Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013342 times)

BobbyFatt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2430 on: September 03, 2019, 04:25:04 PM »

I haven't seen any defense forces is that normal? I played for a little bit with the mod, the luddic church zerg'd the Sindrian homeworld and took it in the first year with no defense put up. Considering they're the most concentrated faction in terms of proximity of planets and that was where their forge n stuff was it was pretty lame. Otherwise really like the idea of  the mod! Just what i want, actual expansion. just needs to scale invading forces with their fleet str percentage or something similar. And a way for the one being invaded to react, if that's even possible.

Maybe defense is already in and well implemented but i followed multiple invasions and they were all steam-rolls and then the other faction would steam roll them back.

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: September 03, 2019, 04:47:15 PM »

Which file in particular does this need to be edited in? I don't want to break everything
Spoiler
[close]

Thank you. Glad there was a way to change that parameter, this will make things less of a pain in the ass.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: September 03, 2019, 05:21:33 PM »

I haven't seen any defense forces is that normal?
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:24:49 PM by Hastur »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

BobbyFatt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: September 03, 2019, 07:05:57 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, this is much better, what exactly do the multipliers below it dictate, fleet sizes?

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: September 04, 2019, 12:28:52 AM »

What exactly do the multipliers below it dictate, fleet sizes?
Pretty much that, its a random multiplier range where you'll get vanilla fleet size multiplied by a random value somewhere between min and max. The standard settings are min 2 max 4 which can result in some 30+ invading fleets and something close to the same amount of defenders, which is kinda overkill for ppl playing on symbian Nokia 3310's.

As far as i have observed 7 out of 10 invasions usually succeed in capturing the market, the rest is usually defended by the ground forces not the in system defense fleets.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2435 on: September 04, 2019, 04:31:44 AM »

Thanks for helping, Hastur :)

I made this account because I want to thank you for doing such an amazing job. This mod has tremendously increased my enjoyment of Starsector. I'm sure many others feel the same.
Thanks!

1). Will my own faction periodically target Panther & Pirate bases like the major AI factions? If not, is there a setting I can modify to make it so? I would rather not have to drop loads of creds everytime to order an invasion fleet.
There's no such setting, alas.
(Although if another eligible faction is also targeted by pirate activity or Pather cells from the same base, they might do it for you)

2). I read somewhere that being friendly+ with Pirates will remove raids and reduce the stability penalty to 0. Is this true? Is so does this also apply to the Luddic Path?
Pirates raids won't affect you if you're non-hostile (this is vanilla behaviour), and (Nex-specific) higher relationship levels will reduce the accessibility and stability penalties, yeah. (Exact effects here)

Luddic Path isn't affected.

3). When changing json settings regarding Diplomacy Frequency, should I increase or decrease the value if I want less diplomacy overall?
It's an interval (in days); increasing it will make diplomacy events occur less often.

Have you considered opening up a Patreon?
Not sure I want to set up anything involving taking money for my mods, for a number of reasons I won't get into here. I appreciate the thought, though!

LoL, well what are friends best at ? At stabbing you in the back obviously. Did HMI declare war on you while not being Hostile ? 

Well yes, they declared war because of a couple of bad rolls (diplomacy events aka drama).
Now they want to stop but Tri-tech people are pressuring them into fighting me (they still don't want to fight tho)

Edit: Are Tri-tech just a bunch of sadistic *** who want to see their underlings fight?
Factions can do that, yeah. Kind of screwy but also makes a certain amount of sense.

You can search for AllianceVoter in starsector.log to see what goes into the voting decision, although the numbers may not mean much (it relies heavily on "disposition", which is currently a hidden value).

Is there a way to mod the amount of governed colonies by the player? I cant find enough Alpha cores or freelance admins around.

Spoiler
Code
"baseMaxOutposts":4,
"baseMaxAdmins":4,
"colonyOverMaxPenalty":2,

settings.json 205 - 207
[close]
Note that Nexerelin overrides baseMaxAdmins in its own settings.json, so you'll want to edit that as well.

By default the factions don't specifically create defense fleets in reaction to invasions, but the patrols found normally in a star system will still be present and fight the invading fleets. (Were they all gone from around Sindria in this particular case?)

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: September 04, 2019, 04:43:34 AM »

Thanks for helping, Hastur :)

Np, just sharing a bit of disinformation and looking around for curious user cases, basically 2 stones with one bird.   

random

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: September 04, 2019, 07:43:43 AM »

...basically 2 stones with one bird.   

There is something wrong with this statement (sorry, had to point it out)

random

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: September 04, 2019, 07:56:39 AM »

Factions can do that, yeah. Kind of screwy but also makes a certain amount of sense.

