Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014087 times)

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2445 on: September 05, 2019, 08:24:39 PM »

I'll wait for your .9.4 colony patch then before I mess with colony intervals.

I changed the npc colony growth multiplier to 1 so hopefully it works fine now. Though since npc's don't have growth incentive like the player I might have to make the multiplier higher.

I also reduced the cost of agent actions by half since the cost scaling is steep for something that could easily backfire. Personally I always found it easier to just raid & disrupt a planet directly instead of investing in agents. Diplomatic consequences are trivial because the faction then just sues for peace(Maybe take a look into more dangerous vengeance fleets?).

I'll report back how the changes feel after I do an another campaign.

Out of curiosity, does modifying that kind of variable work for an ongoing game, or would it require a new one?

Trulock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: September 06, 2019, 07:17:57 AM »

Hi,

Just wanted to say I am having a blast with this mod. Really hitting the spot and it adds a lot of depth to an already amazing game.

Just want to know if a situation I ran into is considered a bug or working as intended. My current(first)  campaign I started off as a pirate and it went well. Had to be sneaky to get anywhere but I soon got the hang of it. Yesterday I started a colony and was 100 with pirates still. Then I ran across some Pirate Maurauders or something out in deep space in an unexplored system while looking for expansion planets and they were hostile to me. I am fine with that since harr pirates and all no honor etc but I did not have an option to disengage and when I spanked them my rep dropped with pirates from 100 to -50 and my commission was revoked.

I rolled with it and am fine with my current game state as is just wanted to get some clarity on this and let you know if you are not aware.

Again thanks for an amazing mod.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: September 06, 2019, 08:34:36 AM »

Hi,

Just wanted to say I am having a blast with this mod. Really hitting the spot and it adds a lot of depth to an already amazing game.

Just want to know if a situation I ran into is considered a bug or working as intended. My current(first)  campaign I started off as a pirate and it went well. Had to be sneaky to get anywhere but I soon got the hang of it. Yesterday I started a colony and was 100 with pirates still. Then I ran across some Pirate Maurauders or something out in deep space in an unexplored system while looking for expansion planets and they were hostile to me. I am fine with that since harr pirates and all no honor etc but I did not have an option to disengage and when I spanked them my rep dropped with pirates from 100 to -50 and my commission was revoked.

I rolled with it and am fine with my current game state as is just wanted to get some clarity on this and let you know if you are not aware.

Again thanks for an amazing mod.

Yeah thats vanilla behavior.

There is two types of pirates.

Pirates that spawn from planets / stations (this includes convoys / patrols / armada's), and randomly generated pirates (this is usually for bounties / exploration).

The first is covered by your reputation. The second doesn't give a *** if your the Devil itself, they will attack anyway. Thats how their behavior works. They're kinda like stranded people with no contact with the outside; they don't know who you are and just think your somebody to rob so they can get back to civilization / whatever pirates do in their free time.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: September 06, 2019, 10:51:48 AM »

I'll wait for your .9.4 colony patch then before I mess with colony intervals.

I changed the npc colony growth multiplier to 1 so hopefully it works fine now. Though since npc's don't have growth incentive like the player I might have to make the multiplier higher.

I also reduced the cost of agent actions by half since the cost scaling is steep for something that could easily backfire. Personally I always found it easier to just raid & disrupt a planet directly instead of investing in agents. Diplomatic consequences are trivial because the faction then just sues for peace(Maybe take a look into more dangerous vengeance fleets?).

I'll report back how the changes feel after I do an another campaign.

Out of curiosity, does modifying that kind of variable work for an ongoing game, or would it require a new one?
In general changing any .json file affects your current game as the values are reloaded every time the game starts up
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4b "Mambo No. 9" (update 2019-09-07)
« Reply #2449 on: September 07, 2019, 04:31:57 AM »

Update with assorted improvements.
Actually Playtested This Timeā„¢

Nexerelin v0.9.4b
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.4b
* Fix outposts stockpiling the wrong commodities
* Fix decivilized trade event being in debug mode

v0.9.4
* Add "diplomacy profile" intel
    * Intent is to make diplomacy a bit less opaque
* Improvements/fixes to diplomacy AI
* Diplomacy base interval 10 days -> 15
* Random sector enhancements
    * Stations now found in asteroid belts/fields and rings, no longer appear around non-gas-giant planets
    * Factions are less likely to build mining when ore/rare ore deposits are marginal
        * Such planets are also less likely to be colonized later
    * Ensure each faction has a starting heavy industry (if it would normally get one) in Derelict Empire mode
    * Ensure someone has a synchrotron core, if none were generated normally
* Players can build automated outposts around asteroids and uninhabited planets, with 'waystation-lite' functionality
* Modify bar delivery event
    * Less "greedy" about going to faraway destinations
    * Don't request deliveries to Derelict Empire markets
* Heavy Armaments can be used in player invasions
* Small factions will have reduced maximum invasion size
* NPC markets/colonies:
    * May build new structures and industries on size up
    * Properly handle colony expeditions when interval is short
    * Colony expedition launcher retries faster if event fails to generate
* New config options
    * enableInvasions: Set to false to disable invasions while keeping raids
    * allyVictories: Disables ally victories if false
* Procurement missions will temporarily increase local supply of that commodity, if done through legal channels
* Blueprint trader won't sell no_bp_drop items
* GUI
    * New game dialog improvements
        * Display starting fleet after selection
        * Move Prism Freeport and starting scenario to "other options" menu (prevents sector settings menu from overflowing on 768 px height screens)
    * Add "go to agent" button on player agent actions
    * List heavy industry markets in faction directory
    * Pirate activity intel doesn't inappropriately display relationship modifiers for accessibility/stability penalties
    * Add/update some tooltips
    * Fix UI issues when player is docked at a planet's station, sells the station, then transfers the market
* Bugfixes
    * Fix brawl mode defense fleets not despawning
    * Fix independents not spawning by default in random sector
    * Fix invasions/raids being spawned from hidden bases
    * Fix some issues with local resources submarket
    * Fix Prism still having military submarket, high-end seller CR bug
[close]

Hi,

Thanks!

