Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013784 times)

Grithok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2310 on: August 17, 2019, 09:09:52 AM »

So i was looking at the bitbucket page for nexerelin and I noticed it said agents could steal blueprints on this page.

https://bitbucket.org/Histidine/exerelin/wiki/New%20agent%20design

Was this ever put in?

I was trying to steal blueprints from a few Diable Avionics stations and couldn't get the option to show up.

I really did like the idea of corporate espionage when working with a faction to steal their blueprints.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 17, 2019, 11:38:03 AM »

So there's a big bug with "milk run" missions you get from the bar interactions in Derelict Empire mode.

If the location they want you to drop something off to is at a Derelict station, DO NOT ACCEPT THE CONTRACT UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO INVADE SAID PLACE.

Derelict stations do not talk / interact with humans, so when you get to the location, you will be denied the ability to hand in your contract, hence the only way around this is invading the station which will allow you to finalize the contract.

Nearly died to bounty hunters this way because I couldn't complete a early game contract since it lead to a Derelict station with a BATTLESTATION when all I had was freighters, a frigate or two, and one destroyer.

MamaLlama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: August 17, 2019, 12:42:05 PM »

Heyo, just wanna start out by saying that I think Nexerelin is a super cool mod and makes the game waaay more enjoyable for me but I had a weird experience just yesterday while playing and I'm real heckin' confused. I'm hoping somebody can explain what went wrong.

I started in Corvus and made my early fortune as a smuggler moving goods to the pirate base in the sector every time the Hegemony beat up pirate traders and caused shortages. I was floating around the Independently controlled planet that also spawns in Corvus with about 210 marines when I noticed a golden opportunity to invade and take it over so I went for it, what could possibly go wrong, right?  :P

So now my Colony (Palua as I renamed it), Jangala and the pirate base all share a sector and the Hegemony are righteously miffed but still at +15 rep because of the tutorial bonus and the Independents are at about -45 from my invasion but, whatever, what did they ever do for me anyway?

This is where things get confusing. The Hegemony sends me a missive about how I'm too close to their colonies and they demand tribute to ensure no "accidents" happen to my new colony. Fair enough, they're big and I'm small so I give them 40% of my colony's income each month, no big deal. But about 2 weeks later they just cancel the tribute with no reason given. The intel screen just says "Tribute event ended" and I figure they realized my colony is basically worth jack all because the spaceport is damaged and gave up. I fly into Hegemony space to pick up some supplies and I'm jumped by every ship in the sector! Suddenly and without any indication or diplomacy on the intel screen the Hegemony's relationship with me has dropped by about 70 points to -56 and there is a kill on sight order on my head.. why though?

I did everything they asked and through trade with Jangala, I made both myself and the Hegemony more money than the Independents ever did with that colony so really they should be happy to keep accepting my tribute and if they decide to cancel it with no reason given then they probably should send me a notice that we are now at war. It is really, really confusing why things are messed up with them now and it got me so frustrated that I just edited the save and reset their relationship to 0.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: August 17, 2019, 01:19:03 PM »

Yep, the game was definitely NOT designed with invasions and proper faction wars. Galactic economy always crumbles, and fast.
Invasions are too punishing and there are no positive events to balance it out.

Should signing a peace treaty give a boost to stability?

potatogod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 17, 2019, 02:29:43 PM »

Is there a way to slow down factions taking other factions' planets? Is it what colonyExpeditionInterval setting is responsible for? I am looking for a way to slow the game down a bit and stop one or two factions snowball into having 25+ markets while others have less than 5 after a couple of cycles. Don't get me wrong. I love the mod, but would like to make it a bit slower paced. I've already increased the eventFrequency.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:32:43 PM by potatogod »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 17, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »

I might just be unlucky but it seems like every time I get a trade delivery deal from the bar it is always just about 100 more storage space than I have available to me at the time. That either forces me to add in an extra cargo hull mod or purchase a new ship but the problem I find is that the next cargo delivery request is then again 100 more than I have and I find it keeps driving me to get or add more and more. I do not know it is by design or just pure bad luck but it has happened so many times to me I am starting to wonder if it is a bug with the calculations on what to offer me.

