Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013239 times)

Hoakin Blackforge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2760 on: December 21, 2019, 04:40:35 AM »

The mod gives me an error that doesnt allow my game to start. How do i fix it?

https://imgur.com/a/ROgUW4y

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2761 on: December 21, 2019, 05:13:12 AM »

The mod gives me an error that doesnt allow my game to start. How do i fix it?

https://imgur.com/a/ROgUW4y
You might need to update Console Commands. Get the dev version at the top here

reapermonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: December 23, 2019, 11:07:58 AM »

is there a mechanic like "request fleet"  that instead of invasion, you select a fully surveyed world and colonize it?

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: December 24, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »

Ceasefire offers should have the same pop up window as the alliance votes (where it pauses the game and forces you to make a decision. It's very easy to miss the notifications for a very important and time sensitive piece of intel.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 25, 2019, 01:55:21 AM »

is there a mechanic like "request fleet"  that instead of invasion, you select a fully surveyed world and colonize it?
Not yet. It's planned eventually, but I'm hoping I get a way to make the involved GUI not awful first.

Ceasefire offers should have the same pop up window as the alliance votes (where it pauses the game and forces you to make a decision. It's very easy to miss the notifications for a very important and time sensitive piece of intel.
I guess I'll add a notification popup, yeah.

bopeepatehersheep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: December 25, 2019, 03:17:17 AM »

Not yet. It's planned eventually, but I'm hoping I get a way to make the involved GUI not awful first.

This reminds me - is it possible in the mod currently to find out where a pirate base that is pestering one of your systems is without visiting a bar in the system?  I ask because I know the player can request a fleet to take the pirate base out so the player doesn't have to personally go swat it away but if the player still has to visit the system that's being targeted - it doesn't seem much more to just go swat the pirate base themself.

If not, it would be nice to have some kind of way to find out where the base is remotely. Perhaps like in the special actions submenu - paying an employee to get info on the base's location.

I suppose this is unnecessary but I enjoy this mod quite a bit (185 thread pages makes it kinda obvious ppl like the mod).  Thanks for all your work on it. 

M07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: December 25, 2019, 05:56:07 AM »

I have a question,

I have two mod about portrait: Another Portrait Pack and Another Portrait Pack -ReWork-. They were both installed before Nexerlin. But the thing is, I can choose any portrait I want when I start a new game, but every faction I encountered have only the default portrait.

What can I do to randomize the portrait in other faction IN nexerelin? Because It worked fine before I install Nexerelin.

It's not really immersive when three people look the same in the same station haha
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 05:58:47 AM by M07 »

TheDukeofErl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (+hotfix 2019-12-15)
« Reply #2767 on: December 26, 2019, 07:05:29 PM »

I'm not sure if Nex does anything to balance vanilla factions, but I really think tritach could use a buff. In particular, culan is too small to defend itself properly and always seems to get captured. Once tt loses their only heavy industry, they are gimped for the rest of the game. TT really need either culan buffed so it can defend itself, or another large heavy industry world.
In the latest version (with the "useEnhancedCoreWorlds" setting) Culann and Eochu Bres's stations both have alpha cores. If people find that's not enough, I may need to think of something else.
I'm not sure that this has had the desired effect. I'm in cycle 207 and have seen a 3 fleet (cycle 206) and a 2 fleet (cycle 207) invasion targeting Eochu Bres and Culann respectively, each with many capital ships per fleet. I've had to get them back for TT by waiting for the invaders to do the little mad dash for pickets, sneaking in dark, and doing a land invasion. I've not been using Nex long but in my attempts I've seen TT lose these ports both times.
Are fleets of this size targeting these ports this early expected? Is the calculation for defending fleet strength including the station AI core, resulting in an even larger fleet being sent?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2768 on: December 27, 2019, 03:52:05 AM »

I have a question,

I have two mod about portrait: Another Portrait Pack and Another Portrait Pack -ReWork-. They were both installed before Nexerlin. But the thing is, I can choose any portrait I want when I start a new game, but every faction I encountered have only the default portrait.

What can I do to randomize the portrait in other faction IN nexerelin? Because It worked fine before I install Nexerelin.

It's not really immersive when three people look the same in the same station haha
Nex doesn't touch portraits.

Another Portrait Pack and the ReWork edition both only modify vanilla factions, so make sure you're checking those. Also, if you're running Archean Order, I'd expect that to overwrite the faction files and thus the portrait definitions. Other than that, I can't say what might be going on.

