Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014083 times)

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5d "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-10-24)
« Reply #2640 on: October 24, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »

It seems like raiding is the least worthwhile way to get BPs now unless you've done over 200 raids to get all the junk out of the way like the single small weapon BPs.
https://i.imgur.com/Kv0seVe.mp4

In any case, thanks for the mod!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:53:15 AM by ZeCaptain »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: October 24, 2019, 10:27:26 AM »

maxAgents in exerelin_config.json (not displayed anywhere ingame :()
Command & Control 2 adds 1 max agent.
Thanks!
Each blueprint will only appear in a raid once ever (no matter where or when the raid takes place). But the raid will always drop at least one blueprint if it passes the roll, unless there are no more blueprints left to learn from that faction.
(This is separate from the cooldown for being able to get any blueprints in a raid, which is per-colony)
How is this determined?
Specifically, if a mod added, say, a new form of ship blueprint template (like ship_bp in vanilla), would that be counted or ignored?

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: October 24, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »

"Turn off officer max level check"

What does this mean, and how does it work?

I'm guessing it's an option somewhere, but I'm just curious mostly on what it's for and what it does. I like to know how things tick, and then use them as I see fit.

It's a fantastic mod all around and it does a lot to add to the base game and I've already spent 2-300 odd hours playing it. Only major bug I've come across is a ram drain that happens with a bunch of other mods, happens when I save and crashes the save file after 5-6 saves in a session.

But if I had to guess it's the traits mod that gives ships traits.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. Keep up the work, you are doing an awesome job :)

Edit: forgot to add a suggestion. When you pull up the faction directory, why can't you see which markets are militarized, or which system they are in (I think about that last part. Can't double check right now)? You can see which ones have heavy industry though.

It is useful to be able to see at a glance which markets are militarized for

A) invasion/raid purposes

B) ship purchasing! With some factions you don't need to be under commission to buy their military grade ships (such as the independents).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:08:10 PM by I_is_nublet »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2643 on: October 25, 2019, 04:48:43 AM »

Thanks for the support!

It seems like raiding is the least worthwhile way to get BPs now unless you've done over 200 raids to get all the junk out of the way like the single small weapon BPs.
https://i.imgur.com/Kv0seVe.mp4
Yeah, ouch.
Thinking I could/should make blueprint loot work a different way in general, e.g. it gives you X 'value' of blueprints per raid (e.g. 1 capital or 3 destroyers; or maybe it should be credit-based) instead of it dropping practically-always-1 (and sometimes more) blueprints that could be basically whatever.

Each blueprint will only appear in a raid once ever (no matter where or when the raid takes place). But the raid will always drop at least one blueprint if it passes the roll, unless there are no more blueprints left to learn from that faction.
(This is separate from the cooldown for being able to get any blueprints in a raid, which is per-colony)
How is this determined?
Specifically, if a mod added, say, a new form of ship blueprint template (like ship_bp in vanilla), would that be counted or ignored?
It goes purely by the ship/weapon/fighter ID.
Raids don't normally drop custom blueprint items (only ship_bp, weapon_bp and fighter_bp), so those don't come up. The code marks a BP as dropped when generating the items initially; whatever a mod's loot listener code does afterward won't affect this.

"Turn off officer max level check"

What does this mean, and how does it work?
There was a safety check where it'd crash on starting the application if the player set max officer level to >29, since this risked a crash ingame. But feedback indicates the maximum safe level is not actually 29, so I've taken it off.

Edit: forgot to add a suggestion. When you pull up the faction directory, why can't you see which markets are militarized, or which system they are in (I think about that last part. Can't double check right now)? You can see which ones have heavy industry though.

It is useful to be able to see at a glance which markets are militarized for

A) invasion/raid purposes

B) ship purchasing! With some factions you don't need to be under commission to buy their military grade ships (such as the independents).
It does say (base) for military markets in the directory, and give their star system, doesn't it?

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: October 25, 2019, 05:33:50 AM »

Thanks for informative reply! I appreciate it :)

As for the directory question. I believe it shows heavy industry only. I'm not sure about star system (But at this point I'm probably wrong, and it does show which star system it's in).

I don't have my comp in front of me at the moment to double check, but I would if I did.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: October 25, 2019, 09:42:18 AM »

In that case I eagerly await the fixed value drop, as I play with a mod that also adds blueprints for non-rare ships/weapons/fighters, and with only 1 drop atm per raid...

Chazn2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: October 25, 2019, 10:15:08 AM »

Fixed the crash I posted, tyvm :)

Aryb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: October 25, 2019, 05:34:03 PM »

Not sure how effective this is or if I’m just gonna end up shouting into the void, but I had a question about the victory state.

In the Nexerelin mod, when victory is achieved, what are the implications for gameplay if you continue on? Are factions able to respawn (if enabled)? Does the game play more or less the same?

I’m asking because I’m doing a smolsector run where I take all the sector generation settings as low as they go and only allow independents and my own faction at the start. I’ve been enjoying it but one major downside is you immediately win if you do any missions for the independents before a faction spawns. It could be RNG but it seems victory basically stops the sector from growing. I wanted to ask and see if anyone had a more concrete answer though.

If other faction activity is halted, what course of action should I take to remedy this? Is the victory something I can disable? Is there a config setting that would things easier?

Thank you all for your time.

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: October 25, 2019, 05:38:31 PM »

how about making planet raids work "market level" times before going on cooldown, with markets that just added heavy industry or got captured, starting the cooldown right away (so no planet gift abuses)
market size could also affect the cooldown
both ammount of raids and cooldown times could also be affected by nanoforges

effect would be that more powerful production markets are better but harder raid targets
early/mid game you would have to raid only low level markets, for less/slower progress

you could also make the raid times before CD non linear, like industries
so 1 at 3, 2 at 4, 3 at 5, and then 4 at 7+
Cabbage

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2649 on: October 25, 2019, 08:29:47 PM »

In the Nexerelin mod, when victory is achieved, what are the implications for gameplay if you continue on? Are factions able to respawn (if enabled)? Does the game play more or less the same?
Most things should continue running after a victory as they did before, including faction respawning. But independents won't be targeted for the respawn invasion.

You can remove an existing victory with the resetvictory console command, which unsets the "won the game" state and allows another victory event to occur.

Aryb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: October 25, 2019, 10:09:17 PM »

Most things should continue running after a victory as they did before, including faction respawning. But independents won't be targeted for the respawn invasion.

Thank you for the quick response! So cool to hear from you. Are pirates protected under the same invasion rules?

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 25, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »

Yeah the frequency and quantity of blueprint drops from raids is now miniscule, after raiding and conquering all of a faction's planets I managed to get zero blueprints above frigate level, and the cooldown is a huge bother. I really don't think raiding heavy industry on a size 7 colony should yield just blueprints to some crap small ballistics.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2652 on: October 26, 2019, 01:56:47 AM »

Thank you for the quick response! So cool to hear from you. Are pirates protected under the same invasion rules?
Yes, although this can be changed in exerelin_config.json (set allowPirateInvasions to true).

@puffzor: In lieu of a better fix, here's a patch that at least makes raids not drop stuff from the base package. (Place in Nexerelin/jars)

Chazn2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 26, 2019, 06:16:36 AM »

What are the advantages of being commissioned Vs being in an alliance?

They both seem the same to me, except when commissioned one gets a wage and insurance.

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: October 26, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »

When commissioned, your faction's relationships are handled by the commissioning faction, and your commissioning faction would really prefer that when capturing planets that they get control (reputation hit if you take it for yourself instead of for them). Beyond that, I think that the free money is the only real difference.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 396