Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013421 times)

Skharr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2325 on: August 18, 2019, 05:48:25 AM »

Hey there, i love your mod. Cant play without it.

But i think i found a Bug :

Im using brawler mode. Everything is fine, the invasion is coming, defenders are spawning and we get a big brawl. Nice, although it is bit rough if you get 10 - 15 invasion fleets with 30 capitals in it. Still, fun as hell. But the problem is : If i win the brawl my defence fleets wont despawn. They gather at the planet and stay there for ever. I observed it also with other factions. Defence fleets wont despawn and stay guarding in the orbit. Its getting bit rough to attack / raid any planet if there was an invasion. Because if they won, you get 5 fleets with 2-5 Capitals fleets patrolling the system.

And i have a question : How i interact with diplomacy ? Can i send peace treaty offers or declare direct wars (Without attack one of them) ?

And cheers bud for this nice mod, good work keep it up !  ;)

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: August 18, 2019, 06:42:26 AM »

I might just be unlucky but it seems like every time I get a trade delivery deal from the bar it is always just about 100 more storage space than I have available to me at the time. That either forces me to add in an extra cargo hull mod or purchase a new ship but the problem I find is that the next cargo delivery request is then again 100 more than I have and I find it keeps driving me to get or add more and more. I do not know it is by design or just pure bad luck but it has happened so many times to me I am starting to wonder if it is a bug with the calculations on what to offer me.

This happens to me too.

I was getting contracts for 6000 + cargo space, and I only had 4500. So I bought a massive super freighter that gave me 3500 cargo space, so I now have 8000 space.

I did that contract, and the MOMENT I finished the contract, I was getting 10000 + cargo space contracts.

I just stopped doing those contracts at that point and made profitable colonies instead.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: August 18, 2019, 07:09:47 AM »

I might just be unlucky but it seems like every time I get a trade delivery deal from the bar it is always just about 100 more storage space than I have available to me at the time. That either forces me to add in an extra cargo hull mod or purchase a new ship but the problem I find is that the next cargo delivery request is then again 100 more than I have and I find it keeps driving me to get or add more and more. I do not know it is by design or just pure bad luck but it has happened so many times to me I am starting to wonder if it is a bug with the calculations on what to offer me.

This happens to me too.

I was getting contracts for 6000 + cargo space, and I only had 4500. So I bought a massive super freighter that gave me 3500 cargo space, so I now have 8000 space.

I did that contract, and the MOMENT I finished the contract, I was getting 10000 + cargo space contracts.

I just stopped doing those contracts at that point and made profitable colonies instead.

It happens because you already have a bunch of cargo and the contract doesn't take into account the already used cargo space when generating the contract, as well as the total cargo space you have.

If you have 1000 cargo, the game will generate contracts that use up some significant portion of that space, say 800 cargo. The game does not care that you have 500/1000 cargo space dedicated to something already. If you have 100 cargo, the game will generate contracts that use up some significant fraction of that - you will get contracts to transport 80 cargo. If you have 10,000... you get contracts for 8,000 cargo, etc. It automatically scales.

You are also told, when deciding upon a contract, how much cargo space the contract will use up, and how much cargo space you have available.

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3 (update 2019-08-01)
« Reply #2328 on: August 18, 2019, 07:14:54 AM »

Invasions seem a bit too strong? Wait until a juicy world is weakened, invade, sell everything, ditch the ruined bombed empty screwed up world to a random faction for good boy points, repeat. It doesn't work right with commissions, but that's well worth the significant sacrifice of not having one.
Hm. I've already reduced the sell refund from 75% (vanilla) to 50%, and I'm not sure I want it to be any lower (since it affects normal colony management as well), but I might do that anyway. Or think of some other way to nerf it.

It wouldn't affect monetary benefits from selling everything, but you could change the reputation gain from colony donation to be based on structures present and the recent unrest count - maybe transferring a colony with no structures and a state of turmoil reduces rep noticeably, as you are just foisting a welfare problem on someone else at that point.

