Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013715 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5d "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-10-24)
« Reply #2670 on: November 02, 2019, 06:14:00 AM »

Is it possible to have empire size increase the number of officers and agents, in addition to the number of admin?

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 02, 2019, 06:26:46 AM »

Is it possible to have empire size increase the number of officers and agents, in addition to the number of admin?
In fact, the agent could only be increased to 3 by player skill, this may be unfair for those who choose that skill. Omg, It's really a fiddle-faddle to order agents, so I don't like that skill.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 02, 2019, 08:04:44 AM »

Hi. Im running experiment-colonizing every single market.

i found a bug or something. I have 188 markets under me. gave away about 20 to indepentents from that number. the "disruption" mission was crashing my game about every month (found from log)

temporal fix was to do ""nex_disruptMissionIntervalRateMult":0, #temporal fix" it was like 0.125 or something. its in settings in data folder

its nothing serious, i personally dont fulfill these missions. sadly i didnt backup the log and rewrote it while i was trying to find solution so i cant provide the log. i dont know whats actually causing it but the solution above did.

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 02, 2019, 10:45:44 PM »

Is there a way to alter the AI slightly to attempt less takeovers of planets?
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

ssss2222

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 03, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »

I've come up to an issue with granting autonomy to my planets.  Doing so doesn't appear to let them contribute to the export market pool, only gifting them to other factions does so.  Is this intended, a bug or is there a setting somewhere in the mod's files that I have to enable first? 

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 04, 2019, 03:35:35 AM »

Anyone who downloaded the patch .jar on page 1, please redownload (the old one had a bug that broke blueprint raids).

You can lower the invasion frequency by raising pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet in the file Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json.

I've come up to an issue with granting autonomy to my planets.  Doing so doesn't appear to let them contribute to the export market pool, only gifting them to other factions does so.  Is this intended, a bug or is there a setting somewhere in the mod's files that I have to enable first? 
I just tested and, uh, it turns out the part where it claims to increase the global market size is a lie.
I could just fix the information for next release, although now it seems that granting autonomy needs some other buff to make it competitive with just giving markets to independents. Maybe the player still collects 20% of its net income or such.

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 04, 2019, 07:13:06 AM »

I just tested and, uh, it turns out the part where it claims to increase the global market size is a lie.
I could just fix the information for next release, although now it seems that granting autonomy needs some other buff to make it competitive with just giving markets to independents. Maybe the player still collects 20% of its net income or such.
15-20% is pretty fair. I think 20% is a bit high, but still fair.
Maybe it could be random from 15-20%

Deko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 04, 2019, 08:04:42 AM »

Is there a way to override SCY's Prism Freeport? SCY's version has no ability to spawn IBB boss ships for purchase so it would be nice to have both version or simply just the default Prism.

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: November 04, 2019, 08:58:38 PM »

Anyone who downloaded the patch .jar on page 1, please redownload (the old one had a bug that broke blueprint raids).

You can lower the invasion frequency by raising pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet in the file Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json.

Amazing news! I'm really glad to hear that, what about seperate the different autonomy level? Lower right of autonomy will be collected a part of their economy, but higher one don't need, of course, player may pay something for controling a low autonomy colony. This is just a personal suggestion, I will be honored if it can help you. :)

mstachife

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 05, 2019, 03:40:24 AM »

Is it possible to enable outposts to build a patrol HQ? Would be nice for securing useless systems near you.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:44:27 AM by mstachife »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: November 05, 2019, 08:34:11 AM »

Is it possible to enable outposts to build a patrol HQ? Would be nice for securing useless systems near you.
If you can't afford to wait, it's currently possible with devmode turned on.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 05, 2019, 12:16:07 PM »

What if autonomous colonies created a new faction, like the 0.8 era "Followers"? Then as a new faction they would contribute to market, with the trade-off being not directly paying the player.

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: November 05, 2019, 04:04:31 PM »

On a semi-related note, should outposts be valid targets for pirate raids? One was in the last game I started, which I realized when I got the notification that it had happened.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5e "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-11-06)
« Reply #2683 on: November 06, 2019, 07:23:30 AM »

Quick update to fix various recently-found bugs and issues. Features, more serious rebalancing, etc. is some ways off.

Nexerelin v0.9.5e
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.5e
* Autonomous colonies
    * Player receives 20% of net income/loss
    * Remove false claim that autonomous colonies contribute to global market size
* Raid adjustments
    * Don't drop blueprints for base package (known to player at start) ships, weapons, or fighters
    * Drop more ship weapons
* Disruption missions don't target hidden markets or undisruptable industries
* Fix strike fleets generating vengeance points when they shouldn't
* Fix use of vengeance saturation bombardments instead of invasions having a 100% chance (if conditions are met)
* Fix free skill points at start by repeatedly selecting spacer start and going back
* Tiandong mod compatibility for fleet joining in certain contexts
[close]

What if autonomous colonies created a new faction, like the 0.8 era "Followers"? Then as a new faction they would contribute to market, with the trade-off being not directly paying the player.
TBH managing all the stuff relating to a fake player faction was/is more hacky-ness than I'd like to go back to if I can avoid it.

On a semi-related note, should outposts be valid targets for pirate raids? One was in the last game I started, which I realized when I got the notification that it had happened.
It's a bug, but one I can't easily fix. (It should go away in next Starsector version).
Though if I remember the pirate base code right, it should only happen once per game at most, so there's that.

Thermi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5e "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-11-06)
« Reply #2684 on: November 06, 2019, 08:15:25 AM »

Did you fix the crash at exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper.getCompetitionFactor(EconomyInfoHelper.java:326)?
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.msg269012#msg269012

That is also a problem in my latest save. It crashes shortly after loading it with that stack trace.

EDIT: Doesn't seem like it, judging from the diff for the file. :(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:53:51 AM by Thermi »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 396