Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013410 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2355 on: August 20, 2019, 06:26:49 AM »

For anyone using brawl mode: here's a hotfix for defense fleets not despawning (should apply retroactively to those for invasions that have already ended). Place in Nexerelin/jars.

Skharr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: August 20, 2019, 10:04:56 AM »

For anyone using brawl mode: here's a hotfix for defense fleets not despawning (should apply retroactively to those for invasions that have already ended). Place in Nexerelin/jars.

A BIG thanks to you ! To fast for hyperspace

Jastebro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: August 20, 2019, 03:22:26 PM »

I'd like to submit a bug.

I just struck up a new game, with the Derelict empire enabled this time. The derelicts are hostile to everyone & you can't have human interactions on their planets, since they're bots.

Now, the courier mission system doesn't know that, and will frequently give you missions to a Derelict colony.
Even if you reach it with transponders off, there's no human to pick up the goods you delivered, because they're all robots.
Essentially, the delivery missions are broken & cannot be completed with the Derelicts as a mission target.

The mission system needs to be tweaked to no give delivery missions to Derelict colonies, if playing a game with Derelict Empire allowed.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:24:16 PM by Jastebro »

dorgus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: August 21, 2019, 10:29:57 AM »

Getting back at this.. it's April 209 right now and there were two successful colonizations. So it's working!
But... is it possible to tweak the mod's files to accelerate the expansion? I looked into the config files but I couldn't pinpoint anything.
exerelin_config.json -> colonyExpeditionInterval

Getting back to this... i changed the value to 1, and also nex_expeditionDelayPerExistinColony to 1. It's been a few years and they didn't colonize anything else. How does those options work?

I basically want to trigger a big expansion boom, just for a while, so things get a little more interesting.

It's November 212 and the NPCs only colonized two new systems.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:11:01 PM by dorgus »

Jorderon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: August 21, 2019, 12:10:29 PM »

I really enjoy the mod!

I have a question about Free Port status on autonomous colonies in the player faction. I'm in the late game of a playthrough, and the situation I encounter most is that I conquer a market and immediately grant it autonomy so it won't push me over the colony limit, but would like them to be designated Free Ports when the space port comes back online, as it is usually disrupted in the invasion. This doesn't seem to be elegantly possible, and I'd like to have some kind of player faction menu where I can just say "Everything is a free port" for my faction.

Is there a setting in a player-faction menu or something I'm missing that would allow me to make all the autonomous colonies become free ports, or any other mechanism to get autonomous colonies to be free ports without traveling to the colony and revoking autonomy and doing it that way?

muxicboxsuprhero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: August 21, 2019, 02:08:17 PM »

Found a bug where my own faction invaded one of my colonies with an invasion force when another faction was supposed to.  I was allied to DA at the time and Persean League was set to invade my colony.  I placed my fleet in orbit around the colony and lo-and-behold a DA invasion force came to take it over and it was transferred to Persean League control.  When interacting with the force while it was invading I got a friendly message (100/100).

Mechanist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: August 22, 2019, 12:52:11 PM »

Im sure is not a bug but this works wonky:

From the start of my recent game ludd church expanded to a planet in the extreme border of the sector and im using a 1.5 bigger sector so is like almost 50 ly from core worlds.
The thing is somehow this planet is SO NEEDY that 6 of 7 (somethimes more) bar carry-cargo missions are there and im conteplating carpet bombing of the entire sector cause i cant make my normal shenanigans because.
They are good missions give lots of credits and all, but is so damn far and have nothing to do while coming back.
I dont know if is probably a vanilla problem as im so used to nex that i dont really know where npc expansion really belongs.

There is any way the bars can give a more varied sets of missions?
If i do enough for them they will stop crying for help in every single bar of the game to let the normal missions appear again?
The only solution is erasing their ludd-loving faces from existence?

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: August 22, 2019, 01:05:27 PM »

I'm really enjoying the mod so far. If you play with many modded factions, the galaxy quickly becomes a very lively place indeed.

I would like to ask a question, though. I'm not entirely sure whether I should post here or on the DME page, but I'll try here first.

One of the most interesting aspects of Nex for me is the possibility to have custom starts. The Blade Breaker one from DME is especially interesting for me as I like the extra challenge of mostly hostile NPC factions but with a strong starting ship.

That said, would it be possible for me to change the starting ship assigned to that custom start ? Specifically, when you pick the "super ship" option, you start with a Sparrowhawk, whereas I'd rather have a Black Lancer. Is there a file I can modify to make it possible ?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2363 on: August 22, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »

Getting back at this.. it's April 209 right now and there were two successful colonizations. So it's working!
But... is it possible to tweak the mod's files to accelerate the expansion? I looked into the config files but I couldn't pinpoint anything.