Shuhei

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: August 18, 2019, 07:41:09 AM »

#BUG1
There is a typo in a pirate commission while playing as a pirate. It's basically "pirate Commission" not "Pirate Commision". Literally unplayable*.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/zy5JOIi.png

----
*But seriously, how can I change this myself? It's frustrating.

/////////////////////////
#BUG2

The 4th option of Pirate starting fleet is missing

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/iBkAhtM.png
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:30:31 AM by Shuhei »

dorgus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: August 18, 2019, 09:11:30 AM »

So, I think I've read somewhere that the factions try to expand and conquer new territories. I might be blind, because I can't find that information anymore to confirm it.

I just want to know if that's true or not. I started with very few systems (the default settings) if compared to vanilla. But so far, at October 207, I failed to notice new conquests from the factions. If it does happen, does it have some grace time?
They may not succeed in their task, but I'd expect at least one invasion fleet event to have spawned by Oct 207. Have you seen any in the intel menu and/or message field?
(If not, that's really strange and suggests something is broken somewhere)

Getting back at this.. it's April 209 right now and there were two successful colonizations. So it's working!
But... is it possible to tweak the mod's files to accelerate the expansion? I looked into the config files but I couldn't pinpoint anything.

MamaLlama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: August 18, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »

Invasions seem a bit too strong? Wait until a juicy world is weakened, invade, sell everything, ditch the ruined bombed empty screwed up world to a random faction for good boy points, repeat. It doesn't work right with commissions, but that's well worth the significant sacrifice of not having one.
Hm. I've already reduced the sell refund from 75% (vanilla) to 50%, and I'm not sure I want it to be any lower (since it affects normal colony management as well), but I might do that anyway. Or think of some other way to nerf it.

It wouldn't affect monetary benefits from selling everything, but you could change the reputation gain from colony donation to be based on structures present and the recent unrest count - maybe transferring a colony with no structures and a state of turmoil reduces rep noticeably, as you are just foisting a welfare problem on someone else at that point.

Or maybe just have colony transfer unavailable if it doesn't at least have a space port and some stability. As is, I just give stripped colonies to Pirates/Luddic Path anyway so reputation penalties wouldn't stop that strategy.

MamaLlama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: August 18, 2019, 05:08:30 PM »

So the funky colony transfer error thing happened again except this time I wanted to talk to a pirate leader after I transferred and instead the game is giving me the option to be commissioned by my own faction (Common Guild cuz my character's last name is Common) or to revoke autonomy from the now pirate owned colony  ???

Clibanarius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: August 18, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »

I dunno if this is intended behavior or not, but I'm seeing a fair amount of Luddic Path and now Pirate bases going into shambles and then collapsing circa early-middle 207 in my game. Random-genned sector. If that's okay and not unintended, I can cope with that. Just curious is all!

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: August 18, 2019, 11:06:10 PM »

When are factions supposed to colonize?

Skharr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: August 19, 2019, 04:38:38 AM »

Help ! Its getting more and more, i get FPS drops if i move there... they start to stack after each invasion

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2336 on: August 19, 2019, 04:50:05 AM »

While I really enjoy this mod at times, it does end up more of an eternal war simulator than a 4x game.

Maybe limiting the number of factions a single faction can be at war with at once could be an idea? Not only would it cut down on the massive invasions spam and market destabilization that happens when you have mods adding a number of other factions, but it would actually give a purpose to using agents to affect relations between factions other than your own. Like, getting them to go to war with someone else, so they cant go to war with you. It would certainly make the player feel like a more active agent in the psudo politics of the sector.
I'll probably increase the diplomacy interval in next version (so wars take longer to happen, and the ground doesn't shift under the player as quickly). Will mean there's less message spam as well.

Do you keep recieving notifications from your ex colonies, the ones you have made indipendent or you gave to others? You thinks it could cause some slowdowns in performance?  :o
Given-away markets are treated identically to markets that were never yours in all intel-related ways, as far as I know.

