Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013705 times)

Aedarin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2 "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-06-23)
« Reply #2175 on: June 26, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »

After playing around as the Pathers and Pirates for most of my SS career, I can't help but want a change of pace. A side that's truly unique. We should be able to play as the [REDACTED]. Can't imagine this being a spoiler for anyone in this thread but:

Spoiler
It would be great if we could have a Rogue A.I. start. All the Remnant bases but our own are hidden markets that we have to find. The more we find and dock with and reprogram, the more active they become. We have a Commission with this 'side', and the pay grows dependent on the number of markets we have reprogrammed. The more that have been reprogrammed, the stronger their fleets are and the more they raid. Standard colonizing mechanics apply, except A.I. inspections and Pather terrorist acts are disabled for us. Our 'population' is some sort of standardized worker drone or whatever. As if anyone ever wondered what kind of robot Skynet used to load ammo into the big tank mech things in T2.

Instead of our colonies producing resources in the supply and demand chain and participating in the sector market, our colonies could house industries that provide other bonuses and effects like fewer d-mods and etc, sort of sidestepping the issue of traders and smugglers from other factions visiting. For stability we could just have it set to max, and tie the accessibility/fleet strength to the number of Remnant bases we have reset.

Once we have settled a certain number of planets and reprogrammed a certain number of bases then the humans of the sector will become progressively more aware of our activities and aggressively hostile until they begin to all band together to wage a desperate all-out war of survival. No conquest, only obliteration. Perhaps conquest later on after the initial idea gets incorporated and all the kinks ironed out.
[close]

Unless I'm out to lunch on how the game works internally, it shouldn't be too difficult to do. Swap a few images, disable a few potential after battle loot rewards such as crew and blueprints etc. I'm not sure how much control one has over things like Pather cells via scripting, though. Perhaps it would be much harder than I think lol.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: June 26, 2019, 02:15:14 PM »

vayra sort of competes with nex now in terms of what it does, it's no longer a faction mod? so maybe that's a conflict.

Hmm.... The Vayra page specifically says its compatible with Nex. However in the same paragraph it does say it alters quite a bit of things. I don't think this means I have to pull the mod from my list just yet. I think I will test a bit more. After restarting my campaign the issues seems to be fixed. From what I read on the other thread I made about this one user said it might be directly related to Vayra tagging a station as unraidable. Its actually still possible to get rid of the station I just need to basically destabilize it to death. After a certain point I guess the AI will just abandon it? I'm unsure and frankly unsure if it really matters. I've never actually stuck to a single campaign long enough to completely wipe out all AI.  I think it might be a little more possible now with the new nex features that allow me to succeed ownership of a colony to my faction.

In retrospect finding IBB missions at bars or stations has been pretty rare for me in recently campaigns, as in nonexistent sometimes. Maybe Varya and SWP are clashing? I don't know I really hate the idea of throwing around baseless stupidity. DR might want IBB missions to be a bit more rare, It might just be pure dumb luck, My modlist is also bloated and huge and might need pruning. To be really frank I kind of regret even bringing it up because I have no logs, no crash event and frankly it could be any number of things unrelated to either mod. The fact still remains that everything could be running and working perfectly fine and that I'm complaining about ***.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:33:13 PM by Alphascrub »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 27, 2019, 04:10:08 AM »

"Hidden" markets (normally this means pirate and Pather bases) cannot be invaded or have agents sent to them.
I'll make saturation bombardment have no rep penalty on such markets, but in this case I expect it'll still leave behind an annoying abandoned station. Guess I'll poke Vayra a bit.

In retrospect finding IBB missions at bars or stations has been pretty rare for me in recently campaigns, as in nonexistent sometimes. Maybe Varya and SWP are clashing?
Seems unlikely. It's probably just a matter of looking in the correct factions' bars (currently only appears for Hegemony, League, Independents, II, Shadowyards, ORA and Tiandong).
(Also the chance of the bar person appearing is reduced if there are IBB missions which have been accepted but not yet completed)

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 27, 2019, 01:49:13 PM »

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to post an error message. This is my first post, I've read the FAQ and a fruitless search for a solution brought no answers.