Sorry, not sure which mod adds a fleet with the name "Marauders" or otherwise having the behavior you describe. Was this after doing anything in particular (say, salvaging an object that was described as triggering a trap beacon)?

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: September 07, 2019, 05:01:46 AM »

Thnx for wark with that mod, but i see some stupid things.

Some NPC colonyes do not lvl up whan reach 100% grow. And let them buid more stations, more upgrades and other structures/

And one more thing, if we have some raid in our system from planet A hostile fraction B and we capture that market and give it to fraction C, than raiders forces from that planet change theis belonging from fraction B to C, becomes friendly if C is friendly, but thay do not stop raiding, also they do not attack players fraction, but we still have raiding debuff on players colonyes from fraction B. (if we'll hunt those new raiders belongings to fraction C raid will stops, as C becomes hostile how it shoild be)

If you do not undestand all what i say, please, inform me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:06:15 AM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 07, 2019, 07:54:43 AM »

* Players can build automated outposts around asteroids and uninhabited planets, with 'waystation-lite' functionality

Wow, cool. I really like the little features like that. Can you expand the outposts function and let the player eventually grow the outpost to an inhabited station? More interaction with commodities is always nice, they are always just Credits in another form. I wish the crew could also eat the cheap food in the cargo hold to reduce the cost of them munching on expensive Supplies.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: September 07, 2019, 12:09:52 PM »

Wow, cool. I really like the little features like that. Can you expand the outposts function and let the player eventually grow the outpost to an inhabited station? More interaction with commodities is always nice, they are always just Credits in another form. I wish the crew could also eat the cheap food in the cargo hold to reduce the cost of them munching on expensive Supplies.

Supplies aren't just used to feed crew, they are there for maintenance. Space isn't exactly the best place for a bunch of complex machines, reinforced steel, and other materials bolted and put together. Ships degrade in space, so the supplies are used to keep them consistently repaired every day.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: September 07, 2019, 12:27:55 PM »

I wish the crew could also eat the cheap food in the cargo hold to reduce the cost of them munching on expensive Supplies.
I think there is actually a line in core settings.json for that, but they don't eat basic food with it enabled, but food in form of supplies.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:31:01 PM by Hastur »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: September 07, 2019, 12:43:30 PM »

Supplies aren't just used to feed crew, they are there for maintenance. Space isn't exactly the best place for a bunch of complex machines, reinforced steel, and other materials bolted and put together. Ships degrade in space, so the supplies are used to keep them consistently repaired every day.

Supplies kind of represent an abstraction collection of repair bits, ammo, food, and clothing for your crew. It's all lumped into one commodity for ease.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 07, 2019, 12:53:44 PM »

Hist, consider replacing morality with behaviour or some other more descriptive thing that would influence a faction's behaviour. While evil and amoral suggest a faction would backstab you in a heartbeat, good and neutral are less clear (since this is still a wargame). For example, in vanilla, Persean League sends expeditions for making basically any money, while Luddic Church's only reason is you having free port switched on. In Nex, they both have "good" alignment. Actual morality is less useful, since Starsector is about combat, so you want even the "good guys" (which we shouldn't be having, but that's not for today) to be fighting one another.
I think it would be better, if factions alignment/behaviour types, like vindictive (more aggressive after getting reputation low, reduced chance for positive events after getting low reputation, dislikes other vindictive factions), peaceful (focused on running their own matters, thus less expeditions and more war weariness, dislike of warmonger types), etc., in order to make it even clearer how can you expect a certain faction to act, at least currently.

UGANDAN_WARRIOR

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: September 07, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »

* Modify bar delivery event
Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. My easiest credits in ss so far
Spoiler

[close]

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 07, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »

with version Star Trek Eras 0.0.2
there are two crashes when using this mod + Nexerelin

when i selected "Enable Random Core Worlds"
then Klingons and Federation lead to crash
both factions are enabled by default, one must disable those to avoid crash

so far no crash with Vulkan, Borg, Romulans enabled

crash details in respective mod thread here https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16224.msg261735#msg261735

posting here just in case someone else has the problem or it's not that mod but Nexerelin's issue

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: September 07, 2019, 06:27:30 PM »

also i'm trying to figure out what is this error

Code
72321 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading data/campaign/procgen/planet_gen_data.csv
72322 [Thread-7] ERROR exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["id"] not found.
Spoiler
72322 [Thread-7] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
[close]

if it's problem or not

p.s. great work on the mod, really enjoying it
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 08:43:35 PM by Dwarden »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: September 07, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »

and one crash when using "Enable Random Core Worlds" + "Custom Scenario" : "Derelict Empire"

Spoiler
4797429 [Thread-4] WARN  exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig  - Faction config ae_ixbattlegroup not found, using default
4797622 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Ose Post to Zatar
4797644 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaignPlugins.SRD_AIConversionNexerelinAdderPlugin.advance(SRD_AIConversionNexerelinAdderPlugin.java:36)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 396