Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013453 times)

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4c "Mambo No. 9" (fixes 2019-09-11)
« Reply #2520 on: September 13, 2019, 01:47:13 PM »

I think permanent "mega" fleets are possible in every core world. Just use the code that Named Bounties use except make it so that every major factions Core World has a "Admiral" that is in the Military tab, and Admirals get a capital ship with 10 level 20 officers and all capitals / carriers.

Just spit balling ideas.
I expect those fleets will just get whittled down by random battles long before the player has anything to do with them

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 13, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »

I think permanent "mega" fleets are possible in every core world. Just use the code that Named Bounties use except make it so that every major factions Core World has a "Admiral" that is in the Military tab, and Admirals get a capital ship with 10 level 20 officers and all capitals / carriers.

Just spit balling ideas.
I expect those fleets will just get whittled down by random battles long before the player has anything to do with them
Make them Dickerson-sized fleets.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2522 on: September 13, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »

I'm wondering what a good way to fix the "give small planet with heavy industry to someone else then raid it for blueprints" exploit is. Preferably in a way where the restrictions are made obvious to the player.
  • Limit BP drops based on market size/stability?
  • Auto-sell the heavy industry on market transfer, if the faction already has one?
  • Something else?
is anywhere example how to define those to seamlessly expand existing Nexerelin custom starts ?
Interstellar Imperium has an example: config file, script. It does require a bit of Java knowledge to implement.

I was just wondering if there was a way to sort of calm things down when it comes to wars and invasions. I'm barely starting and factions are losing home systems already.

I've done some searching, and found that increasing the PointsRequiredForInvasionFleet means invasions happen less frequently, is there anything else in the config that can be fiddled with to make wars and invasions less common?

Thanks.
You could also increase the eventFrequency in Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json, to slow down the tempo of faction relation changes so to speak.

Avallac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: September 13, 2019, 09:11:30 PM »

Not sure if this is a vanilla bug, only played with this mod - a system was claimed by pirates that had one planet in it, there were two other planets from two other factions in the system. I captured pirate relays (nav and comm) then captured the pirate planet, which should have made the system claimed by me and kept the relays under my control, however other two AI faction each captured one of my relays just like that without declaring war and if I try to take them back after being stolen I have to go to war with both of them. Not only that, but I planted a couple colonies to tech  mine on a couple planets in this pirate system and got a warning at the colonization screen that pirates were gonna wipe em out in short order, yet after capturing the pirate planet, system control instead of passing to me went to one of the other factions in the system so on top of stealing my relays for free they also send me tribute demands for other colonies in system (except the original pirate planet). Quite buggy stuff.

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 13, 2019, 10:25:10 PM »

I think 'Limit BP drops based on market size/stability?' would be the best way to at least somewhat mitigate the exploit.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: September 14, 2019, 04:44:18 AM »

I also agree that liming drops based on market size/stability is best.

Also, want to re-report an issue:

Noticed that Invasion fleets are a little too easily distracted. They will happily forget whatever they were doing a and chase a couple of pirate frigates. They try to get back to the mission, but as soon as the pirate frigate gets closer, they instnatly turn after it again. The fleet can spend months massing about instead of reaching their main objective. The only solution is to stay well away from the fleet, so it's abstracted, then it moves to the target properly.

Invasion fleets should just outright ignore anything with less than say, half of their FP, of the fleet and just move to their objective.

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: September 14, 2019, 05:36:51 AM »

You could also increase the eventFrequency in Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json, to slow down the tempo of faction relation changes so to speak.

Nice, thank you. In my searches I read that the events tend towards neutral, I didn't see any parameters that would seem to affect that in the diplomacyConfig, unless it's the min/max RepLevelToOccur?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: September 14, 2019, 07:30:10 AM »

I'm wondering what a good way to fix the "give small planet with heavy industry to someone else then raid it for blueprints" exploit is. Preferably in a way where the restrictions are made obvious to the player.
Auto-selling heavy industry seems to be the best band-aid solution. What I'd like you to do is to make only the faction's biggest shipyard drop blueprints. What I'd like Alex to do (and I have seen it suggested once, but I don't remember where) is to make heavy industry more granular, with higher levels required for bigger ships and better gear.

CheekyBreeky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 14, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »

Hi, can I somehow lower the diplomacy penalty of "Starfarer Mode"?

i.e.: Disposition Penalty + Negative Event Modifier

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: September 14, 2019, 10:24:30 PM »

I can't request alliance for some reason.. For 1. it shows prisoner actions

Turbo Torsten

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 15, 2019, 05:07:39 AM »

Can the Prism Freeport be destroyed? I know I found this thing once, but can't find it anymore (been searching for over 2 hours straight now), neither does it show on the independent station list, nor when checking for buyers/sellers for products (which was a suggested method to find at least a direction).

Is there any other way to get the location (if it isn't destroyed) of this damned thing?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2531 on: September 15, 2019, 05:12:39 AM »

They're currently hardcoded, sorry!

Can the Prism Freeport be destroyed? I know I found this thing once, but can't find it anymore (been searching for over 2 hours straight now), neither does it show on the independent station list, nor when checking for buyers/sellers for products (which was a suggested method to find at least a direction).

Is there any other way to get the location (if it isn't destroyed) of this damned thing?
It can't be destroyed (normally that is, a player could in principle sat bomb it out of existence or otherwise decivilize it).
Nex Prism (as opposed to Scy's, which is in the Acheron system) is in hyperspace; turn off Starscape (hotkey '1') in the Tab map to find it.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 15, 2019, 08:32:31 AM »

Its in the center of the map.

So if you didn't use Randomized sectors, it should be around Askonia.

Turbo Torsten

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 15, 2019, 09:36:10 AM »

Thanks folks, sadly the Freeport somehow actually vanished, just loaded another early game save and the station is exactly where it should be, not so in my late-game save.
The other mods I'm using are:
Arsenal Expansion 1.5.3g
Combat Chatter
GraphicsLib, LazyLib, MagicLib
Ship and Weapon Pack
SkilledUp, SpeedUp
Underworld
Vayra's Ship Pack

So in conclusion it seems to not be an issue with the mods I'm running, but I highly suspect it got killed at some point. One gets the option to engage the station, so npc's should be able to engage - and destroy- it as well, or am I mistaken? I simply see no other possibility... Can one somehow make the station spawn again?

CheekyBreeky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: September 15, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »

They're currently hardcoded, sorry!

Ahh, that's too bad. I hope we will get more diplomacy customization in the future.

Anyways, thanks for the answer! I am enjoying your mod a lot, it really makes endgame fun! Alex absolutely needs to implement it into Vanilla before the official 1.0 release.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 396