Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013228 times)

tofu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3 (update 2019-08-01)
« Reply #2265 on: August 10, 2019, 09:48:26 AM »

Invasions seem a bit too strong? Wait until a juicy world is weakened, invade, sell everything, ditch the ruined bombed empty screwed up world to a random faction for good boy points, repeat. It doesn't work right with commissions, but that's well worth the significant sacrifice of not having one.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 09:50:14 AM by tofu »

TheLoneCenturion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: August 10, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »

Hey is it intentional that 80% of the ships in the game including large well maintained (I would assume they are well maintained) battle fleets to have upwards to 4-6 damage mods per ship?

Like nearly every ship in the game including the ones you can buy all have D mods and often times they have a ton.
I can understand a few of them having D mods but more than 70%? That can't be right.

Is this a bug or if its not can it be disabled or changed with a setting?

My current mods are:

-Arsenal Expansion 1.5.3g
-Blackrock Drive Yards
-Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
-DIABLEAVIONICS
-GraphicsLib
-LazyLib
-MagicLib
-Nexerelin
-ORA
-Starship Legends

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2267 on: August 10, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »

Hi, I don't know if this is exclusive to the mod itself, but why do the other factions not get a massive reputation penalty for saturation bombing. I've noticed a few times where factions remove the population from planets with a good bombing and get no bad rep for it yet if I do it everyone in the sector sees me as a galactic genocidal maniac. Is this a correction that's going to be implemented or will all the factions in the sector forever be united in judging solely the player for their actions and not each other?
It's kind of how vanilla works at present and I haven't changed it, yeah. There's been discussion about it in a few places (see e.g. this blog post thread).
Although currently the only thing NPC factions use saturation bombing for is removing player colonies within their territory. So for now I could make the issue go away by making them invade the colony instead.

Invasions seem a bit too strong? Wait until a juicy world is weakened, invade, sell everything, ditch the ruined bombed empty screwed up world to a random faction for good boy points, repeat. It doesn't work right with commissions, but that's well worth the significant sacrifice of not having one.
Hm. I've already reduced the sell refund from 75% (vanilla) to 50%, and I'm not sure I want it to be any lower (since it affects normal colony management as well), but I might do that anyway. Or think of some other way to nerf it.

Hey is it intentional that 80% of the ships in the game including large well maintained (I would assume they are well maintained) battle fleets to have upwards to 4-6 damage mods per ship?

Like nearly every ship in the game including the ones you can buy all have D mods and often times they have a ton.
I can understand a few of them having D mods but more than 70%? That can't be right.

Is this a bug or if its not can it be disabled or changed with a setting?
Is this affecting everyone? If it's just one faction, their heavy industry probably got disrupted, but this happening to everyone at once is a bit less likely.
Although it's possible for a faction to spawn without heavy industry in the Derelict Empire scenario, if you're using that.

You could check out the various planets and stations in the Sector and mouse over the fleet quality indicator (at the top of the market info screen) to see if something funny is happening. (To make it go faster: turn on devmode in console or settings.json, then Ctrl + click to teleport to location on map/screen)
Or upload the save somewhere and I can do the looking.

TheLoneCenturion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: August 10, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »

Yea apparently starting the game with core systems set to random causes the vast majority of factions to not have heavy industry at all for the start of the game, even factions that should really have a heavy backing industry wise.

Is there a way to have the established factions always spawn with at least 1 or 2 heavy industry planets and bases in the menu?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2269 on: August 10, 2019, 11:08:55 PM »

Yea apparently starting the game with core systems set to random causes the vast majority of factions to not have heavy industry at all for the start of the game, even factions that should really have a heavy backing industry wise.

Is there a way to have the established factions always spawn with at least 1 or 2 heavy industry planets and bases in the menu?
It should already give almost everyone a heavy industry by default. The fact that it doesn't suggests a bug somewhere. (or maybe there are just too many factions in too few planets/stations)

If it's not too much trouble, could you upload your save to a file host somewhere? I can look at it and see if something's happening that shouldn't.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: August 10, 2019, 11:15:51 PM »

Is this with Derelict Empire scenario? In normal random generation, most factions end up with a couple of heavy industries. In Derelict Empire, though, there's no guarantee that will happen, and factions can indeed end up having to import ships from other factions.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: August 11, 2019, 12:09:36 AM »

I've just started a game with this mod and chose the derelict empire not really understanding what I was getting into.

My first mission was from the independents faction for a shipment of goods to a planet 30ly away; when I arrived I discovered that I couldn't land, the planet is apparently owned by the derelict faction. What is the design intent of the derelict faction? In-game there's not really any clue as to who/what they are, why they are (apparently?) at war with everyone, and why I can't land on their planets even with transponders off.