Description
The game crashes to desktop with an error message "Fatal:null. See Starsector log". It happens at the very same time in game, about a few seconds after starting my last saved game. The save is from the 26.06.2019. It always repeats at the very same time in this save game. It happens in every savegame I make, sooner or later. In those cases the point of time and reason for the crash are the same as here. The error has first started appearing about two weeks ago. I upgraded the nexerelin mod files to the newest versions one week ago. A reinstallation of the nex mod, two days ago, brought no betterment.

Excerpt of the last part of the log file
Spoiler
67900 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  - Diplomacy brain for HMI considering options
69096 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [HostileWaters.ogg]
69456 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Ambush.ogg]
69457 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [Ambush.ogg]
69514 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.getAgents(CovertOpsManager.java:562)
   at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.reportEconomyTick(CovertOpsManager.java:487)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEconomyTick(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Oppinion
To me it looks like some part of nexerelin array isn't handled correctly when trying to call the CovertOpsManager. The error keeps happening at the exact same point. I've had it about six times in a row now and the error description is always the same. I recently added some newer mods to my game, such as Varya's Sector, Hazard mining and Celestial Circle. Maybe the interconnection between one of those mods and Nexerelin is the problem? I lack the knowledge and experience to judge.

Request
Please take a look at the situation and tell me if a fix is possible. Unfortunately I can't add any files (except the zipped list of active mods) due to size constraints, even when using zip. I can find some online upload website though, if you need to see the file.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:54:13 PM by maxi1.1 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 27, 2019, 05:26:35 PM »

Are you playing a savegame with an old Nex version (0.9.1c or older) that hasn't been saved with 0.9.1d-g? That's the only explanation I can see for this.

One thing to try:
- Download and install Nexerelin 0.9.1g
- Load game
- Save game and exit
- Download and install Nexerelin 0.9.2
- Load and play

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: June 28, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »

Thank you for the quick response. My Savegame indeed started with 0.9.1c Nex. I upgraded to 0.9.2 a few days ago without taking the 0.9.1g in between. I just now did the steps you recommended but unfortunately the crash still persists with the same pattern. I have checked my VParameters file for RAM allocation and that seems ok, still.

I cannot think of any more reasons why this error persists and I can't try loading the save without some other modules for testing. It gives me an error message when loading. Just to clarify: Would starting a new game with the newest version of Nex installed still be vulnerable to this error? I would hate to lose my progress but what if that turns out to the solution?

Or are other modules not properly integrated, could that be the cause? I have noticed that shortly before the crash the Vayra's sector mod fails to load something. However it appears to handle the exception without a problem and without a crash.

Excerpt of new log file from 28.06.2019
Spoiler
86888 [Thread-4] ERROR data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyManager  - rare_flagships.csv loading failed!!! ;.....;
86888 [Thread-4] ERROR data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyManager  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["weight"] is not a number.
86890 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyManager  - Killing the vanilla bounty manager, RIP losers
86890 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 36
86890 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 37
86890 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 38
86891 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
88857 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
88989 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Ambush.ogg]
88989 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [Ambush.ogg]
90500 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  - Diplomacy brain for HMI considering options
91705 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.reportEconomyTick(CovertOpsManager.java:487)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
[close]

Thank you very much for your help.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 28, 2019, 07:58:19 PM »

Hmm, that's odd.

A clean new game with 0.9.2 will work, yes.
Does the old save still crash if you only upgrade up to 0.9.1g and then play that? That's also an option.

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 29, 2019, 05:46:22 AM »

I have attempted your solution and it unfortunately did not work. I deleted the "old" nex folder and then started the game without nex, but did not load the save. Then I reinstalled nex 0.9.1g. The save game could not be loaded and it gave an error message. The style and content of the message was similar to when I tried to load the save with a "mod comp error" warning below the savegame. That warning did not appear and logically it should have loaded the save with 0.9.1g.

