Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013276 times)

Singrana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2c "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-07-07)
« Reply #2205 on: July 15, 2019, 01:29:39 PM »

Regarding invasions chasing smaller fleets, the solution that is the most satisfying to watch would be to have invasions consist of varied sized individual fleets, that way smaller fleets interdict annoying small fleets and the larger fleets catch up to kill them, making invasions ignore smaller fleets means we lose the entertaining variance of having an invasion group sometimes get broken up and be made attack-able by many smaller fleets which i think is cool when it happens

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 15, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »

Speaking of invasion fleets it's me again that guy with the worst luck in the sector here to *** again. I have one size 4 colony with a battlestation mining and light industry on it. No cores or fancy nanoforges or whatever.

Blackrock just dropped 2 invasion fleets on me one of which has enough Kurmaraja's and Eschaton's(plus a Karkinos because of course) that they are fielding 30 fighter wings against my small fleet that has a total of ONE capital ship that being the beatup XIV legion I pulled out of mothballs to try and defend against this garbage. After two tries I'm not even going to bother. It's literally impossible when your station goes down in about two fighter strikes.

I get that invasion fleets are supposed to be able to actually succeed but I also expect to actually have a fighting chance at beating them off. And realistically speaking this is overkill and a waste of resources. You don't send something like this after some little world like I have. This would be something you send after a core world like Sindria or Jangala.

I'm going to go find something else to play while I cool off but if I do come back to this game I'm just gonna console command this garbage.

I think it speaks for itself on how messed up invasion fleet strengths are that the freaking KADUR took over Jangala. The Kadur that has a bunch of size 3 stations with supply shortages scattered across the sector and can't even field anything bigger than picket fleets.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 15, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »

Speaking of invasion fleets it's me again that guy with the worst luck in the sector here to *** again. I have one size 4 colony with a battlestation mining and light industry on it. No cores or fancy nanoforges or whatever.

Blackrock just dropped 2 invasion fleets on me one of which has enough Kurmaraja's and Eschaton's(plus a Karkinos because of course) that they are fielding 30 fighter wings against my small fleet that has a total of ONE capital ship that being the beatup XIV legion I pulled out of mothballs to try and defend against this garbage. After two tries I'm not even going to bother. It's literally impossible when your station goes down in about two fighter strikes.

I get that invasion fleets are supposed to be able to actually succeed but I also expect to actually have a fighting chance at beating them off. And realistically speaking this is overkill and a waste of resources. You don't send something like this after some little world like I have. This would be something you send after a core world like Sindria or Jangala.

I'm going to go find something else to play while I cool off but if I do come back to this game I'm just gonna console command this garbage.

I think it speaks for itself on how messed up invasion fleet strengths are that the freaking KADUR took over Jangala. The Kadur that has a bunch of size 3 stations with supply shortages scattered across the sector and can't even field anything bigger than picket fleets.

I haven't really had this issue. I generally build up a pretty good reputation in the early game my destroying pirate fleets and general bounties/IBB bounties. I also always pick a system that is empty of main factions, or I will try to find a pirate system with just pirates and decide to take over what they have. Duzak for example near Corvus is either empty or only has one faction in it, or lately I've been going to Delta Heisenburg as for a pirate system its kind of random but generally there is always one with a planet and not much else in it. I also don't generally found a colony until I'm fielding fleets with multiple midline cruisers, like dominators. I think this last time I had a Nevermore, Two Herons and a Conquest before I founded my colony. More than capable of taking on most any early invasion fleets. I also generally try to have a few blueprint groups before founding so my faction is fielding garbage. This last time I found a shadowyards bp set as well as one from Diable Avionics. Both great packs for a starter faction. You can find these by exploring deep in space. Generally in the early game I try to build a midsized fleet and do bounties to fund buying lots of supplies and fuel while trying to find dmod civ ships for cargo and fuel carrying. Then I try to get a mission from the bars to go find an alpha ai core which generally always leads to a tech cash or station. Don't neglect your salvaging skills early either they are extremely useful.

