Fractal Softworks Forum
December 16, 2018, 08:16:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 121
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.4b "War and Peace" (update 2018-09-30)  (Read 591147 times)
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1740 on: August 09, 2018, 05:07:41 AM »

Hi!

2- Hand weapons affect invasion of a market? What about defending against a invasion?
The only considerations for invasion defense strength (not the response fleet size, that has some different handling) are:
  • Market size
  • Market stability
  • Some market conditions (military base, headquarters, a few others)
  • If there's a rebellion ongoing, it'll be easier to invade
3- I've read that markets i capture can end up rebelling against me, and that it happens because of market stability, does selling marines, hand weapons, and ordnance to the market somehow helps preventing those mutinies? Also, the black market having more marines than the normal market affects anything?

4- How can i improve my markets stability, and how do I get rid the debuff from the market being attacked recently?

5- ''During a rebellion, supplies for the government side can be sold to a base official''... - Understood'nt  Huh
Selling stuff to the market before a rebellion can prevent it by propping up the stability, but I wouldn't count on any stability manipulation to actually work.

Once the rebellion starts, you can sell marines, hand weapons or supplies to the open market or military market (or talk to the base commander/admin on comm board and sell them there) to make the government side stronger. Selling to the black market makes the rebels stronger.
(Also, buying has the opposite effect, so you can buy out the stuff on the black market to weaken the rebellion)

The number of marines in the black market doesn't directly affect the strength of the rebellion, but it's likely an indicator of low stability.

The stability loss from a recently invaded market will go away on its own, although it may take a few months to fully disappear.

6- Any tips on improving FPS? I play with a low end PC and my fps drops to 10 sometimes e.e
A bit outside the scope of Nexerelin, but there are a few things you can try:
  • Disable GraphicsLib in its INI file (GraphicsLib/GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini; "enableShaders":false)
  • Lower the battle size in settings
  • If RAM is your bottleneck, run fewer mods that add ships
  • If you have a 64-bit system and spare RAM, you might be able to increase RAM allocation
EDIT: WTF I actually gain by mining? 0_o
Normally you get the resources it says before you start mining. Asteroids give ore and some volatiles, for planets/moons it depends on what the survey found. The amount depends on your mining strength.

Randomly you also get a chance to find a 'hidden cache' with some goodies: higher-value commodities, ship weapons, fighter wings and even frigates.

King Alfonzo has a good guide here

Seifer
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 09, 2018, 08:51:04 AM »

I'm building a pc with GTX 1060 6G, 16G 3000MHz ram and I5 8600, I guess I'll be futureproof on the game with a lots of mods enabled Tongue Btw would a ssd shorten the loading bits in the game, especially nvme M2 ssds ? Cheesy Coming from a potatolaptop, I can't wait to play Nexerelin again with more than 2 big factions enabled ! I used to wreck everything with my fleet but Stations are a real challenge, I love it <3 Have a great day everyone o/
MesoTroniK
Admiral

I am going to destroy your ships

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 09, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »

Btw would a ssd shorten the loading bits in the game, especially nvme M2 ssds ?

Very much so Smiley

Seifer
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 10, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »

OMG I can't wait to witness it then Cheesy loading time is pretty much terrifying with lots of mods enabled, this is the dream Cheesy ! Thanks MesoTroniK Grin
diegoweiller
Ensign

mimimimi

View Profile Email
« Reply #1744 on: August 10, 2018, 04:49:06 PM »

Thanks for all the help guys  Grin

- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."
King Alfonzo
Captain

"Arise from the ashes - Daily"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1745 on: August 10, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »

If I may make a suggestion Hist? Could we have a 'random faction relationships' option, that keeps the relationships of pirate factions intact? That way you could randomise relationships, without having to worry about half the sector suddenly being friendly with pirates/CABAL/GMDA/etc. for no reason.

DrakonST
Captain

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 11, 2018, 02:32:56 PM »

Histidine, maybe you can do start option as Luddic Path Raider? It is strange that it isn't made yet.

P. S. Most every game i going to Luddic Path planets and blow up some patrols for "Lasher(LP)". Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:35:14 PM by DrakonST » Logged

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1747 on: August 12, 2018, 03:40:01 AM »

I did a quick hotfix that fixes a potential crash with SAD mod when they are defending a salvageable object.
(Place in Nexerelin/jars)

Histidine, maybe you can do start option as Luddic Path Raider? It is strange that it isn't made yet.
I've actually almost done it, but haven't had time to give it a "proper" test yet, so it's not officially supported.
You can try it by opening the Luddic Path faction config (in Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig) and setting playableFaction and pirateFaction to true.

@King Alfonzo: Good idea, I'll add a setting later (if I remember).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:55:48 AM by Histidine » Logged

mkire
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1748 on: August 17, 2018, 12:37:34 AM »

is there a way to change the maximum number of systems/planets/stations in random mode? with all the faction mods i have corvus is way too busy to run smoothly, but 32 systems feels too empty
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1749 on: August 17, 2018, 07:17:42 PM »

Not at present. I may possibly move the min/max values to config at some point.

mkire
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1750 on: August 19, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »

okay. thank you
DrakonST
Captain

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 19, 2018, 08:34:02 PM »

Histidine, Can you make more opportunities for control of difficulties?

To add a new tab to the menu of start of a game as "Difficulties Options" where there will be more than the parameters than "Starfarer Mode".

Like a:
- Crew salvage Mutator.
- Enemy Fleets Size Mutators
- You Fleet size Mutator
- Difficulties presets.

And more.

Yes, i know, this can be changed in files. But if we see this on game, when start new campaing its will be much better and comfortable.

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Lolpingu
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 24, 2018, 10:48:07 AM »

So, I've recently gone on your typical children-orphaning imperialistic conquest, as usual with lots of fancy mod factions like diable, blackrock, mikoyan dassault and so forth, and I took to a new habit - collecting salvaged enemy ships, particularly dreadnoughts and supercarriers as those tend to be the prettiest, fanciest and most grandiose ships any faction has to offer. It's so nice to hoard all the biggest and baddest ships of every enemy faction and store them at my faction's home planet as trophies.
Then I noticed that some planets have museum ships, and it gave me an idea - what if we could install our own ships as museum ships on planets, increasing their stability and generating revenue from tourists? You could make it so that, the bigger and costlier the ship (the definition of "bigger" being determined by evaluating the ship's ordnance point count), the more revenue it generates? Would it be possible to implement such a system?
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1753 on: August 25, 2018, 06:34:18 PM »

Histidine, Can you make more opportunities for control of difficulties?

To add a new tab to the menu of start of a game as "Difficulties Options" where there will be more than the parameters than "Starfarer Mode".

Like a:
- Crew salvage Mutator.
- Enemy Fleets Size Mutators
- You Fleet size Mutator
- Difficulties presets.
New difficulty options have been an idea for some time, although I haven't felt like doing them so far. I'll need to think about what actually goes in there; e.g. crew loot mult is not something that most people would change even once, let alone from game to game, I'd think.

Then I noticed that some planets have museum ships, and it gave me an idea - what if we could install our own ships as museum ships on planets, increasing their stability and generating revenue from tourists? You could make it so that, the bigger and costlier the ship (the definition of "bigger" being determined by evaluating the ship's ordnance point count), the more revenue it generates? Would it be possible to implement such a system?
Ha, that's funny!
I think it could be an option for a buildable industry in Starsector 0.9 (that's the implementation I'd use, at any rate), so we'll see then.

atreg
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 26, 2018, 08:55:23 PM »

Is it possible to show the variant names for the ships we're given when making a new character?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 121
  Print  

Jump to: