Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013142 times)

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9.1b "Double-Zero Agent" (update+fix 2019-03-03)
« Reply #2025 on: March 05, 2019, 07:32:01 AM »

This has been happening ever since I started playing with random core worlds, not sure if it's a bug or not but:

All Tri-Tachyon non military markets always have the same things for sale:

1 Prometheus, and 2 other ships, most likely to be frigates. I really don't know why, but I've played like 6 games with it, and every time it's 3 slots, with those ships in them. Military markets are what you'd expect.

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 05, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »

Hey guys, got my first agent today. I only see him on the expenses report. No idea where to access him, where to use him, how to use him. Help!

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 05, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »

Is anyone else getting multiple Luddic Path cells on their colonies? I have up to like five of them simultaneously on my colonies in different states (some active, some not.) Is this a feature or a bug? If I recall, vanilla/stock(ish) SS only allowed one cell per colony, no? (I don't recall multiple cells per colony in 0.9 in the games I played before Nexerelin was updated to support it.)
That sounds wild. Indeed, there should only be one cell per colony at most.
The only bit of vanilla code that adds the Pather cell condition specifically checks if the condition already exists on that colony; Nexerelin doesn't add any cell-adding code of its own and I don't know of any mod that does either.

Could you post the save and/or modlist? I might be able to debug it.

Mods:

Active-Gates
Another Portrait Pack
Audio Plus]Autosave
Common Radar
DIABLEAVIONICS
Fix All Empty Planets
GraphicsLib
GrytpypeMoriarty
Kadur Remnant
LazyLib
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Lightshow
MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy
Neutrino corp
Nexerelin
PlanetaryShieldAccessControl
Portrait pack
SCY
Ship and Weapon Pack
SkilledUp
sylphon
tahlan
Tyrador Safeguard Coalition
Underworld
UnknownSkies
UpgradedRotaryWeapons
Useable [REDACTED]
Version Checker

Save File: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Augwr6cXak-jrATD-9BufAvp-Ven

NOTE: My settings files for the game as a whole has been modified as well. It's mainly changing up the max officer count. (Baseline of 14 versus 4, since I have not idea how to mod the actual skill levels to give more than the current +2 per level.)

One mod, Useable [REDACTED], was updated my me in my install to support the newer vessels and a couple added by mods. (Shouldn't affect the save loading since it seems to only affect the ability to salvage vessels.)

All mods up-to-date currently according to VersionChecker, minus 2 unsupported mods and one with apparently a broken version file or something. (Update check fails.)

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for looking into this.

Hey guys, got my first agent today. I only see him on the expenses report. No idea where to access him, where to use him, how to use him. Help!
Intel Screen and look for the *new* Agent tab/category.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 05, 2019, 10:11:43 PM »

I had to ask on the discord for this as well! They can be accessed in the Intel page; having agents adds a tag ( I think called "agents"?). Clicking on the tab displays their names on the left. Clicking on a name gives their stats on the right pane and lets you assign missions.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 05, 2019, 10:52:56 PM »

StahnAileron: Thanks for the save!
Hmm, when I look at the GUI I don't see that any of the player colonies has more than one Pather cell each. And the following code in console (dev version) doesn't turn up anything on either player or NPC markets:

Code: java
runcode for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy())
        {
            //if (market.getFaction().isPlayerFaction()) continue;
            int numCells = 0;
            for (MarketConditionAPI cond : market.getConditions()) {
                if (cond.getId().equals(Conditions.PATHER_CELLS)) {
                    numCells++;
                }
            }
            if (numCells > 1)
                Console.showMessage("Market " + market.getName() + " has " + numCells + " Luddic cells");
        }
Are you seeing something different when you load the save on your end?
(In case there's confusion on this point: there can be one cell per colony, not one per faction)

BTW: You can use agents to remove Pather cells on markets they're on, you may find this worthwhile.

