Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012952 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9b "War, War Never Changes" (RC2 hotfix 2019-01-21)
« Reply #1950 on: January 31, 2019, 04:30:56 AM »

1. When i put on blueprint trade window(Prism Freeport) some new for me blueprints and use right click on them blueprints disappeared(it`s ok). But when i return to my inventory this blueprints has return as duplicate blueprints.
Yeah, known bug. I can't fix it without introducing a new bug, but it'll go away next Starsector version.

2. Remnants in Remnants Raids not a true Remnants. They not give AI cores, they can retreat in battle, battle with them have special points(ECM, Nav and Com). Why and how?
Seems the "normal" remnant fleets have a config set up that I don't (didn't even know it existed lol). I'll make them drop AI cores and never retreat next version, think I'll keep the objectives though.

How does invasion scaling work? It seems no matter how large and well defended I make a colony the invasions seem to scale up in size enough to require personal intervention, since I'm always at war with half the factions my very valuable colonies are under constant threat of being conquered or stab killed and right now I'm afraid I'll lose a size 9 from having to deal with another doom invasion right after killing another with significant losses.
It guesses how strong the defenses are, then scales to match. It's made to underestimate the effects of defensive industries somewhat (but possibly not enough).

For the space strength: it gets each market in the target system of the same faction as the target market, adds up the strength of all the patrols those markets can spawn (assuming average patrol size), and multiplies that by an underestimate of the fleet size mult (if said mult > 1). Then it adds the station's strength. The final task force strength is based on this total.
You can see the code here.

Ground strength does a similar thing, but only for the target.

Is it possible to implement a limit to how much you can be raided/invaded in a single year like what alex is planning for 0.9.1?
I could, but probably won't. Losing a colony isn't fun but you can always retake it, and at some point there needs to be something that can threaten an entrenched player.

Also I'm told that vanilla expeditions can be disrupted by raiding the space port at the organizing market, could the same be done for nex invasions and raids?
Sounds like a good idea! I'll see about putting that in. (I thought it was already in, but tested and apparently not)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9c "War, War Never Changes" (update 2019-02-02)
« Reply #1951 on: February 01, 2019, 06:40:19 PM »

The next feature update will be some ways off and there were things in the current version that were bothering me, so here's a bunch of fixes and improvements for now.

Nexerelin v0.9c
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.9c
* Add ceasefire offer intel item
* Vengeance fleet adjustments
    * Smaller in general
    * Quality bonuses only from vengeance tier, not fleet size
    * Fix time to spawn display in bullet points
* Remnant raiders can drop AI cores; don't retreat from battle
* Adjust invasion size scaling vs. stations
* More accurate invasion/raid strength estimates
* New random sector features
    * New start setup option: Randomize faction spawn weights
    * Rebalance random sector industry spawning
    * Own faction start gives one package blueprint at start (random choice of low-tech, midline and high tech packages)
        * This is a placeholder for future starting blueprint options
* Add global invasion/vengeance fleet size mults to config
* New blue player flags by Soren
* Intel screen accessible from non-dock special menu
* Easier handling of market arguments for SpawnInvasion/RaidFleet console commands
* Fix some random sector landmark issues (particularly abandoned station in star)
* Fix defense strength tooltip when requesting an invasion fleet
* Fix issue with alliances declaring war not long after making peace
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:57:50 PM by Histidine »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 02, 2019, 12:41:52 AM »

"New update" it SS - 0.9.1? Or next update of you mod? Remnant crisis?
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 02, 2019, 05:17:33 AM »

I have been observing alliances in my current game and it seems with two member alliances at least you get situations when only one alliance member peaces out. Aside from that I was wondering if you could have a successful vote require over half of members rather then at least half? There seems to be a slow spiral into being at war with absolutely everyone for the rest of the game and since the vast majority of alliances are two members with alliances coming and going due to relation changes it means you get a cascade effect with people your on good terms with who suddenly end up hating you because they joined a two polity alliance with a faction who was at least suspicious of you and decided to hit the big red button, then they split after a hour or so of game play and it starts over again when they forge separate alliances.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:44:06 AM by Spess Mahren »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 02, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »

"New update" it SS - 0.9.1? Or next update of you mod? Remnant crisis?
Remnant crisis is a looong way off.
Next Nexerelin update will have some new gameplay features. Not sure whether it'll come out before or after Starsector 0.9.1.

Aside from that I was wondering if you could have a successful vote require over half of members rather then at least half? There seems to be a slow spiral into being at war with absolutely everyone for the rest of the game and since the vast majority of alliances are two members with alliances coming and going due to relation changes it means you get a cascade effect with people your on good terms with who suddenly end up hating you because they joined a two polity alliance with a faction who was at least suspicious of you and decided to hit the big red button, then they split after a hour or so of game play and it starts over again when they forge separate alliances.
Yeah, I may have to do something about alliance votes.
Currently it requires 'yes' votes > 'no' votes, but since members often abstain instead of voting no the resolution often passes. I might just remove abstentions, they're not very interesting.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 03, 2019, 02:02:46 AM »

Aside from that I was wondering if you could have a successful vote require over half of members rather then at least half? There seems to be a slow spiral into being at war with absolutely everyone for the rest of the game and since the vast majority of alliances are two members with alliances coming and going due to relation changes it means you get a cascade effect with people your on good terms with who suddenly end up hating you because they joined a two polity alliance with a faction who was at least suspicious of you and decided to hit the big red button, then they split after a hour or so of game play and it starts over again when they forge separate alliances.
Yeah, I may have to do something about alliance votes.
Currently it requires 'yes' votes > 'no' votes, but since members often abstain instead of voting no the resolution often passes. I might just remove abstentions, they're not very interesting.

