Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3015148 times)

Dapperius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4c "Mambo No. 9" (fixes 2019-09-11)
« Reply #2505 on: September 12, 2019, 12:44:21 AM »

Hi. I've had a problem since updating to the latest version. I replaced the old files with the new ones, but my save game was corrupted and had to start a new one. Not a big deal since I barely did anything in that particular save. However, one we got past the initial game set-up and I was being placed into the actual sector (loading bar displaying the dates up to March 1st) it suddenly crashed at the very end with a "Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8" error message, stating "Fatal: Could not initialize class exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket. Check starsector.log for more info" Could I get some help, please?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2506 on: September 12, 2019, 05:18:02 AM »

Well, abruptly changing a thing from "silently fails and ruins everything" to "will set you on fire and eat you alive" could have been better timed...
(although it needed to be done eventually, given that the issue was stealth-breaking something that affects other mods)

Fix for Prism NoClassDefFoundError bug

It's caused by the Fringe Defence Syndicate mod.

To fix it replace FDS/data/config/prism/prism_ships_blacklist.csv with this. Or open it yourself and change the first row from hull id to just id

Other mods may also have the same issue, but I haven't detected any that do, and I have most of them.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: September 12, 2019, 05:26:17 AM »

Well, abruptly changing a thing from "silently fails and ruins everything" to "will set you on fire and eat you alive" could have been better timed...
(although it needed to be done eventually, given that the issue was stealth-breaking something that affects other mods)

Fix for Prism NoClassDefFoundError bug

It's caused by the Fringe Defence Syndicate mod.

To fix it replace FDS/data/config/prism/prism_ships_blacklist.csv with this. Or open it yourself and change the first row from hull id to just id

Other mods may also have the same issue, but I haven't detected any that do, and I have most of them.
That's what you get for adding throw new RuntimeException(ex); ruining the "IT JUST WORKS" paradigm
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

TunaCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 12, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »

Updating to the most recent patch seems to have messed up creating outposts at planets- attempting to do so just results in a "NullPointerException: Null" error before returning the planet screen. Didn't have any issues before - could this be related to moving the ruin survey in the planet page, or is this just a savegame specific bug?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 12, 2019, 07:23:56 AM »

Updating to the most recent patch seems to have messed up creating outposts at planets- attempting to do so just results in a "NullPointerException: Null" error before returning the planet screen. Didn't have any issues before - could this be related to moving the ruin survey in the planet page, or is this just a savegame specific bug?
Hmm. This is after attempting to build (rather than when first displaying the construction menu), correct? What does the end of [starsector-core]/starsector.log say after the error appears?

TunaCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 12, 2019, 09:19:17 AM »

Hmm. This is after attempting to build (rather than when first displaying the construction menu), correct? What does the end of [starsector-core]/starsector.log say after the error appears?

Yup, after attempting to build. Though it may be a bit of a non-issue now, since I can't reproduce it anymore. It was happening yesterday and this morning, but I when I tried to recreate it and take a peek at the log, the outpost constructed normally. Odd - I'll let you know if it happens again though.

truditu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 12, 2019, 09:49:57 AM »

Found a bug in you generateBlueprintStock function. For fighter wings you're actually checking for knowsWeapon instead of knowsFighter.

Degernase

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 12, 2019, 10:29:31 AM »

Why does it cost a monthly fee to store things at an outpost? The player already pays a monthly upkeep fee and they don't generate an income.
These would make excellent alternatives to having to rely on abandoned space ports for early game storage.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 12, 2019, 02:29:49 PM »

thanks for the solution to resolve crash fix @histidine

i got tricky question

is there way to make work those other starting options from lesser mods ?
nexerelin overrides those starting choices

it would be nice to get e.g. some experimental switch (setting) to try those
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:01:24 PM by Dwarden »

Drasizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 12, 2019, 05:20:36 PM »

New to the game and trying out different mods. So any faction/ship/arsenal mods that work particularly well with this one? Nothing too unbalanced.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:26:00 PM by Drasizard »

KronaSamu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mod info
« Reply #2515 on: September 12, 2019, 06:53:16 PM »

Why can I find information about what this mod does in more detail than one bullet point list?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4b "Mambo No. 9" (update 2019-09-07)
« Reply #2516 on: September 13, 2019, 05:20:23 AM »

Catching up on questions and such in this thread:

How to disable version checker integrated in Nex?
There's now a setting in settings.json for that.