Getting back to this... i changed the value to 1, and also nex_expeditionDelayPerExistinColony to 1. It's been a few years and they didn't colonize anything else. How does those options work?

I basically want to trigger a big expansion boom, just for a while, so things get a little more interesting.

It's possible they simply ran out of planets they decided were worth colonizing. The default range limit (from the random planet it picks) is 20 LY, and it's moderately fussy about the planets it picks. (You can search for "colony" in starsector.log to see some debugging information)
Also the time before retry if its attempt to pick a colonization target fails is hardcoded at 15 days, so that can act as a slowing factor. I'll cap the delay to the same value as colonyExpeditionInterval in the next version.

(There's also a bug where colony expeditions don't check if someone else is already going there, because it never comes up with default settings)

If you're sufficiently annoyed, you can enter (copy and paste) the following in console to try and spawn a bunch of events. (Press Up in console to run last command)
Code: java
runcode exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager.getManager().spawnColonyExpedition();
Or if you're willing to wait a bit, I can upload a patch later to make the thing work properly on its own.

I really enjoy the mod!

I have a question about Free Port status on autonomous colonies in the player faction. I'm in the late game of a playthrough, and the situation I encounter most is that I conquer a market and immediately grant it autonomy so it won't push me over the colony limit, but would like them to be designated Free Ports when the space port comes back online, as it is usually disrupted in the invasion. This doesn't seem to be elegantly possible, and I'd like to have some kind of player faction menu where I can just say "Everything is a free port" for my faction.

Is there a setting in a player-faction menu or something I'm missing that would allow me to make all the autonomous colonies become free ports, or any other mechanism to get autonomous colonies to be free ports without traveling to the colony and revoking autonomy and doing it that way?
- Thanks!
- Sorry, there's no way to do that sort of thing at present.
Although I think I'll ask Alex to let free port always be toggleable, just that it doesn't take effect if the spaceport is down.

One of the most interesting aspects of Nex for me is the possibility to have custom starts. The Blade Breaker one from DME is especially interesting for me as I like the extra challenge of mostly hostile NPC factions but with a strong starting ship.

That said, would it be possible for me to change the starting ship assigned to that custom start ? Specifically, when you pick the "super ship" option, you start with a Sparrowhawk, whereas I'd rather have a Black Lancer. Is there a file I can modify to make it possible ?
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/the_deserter.json
At the bottom you have the following:
Code: json
    "startShipsSolo":["istl_starsylph_deserter_test"],
    "startShipsCombatSmall":["istl_slammer_std"],
    "startShipsCarrierSmall":["istl_curse_proto_test"],
    "startShipsSuper":["istl_stormkestrel_proto_test"],
Change the specified variants to whatever you like. You can look in the mod's data/variants folder for a list.

Im sure is not a bug but this works wonky:

From the start of my recent game ludd church expanded to a planet in the extreme border of the sector and im using a 1.5 bigger sector so is like almost 50 ly from core worlds.
The thing is somehow this planet is SO NEEDY that 6 of 7 (somethimes more) bar carry-cargo missions are there and im conteplating carpet bombing of the entire sector cause i cant make my normal shenanigans because.
They are good missions give lots of credits and all, but is so damn far and have nothing to do while coming back.
I dont know if is probably a vanilla problem as im so used to nex that i dont really know where npc expansion really belongs.

There is any way the bars can give a more varied sets of missions?
If i do enough for them they will stop crying for help in every single bar of the game to let the normal missions appear again?
The only solution is erasing their ludd-loving faces from existence?
Ouch. Yeah, the current bar quest delivery system seems to be very heavily weighed towards long trips. I may replace it in the future with my own version.
For now, yeah, you I guess you could sat bomb the colony (unlike core worlds it won't make you insta-hostile with the factions that hate atrocities, although you'll still lose a lot of reputation with them).
(Or dock with the market and enter the DestroyColony command)

Found a bug where my own faction invaded one of my colonies with an invasion force when another faction was supposed to.  I was allied to DA at the time and Persean League was set to invade my colony.  I placed my fleet in orbit around the colony and lo-and-behold a DA invasion force came to take it over and it was transferred to Persean League control.  When interacting with the force while it was invading I got a friendly message (100/100).
That... sounds really broken. Do you have a save from before the invasion (or saved no more than once afterwards, so it can be restored from the backup files)?
I don't know how the issue as described could even happen, but if I can see what exactly is going on I expect I can fix it.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: August 22, 2019, 07:12:04 PM »

This seems unreasonable...
Spoiler
[close]

I think there was also some associated bug. Blackrock was eliminated from the sector but had a resurgence. Immediately after the resurgence was successful, this raid was sent. I then went and captured the only Blackrock world, eliminating them again, but the raid was not canceled even though it was still 70+ days before the raid gathered when I captured the planet.

