Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012827 times)

Singrana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.8.4z2: 0.9 beta (+minor hotfix 2019-01-13)
« Reply #1890 on: January 13, 2019, 05:22:23 AM »

you can manually edit your nexerelin config file and change "pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet": 12000 to a higher number to make invasions happen less frequently (at same strength), space stations also tend to fight MUCH better if you observe the battle than if they autoresolve, i agree invasions are too frequent if you run many factions, but for vanilla i think the 12 000 is fine, try raising it to 3x or so of its original value.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 13, 2019, 09:02:40 AM »

I... really, really want to like Nexerelin, but the invasion mechanic has sucked almost all the fun out of the game. I established a single colony on some water world way out in the middle of nowhere, and I've spent the past year and a half of game time camped out on it fending off invasion after invasion, all of which were Superior/Superior despite having fully upgraded star fortresses, high commands, and ground batteries with alpha cores in, orbital works with a pristine nanoforge, and fleet size +400% on a size 7 or 8 world.
I went for a regular solo start, and I think I only needed to step in once. The invasion fleets otherwise were dealt with regular forces. And I don't even have a fully upgraded fortress. I think it may be down to pirate start.

On another note re:decivilisation of the sector. I noticed this seems to be more noticeable for station-only markets. And when these markets are gone, you can't interact with them (no resettling, no looting etc.).

On another another note, do people find prisitne nanoforges? I have like 35 corrupted naofroges and synchrotron cores, but no pristine forge. Also, maybe give nanoforges to allied factions for reputation or other goodies on a point system like prism freeport, since there is no use for that many of them. For example, I want a Snow Goose and 6B Kormoran, but neither of them can be found easily even when commission by DME, but maybe in exchange for some forges/cores, they could give you one?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:09:16 AM by Shad »

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 13, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »

Some question on player faction invasion. I have saw my faction want to send out invasion a few time but all of them end in "invasion fleet fail to gather", I had check on one of them and see a invasion fleet(only one) spawned from the planet, then the invasion end a few day later with the "invasion fleet fail to gather" message. What is causing these?

>Shad I have find 3 pristine nanoforge from exploration and i have 12 corrupted nanoforge now. And i like the idea of gifting these item for reputation too, these item is somewhat more rare than Ai core and should make some good reputation to other faction.

viciousshark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 13, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »

Is it normal for my own faction to start its own wars without consulting me? As soon as I started the faction, it started to declare war on others and sending invasion fleets across the map.....also what's the point of other factions sending me expeditionary forces (shouldn't this be a declaration of war, but isn't)?

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 13, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »

I went for a regular solo start, and I think I only needed to step in once. The invasion fleets otherwise were dealt with regular forces. And I don't even have a fully upgraded fortress. I think it may be down to pirate start.

On another note re:decivilisation of the sector. I noticed this seems to be more noticeable for station-only markets. And when these markets are gone, you can't interact with them (no resettling, no looting etc.).

On another another note, do people find prisitne nanoforges? I have like 35 corrupted naofroges and synchrotron cores, but no pristine forge. Also, maybe give nanoforges to allied factions for reputation or other goodies on a point system like prism freeport, since there is no use for that many of them. For example, I want a Snow Goose and 6B Kormoran, but neither of them can be found easily even when commission by DME, but maybe in exchange for some forges/cores, they could give you one?

Thanks. I'm going to restart my game (Diable Avionics got wiped out early on, and I was angling to get a Pandemonium from them) with the new variables, and I'll let you know how it goes.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 14, 2019, 12:07:05 AM »

All factions can respawn one more time. After that, they're gone for good. You can also set them to respawn infinitely if you want more chaotic undying game.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 14, 2019, 04:12:23 AM »

I... really, really want to like Nexerelin, but the invasion mechanic has sucked almost all the fun out of the game. I established a single colony on some water world way out in the middle of nowhere, and I've spent the past year and a half of game time camped out on it fending off invasion after invasion, all of which were Superior/Superior despite having fully upgraded star fortresses, high commands, and ground batteries with alpha cores in, orbital works with a pristine nanoforge, and fleet size +400% on a size 7 or 8 world.

Granted, I took the Pirate Start, so literally every faction was hostile to me except for Pirates, Kadur, and the Independents, but even so. Dassault-Mikoyan has sent invasion flights while I was busy fighting off their previous invasion fleets. I can't leave my colony even to go to the core of the sector and back without missing at least one invasion. Is it really supposed to be like this?
Well, if you're hostile to almost everyone that's not going to work well, yeah.
That said, I'm changing things so that if the player has a pirate commission other factions won't invade player colonies (same as how they don't invade pirate markets). Other relevant changes: fixed a bug where invasion autoresolve strength was still using market size mult, limited simultaneous invasion events to 10, and reduced invasion point accumulation the more invasions are currently active.

Some question on player faction invasion. I have saw my faction want to send out invasion a few time but all of them end in "invasion fleet fail to gather", I had check on one of them and see a invasion fleet(only one) spawned from the planet, then the invasion end a few day later with the "invasion fleet fail to gather" message. What is causing these?
There may be a bug with invasions from player markets (even if I can't imagine what would work differently at this particular moment), I'll look into it. Thanks for mentioning!