Can you expand the outposts function and let the player eventually grow the outpost to an inhabited station?
It'd be nice in some places, but I'd have to work out a bunch of potential issues. e.g. does making a bunch of autonomous outposts with patrol HQs/military bases in a single star system become the new defense meta?
Well, I might take a look further down the road.

I'm sure this has been said before but are there any plans to add some kind of defensive fleet expedition? Right now Its too easy for the ai to take planets with 8 fleets or lose planets to 8 fleets. There could be some kind of permanent grand defense fleet which goes in between systems under a faction's control which stops for a given amount of time or a defensive form of invasion fleets. I find it strange when a faction loses its a planet without sending any kind of reinforcements to it.
"Brawl mode" (toggled in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json) generates defense fleets (which are there to compensate for larger invasion fleets).
Beyond that, the expectation is currently that the invasion fleets are more or less balanced against the target system's patrols + stations. Some sort of mobile "strategic reserve" thing that fights both player and NPC invasions would be nice, though. (At least once I figure out what the implementation will actually look like, at any rate)

Found a bug in you generateBlueprintStock function. For fighter wings you're actually checking for knowsWeapon instead of knowsFighter.
Good catch! Thanks, will fix.

i got tricky question

is there way to make work those other starting options from lesser mods ?
nexerelin overrides those starting choices

it would be nice to get e.g. some experimental switch (setting) to try those
Supporting them natively on my end will introduce more code/UI complications than I want to deal with, I think. The modders can always add any Nex custom starts they deem suitable.

Why does it cost a monthly fee to store things at an outpost? The player already pays a monthly upkeep fee and they don't generate an income.
Well, mostly because I hadn't bothered to change the storage code yet. (I plan to, for this and also for autonomous colonies)
For now, you can put normal commodities in the Local Resources submarket. And say the outpost storage fee represents the cost of securing items in it against theft (and AI cores refuse to be put in storage because they'll be lonely in there).

New to the game and trying out different mods. So any faction/ship/arsenal mods that work particularly well with this one? Nothing too unbalanced.
Most of the mods in this category that have been around for some time should work well.
The mods on DynaSector's supported mod list lists the most famous and reputable ones (although not all of them are available for Starsector 0.9.1 yet); if you ask on the Discord you can get more recommendations.

Why can I find information about what this mod does in more detail than one bullet point list?
"Where", I assume you mean? There isn't really such a list, unfortunately, although I think most people who've already played a game of vanilla Starsector can pick it up as they go.
I ought to write a quickstart guide... eventually.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: September 13, 2019, 07:55:43 AM »

oh, so one can add premade custom starts similar like faction config etc.?
\%mod%\data\config\exerelin
\%mod%\data\config\exerelinFactionConfig

is anywhere example how to define those to seamlessly expand existing Nexerelin custom starts ?

i don't see it in the first post / FAQ nor wiki https://bitbucket.org/Histidine/exerelin/wiki/browse/

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:07 AM »

I was just wondering if there was a way to sort of calm things down when it comes to wars and invasions. I'm barely starting and factions are losing home systems already.

I've done some searching, and found that increasing the PointsRequiredForInvasionFleet means invasions happen less frequently, is there anything else in the config that can be fiddled with to make wars and invasions less common?

Thanks.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 13, 2019, 01:42:22 PM »

I think permanent "mega" fleets are possible in every core world. Just use the code that Named Bounties use except make it so that every major factions Core World has a "Admiral" that is in the Military tab, and Admirals get a capital ship with 10 level 20 officers and all capitals / carriers.

Just spit balling ideas.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 396