Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013461 times)

barecgesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.2 "No Peace Beyond the Rim" (update 2019-06-23)
« Reply #2160 on: June 22, 2019, 11:57:48 PM »

Fantastic mod especially now with the added colony runs 

Robb_w

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 23, 2019, 12:07:34 AM »

Perfect. Thanks for clarifying that

Rokiyo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 23, 2019, 04:31:52 AM »

Great mod, been enjoying it greatly.

Not sure if this is an issue with the base game or your mod, but fairly early on in my Hegemony run, a bunch of other factions ganged up on Chicomoztoc and quickly knocked out the megaport and orbital works. Compounded with just about everyone else being hostile, stability has been really low across all Hegemony markets, and down in the single digits for Chicomoztoc.

This bit isn't the problem, the problem is the severe food shortages triggering procurement missions... And while taking those missions can make you a lot of money, it doesn't seem to do anything to address the local deficits. For example, I just had a procurement contract for 4360 food that I just handed in. Chicomoztoc had a deficit 1500 food beforehand, and it still has the same deficit now. Same issue occurs if you use the food as part of an unrest relief package: That food doesn't actually enter the market and so doesn't actually address the deficit.

Mysterius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 23, 2019, 05:23:10 AM »

Hello!

Question : why is the player faction using the same color as Tri-Tachyon ? This is a bit confusing when they're involved...

This is my colony :

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: June 23, 2019, 05:34:06 AM »

Nexerelin doesn't change that at all, actually. This is how it works in the base game.

Mysterius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 23, 2019, 05:48:02 AM »

Oh. Sorry then... Any idea how to change that? I looked into the player.faction file but that only changed the color of the circle around my ship and around nav buoys and such, not the color of my colonies.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 23, 2019, 06:04:03 PM »

last update seems interesting, do you have some details about how colony expedition work? like, should i not sell survey data? Can they fail? Does faction stop after a time?

namad

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 23, 2019, 10:39:22 PM »

anyone know how derelict empire mode works?
or what a derelict market is exactly? how are they meant to function? I totally don't "get it" they're markets that you can't interact with?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: June 23, 2019, 11:21:19 PM »

Question: If you make a colony autonomous, does its exports still count as in faction for maintenance reduction? For example, say I get a gas giant with a mine set up to provide volatiles: if I make it independent, do my fuel production colonies still have reduced maintenance?

Also, I am incredibly intrigued by the scenarios - any more details about what the system entails?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 24, 2019, 04:37:02 AM »

This bit isn't the problem, the problem is the severe food shortages triggering procurement missions... And while taking those missions can make you a lot of money, it doesn't seem to do anything to address the local deficits. For example, I just had a procurement contract for 4360 food that I just handed in. Chicomoztoc had a deficit 1500 food beforehand, and it still has the same deficit now. Same issue occurs if you use the food as part of an unrest relief package: That food doesn't actually enter the market and so doesn't actually address the deficit.
Yeah, that's something I dislike too.
Nexerelin makes it worse by creating more supply disruption sources, but procurement missions not contributing to local supply is an issue with vanilla code. I'll post a suggestions thread later.

last update seems interesting, do you have some details about how colony expedition work? like, should i not sell survey data? Can they fail? Does faction stop after a time?
- Faction colony expeditions work completely independently of player's surveying (so you don't get an incentive against doing surveys).
- They're basically guaranteed to succeed if nobody interferes with them, although averting them (credit cost increases with each use, but more slowly than for expeditions) and giving the fleet an "accident" in space always works.
- The colony expedition interval increases with the number of NPC colonies already formed, but they won't actually hard stop unless they run out of in-range planets they consider suitable for colonisation.

anyone know how derelict empire mode works?
or what a derelict market is exactly? how are they meant to function? I totally don't "get it" they're markets that you can't interact with?
They exist only to be conquered, basically. So everyone starts with one planet and takes territory at the expense of the derelicts (a bit like classic Exerelin, if anyone remembers that).

Question: If you make a colony autonomous, does its exports still count as in faction for maintenance reduction? For example, say I get a gas giant with a mine set up to provide volatiles: if I make it independent, do my fuel production colonies still have reduced maintenance?
*checks* Turns out it does!

Also, I am incredibly intrigued by the scenarios - any more details about what the system entails?
Long story short, a modder can have the scenario run arbitrary code at certain points in the game (character creation, after procgen, after initial economy load, after the new game time pass) to set up the initial Sector they want.
The space of possible scenarios hasn't been explored yet so I can't say how much is possible without breaking an existing assumption of the game/mod. But if someone wants to do something I can add support for it, if it's not too hard to do so.

(The custom starts are much easier to set up, especially since they affect fewer things; I expect more modders have things they want to do within this scope anyway)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 24, 2019, 08:30:09 AM »

Very cool! Thanks a bunch. :)

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 24, 2019, 06:26:59 PM »

So I'm not sure if this is Nex related but can you think of any reason why I wouldn't have the option to take a station or destroy it? In one of my systems there is another faction that has a station orbiting one of my colonies. I can raid it for supplies, or bomb it but even with 1k marines I just don't have the option to take it. I can't target it with console commands of any type and the faction directory doesn't list it at all. I can't send fleets to it, spys to it ect. Its a station from the Kaldur Remnant which I'm pretty sure is a modded faction I just cant seem to remember what mod its attached to (Vayra's Sector it seems) I'm sorry if this is completely unrelated I also dont have much for logs to show since this is kind of a weird bug. Here's a screen shot. Keep in mind I've already defeated the station in combat so Its really left me kind of confused.

https://i.gyazo.com/838b78c7a55c049d0a83a4818803decf.png

One with my station orbiting the same planet.

https://i.gyazo.com/60c3bc04f24bdea8b127b24e96933e50.png

It's not really a huge deal, I hesitate to even mention it since I'm probably going to start a new campaign with your update. Again sorry if this is completely unrelated to nex and thanks for making a great mod.

Edit: Cursory searching should always be done first. I haven't a clue if this is VS or Nex or Vanilla related. I left a post here and over at VS. Normally dont like to do that but  I'm not sure, so I supposed I will leave the thread up. Thanks again for your time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:49:55 PM by Alphascrub »

namad

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 25, 2019, 05:41:10 AM »

vayra sort of competes with nex now in terms of what it does, it's no longer a faction mod? so maybe that's a conflict.

Rokiyo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 25, 2019, 08:37:20 PM »

Yeah, that's something I dislike too.
Nexerelin makes it worse by creating more supply disruption sources, but procurement missions not contributing to local supply is an issue with vanilla code. I'll post a suggestions thread later.

FYI - I've raised a suggestion thread for this: Procurement missions should affect market deficits

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 26, 2019, 01:21:47 AM »

Nice update, much appreciated!

Now if we could have a mission of sort when you talk to the base commander to spend marines squads in order to provide a defense boost modifier lasting some months, that would be cool. That would be a direct tool to help endangered markets .
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 396