Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013380 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3c "Battle Stations!" (DME compat. 2018-01-21)
« Reply #1665 on: February 27, 2018, 04:26:34 AM »

Histidine, why [REDACTED] stations such prolific? As soon as the player destroys one fleet from the station right there the new fleet takes off. If the player destroys 4 fleet, station will spawn 4 new fleets immediately. This problem is noticeable only with use "Nexerelin".
Hmm, I couldn't reproduce. This only happens with the kill console command in campaign, as far as I can tell: if you manually fight the fleets (using nuke console command if desired) the station does have a respawn delay and can be knocked back to zero active fleets.

Spoiler
290900 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen$5.compare(ExerelinProcGen.java:1638)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen$5.compare(ExerelinProcGen.java:1635)
   at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Arrays.legacyMergeSort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.balanceMarkets(ExerelinProcGen.java:1544)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.generate(ExerelinProcGen.java:939)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:251)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Now that's interesting.

[EDIT] I've pinpointed it down to sector generation, specifically when you enable random core worlds and up the sectors to over 16, alongside stations and planets. The last successful generation had a luddic path market for the player faction.
I can't reproduce no matter how high I crank number of planets/stations or what I set the number of systems to.
If you've changed procgen settings in settings.json, I can't say I can provide support for any sufficiently weird settings (although if you post the changes I can see if they're worth handling).
Else provide modlist and starting options (young/new/old/mixed; number of systems/planets/stations; starting faction; seed).

(I'll add a crash safety for next version, but I can't promise something else won't make it crash or the output will make sense even if it does technically work)

Going to report an bug where a random sector can have planets with exactly same name and one of them becomes a invisible/ghost planet. I was told on Discord server that it could be a Nexerelin issue, so I'm going to send screenshots and a save. I also imported an old save with Save Transfer to the save where I got the bug if that tells something, I don't have the first save of the sector anymore.
Stop Gap Measures and Oculian Berserks appear to be incompatible with Nexerelin's random sector mode.
I've changed some stuff so this bug doesn't happen at least, next update.

Histidine, Can it is time add more settings features for vengeance fleets? It can give absolutely new play experience.

[...]

But a vengeance fleets they are so weak and I usually disable this option. But if to add a feature to increase their size that it will allow to make very big fleet (like a size buff x13, also, in screenshot their buff x3) which will appear very seldom but will really FRIGHTEN the player.
Maybe in next version (no promises though)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:46:30 AM by Histidine »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3c "Battle Stations!" (DME compat. 2018-01-21)
« Reply #1666 on: February 27, 2018, 06:51:35 AM »

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce. This only happens with the kill console command in campaign, as far as I can tell: if you manually fight the fleets (using nuke console command if desired) the station does have a respawn delay and can be knocked back to zero active fleets.
I know. I have already reported that it causes not yours mod(see pic from 02.13). And now some peoples tell me that it is can caused by "Dynasector".
Spoiler
[close]
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

primalpara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3d "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-02-24)
« Reply #1667 on: March 02, 2018, 09:53:27 AM »

Good morning,

I am running 8.3d with a lot of other mods and am having a hard time trying to crack a Sindrian battlestation. Its at their homeworld, so perhaps its more powerful than most battlestations. I just came over from vanilla so the only other battlestation I have fought were remnant, which I could defeat.

So my fleet has a lot of mora's and a few Onslaughts but isn't able to inflict much damage to the battlestation components before losing a couple onslaughts.

Would Paragons be the way to go?

Thanks

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 02, 2018, 11:22:09 AM »

Good morning,

I am running 8.3d with a lot of other mods and am having a hard time trying to crack a Sindrian battlestation. Its at their homeworld, so perhaps its more powerful than most battlestations. I just came over from vanilla so the only other battlestation I have fought were remnant, which I could defeat.

So my fleet has a lot of mora's and a few Onslaughts but isn't able to inflict much damage to the battlestation components before losing a couple onslaughts.

Thanks

Why yes, one of two Paragons would be a good way to go, especially if you know the limits of said Paragons, in terms of flux capacity, and how long it takes to vent.