Then I uninstalled 091G and reinstalled 092. The save could be loaded without an issue but the crash happened again, with a similar error message as before.

Excerpt of log
Spoiler
71904 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Spacer20Seconds.ogg]
71904 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [Spacer20Seconds.ogg]
72752 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  - Diplomacy brain for HMI considering options
73882 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Spacer20Seconds.ogg]
73904 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Ambush.ogg]
73904 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [Ambush.ogg]
74221 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
[close]

I just had an idea. Could it be, that the mod attempts to find an Agent (shady guy, destabilizes markets and so on) in an array but cannot find one? Or maybe the array that holds the base Agents is not correctly defined? Or perhaps the location, where the agent should do his thing, can't be found or loaded correctly?

I will copy the savegame files to a different location for safekeeping and in case they can come in handy in the future. Then I will start a new game with nex 092. I'll monitor the progress and report in again if the error appears again. If any of you have other suggestions I can still try them out with the "old" save files.

Thank you very much for your time.  :)

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 29, 2019, 06:44:06 PM »

Tri Tachyon just colonized a planet in my current game and I just wanted to say dope mod man.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 30, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »

Excellent set of features in the latest patch

blaa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 30, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »

I´m having a blast using Nex, some utility mods like combat chatter and vanilla sector & vanilla factions.  8)

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: July 05, 2019, 04:18:51 PM »

Is there list of all the IBB ships you can acquire? Do IBB targets regenerate, or are they finite? Thanks for the mod, btw. Incredibly good.

But if I may criticize one thing, it's the rate at which reputation between factions changes. In my experience, the frequency feels too high. It can also invalidate efforts to improve reputation. I want to invite the Persean League to our alliance, but the random "diplomatic blunders" and such have put a stop to that plan over and over until I got the memo to just give up.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: July 05, 2019, 04:23:44 PM »

Is there list of all the IBB ships you can acquire? Do IBB targets regenerate, or are they finite? Thanks for the mod, btw. Incredibly good.

The International Bounty Board (IBB) and its missions are part of the Ship/Weapon Pack mod, not Nexerelin.

Nonetheless: I don't think there's a documented list anywhere, but the mod forum post does include this lovely image with (IIRC) all the bounty ships you can find - though this does include those of other mods which add their own IBBs (Shadowyards, Tiandong, Interstellar Imperium, etc.) so if you aren't using those mods (some aren't updated to 0.9 btw) you won't find those ships.

Spoiler

[close]

IBB missions are one-offs: once you've fought the battle, it won't spawn again.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: July 05, 2019, 06:24:47 PM »

The International Bounty Board (IBB) and its missions are part of the Ship/Weapon Pack mod, not Nexerelin.

Nonetheless: I don't think there's a documented list anywhere, but the mod forum post does include this lovely image with (IIRC) all the bounty ships you can find - though this does include those of other mods which add their own IBBs (Shadowyards, Tiandong, Interstellar Imperium, etc.) so if you aren't using those mods (some aren't updated to 0.9 btw) you won't find those ships.

Spoiler

[close]

I want to say after defeating IBB ships they have a chance to show up in markets like Prism Freeport but frankly I'm not sure anymore. I skimmed the change log in SWP and didn't see it there so maybe thats a figment of my imagination. However they will always spawn after battles so I guess it doesn't really matter. I always seem to get a bunch of hades. Call it luck but last time I got all four of them.

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: July 06, 2019, 07:45:17 AM »

Spoiler

[close]

I want to say after defeating IBB ships they have a chance to show up in markets like Prism Freeport but frankly I'm not sure anymore. I skimmed the change log in SWP and didn't see it there so maybe thats a figment of my imagination. However they will always spawn after battles so I guess it doesn't really matter. I always seem to get a bunch of hades. Call it luck but last time I got all four of them.

You are definitely right! I see a Pony for sale in the Prism Freeport right now. But that may be because I opted not to recover it (for obvious, pink reasons). I just hope that the other ships will appear, as I would love to have more Undines, Fractures and Phillipsheads.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 396