Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013738 times)

Orloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3e "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-03-17)
« Reply #1695 on: March 30, 2018, 08:51:46 PM »

So I went into Nex mod and took out the Lte line as suggested as well as dealing with the older Artefact mod. Works like a charm now. Thank you for your help

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 04, 2018, 10:33:01 PM »

I had a small spark of an idea (But it's likely you've thought of it)

When sending the AI fleets to a planet occupied by another faction that currently is on good or bad terms, would it be possible for them to not be a hostile fleet, instead protecting the occupied planet, and likely starting a small/long-term/cycle-long friendship, or even an alliance?

Say, for example, you're on bad terms, but not bad enough to start a war with said faction, but you hear that a fleet that's from a hostile faction is going to invade their station while you're busy with other things, so you call in a fleet from your own faction to help defend said planet that would come under attack, possibly stopping an invasion and improving relations with the faction that was under attack.

It seems likely, but probably isn't. It would kind of make a bit of sense though, naturally seeing you'd want to keep a friendship that has started as a result of helping someone in dire need.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Jojo_195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 19, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »

Bounties are not giving me any money. I destroyed three bounty fleets so far and nothing, not even the acknowledgment that I did let alone the money.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 19, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »

Often a game freezing when I come into shop on Prism Freeport. If it Prism from SCY mod that everything works steadily.

Last entries in the log:
Code
21526947 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManager  - Trying mining fleet for market Nova Maxios
21526950 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManager  - Spawned mining fleet of size 11
21527143 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - 0 out of a maximum 7 fleets in play for [data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_BountyPirateFleetManager]
21527143 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Could not spawn fleet - returned null
21527341 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionCreator  - Created MarketProcurementMission: drugs to Yama
21527561 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - 29 out of a maximum 30 fleets in play for [data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_LuddicPathFleetManager]
21527564 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Spawned fleet [Luddic Path raiders] at hyperloc Vector2f[7171.64, -2314.4424]
21527596 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Picking market updates
21527596 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Metals(Prism Freeport)
21528891 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
21528897 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
21528898 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - IBB ships available: 0, 3
Is this a known issue? I'm having the same thing as well.

If I go to Prism Freeport after playing for a while and open either the item trading or ship trading screen, the game freezes dead.

This usually doesn't happen if I go to Prism Freeport right away after reloading a save (hence due to this bug I made a habit of saving the game before docking at Prism Freeport).

I am not running any faction mods. Only Dynasector, Nexerelin, and a bunch of cosmetic mods (audio plus, radar, targeting pip etc.)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 19, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »

Bounties are not giving me any money. I destroyed three bounty fleets so far and nothing, not even the acknowledgment that I did let alone the money.

If this is a bounty from a ennemi faction, you do not win money, just reputation. Look before done a bounty.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 20, 2018, 04:50:27 AM »

Are you travelling outside the core systems? You need to fly back to within comm relay coverage to get the bounty completion message.

Often a game freezing when I come into shop on Prism Freeport. If it Prism from SCY mod that everything works steadily.

Last entries in the log:
Code
21526947 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManager  - Trying mining fleet for market Nova Maxios
21526950 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManager  - Spawned mining fleet of size 11
21527143 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - 0 out of a maximum 7 fleets in play for [data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_BountyPirateFleetManager]
21527143 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Could not spawn fleet - returned null
21527341 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionCreator  - Created MarketProcurementMission: drugs to Yama
21527561 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - 29 out of a maximum 30 fleets in play for [data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_LuddicPathFleetManager]
21527564 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Spawned fleet [Luddic Path raiders] at hyperloc Vector2f[7171.64, -2314.4424]
21527596 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Picking market updates
21527596 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Metals(Prism Freeport)
21528891 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
21528897 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
21528898 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket  - IBB ships available: 0, 3
Is this a known issue? I'm having the same thing as well.

If I go to Prism Freeport after playing for a while and open either the item trading or ship trading screen, the game freezes dead.

This usually doesn't happen if I go to Prism Freeport right away after reloading a save (hence due to this bug I made a habit of saving the game before docking at Prism Freeport).

I am not running any faction mods. Only Dynasector, Nexerelin, and a bunch of cosmetic mods (audio plus, radar, targeting pip etc.)
The issue should go away if you add one or more mods with new weapons. Or use this .jar
(note: saves you make with the patched jar won't work with base v0.8.3e, so hold on to it)

I had a small spark of an idea (But it's likely you've thought of it)

When sending the AI fleets to a planet occupied by another faction that currently is on good or bad terms, would it be possible for them to not be a hostile fleet, instead protecting the occupied planet, and likely starting a small/long-term/cycle-long friendship, or even an alliance?