I'm not sure if Nex does anything to balance vanilla factions, but I really think tritach could use a buff. In particular, culan is too small to defend itself properly and always seems to get captured. Once tt loses their only heavy industry, they are gimped for the rest of the game. TT really need either culan buffed so it can defend itself, or another large heavy industry world.
In the latest version (with the "useEnhancedCoreWorlds" setting) Culann and Eochu Bres's stations both have alpha cores. If people find that's not enough, I may need to think of something else.
I'm not sure that this has had the desired effect. I'm in cycle 207 and have seen a 3 fleet (cycle 206) and a 2 fleet (cycle 207) invasion targeting Eochu Bres and Culann respectively, each with many capital ships per fleet. I've had to get them back for TT by waiting for the invaders to do the little mad dash for pickets, sneaking in dark, and doing a land invasion. I've not been using Nex long but in my attempts I've seen TT lose these ports both times.
Are fleets of this size targeting these ports this early expected? Is the calculation for defending fleet strength including the station AI core, resulting in an even larger fleet being sent?
They can send fairly big fleets early on if they're at war with people, yeah. (Invasion fleets don't scale with time)
The AI core will make the fleets somewhat bigger, but the strength gain from the core should greatly exceed that.

Not sure what else I'd do to buff TT further, feels like the fundamental problem is they're too small and start with too large enemies (Hegemony with added Luddic Church on top). I could slap an alpha core on the local military base, but I suspect that won't be enough either...

Streamingfox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: December 28, 2019, 12:37:43 AM »

Little quick question. If i have the faction respawn enabled, are newly added factions able to spawn in the world or can only factions respawn that already were installed as the map got created?

Beep Boop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: December 28, 2019, 01:03:05 AM »

Not sure what else I'd do to buff TT further, feels like the fundamental problem is they're too small and start with too large enemies (Hegemony with added Luddic Church on top). I could slap an alpha core on the local military base, but I suspect that won't be enough either...
I'm thinking the game was not actually designed with the factions balanced against each other as a war game, and having the factions wage wars of annihilation against each other is the problem, as this means the larger factions will inevitably grind down the weaker ones. Perhaps some factions should be more or less conquistadorial than others.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2771 on: December 28, 2019, 03:21:12 AM »

Responding to a couple more things:

This reminds me - is it possible in the mod currently to find out where a pirate base that is pestering one of your systems is without visiting a bar in the system?  I ask because I know the player can request a fleet to take the pirate base out so the player doesn't have to personally go swat it away but if the player still has to visit the system that's being targeted - it doesn't seem much more to just go swat the pirate base themself.

If not, it would be nice to have some kind of way to find out where the base is remotely. Perhaps like in the special actions submenu - paying an employee to get info on the base's location.
I could add a function for an agent to reveal the base... although that'll still require sending an agent to the affected location.

(And thanks for your support!)

Little quick question. If i have the faction respawn enabled, are newly added factions able to spawn in the world or can only factions respawn that already were installed as the map got created?
That's controlled by the "respawning of factions not present at start" setting.

Streamingfox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: December 28, 2019, 04:02:36 AM »

That's controlled by the "respawning of factions not present at start" setting.

Yep i know, i have it also enabled, i should have said that. xD So the question is more, can that mechanic respawn factions that i freshly installed to the game but using an old save?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 04:06:29 AM by Streamingfox »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2773 on: December 28, 2019, 04:52:35 PM »

Yes, if that's what you want to do

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 29, 2019, 05:04:47 PM »

Howdy Nexerelin. The mod features look really sweet. I'm wanting to try out a small miner fleet, staying under the radar and mining asteroids hundreds of light years away from the megapopulation centers, seeing if I can manage to stay self-sufficient in supply and fuel while out in the vastness of space. I might need that nebula siphoning fuel mod for that, I've only begun to check out what is available.

Currently though, I've got a standard playthrough going, tri-tach cooperative and expansion playstyle. I'm running into an annoying bug, a bug as I see it. Hegemony pickets are attacking Skathi. It has a low tech orbital station. When the pickets are engaged in battle, I click on them to join battle, but I keep getting the message that the orbital station is letting them go and I can only leave the dialogue. The pickets then fly around a bit but keep coming back to the station and the station is apparently letting them go each time I try to engage the pickets while they are engaged with the station.
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 396