Your probably wondering why I'm saying all this but the reason is pretty simple. Don't start a faction till your personal fleet is ready to defend it. There is a reason why Nex says "own faction" is very hard. Most factions act like corporations or military states, they hate competition. This is not to say you can't found one early, it honestly sounds like you got pretty unlucky.

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 15, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »

That's pretty much what I've been doing. I had Duzhak spawn with a 75% hazard world with good organics and farmland and settled it. I've been farming Yma for cash and rep as the pirates there are going nuts so the Perseans and Shadowyard like me quite a but. It's just apparently the Blackrock decided I've gotta die or something *shrug*.

I have a lot of heavy destroyers in my fleet along with my falcon flagship but honestly I would be hard pressed to beat what Blackrock sent against me even with a full fleet of capitals. That's just way too many fighters.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 15, 2019, 06:52:01 PM »

That's pretty much what I've been doing. I had Duzhak spawn with a 75% hazard world with good organics and farmland and settled it. I've been farming Yma for cash and rep as the pirates there are going nuts so the Perseans and Shadowyard like me quite a but. It's just apparently the Blackrock decided I've gotta die or something *shrug*.

I have a lot of heavy destroyers in my fleet along with my falcon flagship but honestly I would be hard pressed to beat what Blackrock sent against me even with a full fleet of capitals. That's just way too many fighters.
If it's and "Invasion" fleet, then you are at war with Blackrock. Very Very Bad idea if you are playing own faction until late game. Unlike pirates/pathers, proper faction send warfleets in your directions. If you think Blackrock fighter waves are bad, you haven't seen DME invasions. Enough fighters to blot out the sky, and good fighters too.

The obvious solution is don't be at war with a major faction until you can take them. Drop off high value prisoners or Gamma cores for some standing, do some missions for them. Or just go and take over a small pirate market and hand it over to them.

If it's an "Expedition" instead, just pay it off before it leaves, if you feel you can't take it.

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 16, 2019, 01:07:50 AM »

It was a invasion fleet. I've also come to the conclusion that the weighting for Blackrock ships is just weird. They have this fixation with fighter craft and tankers.

I had another more manageable invasion happen and they had like 6 hawkmoth's in the fleet to like two regular cruisers plus their battlecarriers.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2d "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-07-16)
« Reply #2211 on: July 16, 2019, 04:28:47 AM »

Hotfix for II Bazaar being spammed in random sector (arglebargle)

Nexerelin v0.9.2d
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.2d
* Player colonies' population growth halved, income reduced 25% when in Starfarer mode
* Player colonies have size growth even when autonomous
* Interstellar Bazaar submarket is transferred on market capture
* Raise/lower relations cooldown is added to action time instead of blocking action
* Show remaining blueprint trader points after each purchase
* Return to market main menu after market transfer (instead of closing dialog completely)
* Adjust some intel text
* Fix Interstellar Bazaar spam in random sector
* Fix NPC factions sometimes building military base in violation of industry limit
* Derelict Empire, Remnant raid fleets won't fail to drop AI cores under certain circumstances
    * Note: All currently spawned fleets in an existing game will cease to drop cores
[close]

Dreamyr: Do you still have the save with the two Blackrock fleets? I'd like to take a look at it.
(Also specify if you've done anything like raise the maximum battle size)

I'd expect a battlestation on a size 4 market to defeat two invasion fleets (in general the invasion strength will not be hugely superior to the defenses), but it may be that Blackrock carrier fleets are disproportionately strong for their size. Given the sort of thing that can be done with mass Drovers + Sparks in vanilla, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 16, 2019, 07:44:38 AM »

I'd expect a battlestation on a size 4 market to defeat two invasion fleets (in general the invasion strength will not be hugely superior to the defenses), but it may be that Blackrock carrier fleets are disproportionately strong for their size. Given the sort of thing that can be done with mass Drovers + Sparks in vanilla, I wouldn't be too surprised.
Blackrock in general are a strong faction. Especially the cruisers/capitals. They also have solid economy, for making ships without D-mods. Unlike say Scy, which are on the weaker end.

