Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013888 times)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2370 on: August 23, 2019, 06:06:06 AM »

Im not sure what could cause this but every time i generate a new sector there it is, in the farthest place sometimes left and some right, a goddamit luddic church planet.
What i have to change in the configs to stop npcs expanding?
Disable for one faction: open its config file (vanilla factions have theirs in Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig) and delete the colonyExpeditionChance line, or set it to zero
Disable for all factions: Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json, set colonyExpeditionInterval to 99999

FYI, that Luddic Church colony may not actually be coming from this mod. Do you happen to have Vayra's Sector mod enabled? As an example of how to use its procgen entity feature, that mod adds a Luddic Church station named Blessed Reach to a random system when creating a new game. So, if the station that's annoying you is named "Blessed Reach" then disabling Nexerelin's colony expeditions won't help...

dorgus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: August 23, 2019, 08:08:26 AM »

Updated the hotfix jar with the colony expedition improvements. Place in Nexerelin/jars

You're amazing! Thank you so much!

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: August 23, 2019, 08:12:59 AM »

This seems unreasonable...

Spoiler
[close]

I think there was also some associated bug. Blackrock was eliminated from the sector but had a resurgence. Immediately after the resurgence was successful, this raid was sent. I then went and captured the only Blackrock world, eliminating them again, but the raid was not canceled even though it was still 70+ days before the raid gathered when I captured the planet.
Hm. Well that is a lot of fleets, but I expect it wouldn't spawn that many if the defenses didn't have a chance. How many stations & military bases do you have in that system, and do they have alpha cores?

On the raid not being cancelled: It's coming from the resurgence base, not the planet... which it shouldn't do. Fixed (not retroactively, sorry!) in above hotfix.

I have 2 max stations and 2 high commands in the system and I think I put some alpha cores in them...

But wait, if the attacking fleets just scale to whatever defenses you have, then there's no reason to increase your defenses... I thought putting alpha cores in them would make it so I wouldn't need to babysit, but I guess instead it means I have to chain battle 18 invasion fleets... fun

Maybe the number of fleets should be capped or something.

edit: it also seems like the maximum strength of invasion/raid a faction can send should be related to the strength of the faction. Maybe number of markets or total population at markets with heavy industry or something. It just doesn't make sense that single world (where every industry is disrupted for 100+ days because they just overthrew the government) could assemble an 18 fleet death ball.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:59:10 AM by intrinsic_parity »

Mechanist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: August 23, 2019, 10:53:09 AM »

FYI, that Luddic Church colony may not actually be coming from this mod. Do you happen to have Vayra's Sector mod enabled? As an example of how to use its procgen entity feature, that mod adds a Luddic Church station named Blessed Reach to a random system when creating a new game. So, if the station that's annoying you is named "Blessed Reach" then disabling Nexerelin's colony expeditions won't help...
I could be a coincidence but i do have vayras sector, and the system has in fact blessed reach, but turning off their expeditions seemed to stop the spawning, if i see it again ill search in the vayra config, thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2374 on: August 23, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »

But wait, if the attacking fleets just scale to whatever defenses you have, then there's no reason to increase your defenses... I thought putting alpha cores in them would make it so I wouldn't need to babysit, but I guess instead it means I have to chain battle 18 invasion fleets... fun

Maybe the number of fleets should be capped or something.

edit: it also seems like the maximum strength of invasion/raid a faction can send should be related to the strength of the faction. Maybe number of markets or total population at markets with heavy industry or something. It just doesn't make sense that single world (where every industry is disrupted for 100+ days because they just overthrew the government) could assemble an 18 fleet death ball.
It scales to local defenses, but not completely; i.e. the amount of strength the defenses gain from any base/station upgrade is higher than that any would-be attacker gains.
(I realize it doesn't look like that in this particular case. Still, let me know how the battle goes; or you could upload the save, I'm curious and want to try it.)

There's also the downside for the attacker in that they need to wait longer before the next raid/invasion.

Capping strength based on faction economy is a good idea though, I'll probably do something like that in a later version.