You can search for AllianceVoter in starsector.log to see what goes into the voting decision, although the numbers may not mean much (it relies heavily on "disposition", which is currently a hidden value).

So, I took a look at the logs but I don't know where is my factions name. Is it "default"?
[attached image of log]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: September 04, 2019, 08:02:52 AM »

...basically 2 stones with one bird.   

There is something wrong with this statement (sorry, had to point it out)
I know it kinda sounds confusing but bear with me,
many online “experts” believe the usage originated in the story of Daedalus and Icarus, who escaped from the Labyrinth on Crete by making wings and flying out, according to Greek mythology. Daedalus supposedly got the feathers to make the wings by killing a bird with two stone.
Another popular one is "the early worm catches the bird",
What's the origin of the phrase 'The early worm catches the bird'? This is first recorded in John Ray's A collection of English proverbs 1670, 1678: "The early worm catcheth the bird." Clearly, the title of the work indicates that this was considered proverbial even in the 17th century.

random

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: September 04, 2019, 08:15:09 AM »

Daedalus supposedly got the feathers to make the wings by killing a bird with two stone.

So was he terrible at throwing so instead of 1 he threw 2 stones, or did he hold the stones and beat the bird to death?

Edit: I need to stop asking stupid questions... but it only feels natural.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 08:16:53 AM by random »

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: September 04, 2019, 08:20:14 AM »

Daedalus supposedly got the feathers to make the wings by killing a bird with two stone.

So was he terrible at throwing so instead of 1 he threw 2 stones, or did he hold the stones and beat the bird to death?
Yeah quick thinking, I share your second assumption,  Icarus had a troubled childhood and was pretty prone to sudden fits of anger coupled with being lost in that labyrinth, i scare to imagine what must have passed through his mind when he got hold of that poor bird.   

asdlkj1z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: September 04, 2019, 07:44:32 PM »

Ok so I messed with some settings in the json.

1). I reduced the fleetRequestCostPerFP to 200, that should mean its half as cheap for me to call pirate/path destruction fleets right?
2). What does changing warWearinessCeasefireReduction or warWearinessPeaceTreatyReduction mean?
3). I set maxNPCColonySize to 10 and maxNPCNewColonySize to 10. Does this mean NPC colonies will actually grow to bigger sizes now within a 10-20 cycle campaign?
4). I set colonyExpeditionInterval to 120 so that should mean a new colony is formed every 4 months of a cycle right?
5). Where is the setting for diplomacy frequency? I can't seem to find it in the json file.

Thanks for your quick answers Hastur & Histidine
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 08:18:31 PM by Jester »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2443 on: September 05, 2019, 04:56:51 AM »

So, I took a look at the logs but I don't know where is my factions name. Is it "default"?
[attached image of log]
"default" means what it applies to every faction that isn't specified (which does include player).
Although that screenshotted value is only for the "base" disposition, there are other factors involved as well. You can see some of those with the printDisposition console command.

A proper player-facing display of dispositions (and some important fixes to how it's handled) are coming in the next update.

1). I reduced the fleetRequestCostPerFP to 200, that should mean its half as cheap for me to call pirate/path destruction fleets right?
2). What does changing warWearinessCeasefireReduction or warWearinessPeaceTreatyReduction mean?
3). I set maxNPCColonySize to 10 and maxNPCNewColonySize to 10. Does this mean NPC colonies will actually grow to bigger sizes now within a 10-20 cycle campaign?
4). I set colonyExpeditionInterval to 120 so that should mean a new colony is formed every 4 months of a cycle right?
5). Where is the setting for diplomacy frequency? I can't seem to find it in the json file.
1) Yes
2) It's how much war weariness the factions lose when signing a Ceasefire or Peace Treaty (when the diplomatic events with those specific names) come up.
3) It'll allow them to grow, yeah. Although by default NPC colonies have half the player's growth rate (see nex_npcColonyGrowthMult in settings.json) so it'll take a while.
4) In principle, yes. But see this
5) Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json

asdlkj1z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: September 05, 2019, 08:00:51 AM »

I'll wait for your .9.4 colony patch then before I mess with colony intervals.

I changed the npc colony growth multiplier to 1 so hopefully it works fine now. Though since npc's don't have growth incentive like the player I might have to make the multiplier higher.

I also reduced the cost of agent actions by half since the cost scaling is steep for something that could easily backfire. Personally I always found it easier to just raid & disrupt a planet directly instead of investing in agents. Diplomatic consequences are trivial because the faction then just sues for peace(Maybe take a look into more dangerous vengeance fleets?).

I'll report back how the changes feel after I do an another campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 396