Dreamyr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 16, 2019, 09:39:14 AM »

Hotfix for II Bazaar being spammed in random sector (arglebargle)

Nexerelin v0.9.2d
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.2d
* Player colonies' population growth halved, income reduced 25% when in Starfarer mode
* Player colonies have size growth even when autonomous
* Interstellar Bazaar submarket is transferred on market capture
* Raise/lower relations cooldown is added to action time instead of blocking action
* Show remaining blueprint trader points after each purchase
* Return to market main menu after market transfer (instead of closing dialog completely)
* Adjust some intel text
* Fix Interstellar Bazaar spam in random sector
* Fix NPC factions sometimes building military base in violation of industry limit
* Derelict Empire, Remnant raid fleets won't fail to drop AI cores under certain circumstances
    * Note: All currently spawned fleets in an existing game will cease to drop cores
[close]

Dreamyr: Do you still have the save with the two Blackrock fleets? I'd like to take a look at it.
(Also specify if you've done anything like raise the maximum battle size)

Unfortunately I saved over it sorry. :-[

I only saw the one invasion fleet but it was pretty absurd. There were so many Eschaton super freighter's and Kurmaraja Interdictor's that they couldn't even deploy the Karkinos they brought. The invasion failed after I used the console command mod to nuke it out of frustration because there was no winning that. Fighter spam plus the Kurmaraja's special system is kinda crazy.

The second time around it was more manageable and I beat it on my own. Still a heavy focus on fighters but the really odd thing like I mentioned above was that the majority of their cruisers were Hawkmoth Combat Tankers. If they'd been full combat cruisers I would have had a much harder time of it.

Also as much as I complain about this stuff I really do enjoy this mod and Starsector wouldn't be the same without it so thank you for all your work on it Histidine. 8)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 16, 2019, 04:16:59 PM »

If you only made one save since, it should be the back up save
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 21, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »

So on a lark, I tried out the Derelict Sector. All the necessities are scarce, and there's combat everywhere. You have to fight for your supplies more than buy some because the markets are low on everything, so a salvage rig pays for itself really, really fast. All around, an excellently difficult start. Very brutal. Another start where I had a planet to be getting on with took some of the pressure off, but I still ended up having to set up my own volatiles mine to kickstart sector fuel production like I did when I didn't start with a planet.

All told, I like it. I think it'd be somewhat better if the Derelicts didn't just sit back and take it and had a somewhat nerfed invasion mechanic of their own to fight back at least a little with, but it's still pretty cool to see the factions getting their feet under them and painting the map.

My own faction didn't launch any invasions at the Derelicts even though I turned player faction invasions on. Not sure if glitch or intended behavior.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:03:00 PM by Dostya »

Alex_Kill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 22, 2019, 12:21:39 AM »

Hey bro, That is my first message, just wanted to tell you about how much I like your Mod, and especially Derelict Mod.
That is thing that made me return to the Startsector.

Few things I wanted to tell that I noticed: Derelict quests for resources(I'm playing mainly as a trader). and I see a lot of quest to deliver goods to derelict station but only few of them can be completed, those which you have to deliver upon arrival, not via planetary command center, because they obviously do no wanna talk=) I do not know how other people think about that, but I personally receive like every 8 contract out of 10 is for derelicts, and you just need to ignore them, any chance it can be canceled for them to provide those missions(that is not that important) and also with the market every time when I check goods for best BUY/SELL spot there is only 5 best markets shown, It definitely shows 3 to 4 markets belonging to derelicts so this info is off no use. so it leave you without the fast info about the markets and prices.

Those 2 thing is likely inconvenient, but The Derelict Mod is absolutely Awesome,

2)Also wanted to ask if that okay that I've established 3 colonies of my own but still getting like 60k Commission from the faction?