Am I even supposed to get missions to planets owned by them in the first place? Are they supposed to produce market goods despite not being interactable except as military targets?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 12:11:22 AM by Euripides »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: August 11, 2019, 12:20:52 AM »

For me personally, I have noticed that a most of default market ship have at least one D-mod on them but usually, it is more than that, between two and three. The same for the pirate/illegal market but I found that the actually factions military mostly have good ships, some with D-mods but mostly all in good condition. That makes trying to get on good terms with factions a worthwhile goal to get access to the good ships.

It may have to do with faction standing with the weighted spawn, I never thought of this as an issue as not every ship will have a D-mod and I just assumed I was unlucky and my ratting (of some sort - I am new to the game) wasn't high enough for them to offer me the good stuff.

Usually just checking back after a while the ships would have changed and I can find something out of the lot that isn't too bad to get. I can also shop around at other places looking for something to pick up.

I personally like this as I have been forced to get some ships with D-mods and hope to trade them out latter. Why would you want to get a D-mod ship otherwise unless it forces you to make a choice to get what you want now or hold out until something good pops up for you?

Not all places are overload with bad D-mod ships, some I have only ever seen with very few on offer with D-mods. So I think you are right about it being the stability of the base being the reason. So it isn't a bad thing if it is as that is the way the game was designed to work, isn't it?

Edit: I saw a great post on reddit as to why D-Mods are not so bad, so here it is if you are interested in reading about the benefits of D-mods.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starsector/comments/cou1bj/psa_dmods_arent_bad/?ref=share&ref_source=link
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:38:15 AM by Zalpha »

Clibanarius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: August 11, 2019, 03:42:56 AM »

I've just started a game with this mod and chose the derelict empire not really understanding what I was getting into.

My first mission was from the independents faction for a shipment of goods to a planet 30ly away; when I arrived I discovered that I couldn't land, the planet is apparently owned by the derelict faction. What is the design intent of the derelict faction? In-game there's not really any clue as to who/what they are, why they are (apparently?) at war with everyone, and why I can't land on their planets even with transponders off.

Am I even supposed to get missions to planets owned by them in the first place? Are they supposed to produce market goods despite not being interactable except as military targets?
I have a feeling you got a mission to deliver goods to a planet that got taken over in the intervening months. Derelict Empire, as little as I've played of it, seems to be a mode where there's an active war at all times between Us and Them. It's high-octane and not necessarily... meant for starters.

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: August 12, 2019, 12:54:14 AM »

Love the mod, a must be for me now a days, also is  there a way to disable factions colonizing? I had Hagemony at almost 30 planets last game from it + waging war and taking planets.

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: August 12, 2019, 02:22:59 AM »

I do believe I may have found a bug.

Spoiler
[close]

WooksterRu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 12, 2019, 03:34:53 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

viva la revolucion  ;D lol

In all honesty it would be cool to see internal conflicts causing new parties to break off and form their own sub colony factions xD.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:49:04 AM by WooksterRu »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 12, 2019, 04:29:11 AM »

There's a tooltip for the Derelict Empire start in the new game menu, which is... probably as much explanation as I'm going to write.

Derelict markets producing goods is more or less how it works, yeah.
The fact that you can still get bar delivery quests to their markets is an issue I haven't gotten around to fixing yet. I also haven't been able to remove their planet survey and scan package missions, but at least you can still complete those and get paid.

Spoiler
[close]
Ha, ouch. That can happen if a faction becomes hostile to itself; this shouldn't happen normally but Vayra's Sector may have some bugs regarding the colony factions.

You can fix that in your game by copying and pasting the following into the Console Commands console, but I don't know whether it'll appear again.
Code: java
runcode Global.getSector().getFaction("warhawk_republic").setRelationship("warhawk_republic", 1)

hurrdurrmurrgurr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 12, 2019, 06:33:00 AM »

If I may make a suggestion I'd like the option of starting with a mining dedicated ship or at least a mining laser. Mining is a feature of this mod yet the initial loadouts doesn't support it and odds are you'll be going through several markets before finding one.

Jessi Jinx

• Ensign
  • Stand still! I'm trying to shoot you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 12, 2019, 08:38:30 AM »

I've created an account just to ask this.
I have Nexrelin now, brilliant mod that changes everything about as I'd hoped, but it seems to have buggered with all the lovely portrait packs I have.
As in only one of them, the 'Portrait Pack' mod is being retreived by Nexrelin. All others aren't, and most characters in stations and planets show up as the generic blank profile picture.
Not sure what's causing it, I went into the files to see and from what I see it's not even recalling the correct ID's for the Portrait Pack it is using, yet those still display.
Having three Battleships means never having to say "I'm sorry."
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 396