Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012890 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4c "Mambo No. 9" (fixes 2019-09-11)
« Reply #2580 on: September 29, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »

Sorry, but does anyone know what you're supposed to do with high-value prisoners? I have maybe half a dozen in cold storage at the moment and I can't find the option to trade them with my enemies.
Talk to a planet and select special options (or something similar).

SYDWAD

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: September 29, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »

Not related to any on going conversations:

I've been searching online for days now to no avail. How do you trade High Value Targets in Nexerlin??? It says you can trade them for improved relationship but all i can do is sell them or dump  them out the airlock lol.
No matter who i talk to in the coms i don't get an option to hand them over, i've also tried saving then selling them in the market and waiting but i get no relation boost, even with the faction i won them from. Nowhere online i can find an explanation on the process.
Hopefully if someone can give the answer here it will help people searching in the future.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: September 29, 2019, 06:07:50 PM »

Prisoners you can trade in the special options (it's the menu on station / planet before you enter trade interface)

Caiaphas_Cain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: September 29, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »

Sorry, but does anyone know what you're supposed to do with high-value prisoners? I have maybe half a dozen in cold storage at the moment and I can't find the option to trade them with my enemies.
Talk to a planet and select special options (or something similar).

Bugger, shoulda thought of that. Thanks!

BulbasaurWizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: September 29, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »

Does Nexerelin change the drop rate for blueprints or similar things. I had a playthrough where I mistakenly thought I had installed Nex, so I restarted with it active, and I am wonder if I am just far less lucky this round or if something in the mid is causing it.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: October 01, 2019, 11:47:07 AM »

It would be cool to add support for Steelclad that came out recently

It would also be cool (although this one may be a stretch) to make a Nexerelin that would work with the excellent Archean Order total conversion

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: October 01, 2019, 01:13:24 PM »

strange, i use steelclad with nexerelin w/o issue, even the factions works

(but it's possible i edited something to make it work, as i sorting errors whole time)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2587 on: October 04, 2019, 08:17:04 PM »

Notes for faction modders on upcoming features
Next version of Nexerelin will add a "diplomacy traits" feature for factions. This is specified by an array in the faction config .json.

For instance, Hegemony has
Code: json
    "diplomacyTraits":["paranoid", "stalwart", "dislikes_ai", "law_and_order", "envious"],
A list of traits can be found in this .json, and is shown in this image:
Spoiler

[close]

Also: I may enable population growth for NPC core worlds by default in next version.
For markets that should not do this (e.g. ORA's Dilapidated Refinery), set a memory key in the market's memory: $nex_colony_growth_limit with value = desired max size

Does Nexerelin change the drop rate for blueprints or similar things. I had a playthrough where I mistakenly thought I had installed Nex, so I restarted with it active, and I am wonder if I am just far less lucky this round or if something in the mid is causing it.
Nex doesn't (try to) do anything to drops.

It would also be cool (although this one may be a stretch) to make a Nexerelin that would work with the excellent Archean Order total conversion
It's not a priority for me, but I may see what can be done in the future.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: October 04, 2019, 08:44:03 PM »

Thats really cool!
Check out my ships

Kadzin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: October 05, 2019, 01:29:33 PM »

I love this mod, playing with multiple factions and having them interact with each other was a blast! I am sure this was asked a bunch of times already but is there a way to disable the random reputation events? It was fun to manage them at first but it became annoying as the game kept going.

Insanity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mod Feedback
« Reply #2590 on: October 06, 2019, 01:43:22 AM »

Good day. First of all, thanks for the mod! It was an incredible gaming experience for me with all the faction warfare and extra fun functions.
Now, I'd like to leave my feedback on the matter.
After playing for 100+ hours with Nexerelin, I could see a single major balance issue that I'd like to highlight today.

The issue is the Request Fleet function.
It is RIDICULOUSLY strong. For just 650k you can summon 5+ enormously large fleets to destroy anything you want.
A full (1500) space power fleet costs 650k when you request it with minimum ground power. But do you really need ground power?
Not only these fleets are as strong as Radiant [REDACTED] fleets found in the high danger zones (or even stronger actually), but they are also dirt cheap.
By using Request Fleet, you can literally win the game without ever fighting.

Here's an example:
At the start of the game, you can just explore a bit and gather the 650k necessary. Or 1.3kk to be absolutely sure.
Then you request a fleet or two, buy 500 marines and just go to any system you want.
Summoned fleets obliterate all patrols and orbital stations and you just do tactical bombardment => invade. 500 marines are more than enough after the bombardment.
And the whole Askonia can be yours in just one or two hours after getting into the game. Gotta have those lobsters.

In short, the problem is that price and fleet power are nowhere around balanced. What you get for 650k now should be worth at least 6.5 millions.
And once you have several good planets and make 500k+ per month, you can just launch these invasions every month and take system by system. You don't even have to fight yourself.

