Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013403 times)

namad

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2 "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-06-23)
« Reply #2190 on: July 06, 2019, 09:31:17 AM »

Is there list of all the IBB ships you can acquire? Do IBB targets regenerate, or are they finite? Thanks for the mod, btw. Incredibly good.

The International Bounty Board (IBB) and its missions are part of the Ship/Weapon Pack mod, not Nexerelin.

Nonetheless: I don't think there's a documented list anywhere, but the mod forum post does include this lovely image with (IIRC) all the bounty ships you can find - though this does include those of other mods which add their own IBBs (Shadowyards, Tiandong, Interstellar Imperium, etc.) so if you aren't using those mods (some aren't updated to 0.9 btw) you won't find those ships.

Spoiler

[close]

IBB missions are one-offs: once you've fought the battle, it won't spawn again.

I want to say after defeating IBB ships they have a chance to show up in markets like Prism Freeport but frankly I'm not sure anymore. I skimmed the change log in SWP and didn't see it there so maybe thats a figment of my imagination. However they will always spawn after battles so I guess it doesn't really matter. I always seem to get a bunch of hades. Call it luck but last time I got all four of them.

Is each hades unique or are all four the same? I myself only got 1 of the hades and I'm kinda sad about it. Back before you were guarenteed to get each ship I swear I'd gotten 2or3 before... now it's 100% chance and I get 1?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2 "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-06-23)
« Reply #2191 on: July 06, 2019, 09:49:51 AM »

Even though there are multiples of some ships in IBBs, you are ever guaranteed to get only one of them. You might recover more due to luck, but DR's script will only help if you didn't get any of them.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2c "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-07-07)
« Reply #2192 on: July 06, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »

Maintenance update.

Nexerelin v0.9.2c
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.2c
* Infiltrate Luddic cell action displays reputation change if successful
* Fix issues with admins on market comm board not having their faction changed on market capture
* Text fixes/modifications

v0.9.2b
* Add new game option to control starting D-mods
* Local stockpiles on autonomous worlds can be accessed
* Invasion disruption time averages 30 days/round instead of using the industry's build time
* Saturation bombing a "hidden" market does not anger third parties
* Factions do not colonize any system with a hostile fleet exceeding 25 FP
* Factions will colonize inhabited systems that they control
* Adjust some under-the-hood war declaration, alliance vote logic
* Agents don't appear in hidden markets; hiring dialog explains where to find newly hired agents
* Covert action locations marked on map
* Blackrock's Consortium HQ protects against agents; spawns in random sector
* Custom starts can have compatibility with (non-)random sector defined
* Grey out incompatible custom scenarios with tooltip warning, instead of hiding them
* Fleet request organize time can be adjusted in settings.json
* Bugfixes
    * Fix relationship irregularities when accepting a commission
    * Fix NPC base strike relationship checks, being always marked as important
    * Fix expired tribute demands doing nothing
    * Fix free port status of colonies whose faction should have it
   * Fix hard mode diplomacy penalties applying between NPC factions
    * Fix invasion failure double reporting when autoresolved
    * Reverse compatibility with pre-0.9.1d saves
[close]

I just hope that the other ships will appear, as I would love to have more Undines, Fractures and Phillipsheads.
By default, Prism will only sell each IBB ship once, and only if you haven't recovered it (although it'll reappear later if you don't buy it and it gets cycled out of stock). You can change this with the prismRenewBossShips setting in exerelin_config.json.

DietrichT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: July 07, 2019, 01:09:18 AM »

Found a problem when uses Nexerelin 0.9.2:

Crashes happen when hitting the 'consider your military operations' in planet action HUD.
I have attached the last bit of Starsector log, pls take a look--------->https://pastebin.com/yBnKeBiM

CynicJester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: July 07, 2019, 01:51:28 AM »

I don't know if this is doable, but I'd really like it if there was some agent automation. Even something as simple as a toggle for them repeating their last order if they haven't been moved and the order became available again would do wonders.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2195 on: July 07, 2019, 02:07:58 AM »

Found a problem when uses Nexerelin 0.9.2:

Crashes happen when hitting the 'consider your military operations' in planet action HUD.
I have attached the last bit of Starsector log, pls take a look--------->https://pastebin.com/yBnKeBiM
Download and install the newest Starsector (0.9.1a RC8).

DietrichT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: July 07, 2019, 02:53:09 AM »

Kind of embarrassing, but it does work, thanks very much. I didn't notice I am using RC8 lol.

blaa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: July 07, 2019, 09:47:10 AM »

safe to update in a running game? in my case only from b to c?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2198 on: July 07, 2019, 05:50:33 PM »

New releases can be expected to be save compatible unless otherwise specified, yeah.

MrMax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: July 07, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »

Hello everyone, new user here, first time posting on this board. First of all just want to say thank you for to Alex and everyone in the modding community for the hundreds of hours of fun I've gotten from Star Sector. I've been playing vanilla since 0.7 (I think?) and only recently started trying out various mods to keep things fresh. Just started Nexerelin and blown away by how much it adds to the game. Hard to go back to playing vanilla now, its that good.

