Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Raiding for Fun and Profit (11/27/19)

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-01)  (Read 989333 times)

xucthclu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5f "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-11-17)
« Reply #2730 on: November 30, 2019, 05:55:46 PM »

There's an oddity with NPC colonization forces.

I attacked a TT colonization force right next to the colony, defeated it, and, since all it had left was a really miniscule transport and a couple frigates, I decided not to pursue them. Here's the thing, they still managed to colonize the planet, even though there is absolutely no possible way that the remaining ships could haul 1k crew and the other resources.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-01)
« Reply #2731 on: November 30, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »

Think this is the last set of bugs to squash, at least till next major release.

Nexerelin v0.9.5g
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.5g
* Factions can colonize planets in their core systems
* Invasion fleets will defend target for 90 days once successful
* Vengeance fleets go home when non-hostile again (instead of requiring neutral or better relations)
* Vanilla market enhancer: Culann and Eochu Bres stations get alpha cores
* Tiandong: Can't buy Fort Macau governorship if it's under THI control
* Vanilla planet/station descriptions are modified when market is captured by another faction
    * Currently applied to Corvus system
* Agent local report shows potential income of non-player-owned planets
* Support for Adjusted Sector mod
* Bugfixes
    * Fix invasion fleets idly orbiting target if they arrive in system before player
    * Fix autonomous colony revenue not taking into account export income
    * Fix Starfarer mode income and growth penalties not applying until game load
    * Fix alliance intel falsely indicating some factions as having incompatible alignments
* Modding
    * Starting fleet types: Add "explorer" category (both small and large forms available)
    * rules.csv compatible with SafariJohn's Rules Tool
    * Markets can be set as non-buyable
    * Fix factions not obeying industry spawn mults
[close]

Is it possible for this mod to increase the limits of items per batch of player construction, for example more than 50, 20, or 10 weapons per month? Is there a way I can edit the mod files to increase this limit myself? It would save so much micromanaging in the game.
This isn't moddable, as far as I know. Someone could make a suggestion forum thread to raise or remove the cap.

Are there any plans on setting it so that you can choose your faction's alignments for diplomacy?
You can change it by changing the player faction's Nex config (data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/player.json). (This affects all ongoing games)
Although you shouldn't need to change it, the main effect it has is alliance restrictions and not having any alignments means the faction isn't affected by those. (The alliance intel config used to lie about alliance compatibilities, it's fixed now)

There's an oddity with NPC colonization forces.

I attacked a TT colonization force right next to the colony, defeated it, and, since all it had left was a really miniscule transport and a couple frigates, I decided not to pursue them. Here's the thing, they still managed to colonize the planet, even though there is absolutely no possible way that the remaining ships could haul 1k crew and the other resources.
Hmm, if it takes enough losses the colony expedition is supposed to be aborted. I might have to look into this.

FAX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 01, 2019, 01:16:55 AM »

I have a question, can a function allow me to automatic pay the money to stop other factions' invade? It's too frequent since I open the brawl mode, extremely disturb me especially when I have a large number autonomy colonies ::)

xucthclu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 01, 2019, 02:24:48 PM »

Another thing. I suggest removing the crew looting from defeated enemies. It brings tedium if you're already at full crew.

You have a battle, get the looting screen, select "take all", and, usually, if you are over cargo capacity, you can throw some metals right back out before exiting the looting screen. With crew, if it is over capacity, you cannot throw them out right away. You have to close the looting screen, then open the inventory once again just to send the crew you don't need into space.

I think the cons on this outweigh the pros, so, at least in my nex, I edited the crew looted to be 0.

Also. Upon invading Eventide, afterwards in the comm links, there's still this guy tagged "High Hegemon". A bit of an oddity to see a High Hegemon working on Eventide after it gets stuffed to the brim with AI cores.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:29:15 PM by xucthclu »

Verx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 01, 2019, 07:47:45 PM »

is it normal that once you make a colony indipendent they will do absolutly nothing? since i can't build for them , i can't give them money , and they don't seems to build or try to do nothing , it mean i should make them indipendend after building them up ?  is it something wanted or i'm missunderstanding something?

Digganob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2735 on: December 01, 2019, 08:28:18 PM »

is it normal that once you make a colony indipendent they will do absolutly nothing? since i can't build for them , i can't give them money , and they don't seems to build or try to do nothing , it mean i should make them indipendend after building them up ?  is it something wanted or i'm missunderstanding something?

Yeah I think that's how it works right now. Personally I think all the autonomous colonies should be like their own faction almost, with 20% of their income going to the player of course. So like you make a new colony autonomous when you have several more, and the other autonomous colonies will support it and automatically build industries and buildings and crap. So that you can don't have to make a maxed out colony every time you want to make one autonomous.

Verx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 01, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »

Yeah I think that's how it works right now. Personally I think all the autonomous colonies should be like their own faction almost, with 20% of their income going to the player of course. So like you make a new colony autonomous when you have several more, and the other autonomous colonies will support it and automatically build industries and buildings and crap. So that you can don't have to make a maxed out colony every time you want to make one autonomous.

well, i just spamed 8 colony , and just made them autonomus , hoping that in 1 year they would have the money to build 1 mine \ farm and forget about them .... it didn't happen .... whats more annoying its that i can't build on them, so i've to remove the indipendency , and build :\

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2737 on: December 02, 2019, 06:28:30 PM »

Is there any way to become an Governor of another factions colony that is larger then size 4 ?

And is it possible to found colonies for a faction that is not your own?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #2738 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:39 PM »

well, i just spamed 8 colony , and just made them autonomus , hoping that in 1 year they would have the money to build 1 mine \ farm and forget about them .... it didn't happen .... whats more annoying its that i can't build on them, so i've to remove the indipendency , and build :\
Autonomous colonies (and ordinary NPC colonies) will build stuff (usually, they have a chance to roll not to build anything) when they grow in size, or if their controlling faction changes. Although if their growth rate is negative, this is not going to work; paying for growth incentives first can help.

Anyway, it's intended that the player spends money to build their initial farm/mine for them (rather than dumping 1,000 people on some random planet with no economic activity).

You also already get a 20% share of autonomous colony income.

Is there any way to become an Governor of another factions colony that is larger then size 4 ?

And is it possible to found colonies for a faction that is not your own?
- No
- You can found a colony, then transfer it to the desired faction (needs undock+redock to get the admin to appear in comm board)

Verx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 04, 2019, 10:01:51 AM »

Autonomous colonies (and ordinary NPC colonies) will build stuff (usually, they have a chance to roll not to build anything) when they grow in size, or if their controlling faction changes. Although if their growth rate is negative, this is not going to work; paying for growth incentives first can help.

Anyway, it's intended that the player spends money to build their initial farm/mine for them (rather than dumping 1,000 people on some random planet with no economic activity).

You also already get a 20% share of autonomous colony income.

oh... so its just that i should have spend money when i founded them , well, since i went out of my way to remove indipendence , build up things and give them indipendence again , i guess it will work out somehow ... good to know , its better to make them indipendent mid-way , more than when you already did evrything .
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183]