EDIT:

This has been happening ever since I started playing with random core worlds, not sure if it's a bug or not but:

All Tri-Tachyon non military markets always have the same things for sale:

1 Prometheus, and 2 other ships, most likely to be frigates. I really don't know why, but I've played like 6 games with it, and every time it's 3 slots, with those ships in them. Military markets are what you'd expect.
Hmm, not observing the issue on my end (e.g. this is a fairly typical open market on the two test games I just generated).
I'd speculate that this is a weird interaction with another mod changing TT's available ships, but I don't know why such a thing would leave military markets unaffected.

Anyone else seeing a similar issue?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:11:17 PM by Histidine »

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 05, 2019, 11:34:33 PM »

Apologies if what I'll write below gonna be a bit rambly. Either way, I'd wanted to leave a bit of feedback on the agents system - as I both love it and hate it. Here's why. (Impressions made on an independent playthrough for 99% of time, so not on a commission)

So, first - the good things? Well, there's a few that's for sure. They're a great asset in curbing down the hostilities and managing the constant expeditions as it gives us an option to improve the relations with the raiding party. Meaning that if we're at war, we may finally be able to get peaceful with a faction without having to either doing missions for them or coming to the core systems to spent "tokens" (by which I mean gamma cores or VIP's we captured). To say that's convenient it's an understatement truly, as with a bit of time and some money we're spared the hassle of trying to get some respite for our colonies through direct interaction. Furthermore, we can always set the agents to work so we have a bit of rep to spent (instead of credits) to avert the expeditions and such. I'd say that's a very good thing for early and mid-game as using agents is more cost effective than spending cash. Of course this changes if we're earning over a million in one tick a month, but then that's late game for you.

Furthermore, since currently there's no way to view the planet side industries and defenses of the planet that does interest us - being able to sent an agent to the market is really useful. As we can conduct some espionage on site by exploring the possible missions without actually giving 'em out to execute. Thanks to this I was able to do a quick list of industrial targets like orbital works and fuel production facilities - with associated information like are there nanoforges installed and what kind. Really useful stuff, since I plan to 'equal the playing field' and sell some to the AI ;)

Speaking of industrial targets, it is of course helpful that we can play a "pather card" and mess with AI's industries too. Not to mention the fact that we can always try to toss some sand into eyes of ai faction's ally - and break their alliance given enough time and money. Quite useful if we find one alliance starting to dominate the sector. I had heg and TT almost wiping out sindria - but with agents I had managed to break that unholy union (those who saw my screens on discord know what I talk about haha) apart and set against each other.

And oh, being able to scout up pather bases is great. I'd wish the same could be done about pirates?

So, in other words there's a lot of positives to talk about when it comes to agents. If I'll be starting a new playthrough, I'll definitively gonna try a more aggressive AI setting  since agents are really making it possible to curb the "constant tournament cheating" that sets off everybody against you in just a matter of month from a full cooperative relationship. I'm exaggerating of course for comedic effect.

Not all is good however. As on normal settings, the properly employed agents make the game ridiculously easy to be honest. Not to mention that their success chances are too high as well. I'll try to explain what I mean by that of course.

Unless someone will start throwing a level 1 agent onto industrial sabotage missions, they'll find themselves with a maxed out agent in no time really. The raising/lowering relation missions are stupidly easy (AND USEFUL so you'll want your agents to do these things after all!) with base chance of 70. And it only gets better as the agent improves, providing for a really easy and fast way to level 'em up. Not to mention that even if unsuccessful, I never had any of my agents in trouble. Even if the security was on alert (I'll touch on them in a bit), they had no problem repeating their mission and exping in the process.

Not that industrial sabotage (and other activities) need a lot in terms of leveling up either, as level 3's have already a good success chance for blowing orbital works up for instance. So I'd would argue that though base success chances are considerably lower for these kind of activities (industrial sabotage, market destabilization and stockpile sabotage) - a midtier agent have no trouble of succeeding at them. And even if they won't, they won't be in trouble either (literally never had any attempt blowing up in my face) apparently.