Is it normal for my own faction to start its own wars without consulting me? As soon as I started the faction, it started to declare war on others and sending invasion fleets across the map.....also what's the point of other factions sending me expeditionary forces (shouldn't this be a declaration of war, but isn't)?
1) Player diplomacy is a bit of a WIP currently, but one thing I made it unable to do is do the 'declare war' event on someone else (or any of the other diplomacy events whose descriptions imply deliberate actions by a certain party.) Other people can still declare war on you, of course.
If you (or anyone else) sees it again, a screenshot would be good perhaps?

(In the meantime, if you want it to just stop all diplomacy with the player faction completely, there's a followersDiplomacy option in the config file. Bear in mind that it also prevents automatic ceasefires.)

2) The expeditions are vanilla behavior that I could remove but haven't yet felt a particular need to (among other things, mid to late game is kinda easy enough as it is). There's a bunch of discussions about expeditions in other threads you can search for, including complaints like the non-declaration of war thing.

All factions can respawn one more time. After that, they're gone for good. You can also set them to respawn infinitely if you want more chaotic undying game.
Faction respawn is currently disabled and likely won't be reimplemented in time for next version. Although next version, you can give away a market to a dead faction if you want them to (re)spawn.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 14, 2019, 07:51:18 AM »

How many points of stability loss should a failed invasion be able to hit a market with? Also do invasions only have a objective of conquest? I'm asking because I just saw Sylpheed station get hit with a single pirate invasion that failed but managed to disrupt most/all of their industries and they right now have a -22 stability modifier just from the invasion, the station is doomed if it follows normal decivilization mechanics at this point.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 14, 2019, 09:35:09 AM »

How many points of stability loss should a failed invasion be able to hit a market with? Also do invasions only have a objective of conquest? I'm asking because I just saw Sylpheed station get hit with a single pirate invasion that failed but managed to disrupt most/all of their industries and they right now have a -22 stability modifier just from the invasion, the station is doomed if it follows normal decivilization mechanics at this point.
Hmm. Sylpheed station was one of the stations I also saw get hit with a -30 penalty. Gave the poor fellas 2 aid packages, but it was a dep in the bucket, so the station still collapsed.

Donkey Hote

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: January 14, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »

So I've been making sure to have Prism Freeport enabled on sector generation but it hasn't been showing up for me.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »

Just touching base since I registered just now to post some of feedback and love for various mods.

Is it considered impolite to ask modders if they're adding/planning to add Nexerelin support? Just making sure I don't get on anyone's nerves with an old unwritten rule. :)

So I've been making sure to have Prism Freeport enabled on sector generation but it hasn't been showing up for me.

When I enable it, its an object in hyperspace to go to.

Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

Donkey Hote

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 14, 2019, 02:17:36 PM »

When I enable it, its an object in hyperspace to go to.

Where in hyperspace does it appear? Because it doesn't get listed in the intel planets tab.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 14, 2019, 04:36:10 PM »

Hmm. Sylpheed station was one of the stations I also saw get hit with a -30 penalty. Gave the poor fellas 2 aid packages, but it was a dep in the bucket, so the station still collapsed.
Hm. The way invasions work means it's technically possible for NPC invasions to cause -20 stability or such despite per-invasion stability losses being limited to -5 each, since multiple fleets are involved and invade the market once each. I hadn't anticipated the circumstances would arise (series of invasion executions that all last enough rounds to cause that kind of stability loss, without actually succeeding in capturing the market) but it's not apparently impossible.

I'll adjust the logic so the "stability loss halved if invasion fails" modifier is applied after the -5 cap, and perhaps make it so invasions can't ever increase total recent unrest past -10 or such.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:05 AM »

I've been getting an occasional application hang in the Prism Freeport station when selecting the Trade option (either by clicking on it directly or when using one of the hotkeys like 'F'). After selecting the option, the game just gets stuck as if it's in an infinite loop or something - I can still move the mouse around, but that's about it. Eventually, I give up waiting and mash ALT-F4 until Windows finally brings up the dialog to let me force-close the program.

Full disclosure, I'm trying this on an old Win10 32-bit computer instead of my normal rig, so I know I'm sort of pushing my luck by adding any mods at all. I've tried to compensate for that by using a small sector plus Nex's random sector option to decrease the memory load. And so far everything works just fine (aside from the occasional Prism hang) running with the following mods:

- Nexerelin 0.8.4z2 (plus the rules.csv hotfix)
 - Combat Chatter 1.9.2b
 - Console Commands 3.0
 - LazyLib 2.4b

I've also modified a couple of exerelin_config.json options knowing that I'll never be able to install the Ship/Weapon Pack mod on this machine:
    "prismNumBossShips": 0,
    "prismRenewBossShips": false,
    "prismUseIBBProgressForBossShips": false,

Unfortunately, the starsector.log file isn't incredibly helpful since it doesn't indicate any error. Instead, it always ends with something like this:

1776496 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - Days since update: 31.203451
1776502 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Misc\games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin 0.8.4z2]
1776507 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Misc\games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin 0.8.4z2]
1776507 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - IBB ships available: 0, 0

I know that isn't much to go on, and this could just be a problem due to my pushing the limits of a 32-bit system. However, I never ran into this problem with my previous campaign using Nex v0.8.4y2, and in that game I was using Prism Station as my primary storage location while searching for my first colony world...
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 396