MamaLlama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: August 17, 2019, 03:37:13 PM »

I figured out what was causing the Hegemony to cancel tribute and go hostile to me. They are part of an Alliance with the Luddic Church called the Dragon Fellowship and for some reason they go to war with my tiny planet. For reference both the Church and Hegemony are at either neutral or positive relations with my faction so the idea that they are voting to go to war with me and cut out income from my tribute while actively expending resources to pursue a war against me makes no sense at all. Why are they pressing the issue when we have an arrangement and both sides are profiting? Also why is there no notification for the Alliance declaring war on me? The only way I notice this happening is the tribute cancelled notification..

This is really frustrating.. I'm just gonna edit the Hegemony back to neutral with me again.  :(

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 17, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »

1) Starsector was designed with static systems in mind. With all the turmoil and war, the entire sector inevitably collapses completely, and fast. I don't know how to counteract this, but maybe a hidden stability boost or something?
Can't say this has been my experience tbh. In my most recent game (non-random sector, vanilla + 3 faction mods), I got to cycle 216 with no decivilizations, despite there being no shortage of warfare (maybe a third of the starting planets were still under their original owners when I was done).

EDIT: Random sector might be worse at this. My second last game had 7 decivilizations at cycle 217.
Although this still isn't catastrophic in my book, especially when the affected planets can be resettled by NPC factions.

2) When colonies are generated, here seems to be no territory to speak of, no rhyme or reason behind their placement. It wouldn't be a bad idea to implement some grouping, to keep faction territories more sensible. Right now, a faction can end up having a small mining colony on the other side of the core, right next to theirs enemy capital. Basically, limiting then umber of cation per system, favoring colonies of same faction, and favoring placing colonies close.
It should probably try not to put initially hostile factions in the same system together, yeah. This might require some major changes to how the random sector market allocation works, though. Made a note for now.

Nexerelin have the default (vanilla) Starsector economy settings or its unique (more harder, idk) for this mode? Is there any way to change it in settings?
Nex doesn't change the economy in any significant way. (I did tweak export income from drugs, domestic goods and luxury goods a bit)

Is there a way to slow down factions taking other factions' planets? Is it what colonyExpeditionInterval setting is responsible for? I am looking for a way to slow the game down a bit and stop one or two factions snowball into having 25+ markets while others have less than 5 after a couple of cycles. Don't get me wrong. I love the mod, but would like to make it a bit slower paced. I've already increased the eventFrequency.
For invasions, modify the invasion settings in exerelin_config.json (easiest way is to increase pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet)

So i was looking at the bitbucket page for nexerelin and I noticed it said agents could steal blueprints on this page.

https://bitbucket.org/Histidine/exerelin/wiki/New%20agent%20design

Was this ever put in?

I was trying to steal blueprints from a few Diable Avionics stations and couldn't get the option to show up.

I really did like the idea of corporate espionage when working with a faction to steal their blueprints.
Haven't implemented it yet. It's on my todo list though!

I actually wasn't sure about agent blueprint theft since I don't want a "credits to blueprints converter" mechanism, but now that raids can do much the same thing in vanilla I might think it over some more. (The alternative was to have the agent steal an actual, physical ship and bring it back to a player colony)

I might just be unlucky but it seems like every time I get a trade delivery deal from the bar it is always just about 100 more storage space than I have available to me at the time. That either forces me to add in an extra cargo hull mod or purchase a new ship but the problem I find is that the next cargo delivery request is then again 100 more than I have and I find it keeps driving me to get or add more and more. I do not know it is by design or just pure bad luck but it has happened so many times to me I am starting to wonder if it is a bug with the calculations on what to offer me.
Looking at the code, by default the bar delivery mission's cargo amount is 50-75% of player's max cargo capacity (determined at the time the bar person is generated), with a reduction for particularly expensive items.
(this is vanilla, Nex doesn't change it)

Was your cargo already partly full when you went to the bar? That would explain it.

I figured out what was causing the Hegemony to cancel tribute and go hostile to me. They are part of an Alliance with the Luddic Church called the Dragon Fellowship and for some reason they go to war with my tiny planet. For reference both the Church and Hegemony are at either neutral or positive relations with my faction so the idea that they are voting to go to war with me and cut out income from my tribute while actively expending resources to pursue a war against me makes no sense at all. Why are they pressing the issue when we have an arrangement and both sides are profiting? Also why is there no notification for the Alliance declaring war on me?
The fact that apparently the only intel notification of the war is the tribute cancellation indicates either a (huge) bug, or some other mod's code modifying the relationships.