Suggestion:

When on the random star sector start (or default) and choosing your ships load option to add an option there to pull up the Codex so you can search for the ship types mentioned. I never know what I am getting by the names alone.

I am sure this is easy to do when compared to my other idea of showing the ships on offer for the load out you are looking at (maybe by mousing over them). (I was thinking of showing them on the top to the bottom right side of the screens UI and in the same way as the fleet loadout is in the fleet menu).
Not sure it's actually possible to bring up the codex from an arbitrary dialog.
Fleet info popup sounds cooler and I might actually know how to do that, if it's possible at all.

#BUG1
There is a typo in a pirate commission while playing as a pirate. It's basically "pirate Commission" not "Pirate Commision". Literally unplayable*.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/zy5JOIi.png

----
*But seriously, how can I change this myself? It's frustrating.
Not readily fixable. Well, you can change "personNamePrefix":"pirate", to uppercase in [starsector-core]/data/world/factions/pirates.faction, but this will have other effects.
I could ask Alex to uppercase it in the vanilla commission intel, I suppose.

/////////////////////////
#BUG2

The 4th option of Pirate starting fleet is missing

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/iBkAhtM.png
Not a bug, actually! The paginator deliberately leaves a gap between the last option and the previous/next page options.
(I think it looks a bit weird myself, but it does prevent misclicks)

So, I think I've read somewhere that the factions try to expand and conquer new territories. I might be blind, because I can't find that information anymore to confirm it.

I just want to know if that's true or not. I started with very few systems (the default settings) if compared to vanilla. But so far, at October 207, I failed to notice new conquests from the factions. If it does happen, does it have some grace time?
They may not succeed in their task, but I'd expect at least one invasion fleet event to have spawned by Oct 207. Have you seen any in the intel menu and/or message field?
(If not, that's really strange and suggests something is broken somewhere)

Getting back at this.. it's April 209 right now and there were two successful colonizations. So it's working!
But... is it possible to tweak the mod's files to accelerate the expansion? I looked into the config files but I couldn't pinpoint anything.
exerelin_config.json -> colonyExpeditionInterval

When are factions supposed to colonize?
Starting cycle 207 + see above

I dunno if this is intended behavior or not, but I'm seeing a fair amount of Luddic Path and now Pirate bases going into shambles and then collapsing circa early-middle 207 in my game. Random-genned sector. If that's okay and not unintended, I can cope with that. Just curious is all!
Not intended. If you ever dock at one of those bases, can you mouse over the stability bar and check what exactly is eating their stability? Thanks!

So the funky colony transfer error thing happened again except this time I wanted to talk to a pirate leader after I transferred and instead the game is giving me the option to be commissioned by my own faction (Common Guild cuz my character's last name is Common) or to revoke autonomy from the now pirate owned colony  ???
Okay, retaining the previous dialog options is extra screwy. I'll have to look into that when I have the time.
(and figure out why the text substitution bug is resisting my fix)

Help ! Its getting more and more, i get FPS drops if i move there... they start to stack after each invasion

Oh dear.
Well, here's one thing you can do for now: Type kill in console mod and click on the fleets to make them go away

Adolith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: August 19, 2019, 08:07:57 AM »

Is there a way to reduce the amount of negative diplomacy events the player faction gets via config file? Or the frequency?

While I like everything else about this mod, being at war with every alliance despite basically doing exploration (no black market, no transponder off, no missions against any factions except pirates, no market share to speak off) only really sucks.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: August 19, 2019, 08:17:39 AM »

In my opinion diplomacy as is is fine between factions, but there should definitely be some more agency in terms of the diplomacy events targeting player factions since it just feels like RNG screwing you over some times.

It doesn't seem to be the case, but do factions take into account the location of the factions they declare war against?
Something else i'd love is if they'd only consider going after planets within a certain distance in LY from military bases instead of attacking planets they have no hopes of holding, feel like that'd cut down on random wars as well

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: August 19, 2019, 08:57:37 AM »

How to disable version checker integrated in Nex?
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 396