Onslaughts don't have powerful shields and have a very high flux buildup rate, so it's natural for them to be lost fairly quickly, despite the armor on them.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

primalpara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 02, 2018, 11:44:54 AM »

Good morning,

Thanks

Why yes, one of two Paragons would be a good way to go, especially if you know the limits of said Paragons, in terms of flux capacity, and how long it takes to vent.

Onslaughts don't have powerful shields and have a very high flux buildup rate, so it's natural for them to be lost fairly quickly, despite the armor on them.

Thanks, I'll work on finding some Paragons before I try taking out a station again. I'm new to the mod factions, any gems in those fleets I should keep my eye out for?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 02, 2018, 11:53:31 AM »

Good morning,

Thanks

Thanks, I'll work on finding some Paragons before I try taking out a station again. I'm new to the mod factions, any gems in those fleets I should keep my eye out for?
Anything that is Dynasector enabled is high quality but since we don't know your specs, I can't suggest what mods would be good or not
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 10, 2018, 12:02:56 PM »

Wha-a-at? Civil War?
Spoiler
[close]

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 10, 2018, 12:07:52 PM »

Wha-a-at? Civil War?
Spoiler
[close]

...Curse your sudden and truly unexpected betrayal!
Hi. I exist. Bye.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 10, 2018, 12:44:56 PM »

...Curse your sudden and truly unexpected betrayal!

"Inevitable betrayal" dammit, inevitable  ;D

OmniScrewDriver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 12, 2018, 02:12:38 AM »

Im not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a way to disable follower diplomacy (the random events like agreements, weddings and prisoner exchanges) entirely? I would basically like my faction to handle like the independents or pirates. Setting "followersDiplomacy" to false in exerelin_config doesn't seem to do anything and I've not able to reverse engineer how some other factions do it  :P

Tufted Titmouse

• Lieutenant
  • Fire the missiles. All of them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 12, 2018, 06:20:16 AM »

Im not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a way to disable follower diplomacy (the random events like agreements, weddings and prisoner exchanges) entirely? I would basically like my faction to handle like the independents or pirates. Setting "followersDiplomacy" to false in exerelin_config doesn't seem to do anything and I've not able to reverse engineer how some other factions do it  :P
Yes, It's in the Nexerelin settings folder IIRC

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 12, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »

Seems the followers diplomacy option is bugged? Should be fixed for next version; thanks for pointing it out!
(Likewise with the followers faction bounty against self)

Typo91

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 13, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »

Am I missing something? 

I conquered a station, blew up the battle-station too.... so when do I get to build my own battle-station in its place?

I was really looking forward to doing its load out.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:53 AM »

Am I missing something? 

I conquered a station, blew up the battle-station too.... so when do I get to build my own battle-station in its place?

I was really looking forward to doing its load out.
It automatic if the station have the power for build one. (It need to have a good stability)
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3e "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-03-17)
« Reply #1679 on: March 17, 2018, 07:40:43 AM »

Nexerelin v0.8.3e
Download

Spoiler
[close]

Changelog
Code
v0.8.3e
* Add memorial for dead officers
    * Available at victory screen, or with console command `printdeadofficers`
* Add "Andrada option"
    * After capturing a market, player can take it for themselves instead of transferring to faction, at a high reputation cost
* Add vengeanceFleetSizeMult faction config tag
* Re-enable pirate vengeance fleets
* Add Tri-Tachyon large carrier start (SWP only)
* Ruins increase chance of finding cache when mining a planet
* Reduce, turn Asgard platform fire arcs (to avoid graphical issues)
* Vengeance fleets spawn less frequently
* Some GUI improvements, tweaks
* Bugfixes:
    * Handle a response fleet sabotage edge case
    * Officer deaths, XP bonus apply correctly to battles with derelict defenders
    * Fix procgen handling of incompatible mods in random sector mode
    * Fix long-distance station join handling
    * Fix faction bounties starting when they shouldn't
    * Fix followers diplomacy config option
    * Fix Hephaistos Station (Scy) potentially losing its black market
    * Remove unneeded clamp on player max level setting
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 396