Mechanist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: August 22, 2019, 07:37:54 PM »

Im not sure what could cause this but every time i generate a new sector there it is, in the farthest place sometimes left and some right, a goddamit luddic church planet.
What i have to change in the configs to stop npcs expanding?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:40:10 PM by Mechanist »

dorgus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: August 22, 2019, 10:00:54 PM »

It's possible they simply ran out of planets they decided were worth colonizing. The default range limit (from the random planet it picks) is 20 LY, and it's moderately fussy about the planets it picks. (You can search for "colony" in starsector.log to see some debugging information)
Also the time before retry if its attempt to pick a colonization target fails is hardcoded at 15 days, so that can act as a slowing factor. I'll cap the delay to the same value as colonyExpeditionInterval in the next version.

(There's also a bug where colony expeditions don't check if someone else is already going there, because it never comes up with default settings)

If you're sufficiently annoyed, you can enter (copy and paste) the following in console to try and spawn a bunch of events. (Press Up in console to run last command)
Code: java
runcode exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager.getManager().spawnColonyExpedition();
Or if you're willing to wait a bit, I can upload a patch later to make the thing work properly on its own.

Thanks a lot! I'll try the code a bit. But I'm definitely willing to wait too!

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: August 23, 2019, 12:25:37 AM »

Found a bug I believe is from Nexerelin. Visit Novy Mir Starforge from DME with a contract and Nexerelin loads mining config. Couldn't exit the dialog menu.

232378 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 36
232379 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 37
232380 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 38
232380 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
330897 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin/miningConfig.json]
330902 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering]
330903 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Extratential Lanestate Union]
330904 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Foundation Of Borken]
330905 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\HMI]
330906 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Mayasuran Navy]
330906 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Neutrino corp]
330907 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
330908 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Tyrador Safeguard Coalition]
330909 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra's Sector DEV]
330912 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering]
330913 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Extratential Lanestate Union]
330914 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\HMI]
330915 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Neutrino corp]
330916 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
330917 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra's Sector DEV]
330920 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
380736 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.util.E  - Saving screenshot to C:\Fractal Softworks\Starsector91a\starsector-core\..\screenshots\screenshot000.png...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: August 23, 2019, 01:32:01 AM »

Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/the_deserter.json
At the bottom you have the following:
Code: json
    "startShipsSolo":["istl_starsylph_deserter_test"],
    "startShipsCombatSmall":["istl_slammer_std"],
    "startShipsCarrierSmall":["istl_curse_proto_test"],
    "startShipsSuper":["istl_stormkestrel_proto_test"],
Change the specified variants to whatever you like. You can look in the mod's data/variants folder for a list.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated !

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2369 on: August 23, 2019, 02:05:43 AM »

Updated the hotfix jar with the colony expedition improvements. Place in Nexerelin/jars

This seems unreasonable...

Spoiler
[close]

I think there was also some associated bug. Blackrock was eliminated from the sector but had a resurgence. Immediately after the resurgence was successful, this raid was sent. I then went and captured the only Blackrock world, eliminating them again, but the raid was not canceled even though it was still 70+ days before the raid gathered when I captured the planet.
Hm. Well that is a lot of fleets, but I expect it wouldn't spawn that many if the defenses didn't have a chance. How many stations & military bases do you have in that system, and do they have alpha cores?

On the raid not being cancelled: It's coming from the resurgence base, not the planet... which it shouldn't do. Fixed (not retroactively, sorry!) in above hotfix.

Im not sure what could cause this but every time i generate a new sector there it is, in the farthest place sometimes left and some right, a goddamit luddic church planet.
What i have to change in the configs to stop npcs expanding?
Disable for one faction: open its config file (vanilla factions have theirs in Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig) and delete the colonyExpeditionChance line, or set it to zero
Disable for all factions: Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json, set colonyExpeditionInterval to 99999

Found a bug I believe is from Nexerelin. Visit Novy Mir Starforge from DME with a contract and Nexerelin loads mining config. Couldn't exit the dialog menu.
Looks more like a weird interaction with the (vanilla) bar delivery missions, but I'll keep an eye out.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 396