Order, I'd expect that to overwrite the faction files and thus the portrait definitions. Other than that, I can't say what might be going on.

Okay I understand thank you.

I dont have Archean Order, but I've try to check where I can modify in the script and the game crash because I dont know how to write those commands. Do I have to add new data for the mod the faction that I added?

Because in the data it have all the vanilla faction only

But the point I was saying it before I install Nexerelin, all faction have moded portrait and vanilla portrait. Now only vanilla faction have the portrait mod, so do I have to create new data for the new faction? if so, how?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 01, 2020, 07:04:54 AM »

Oh, nice, someone did a video guide. I left some comments on your vid :)

Currently though, I've got a standard playthrough going, tri-tach cooperative and expansion playstyle. I'm running into an annoying bug, a bug as I see it. Hegemony pickets are attacking Skathi. It has a low tech orbital station. When the pickets are engaged in battle, I click on them to join battle, but I keep getting the message that the orbital station is letting them go and I can only leave the dialogue. The pickets then fly around a bit but keep coming back to the station and the station is apparently letting them go each time I try to engage the pickets while they are engaged with the station.
I thought that issue was fixed in Starsector 0.9.1 release, but I checked the changelog and they only "may now pursue". I'll make some suggestions to Alex for properly fixing this later.

I have a question,

I have two mod about portrait: Another Portrait Pack and Another Portrait Pack -ReWork-. They were both installed before Nexerlin. But the thing is, I can choose any portrait I want when I start a new game, but every faction I encountered have only the default portrait.

What can I do to randomize the portrait in other faction IN nexerelin? Because It worked fine before I install Nexerelin.

It's not really immersive when three people look the same in the same station haha
Nex doesn't touch portraits.

Another Portrait Pack and the ReWork edition both only modify vanilla factions, so make sure you're checking those. Also, if you're running Archean Order, I'd expect that to overwrite the faction files and thus the portrait definitions. Other than that, I can't say what might be going on.

Okay I understand thank you.

I dont have Archean Order, but I've try to check where I can modify in the script and the game crash because I dont know how to write those commands. Do I have to add new data for the mod the faction that I added?

Because in the data it have all the vanilla faction only

But the point I was saying it before I install Nexerelin, all faction have moded portrait and vanilla portrait. Now only vanilla faction have the portrait mod, so do I have to create new data for the new faction? if so, how?
Look in the data/world/factions subfolders of the portrait pack mods for examples of how portraits are specified in .faction files.
The quick way to add portraits for a new faction: Copy one of the files for a vanilla faction in the pack, then rename it to have the same name as the base .faction file of the mod faction.

(Seeing new portraits for other mod factions shouldn't have happened, with or without Nex. Possibly this was with older version(s) of the portrait packs that modified mod factions as well?)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 05, 2020, 08:18:44 AM »

I recently ran into a null error when starting a new campaign...

Spoiler
196399 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder.addKeyIndustriesForFaction(NexMarketBuilder.java:728)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.populateSector(ExerelinProcGen.java:1697)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.generate(ExerelinProcGen.java:1063)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:353)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

It only happens when using the random sector mode - the game starts just fine when using the standardized core worlds. For what it's worth, I'm fairly certain the crash is related to one of the other mods I updated or added for this latest play-through (since everything was working fine beforehand). Unfortunately, I just updated about a dozen mods and added almost a dozen other mods that I've never used before (either because they're pretty new or because they were only recently updated to support the latest version of the game). It's going to take me a bit of time to narrow down which other mod(s) are involved, but I wanted to give you a quick heads-up in the meantime...

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 05, 2020, 09:43:50 PM »

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned somewhere in the depths of this mod thread, but does Nexerelin add any diplomatic means to get blueprints from friendly factions? Is there an agent action to steal blueprints from a faction, or a way to bribe faction officials for blueprints when you're at high rep with them? Most faction's don't actually sell any of their blueprints, even at their military markets.

I'm currently allied with a faction and I want to be able to produce their ships/weapons for myself, without having to try to sneakily raid their border colonies or outright go to war with them. Prism Freeport's blueprint exchange program is useful, but has yet to offer any of the blueprints I'm looking for from this specific faction.

lollypopalopicus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: January 06, 2020, 12:13:00 AM »

So, what do I use agents for, and how?

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 06, 2020, 02:15:31 AM »

So, what do I use agents for, and how?

Go to your intel screen "E" and look for them in the bottom half.  You'll find their menus there.  Once you send them to a location to affect the faction you want, you can pay them to do clandestine stuff like affecting relations and sabotaging things.  Experiment.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2782 on: January 06, 2020, 04:49:58 AM »

Spoiler
196399 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder.addKeyIndustriesForFaction(NexMarketBuilder.java:728)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:353)
[close]

It only happens when using the random sector mode - the game starts just fine when using the standardized core worlds. For what it's worth, I'm fairly certain the crash is related to one of the other mods I updated or added for this latest play-through (since everything was working fine beforehand). Unfortunately, I just updated about a dozen mods and added almost a dozen other mods that I've never used before (either because they're pretty new or because they were only recently updated to support the latest version of the game). It's going to take me a bit of time to narrow down which other mod(s) are involved, but I wanted to give you a quick heads-up in the meantime...
Are you running Galaxy Tigers? Someone else had this issue and that's the mod I identified (there may be others though).