The fact that "security alert" is kinda artificial doesn't help? Nor it does make much sense really. If the mission goes sour for our spy, all we need to do is to give him an easy task of rising/lowering relations (which they can do in circa 20 days if high level - so quite quickly) and the security alert will cease to exist. Giving us another safe try to do some nefarious and potentially explosive stuff. It does make sense if our first attempt was unsuccessful and there's nothing "disrupted" on the market. That however makes very little sense if we're trying to blow another thing up (for instance in my current game I've blew up Kazeron's OB and then megaport and followed it up market destabilization as well as sabotage of stockpiled hulls - all in span of just few months with either OB or MP disrupted - at one point at the same time) while our first target is still repairing the damages. What I'm trying to say that there's no difficulty curve to this, as all we need to do is to sent the agent off world or give him an easy and quick task of rising/lowering rep to just reset the security settings to null again before our next strike.

Which makes it too easy to be honest.

And that'd be my main gripe with it as of now honestly. Once you're floating with money, you can just keep playing with dynamite without increased difficulty nor risk factor. At least that's how it does feel.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 06, 2019, 01:30:46 AM »

Hmm, not observing the issue on my end (e.g. this is a fairly typical open market on the two test games I just generated).
I'd speculate that this is a weird interaction with another mod changing TT's available ships, but I don't know why such a thing would leave military markets unaffected.

Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

Here are the mods I'm using, if you can see a wonky interaction with those:

Spoiler
[close]

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 06, 2019, 03:10:57 PM »

StahnAileron: Thanks for the save!
Hmm, when I look at the GUI I don't see that any of the player colonies has more than one Pather cell each. [...] Are you seeing something different when you load the save on your end?
(In case there's confusion on this point: there can be one cell per colony, not one per faction)

BTW: You can use agents to remove Pather cells on markets they're on, you may find this worthwhile.
Yeah, I get (currently) like 6 icons for Pather cells, both on my colonies and apparently some NPC worlds. Maybe it's just the GUI glitching out on me or something I did to the main game config file screwed things over for me. (I swear I only touched officer levels and count...) But it seems like each time a Pather Sleeper cell goes active, another icon/cell gets added rather than just the already existing cell getting activated. Lemme see if I can get you a screenshot... *goes to start SS*

*struggles to get a screenshot...*

*gets screenshot finally...*: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Augwr6cXak-jrAW52JfEpAE6KLc5

The in-game logs for pather activity list 85 items. Two reference bases (of which I've blown up); the other 83 log items reference pather cells. The other thing I can think of is that the in-game log in my game isn't properly purging old entries.

In the mean time: YES! A way to get rid of pather cells! I'll do that until I can figure out what the hell I did to my game install... Thanks for that feature!

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 06, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

Euphytose, a common cause of wonky ship/weapon availability (both in the marketplace and in generated fleets) is the dreaded empty array in a mod's faction files. The Starsector wiki goes into some details about what actually happens (https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/0.9a_Compatibility), but basically having an empty array - denoted by [] in the various *.faction files - can be really, really bad.

Unfortunately, about the only way to find the culprit is to go searching through the "\data\world\factions" subfolders of all your installed mods looking for the [] character combination. If you find any empty arrays, and they aren't on lines that are commented out with the # character, then they could be the source of this issue. It'll be a bit of work, but at least in this case you could limit yourself to just the tritachyon.faction files.

matveich

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 06, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »

Histidine, could you, please, allow NPC colonies to grow? Specifically(ColonyManager.java):

Code
public static final int MAX_NPC_COLONY_SIZE = 0;
if (allowGrowth && !market.isHidden() && market.getSize() < MAX_NPC_COLONY_SIZE
&& Misc.getMarketSizeProgress(market) >= 1) {

Or at least move it to json config file?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:42:14 PM by matveich »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 06, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »

Euphytose, a common cause of wonky ship/weapon availability (both in the marketplace and in generated fleets) is the dreaded empty array in a mod's faction files....

It'll probably be Stop Gap Measures, that was the last mod I saw with reports of this error.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9.1c "Double-Zero Agent" (update 2019-03-07)
« Reply #2036 on: March 07, 2019, 04:21:51 AM »

Quick update to fix the cell infiltration crashes, and fix or at least bandaid a couple of issues.
Thanks again for the feedback Hussar! I hope to devise some good solutions in the future.