But even so, I often find less than few months of peace going before the faction jumps back in into the war - no matter how well or bad it was going for them. It's especially strange if throughout the previous months if not cycles the aforementioned faction was pushing for peace in the alliance and had multiple "war weariness" events.

Have you thought about putting some hard lock on "peacetime" (which can be of course broken by the player) or something like that?

viciousshark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 03, 2019, 10:48:49 AM »

Not sure if this is a bug:

When defending against invasion fleets, enemies will choose to fight with their tankers and freighters instead of retreating when all enemy combat ships are destroyed.

During battle: They will enter the battle and then immediately retreat from the battle.

Post battle: They will continue to choose to fight you (you will have to join the engagement), so you can't get away unless you leave and lose the post battle loot.

It's quite tedious, not sure if it's with Nex or the game itself.

Khas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 03, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »

If I remember correctly this is a vanilla issue that Alex has fixed for 0.9.1.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 05, 2019, 11:13:40 AM »

* New random sector features
    * New start setup option: Randomize faction spawn weights
    * Rebalance random sector industry spawning
    * Own faction start gives one package blueprint at start (random choice of low-tech, midline and high tech packages)
        * This is a placeholder for future starting blueprint options

You're too kind.  :D
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 05, 2019, 11:49:47 AM »

I'm _really_ excited for the blueprint pack! Thanks!

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 05, 2019, 12:26:13 PM »

Nice to see my suggestion implemented so quickly. Now the player isn't thrown to the wolves right out of the gate. Though...
Code
You can just press E anytime, can't you?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 05, 2019, 05:16:37 PM »

Code
You can just press E anytime, can't you?
On the campaign map you can. In the dialog you get by pressing Z though, there was previously no way to access the core tabs (intel, cargo, etc.), and closing the dialog means you have to reconfigure any incomplete fleet request. I found this annoying when I needed to check details of a fleet request target, like "which pirate base is the one I need to kill?"

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 07, 2019, 06:00:52 AM »

I have been experimenting with invasion/raid auto resolve and sitting in system doing nothing and it seems that you are better off not investing in any defense structures whatsoever other then a star fortress when you personally have to deal with a invasion by sitting on your colony since the scaling is so great even in a best case scenario the auto resolve with a size 10 colony with every defense structure fully upgraded coupled with alphas on the planetary shield plus ground batteries will still fold like a house of cards or be utterly crippled even if the intel screen says your ground defense is superior(perhaps that's a result of all opposing fleets attempting to invade individually).
If you sit in system you first notice how the invading fleets even if overwhelming are very reluctant to invade and spend their time chasing every last frigate down (I'm thinking hovering over your planet with your transponder off might also be a cause, flying a bit a way while still being within system seemed to solve the issue if there was no distraction npc allies), also it appears there is a bug where the event can conclude with the invasion succeeding and all invasions/raids getting cancelled if applicable(this has happened when I had overwhelming ground advantage and just sat in system watching) but you still retain control of the colony. finally with just passively watching in system even if you are massively superior ground defense wise the colony will quickly get disrupted in the majority of its industries and this can easily result in it folding if a single defense structure goes down(I don't include the ground defense from a space station since that will always fall before any invasion starts).
Almost forgot, Raids seem busted currently, even if you are at risk from them on the intel screen it seems they always resolve themselves after a while with no damage done to your colony aside from losing the star fortress when I imagine they should hit you with stab damage(I have gotten the raid successful message and checked my colony in question and there was no stab hit), currently I completely ignore them.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 06:03:20 AM by Spess Mahren »

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 08, 2019, 05:46:27 PM »

I've noticed that invasion fleets belonging to other factions will remain hostile even if the war between their target faction ended. This *** me when I stopped by a Diable station to resupply, the invasion fleet was lurking there forcing me into a battle with not only that fleet, but their battlestation too.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9d "War, War Never Changes" (update 2019-02-09)
« Reply #1964 on: February 08, 2019, 09:56:38 PM »

Early update for compatibility with a new mod (currently pre-released on Discord).
Thanks to Spess Mahren for prompting a review of some invasion issues.

Nexerelin v0.9d
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.9d
* Invasion fixes, adjustments
    * Fix various bugs in non-auto invasion resolution
    * Invasions can't increase recent unrest beyond (number of rounds) * 2
    * Fix per-round damage sometimes being too low
    * Fix possible bug where the same invasion fleet could make multiple invasion attempts
    * Invasions/raids will be canceled if spaceport is disrupted or nonexistent during assemble stage
    * Invasion disruption time reduced if defender's damage that round exceeds attacker's
    * Fix raids not causing stability damage
* Compatibility with Vast Expanse mod
* Add a random event at decivilized worlds
* Ceasefire length 90 -> 150 days
* Aquaculture planets in random sector have lobster pens
* Gain admin cap bonus based on empire size
* Vengeance points from raids lowered 25%
* Alliance intel GUI tweaks; fix invalid text on leaving alliance

I've noticed that invasion fleets belonging to other factions will remain hostile even if the war between their target faction ended. This *** me when I stopped by a Diable station to resupply, the invasion fleet was lurking there forcing me into a battle with not only that fleet, but their battlestation too.
Hmm, this seems unlikely. AFAIK invasion fleets don't work any differently from most normal fleets and should obey current faction relationships (unlike e.g. expedition fleets, which are set to be hostile to player regardless of faction reputation). There isn't even a way I've heard of to make NPC faction fleets have different relations to each other than their factions do.
It sounds like you attacked the fleet with transponder off at some point and it remembered that? (although I'd have expected it to have forgotten after a week)

Well, if you have a save that might help debug it. I'll keep an eye out in the meantime.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:46:21 AM by Histidine »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 396