Clibanarius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: August 24, 2019, 12:32:37 AM »

Oh, I finally had a destabilizing colony pop up in my game and got to the planet to see what the dealy was. Looks like Xeno-Fungus (shrooms) from Unknown Skies is being a turd and doing -3 stability, which is just enough to put this core world into the red on stability. Screenshot here, not that I imagine it's gonna help with Nexerelin too much, haha.

https://i.imgur.com/mTnHZBi.png

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: August 24, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »

Is there a way to disable AI planet conquest? I prefer the vanilla behavior of the AI skirmishing and raiding each other with the occasional small world getting decivilized but the overall borders stay the same(ie: dark ages style limited warfare). I've tried setting "baseInvasionPointsPerFaction" to 0 but this also seems to disable raiding missions as well.

Is there a way to keep the AI throwing fleets at eachother (creating market disruptions, salvage and fleet fights) without them actually taking territory?

Shuhei

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: August 25, 2019, 12:50:19 AM »

What is the purpose of autonomous market option? From the description I see only cons.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: August 25, 2019, 02:25:33 AM »

What is the purpose of autonomous market option? From the description I see only cons.

So that you can keep a colony in your faction without your or your admins directly controlling it. There are many possible reasons for doing this. The short list is, your over your control limit for colonies and admins, you have no alphacores, the colony is garbage but you still want to control it or have it fly your flag, ect.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:30:44 AM by Alphascrub »

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: August 25, 2019, 08:56:51 AM »

So that you can keep a colony in your faction without your or your admins directly controlling it. There are many possible reasons for doing this. The short list is, your over your control limit for colonies and admins, you have no alphacores, the colony is garbage but you still want to control it or have it fly your flag, ect.

Also, they still count for market calculations, boosting the profitability of other colonies exports, while also upping their neighbor's accessibility. It's particularly useful for worlds that don't produce much, like techmines or military bases built on a random rock

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: August 25, 2019, 10:44:36 AM »

It scales to local defenses, but not completely; i.e. the amount of strength the defenses gain from any base/station upgrade is higher than that any would-be attacker gains.
(I realize it doesn't look like that in this particular case. Still, let me know how the battle goes; or you could upload the save, I'm curious and want to try it.)

Well it's good to know that it doesn't scale perfectly, and I just got unlucky. I unfortunately didn't keep a save from before I fought off the invasion but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought. A lot of the fleets just chased my patrols around in hyperspace, and they trickled into the actual system a few at a time, so I was able to defeat them in relatively even battles with the help of my patrols. It was also super late game so I have like 10 capitals in storage that I could enlist for the defense. It probably took me 2 or 3 hours of battling before it was all said and done though.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: August 25, 2019, 12:46:19 PM »

Question.
If AI colonize and have enabled planetary growth(both for colonies and core worlds) do they build new industries when they can? Or rebuild destroyed ones?

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: August 25, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »

I'm doing my 1st Nexerelin playtrough and have a question; Can you ever initiate things like alliances and ceasefires or is it all automated?

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: August 25, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »

Experiencing a weird bug. See pic below.

Spoiler
[close]

54+19 is 73. Not sure how it's coming up otherwise.

Honestly, this does not effect gameplay at all as far as I can tell, but it feels like it might be indicative of something more important breaking down behind the scenes. Just thought you should be aware of it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2384 on: August 26, 2019, 04:08:58 AM »

Is there a way to disable AI planet conquest? I prefer the vanilla behavior of the AI skirmishing and raiding each other with the occasional small world getting decivilized but the overall borders stay the same(ie: dark ages style limited warfare). I've tried setting "baseInvasionPointsPerFaction" to 0 but this also seems to disable raiding missions as well.

Is there a way to keep the AI throwing fleets at eachother (creating market disruptions, salvage and fleet fights) without them actually taking territory?
Raids are currently tied to invasions (each faction will invade, then raid, then invade, and so forth) and there isn't a setting to separate them. Sorry!

Experiencing a weird bug. See pic below.

Spoiler
[close]

54+19 is 73. Not sure how it's coming up otherwise.

Honestly, this does not effect gameplay at all as far as I can tell, but it feels like it might be indicative of something more important breaking down behind the scenes. Just thought you should be aware of it.
Turns out the function used for each member faction's size was excluding non-invadable markets (when it shouldn't have), while the alliance total was counting them. This affected a bunch of stuff, although apparently not anything with any real effect.
Fixed, thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 396