Nexerelin v0.9.1c
Download

Changelog
Code
* Agent fixes/improvements
    * Security alert level actually relevant now (decrement interval 15 -> 30 days, decrement amount 25% -> 5%)
    * Raise relations cost 20k -> 30k, success chance 70% -> 60%
    * Recruitment bar event doesn't appear on markets where faction is immune to agent actions
    * Fix infiltrate cell crash when supporting base is destroyed or otherwise absent
    * Fix text error while on a hyperspace market
    * Fix GUI issue when number of pages in agent target menu changes
* Fewer, less frequent faction bounties
* Don't add vengeance points from invasion/raid fleets and anything with low rep impact
* Faction respawn check interval 90 -> 120 days
* Offensive fleets using allied equipment are marked as such in fleet name; ships renamed
* Fix a bug in AI deciding whether to offer a ceasefire
* Fix ceasefire auto-accept not working
* Fix factions declaring war on pirate factions

Histidine, could you, please, allow NPC colonies to grow? Specifically(ColonyManager.java):

Code
public static final int MAX_NPC_COLONY_SIZE = 0;
if (allowGrowth && !market.isHidden() && market.getSize() < MAX_NPC_COLONY_SIZE
&& Misc.getMarketSizeProgress(market) >= 1) {

Or at least move it to json config file?
I could put it in the config file yeah, next version probably.
(I'll also add something so modders can mark specific markets as non-growing)

Yeah, I get (currently) like 6 icons for Pather cells, both on my colonies and apparently some NPC worlds. Maybe it's just the GUI glitching out on me or something I did to the main game config file screwed things over for me. (I swear I only touched officer levels and count...) But it seems like each time a Pather Sleeper cell goes active, another icon/cell gets added rather than just the already existing cell getting activated. Lemme see if I can get you a screenshot... *goes to start SS*

*struggles to get a screenshot...*

*gets screenshot finally...*: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Augwr6cXak-jrAW52JfEpAE6KLc5

The in-game logs for pather activity list 85 items. Two reference bases (of which I've blown up); the other 83 log items reference pather cells. The other thing I can think of is that the in-game log in my game isn't properly purging old entries.
Ah, yeah, the save I have lists the duplicate cells in the intel screen too. Though one cell seems to be actually present (in the sense of having a stability effect) per market, even though Tortuga Station has at least six active cell intel items listed in intel screen.

My guess is a mod is deleting the condition but not the intel event (or vice versa), so new cell events think the market is clear and occur there? Not sure.
I'll ask if any of the other mods are touching this stuff, at least.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 04:25:18 AM by Histidine »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 07, 2019, 10:39:32 AM »

That last one might be me, will look into it.

E: Almost definitely me -- the reaper was killing the base manager script, which was meant to prevent further bases from spawning while still letting cells "run their course". Of course, the manager script looks like it's also the script that removes stuff when it's finished...

Anyway, it's not a Nexerelin issue and this will be either fixed or the feature removed in the next Kadur release. In the meantime, it can be avoided on new saves by turning the "stopSpawningRaiderBasesWhenFactionDelet" option off in KADUR_SETTINGS.ini.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:09:26 PM by Vayra »
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 07, 2019, 06:06:53 PM »

This is probably a known bug or possibly intended behavior, but I figure another report won't hurt - after I've founded a colony and my faction takes a planet in an invasion for the first time (or I take one for the faction, either/or), my production target changes to that planet rather than staying on my selected colony. I haven't founded a colony for the first time after taking one so I actually don't know if it works in reverse though. It only happens the once.

RustRain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 08, 2019, 06:27:52 AM »

Is it really possible to win the game with a owned faction? Since every colony, including stations, requires an governor, the player's own faction can only control some 8 markets before suffering mismanagement penalty(stability decrease), which virtually keeps me from capturing more markets, no matter how powerful my fleet is!
p.s. It's also a bit weird that AI factions' markets cannot grow in size ,while the player's can.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 396