Say, for example, you're on bad terms, but not bad enough to start a war with said faction, but you hear that a fleet that's from a hostile faction is going to invade their station while you're busy with other things, so you call in a fleet from your own faction to help defend said planet that would come under attack, possibly stopping an invasion and improving relations with the faction that was under attack.

It seems likely, but probably isn't. It would kind of make a bit of sense though, naturally seeing you'd want to keep a friendship that has started as a result of helping someone in dire need.
Fleets without marines requested at a non-hostile planet will already protect it (assuming they don't wander off; I'll have to check if they do).
But as a rule, NPC interactions between factions other than diplomacy/covert action events don't affect relations, and I don't think it's worthwhile to implement specifically for this (at least if the reputation is gained by the fleet actually fighting instead of just from ordering it). I mean, even the player fleet doesn't get a reputation reward unless there's a bounty going on.

Hmm, actually, I think I ought to make fighting an invasion fleet result in a reputation bonus with the defending faction. Will make a note.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:55:43 AM by Histidine »

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 05, 2018, 06:02:11 AM »

Hello
Thanks for your efforts and your great mod.
Is there any way to slow war happenings a little?
I usually play enhanced vanilla and stay low and well factions go full on war fast and then some factions disappear very fast. Luddics and Hegemony are usually first.
Any way to slow down this?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 05, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »

Hi!

Is there any way to slow war happenings a little?
I usually play enhanced vanilla and stay low and well factions go full on war fast and then some factions disappear very fast. Luddics and Hegemony are usually first.
Any way to slow down this?

Couple of config settings you could adjust for this.

In Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json you can make invasion fleets spawn less frequently:

Code: json
    "pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet": 4000,    # bigger = longer delay between invasion fleets
    # invasion points are added daily
    "baseInvasionPointsPerFaction": 50,
    "invasionPointsPerPlayerLevel": 1,
    "invasionPointEconomyMult": 0.3, # each market contributes invasion points: stability * size * this number

In Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json, you could lower eventFrequency; this will make diplomacy events happen less often, which could keep factions from going to war so frequently.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 06, 2018, 01:50:50 AM »

Great thanks for help.
It was very helpful.
Is there are a place where I can change severity of events?(how much relations they impact?)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 07, 2018, 08:10:28 AM »

Yeah, diplomacyConfig.json has the reputation impact ranges for all the diplomacy events.

e.g.
Code: json
		{
"name":"Prisoner Exchange",
"stage":"prisoner_exchange",
"maxRepLevelToOccur":"hostile",
"repEnsureAtWorst":"hostile",
"minRepChange":0.15,
"maxRepChange":0.2,
"repLimit":"inhospitable",
"allowPiratesToPirates":true,
"allowPiratesToNonPirates":true,
"allowNonPiratesToPirates":true
},
The basic ones are minRepChange and mexRepChange. The tags should be self-explanatory (the allow* tag syntax is faction1-faction2, although you shouldn't need to mess with that).

Note that this doesn't cover agent/saboteur actions (including the NPC-launched ones); those are in agentConfig.json.

CloneSarge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 25, 2018, 12:10:16 PM »

How do I (if possible) turn off Nexerelin’s version checker? The pc it’s installed in has internet access but it’s limited. Starsector’s main website and these forums currently not accessible to it. So whenever load up a save or start a game; it endlessly  looping “Failed to retrieve mod update info! Check Starsector log for details.”. And it is killing my frame rate. Is there a way to end the loop or take out or remove version checker without messing with mod?

(Typing this with my phone so please bare with me and my grammar XD)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 25, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »

How do I (if possible) turn off Nexerelin’s version checker? The pc it’s installed in has internet access but it’s limited. Starsector’s main website and these forums currently not accessible to it. So whenever load up a save or start a game; it endlessly  looping “Failed to retrieve mod update info! Check Starsector log for details.”. And it is killing my frame rate. Is there a way to end the loop or take out or remove version checker without messing with mod?

(Typing this with my phone so please bare with me and my grammar XD)

This is not better to report the problem on version checker directly? :x
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

CloneSarge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 25, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »

Oh I ok I’ll do that. Sorry for the mini wall of text.

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 29, 2018, 12:54:37 PM »

What are the chances of implementing a SS+ style "Soft" fleet-size cap? I'm really discouraged from playing pirate or scavenger if I can't have a numerically superior ball of junk

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 29, 2018, 05:40:43 PM »

What are the chances of implementing a SS+ style "Soft" fleet-size cap? I'm really discouraged from playing pirate or scavenger if I can't have a numerically superior ball of junk
Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json
is your new friend
look for
maxShipsInFleet
maxBattleSize
and adjust them for your liking; you may also be interested in
officerAIMax
baseNumOfficers
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 396