UPD(not sure that is for you) 3rd question, with Nexerlin and Vayra and derelict on small Map(Mixed) I have a lot of empty stars in the center of sector like 4 or 5. I can make screenshots if you need(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:25:02 AM by Alex_Kill »

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 22, 2019, 10:45:59 PM »

Possible bug report: So, I've been having issues getting even 1500 power strike fleets to kill a pirate base and decided to go for overkill on my base strikes. I've been buying 5 1500 power fleets and siccing them on every base that annoys me. They've been failing at the same rate one fleet does, so I decided to hang around in hyperspace and see what was going down. My giant doom armada consisting of at least a dozen strike fleets gets to the system, exactly one of the fleets enters the system, and the rest just scatter into nowhere. I can't even track them going home, they just scatter into nothing apparently.

This is kind of a problem, and a giant waste of millions of credits for my strike fleets to just not function. What am I doing wrong?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 23, 2019, 03:48:49 AM »

Glad people are liking the Derelict Empire start (even with its flaws) :)

My own faction didn't launch any invasions at the Derelicts even though I turned player faction invasions on. Not sure if glitch or intended behavior.
It's possible there's a bug somewhere, although the code isn't currently telling me what it might be.
(unless you had a commission with a pirate-type faction while pirate invasions were disabled, that will block it)
I'll keep an eye out when I next playtest.

Hey bro, That is my first message, just wanted to tell you about how much I like your Mod, and especially Derelict Mod.
That is thing that made me return to the Startsector.

Few things I wanted to tell that I noticed: Derelict quests for resources(I'm playing mainly as a trader). and I see a lot of quest to deliver goods to derelict station but only few of them can be completed, those which you have to deliver upon arrival, not via planetary command center, because they obviously do no wanna talk=) I do not know how other people think about that, but I personally receive like every 8 contract out of 10 is for derelicts, and you just need to ignore them, any chance it can be canceled for them to provide those missions(that is not that important) and also with the market every time when I check goods for best BUY/SELL spot there is only 5 best markets shown, It definitely shows 3 to 4 markets belonging to derelicts so this info is off no use. so it leave you without the fast info about the markets and prices.
Yeah that's a bit of a defect with the system currently.
There's a way to make the procurement missions not appear, which I previously didn't want to use because it's more 'invasive' towards the vanilla code than I wanted to deal with, but I'll see about implementing it.
Buy/sell screen can't be helped unfortunately :(

2)Also wanted to ask if that okay that I've established 3 colonies of my own but still getting like 60k Commission from the faction?
Yeah, it's intended behavior.

UPD(not sure that is for you) 3rd question, with Nexerlin and Vayra and derelict on small Map(Mixed) I have a lot of empty stars in the center of sector like 4 or 5. I can make screenshots if you need(
It's possible for core systems not to be inhabited, if all the planets there are bad. If you think there's a system that should be inhabited but isn't, go ahead and post the screenshots or the save :)

Possible bug report: So, I've been having issues getting even 1500 power strike fleets to kill a pirate base and decided to go for overkill on my base strikes. I've been buying 5 1500 power fleets and siccing them on every base that annoys me. They've been failing at the same rate one fleet does, so I decided to hang around in hyperspace and see what was going down. My giant doom armada consisting of at least a dozen strike fleets gets to the system, exactly one of the fleets enters the system, and the rest just scatter into nowhere. I can't even track them going home, they just scatter into nothing apparently.

This is kind of a problem, and a giant waste of millions of credits for my strike fleets to just not function. What am I doing wrong?
Hmm, I seem to recall hearing of a rare bug with strike fleets not working, but never had the chance to track it down. If you could post the save and specify the immune base(s), it'd be much appreciated; I might be able to debug it then.

Alex_Kill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 23, 2019, 04:30:41 AM »

It's possible for core systems not to be inhabited, if all the planets there are bad. If you think there's a system that should be inhabited but isn't, go ahead and post the screenshots or the save :)

there is no planets at all, simply empty
 stars, with only stars in it

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 396