Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014371 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.8.4z2: 0.9 beta (+minor hotfix 2019-01-13)
« Reply #1905 on: January 15, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »

Looks like an infinite loop in the Prism weapon addition code. Thanks, I'll fix it for next version.

In the meantime, adding a mod of some kind that adds some weapons (shouldn't need to be particularly big) should make the problem go away, if your system can handle it.

(You shouldn't need to change the config options btw, they'll just do nothing if SWP isn't present)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: January 15, 2019, 06:59:59 PM »

Good to know you found the issue. I was just going to update my original message saying I reproduced the problem using my normal 64-bit machine with only those four mods enabled. (I just never saw it before because I've normally got a bunch of mods enabled on that computer.)

Also, thanks for letting me know about the IBB config settings - it's one less thing I have to remember to change when updating. Speaking of settings, I see there's one for "prismMaxWeapons" as well. Would setting that to a smaller value avoid the infinite loop for now? It seems like a safer option than adding more mods...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1907 on: January 15, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »

Speaking of settings, I see there's one for "prismMaxWeapons" as well. Would setting that to a smaller value avoid the infinite loop for now? It seems like a safer option than adding more mods...
Good idea! That should work, yes.

TrojanNobody

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: January 15, 2019, 10:16:21 PM »

Thanks for adding in the new stability features!

For those of us that are trying to rescue an imminent collapse of civilization as we know it, is there any way to edit the config files to allow us to "restabilize" a market more often or to have the restabilization procedure have more of an effect?

Cothek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: January 16, 2019, 01:14:28 PM »

Got a repeatable crash: I invaded a size station and capture it. Then I went to it's colony page and selected abandon.  Crashed:
277024 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.MarketConditionsWidget.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.MarketConditionsWidget.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.K.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.o0OO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.O00o.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.D.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.while.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.J.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:16:11 PM by Cothek »

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: January 16, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »

Bug in base game atm. Should be fixed in most recent version. Has to do with abandoning stations rather than deciving them.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14913.0

Should be fixed at some point in the future (when it gets pushed out). For now avoid abandoning stations

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1911 on: January 17, 2019, 05:35:49 AM »

For those of us that are trying to rescue an imminent collapse of civilization as we know it, is there any way to edit the config files to allow us to "restabilize" a market more often or to have the restabilization procedure have more of an effect?
Not in current version, sorry! I might add config options at some point though.

Cothek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: January 17, 2019, 07:33:28 AM »

Bug in base game atm. Should be fixed in most recent version. Has to do with abandoning stations rather than deciving them.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14913.0

Should be fixed at some point in the future (when it gets pushed out). For now avoid abandoning stations

Thanks Goumindong

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: January 18, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »

Finally saw my faction launch some invasions....sadly, it wont do expeditions yet, which would be a nice invasion..

Now if only i could tell my counselors "yo dude....dont invade that...its terrible"....

Speaking of which, if were going to get random invasions of various markets, i think the number of hire-able counselors must be increased.  Also...Even having an advanced(+3/+3) counselor at some of those places isnt enough to get them out of the hole:)[looking at you factions that colonize volcanic planets with 225%+ modifiers)  Btw, is there any chance we could see what the "special" market conditions do? Most captured markets have a whole row of things that ive no idea what the are actually doing, IE, hydroponics labs etc.

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: January 19, 2019, 12:38:13 AM »

Hello all you captains out there!

So i'm not to sure if its this mod but i conquered a research base (a base that floats around the planet that you can go to buy stuff and so on) and like how you would when you build a base on a planet i upgraded the station. When an enemy fleet came to me, i was next the base but instead of the base appearing in the combat, i was left alone? So was wondering if it was on purpose to be more of the base protects itself only and not act like a base that you would of constructed on a planet that would protect you if you were near it.

cheers.

SupaMuffinMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: January 19, 2019, 01:31:41 AM »

Histidine just told me a good idea which is to post my save file before the battle happens to see why the base isnt in combat, next time it happens i'll post it up for you all to check!  ;D

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: January 19, 2019, 05:56:22 AM »

Game won't load if I use your rules.csv hotfix. Failed to load object.

Panchokon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: January 19, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

Love the game and mod, just wanted to ask two things.

First, is it possible to customize/equip the weapons of your high/midline/low tech battlestation? My high tech one has nothing but plasma streamers. I suspect that depending on what tech your faction has at the time of the station construction determines the stations load out.

Second, is there a way in-game to prevent your faction from invading other planets? Usually they target undesirable/random planets and I would like for it to stop. Is there a way to edit my faction outside the game to prevent this assuming there is no in-game option?

Thanks!

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: January 19, 2019, 01:47:55 PM »

First, is it possible to customize/equip the weapons of your high/midline/low tech battlestation? My high tech one has nothing but plasma streamers. I suspect that depending on what tech your faction has at the time of the station construction determines the stations load out.
Same as vanilla, your stations armament is based on what blueprints you know and have prioritised. Try changing prioritised weapons under doctrine to somthing else, or just select a wider variety of weapons under priorities.

Second, is there a way in-game to prevent your faction from invading other planets? Usually they target undesirable/random planets and I would like for it to stop. Is there a way to edit my faction outside the game to prevent this assuming there is no in-game option?
As far as I know, no way to stop your faction, but it costs you nothing so is not a problem. If they take a market you don't like, just transfer it off to either your comissioned factions, independents, or pirates (if doing a pirate run).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1919 on: January 19, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »

I've had a semi-unofficial beta version v0.8.5 kicking around on Discord. v0.9 (the first release for Starsector 0.9 that won't be labelled "beta") will probably be this + a few more fixes.
Changelog preview

Game won't load if I use your rules.csv hotfix. Failed to load object.
Could you try the version linked above? If it still breaks, post the error message from starsector.log.

As far as I know, no way to stop your faction, but it costs you nothing so is not a problem. If they take a market you don't like, just transfer it off to either your comissioned factions, independents, or pirates (if doing a pirate run).
I could make the player faction not auto-invade anyone (only raid), and let the player buy NPC invasion fleets through the new fleet request dialog if they want one. This could be a quite significant nerf to the player faction, but I don't know whether that's actually a bad thing.
Any objections?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 396