That being said, I'd like to ask a question about faction relations. I've always enjoyed setting up my own faction in vanilla and slowly building up my strength so as to one day challenge the core worlds, and after 20 hours of freelancing I started trying to do the same in my first Nexerelin run. Now I understand that this is meant to be challenging, but holy hell did I get stomped into the ground. Within 30 minutes 3 main factions had allied against me and declared war. I had little to no interaction with them, but I believe the random (?) diplomacy events pushed my score with the Persean League into the minus and they promptly went to war with me and brought the Dicktat and Tri-Techyon along for the ride. This promptly tanked what little profit I was making as three whole markets suddenly refused to trade with me. After wiping my single size 3 colony with 3 huge invasion fleets, I was left with a single fleet and no way to recover relations.

Again, I understand that this is probably designed to punishingly hard for go-it-your-own factions, as it seems to be designed towards picking and joining a faction. I was wondering, however, if there was any way to alter the settings for diplomatic events, either in game or through tampering with the mod files? Maybe cause diplomacy events to fire much less frequently, give much less lower score, or ideally have them not fire for the player faction? Again, just want to stress that this is a great mod. I really enjoy so many features that it adds but I find it hard to want to start again when the RNG could just decide to hit me with a couple of bad events, causing half the sector to rise up and squash me. Sorry for the long post and apologies if this has been already answered.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: July 07, 2019, 09:37:56 PM »

Hello everyone, new user here, first time posting on this board. First of all just want to say thank you for to Alex and everyone in the modding community for the hundreds of hours of fun I've gotten from Star Sector. I've been playing vanilla since 0.7 (I think?) and only recently started trying out various mods to keep things fresh. Just started Nexerelin and blown away by how much it adds to the game. Hard to go back to playing vanilla now, its that good.

That being said, I'd like to ask a question about faction relations. I've always enjoyed setting up my own faction in vanilla and slowly building up my strength so as to one day challenge the core worlds, and after 20 hours of freelancing I started trying to do the same in my first Nexerelin run. Now I understand that this is meant to be challenging, but holy hell did I get stomped into the ground. Within 30 minutes 3 main factions had allied against me and declared war. I had little to no interaction with them, but I believe the random (?) diplomacy events pushed my score with the Persean League into the minus and they promptly went to war with me and brought the Dicktat and Tri-Techyon along for the ride. This promptly tanked what little profit I was making as three whole markets suddenly refused to trade with me. After wiping my single size 3 colony with 3 huge invasion fleets, I was left with a single fleet and no way to recover relations.

Again, I understand that this is probably designed to punishingly hard for go-it-your-own factions, as it seems to be designed towards picking and joining a faction. I was wondering, however, if there was any way to alter the settings for diplomatic events, either in game or through tampering with the mod files? Maybe cause diplomacy events to fire much less frequently, give much less lower score, or ideally have them not fire for the player faction? Again, just want to stress that this is a great mod. I really enjoy so many features that it adds but I find it hard to want to start again when the RNG could just decide to hit me with a couple of bad events, causing half the sector to rise up and squash me. Sorry for the long post and apologies if this has been already answered.

If you head into your Nexerelin mod folder and open up the "exerelin_config.json" file using a text editor.

Then, look for the line "followersDiplomacy" and set that to false and it should fix what you wanted.

There are other lines in there too for tweaking other aspects of Nex too if you want to change them for personal balance reasons.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: July 08, 2019, 09:47:08 AM »

Noticed that Invasion fleets are a little too easily distracted. They will happily forget whatever they were doing a and chase a couple of pirate frigates. They try to get back to the mission, but as soon as the pirate frigate gets closer, they instnatly turn after it again. The fleet can spend months massing about instead of reaching their main objective. The only solution is to stay well away from the fleet, so it's abstracted, then it moves to the target properly.

Invasion fleets should just outright ignore anything with less than say, half of their FP, of the fleet and just move to their objective.

Murtagh21

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: July 10, 2019, 12:59:38 PM »

Hi, Just found this game a month ago and just started playing a game with this mod on with a couple QOL and factions. Is there a way to force your faction to join an existing alliance? Also is it normal that I am able to maintain my commission while having two colonies? Other than that great stuff super fun mod.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: July 10, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »

Yes, go to a colony of the faction in the alliance you want to join in, choose "special actions" or whatever was it called (added by Nex, so you should find it), then choose the first option (join the alliance). Yes, it's normal to have colonies while having a commission; in fact, it's even a vanilla feature. This means that, outwardly, your colonies kinda belong to your commissioner faction, but you can still fall out and have internal conflict break the commission.
In fact, it would be nice, if commission worked only if you have colonies smaller than size, dunno, 6. Size 6 and up, no commission, no free money, alliance or bust.

Murtagh21

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: July 10, 2019, 05:55:26 PM »

Yes, go to a colony of the faction in the alliance you want to join in, choose "special actions" or whatever was it called (added by Nex, so you should find it), then choose the first option (join the alliance). Yes, it's normal to have colonies while having a commission; in fact, it's even a vanilla feature. This means that, outwardly, your colonies kinda belong to your commissioner faction, but you can still fall out and have internal conflict break the commission.
In fact, it would be nice, if commission worked only if you have colonies smaller than size, dunno, 6. Size 6 and up, no commission, no free money, alliance or bust.

Ah, that sorta makes sense. I didn't see it because I was commissioned. So they technically are in the alliance just without an actual vote. Yeah, that should be a thing. Once your planets are too powerful it doesn't make sense for you to be an officer in their fleet.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 396