Did you do anything that would affect relations with Hegemony or Luddic Church, around the time the tribute cancellation happens?
What's your modlist?
If you have a save before the thing happens (or can get one by restoring from the automatic backup in the save's folder), does it happen again after you load that save? If so, I'd appreciate it if you upload the save; I can try to take a look at what's happening then.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 06:57:33 PM by Histidine »

Grithok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 17, 2019, 07:12:36 PM »

Neato. It would be nice to see that added at some point.

I wouldn't mind a ship being stolen, the blueprint being stolen at high risk, or having the agent increase the blueprint drop chance for the next raid.

I just really liked the idea of working with a faction and consuming it from within instead of having to turn against them and raid for it.

MamaLlama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: August 17, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »

I'm sorry, Histy, I don't have any save I can offer you right now. I've been playing on the same one for several hours since I last posted so there really isn't anything useful in there for you now. My modlist is very small and strict, just Version Checker, Nex, Combat Chatter and Combat Analyzer. Oh and LazyLib ofc.

What would really help me is if the notifications from Nex that effect my faction could use the same kind of warning beep that raids/invasions currently use. Right now I constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY miss notifications from other factions offering ceasefires in the sea of spam from things like Alliances changing or declaring war on each other, diplomacy notifications, faction on faction raids/invasions. It is a lot to keep up with and I often find myself tuning all notifications out after a while so I honestly may have missed the declaration of war.

If there is already an option to filter notifications or something that I missed it would really help cuz I feel like there are just SO MANY of them when playing with Nex  :)

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: August 17, 2019, 10:22:20 PM »

While I really enjoy this mod at times, it does end up more of an eternal war simulator than a 4x game.

Maybe limiting the number of factions a single faction can be at war with at once could be an idea? Not only would it cut down on the massive invasions spam and market destabilization that happens when you have mods adding a number of other factions, but it would actually give a purpose to using agents to affect relations between factions other than your own. Like, getting them to go to war with someone else, so they cant go to war with you. It would certainly make the player feel like a more active agent in the psudo politics of the sector.

MamaLlama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: August 17, 2019, 11:21:31 PM »

This happened when I gave a base away to the pirates. Note this is actually the second one I've given to them and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this the first time.  :o

Semondice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: August 18, 2019, 01:47:47 AM »

Do you keep recieving notifications from your ex colonies, the ones you have made indipendent or you gave to others? You thinks it could cause some slowdowns in performance?  :o
//"Work in Progress"//

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: August 18, 2019, 03:26:01 AM »

Suggestion:

When on the random star sector start (or default) and choosing your ships load option to add an option there to pull up the Codex so you can search for the ship types mentioned. I never know what I am getting by the names alone.

I am sure this is easy to do when compared to my other idea of showing the ships on offer for the load out you are looking at (maybe by mousing over them). (I was thinking of showing them on the top to the bottom right side of the screens UI and in the same way as the fleet loadout is in the fleet menu).

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 18, 2019, 03:43:33 AM »

1) Starsector was designed with static systems in mind. With all the turmoil and war, the entire sector inevitably collapses completely, and fast. I don't know how to counteract this, but maybe a hidden stability boost or something?
Can't say this has been my experience tbh. In my most recent game (non-random sector, vanilla + 3 faction mods), I got to cycle 216 with no decivilizations, despite there being no shortage of warfare (maybe a third of the starting planets were still under their original owners when I was done).

EDIT: Random sector might be worse at this. My second last game had 7 decivilizations at cycle 217.
Although this still isn't catastrophic in my book, especially when the affected planets can be resettled by NPC factions.

No my experience.
I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about it on other boards/forums.

I just started a new Corvus game and I'm very early in (collected 3-4 bounties, made 5 deliveries and scanned 3 derelicts) and Sindaria is already falling apart. From 1 invasion.
Some instability penalties seem to harsh with nothing to counteract them. Factions are too aggressive with a dozen wars in this short timespan.

EDIT: Just checked. -10 stability for invasion. Goes down by 1 every 3 months. That's 30 months for it to go away, and you can bet your ass off there's gonna be more invasions before that timer runs out. Probably several.

Now either there's problems with a faction being targeted more frequently or frequency of attacks. It might have to do with number of factions (more factions = more wars and invasions).
Hence, the invasion/war delays should probably be modified by the number of factions currently active.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 04:23:39 AM by TrashMan »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 396