Now that I've explained the problem, here's what I propose:

1) Make a hard cap for the fleet's space power that scales with how many Ship Hulls a faction that provides the fleets produces.
 For example, a faction that produces a total of 40 Ship Hulls across all of its markets will have a cap of 1000 space power when you're requesting fleets from them.
 With this change, you will have to actually work on your colonies and build those Heavy Industries everywhere to be able to summon high-power fleets.

2) Increase the price to at least 2000-3000 credits per space power. This will still be more or less cheap, but it won't be as free as it is right now.

3) Make it so only one fleet can be launched at a time, no matter how big or small. This is to prevent spamming 2-3 request fleets on the same system and overwhelming it.

I believe that with these changes Request Fleet will be a lot more balanced and be more of an extra help for when you attack a system rather than "I win" button. Most systems tend to have about 1000-1500 space power when it comes to defense, so being able to summon a 1500 space power fleet for 650k just like that is absolutely over the top.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:49:47 AM by Insanity »

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Feedback
« Reply #2591 on: October 06, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »

Good day. First of all, thanks for the mod! It was an incredible gaming experience for me with all the faction warfare and extra fun functions.
Now, I'd like to leave my feedback on the matter.
After playing for 100+ hours with Nexerelin, I could see a single major balance issue that I'd like to highlight today.

The issue is the Request Fleet function.
It is RIDICULOUSLY strong. For just 650k you can summon 5+ enormously large fleets to destroy anything you want.
A full (1500) space power fleet costs 650k when you request it with minimum ground power. But do you really need ground power?
Not only these fleets are as strong as Radiant [REDACTED] fleets found in the high danger zones (or even stronger actually), but they are also dirt cheap.
By using Request Fleet, you can literally win the game without ever fighting.

Here's an example:
At the start of the game, you can just explore a bit and gather the 650k necessary. Or 1.3kk to be absolutely sure.
Then you request a fleet or two, buy 500 marines and just go to any system you want.
Summoned fleets obliterate all patrols and orbital stations and you just do tactical bombardment => invade. 500 marines are more than enough after the bombardment.
And the whole Askonia can be yours in just one or two hours after getting into the game. Gotta have those lobsters.

In short, the problem is that price and fleet power are nowhere around balanced. What you get for 650k now should be worth at least 6.5 millions.
And once you have several good planets and make 500k+ per month, you can just launch these invasions every month and take system by system. You don't even have to fight yourself.

Now that I've explained the problem, here's what I propose:

1) Make a hard cap for the fleet's space power that scales with how many Ship Hulls a faction that provides the fleets produces.
 For example, a faction that produces a total of 40 Ship Hulls across all of its markets will have a cap of 1000 space power when you're requesting fleets from them.
 With this change, you will have to actually work on your colonies and build those Heavy Industries everywhere to be able to summon high-power fleets.

2) Increase the price to at least 2000-3000 credits per space power. This will still be more or less cheap, but it won't be as free as it is right now.

3) Make it so only one fleet can be launched at a time, no matter how big or small. This is to prevent spamming 2-3 request fleets on the same system and overwhelming it.

I believe that with these changes Request Fleet will be a lot more balanced and be more of an extra help for when you attack a system rather than "I win" button. Most systems tend to have about 1000-1500 space power when it comes to defense, so being able to summon a 1500 space power fleet for 650k just like that is absolutely over the top.

You don't even need to go into space to do this.

Attack a low level planet (3 or 4) with a patrol station and/or heavy batteries by taking out their space port.

Invade.

Give the colony to another faction.

Then sell a bunch of marines + armaments.

Congrats, you've just made about 300K or more, in the first couple of days of the game, and can now repeat it a few more times to get millions early, do the strategy you just said, and win. I personally attack a AI core planet of WY, take their AI core, then attack Hegemony for their level 8 colony, AI core it, and I now have 500k income early game in about 3-4 months time ingame.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2592 on: October 07, 2019, 04:45:24 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! Well, I guess that's at least two exploits to fix for next version.

In a future version (maybe not the next one though) I'll probably implement a capacity chargeup system for fleet requests, based on the player economy (like how NPC invasion fleets already work).
'Charge' accumulates, through availability of marines/supplies/ship parts/heavy armaments at colonies (imported, or for greater effect produced locally). Capacity is increased by having military bases and high commands. Requesting a fleet drains the charge based on its size.

What I probably will do for the next version is block transfer of markets without a functioning spaceport (nobody wants such a liability). You broke it, you own it!

G86Kill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: October 07, 2019, 12:55:43 PM »

Hey guys, quick question. I can't seem to find the Prism port in my game, its possible that I haven't enabled it. I would really prefer not to start a new game as i've made a lot of progress! Is there a command I can use to spawn the port?
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 396