Quick local fix, I'll contact KnightOfTigers with the details later (and do some stuff on Nex's end, but that's not coming out for some time yet):
Spoiler
Remove line 133 of Galaxy Tigers Faction/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/galaxytigers.json
specifically, the {"id":"highcommand", "mult":2},

Optional but recommended: Comment out the {"id":"heavyindustry", "mult":2}, above it and reduce the mult in {"id":"orbitalworks", "mult":1.5}, to something sensible like 0.15
Otherwise almost every market the Tigers start with will have orbital works, instead of just one or two.
[close]

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned somewhere in the depths of this mod thread, but does Nexerelin add any diplomatic means to get blueprints from friendly factions? Is there an agent action to steal blueprints from a faction, or a way to bribe faction officials for blueprints when you're at high rep with them? Most faction's don't actually sell any of their blueprints, even at their military markets.

I'm currently allied with a faction and I want to be able to produce their ships/weapons for myself, without having to try to sneakily raid their border colonies or outright go to war with them. Prism Freeport's blueprint exchange program is useful, but has yet to offer any of the blueprints I'm looking for from this specific faction.
There isn't such a method at present, sorry!

I've considered allowing agents to steal blueprints, but haven't wanted to implement such a thing because I'm against having a method of directly converting Infinite Colony Income to blueprints (at least with raiding you have to work for it).
A way to exchange reputation for blueprints (or a more complex rewards system of some kind) sounds nice, I'll look at it sometime down the road.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 06, 2020, 07:22:13 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Are you running Galaxy Tigers? Someone else had this issue and that's the mod I identified (there may be others though).

Quick local fix, I'll contact KnightOfTigers with the details later (and do some stuff on Nex's end, but that's not coming out for some time yet):
Spoiler
Remove line 133 of Galaxy Tigers Faction/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/galaxytigers.json
specifically, the {"id":"highcommand", "mult":2},

Optional but recommended: Comment out the {"id":"heavyindustry", "mult":2}, above it and reduce the mult in {"id":"orbitalworks", "mult":1.5}, to something sensible like 0.15
Otherwise almost every market the Tigers start with will have orbital works, instead of just one or two.
[close]

Yes, it was the Galaxy Tigers mod that was causing my issue. In fact, I was just getting ready to update my post with that info when I discovered your response. However, I hadn't been able to figure out why the mod was actually causing a problem, so thanks for letting me know about the quick fix.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:48:31 AM by Morathar »

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 06, 2020, 03:24:29 PM »

There isn't such a method at present, sorry!

I've considered allowing agents to steal blueprints, but haven't wanted to implement such a thing because I'm against having a method of directly converting Infinite Colony Income to blueprints (at least with raiding you have to work for it).
A way to exchange reputation for blueprints (or a more complex rewards system of some kind) sounds nice, I'll look at it sometime down the road.

Thanks for the reply! I understand wanting to avoid creating even more game unbalancing with the inevitable Infinite Colony Income issues. Whether it's trading rep for blueprints, or bribing officials, or using agents to steal blueprints (since I would imagine blueprints are pretty rare and factions might not be willing to part with what few spares they have), or something else; I just think it would be cool to have a peaceful way to gain blueprints from factions you're allied with, to complement the existing mechanics for raiding blueprints from factions you don't mind being hostile with.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 06, 2020, 04:45:16 PM »

Just a note that if you enable Prism Freeport (or use Console Commands to run the code to spawn it; don't have it on hand, had to Google it last time), the head bureaucrat of the station in the comms menu will trade blueprints with you. You can turn in blueprints and blueprint packages for points and it has a rolling selection of blueprints to buy with points.

A separate question; is there a config that determines likelihood of saturation bombardments? This current game I'm playing is about 5 cycles in and there's been maybe two locations captured and six or seven stations bombarded into uselessness, mostly by the Imperium. I'd kinda like to disable them to keep the sector from going dark since I'm not one of those nutters that takes over the whole place myself.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: January 07, 2020, 10:32:56 AM »

Just a note that if you enable Prism Freeport (or use Console Commands to run the code to spawn it; don't have it on hand, had to Google it last time), the head bureaucrat of the station in the comms menu will trade blueprints with you. You can turn in blueprints and blueprint packages for points and it has a rolling selection of blueprints to buy with points.

Thanks for the tip, but I know :P Unfortunately they only seem to have like 10 for trade at a time, at least last time I swung by the station. Also, since I'm playing with a decent number of faction mods, the odds of the couple of blueprints I want from the faction I'm allied with showing up there seem to be pretty low. Plus I'm not sure how often that list of blueprints for trade refreshes, or if you trade in more blueprints you get a bigger list of trades to choose from.

Prism Freeport's blueprint exchange program is useful, but has yet to offer any of the blueprints I'm looking for from this specific faction.

Sharkfighter

• Ensign
  • Sub optimal performance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 07, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »

I know the independent faction isn't really unified, I do like the idea of them going out and doing *** together like if a faction is bullying them too much.

Is it possible to have the indies make colonies and launch invasion fleets?
I tried modding and stayed up till 6 trying to add a fuel ship in the game just for the game to give me an error. I have a new respect for modders now.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 09, 2020, 05:18:45 AM »

Is it possible to have the indies make colonies and launch invasion fleets?
In Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/independent.json:

Invasions: Set playableFaction to true*
Colonies: Add a line "colonyExpeditionChance":1 (can change the number to change the chance of them getting picked to found a new colony)

*This should make independents generally behave like other factions, but they're hardcoded in some parts of Nex so no guarantees that everything will work the same.

Kyatzli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 12, 2020, 08:38:54 PM »

Is it possible to change the legality of things in invaded markets?
For example, change Recreational Drugs to legal/illegal?

Also wondering about changing player faction alignment.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 396