Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042968 times)

Bunshichi Tawara

• Ensign
  • Call Me Exorcist Tawara
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.2d "Pillage, then Burn" (update 2017-09-30)
« Reply #1575 on: December 28, 2017, 04:42:50 AM »

Hi i got a question. are the Luddic Path and the Luddic Church suppose to play unplayable because when i try to request a invasion fleet or a defense fleet it says this faction doesn't have a home planet even thought they do.

MattD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 28, 2017, 06:58:06 AM »

Hi, thanks for your work on this mod--it's been a great way to keep things interesting through the late-game.

Question, is there any way I can donate recovered ships to my faction, like assigning ships to the response fleets of planets, or to invasions that I don't want to directly take part in? This is something I'm hoping for in the colony updates to the vanilla game, but I don't know if this is already in Nex and I just don't know how to do it? If I sell ships to a planet's market, or put them in storage there, do they aid that planet in any way?

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 28, 2017, 08:26:48 AM »

Hi, thanks for your work on this mod--it's been a great way to keep things interesting through the late-game.

Question, is there any way I can donate recovered ships to my faction, like assigning ships to the response fleets of planets, or to invasions that I don't want to directly take part in? This is something I'm hoping for in the colony updates to the vanilla game, but I don't know if this is already in Nex and I just don't know how to do it? If I sell ships to a planet's market, or put them in storage there, do they aid that planet in any way?
I don't think you can. I have played Nex a bit myself and watched Nemonaemo play with this mod a lot, and I never noticed it.

Would be a cool idea though!
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 30, 2017, 05:56:01 AM »

Hi i got a question. are the Luddic Path and the Luddic Church suppose to play unplayable because when i try to request a invasion fleet or a defense fleet it says this faction doesn't have a home planet even thought they do.
Luddic Church works for me. (Note that it requests from the faction you belong to, not the faction owning the location; also Luddic Path players can't request Church fleets or vice-versa)

Luddic Path indeed can't summon fleets at present. For now you can change their faction config to make them a playable faction: Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/luddic_path.json -> "playableFaction":true
You might also want to set "pirateFaction":true to keep others from invading them.

EpyonComet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 01, 2018, 05:49:33 PM »

Is there anyway to automatically generate additional factions? And if not, maybe that would be a cool feature? Assuming that this system is not in place already, they could be effective clones of the vanilla factions in terms of ships and attitude, with themed names like you have with the alliances. I think it would make the early-mid game considerably more dynamic if you had lots of small factions that would consolidate or be destroyed over time. It would also let the alliance system shine.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 01, 2018, 05:56:36 PM »

@EpyonComet you may be interested in checking out the latest blog post regarding colonies: http://fractalsoftworks.com/2017/12/21/colony-management/

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 02, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »

First of all, thanks for all the great work! This mod is my permanent must-have ever since I found it.

I have a question though - how are you supposed to deal with vengeance fleets? Having one chase you is a reasonable thing to happen when you deal a heavy blow against a faction by capturing their market, but what's happening in my playthrough is getting pretty ridiculous.

I play as Tri-Tachyon. I only managed to capture one market from the Hegemony and ever since then I constantly have at least 3 kill-fleets running after me. What's really stupid is that defeating any of those fleets triggers ANOTHER kill-fleet, or sometimes even TWO MORE to be launched. It's a feedback-loop. You're literally fighting against an infinite resource - even with invasion fleets there seems to be a cooldown, while kill-fleets can be pumped out for free as rapidly as you're killing them.
(...)due to your infamous and vengeful rivalry with the Hegemony, a kill-fleet has launched from >insert market name here<
Say what? What kind of "vengeful rivalry" is that?! They're trying to kill me and I'm only defending myself! That's not "rivalry".

And yeah, I'm flying end-game fleet and I literally cannot do anything else than fight kill-fleets. Because with an attempt at anything else, there's danger of suddenly having to fight 12 Onslaughts and 4 Legions at once (it's a bit egregious that, for some awkward reason, they always know exactly where you are). What's this mechanic supposed to be encouraging anyway? Not fighting? Doing nothing?

You'd think that after destroying a giant army of Onslaughts, Tri-Tachyon would recognize that. Why isn't there a similar mechanic reflecting my faction defending their valuable fleet commander?

Don't get me wrong - I don't want to be seen as complaining. I'm just frustrated with having nothing else to do in the game than repelling attack after attack ad nauseum, and I'm looking for a solution. What do I do? I don't want to dump my stuff in the storage and suicide in a shuttle just to solve it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 03, 2018, 04:21:53 AM »

Hi!

The "killing vengeance fleets make more vengeance fleets" thing is indeed undesirable behaviour. It's already been removed for the next version.
For now, it may be easiest to disable the mechanic in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json: enableRevengeFleets
(Or if you feel like it, console command kill)

Otherwise, if you spot them ahead of time, it's usually possible to evade them temporarily just by S-burning in a different direction. Traverse Jump helps a lot too.

(I can't say why Dark.Revenant implemented the mechanic back in SS+, but for me it serves as a way to have threats which actually challenge the player if they're inflicting a lot of damage on a faction. But this should be in direct response to the player's activity, not the endless stream from recursive vengeance fleets which exists in current version.)

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 06, 2018, 12:13:16 AM »

Hi!

The "killing vengeance fleets make more vengeance fleets" thing is indeed undesirable behaviour. It's already been removed for the next version.
For now, it may be easiest to disable the mechanic in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json: enableRevengeFleets
(Or if you feel like it, console command kill)

Otherwise, if you spot them ahead of time, it's usually possible to evade them temporarily just by S-burning in a different direction. Traverse Jump helps a lot too.

(I can't say why Dark.Revenant implemented the mechanic back in SS+, but for me it serves as a way to have threats which actually challenge the player if they're inflicting a lot of damage on a faction. But this should be in direct response to the player's activity, not the endless stream from recursive vengeance fleets which exists in current version.)
Aye I see. Thanks for the tip!

I actually like this mechanic, for the same reasons you've stated in your post - it's actually plausible that a faction you've done a lot of damage to will make a direct effort to take you out, and even the ingame text speaks of high ranking officers in vengeful factions being designated to hunt you down, so in this regard it's good.

But also like you said, it should not be an endless stream of deathballs rolling at you and choking your fleet.

Good to hear you're aware of the issue. And again, thanks for looking after this mod!

Bunshichi Tawara

• Ensign
  • Call Me Exorcist Tawara
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 06, 2018, 04:05:48 AM »

yea that kill fleet thing happened to me as well. if I see I out match the kill-fleet I just use the nuke command to clear them. but on a side note I do believe sending kill fleets should decrease the faction resources in someway. having a infinite supplies of capital ships along with fuel and supplies to constantly annoy me is kinda far fetched. at some point they should stop sending fleets to pursue me as it would become to expensive. maybe after they fail about 3 or so times they instead post a bounty on your head causing local bounty hunters to try their luck?

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 06, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Factions don't have resources to constantly spam other factions with army of invasion fleets (there's only one invasion fleet headed for one market at a time, from what I see), but they do have resources to spam player's fleet with a never ending assault of giant kill fleets?

Kreuzberger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 06, 2018, 05:05:39 PM »

@Histidine

First, thank you very much for this wonderful mod. Today I tried myself on starting my own faction, but I was a little bit disappointed how it was named in the game. So, my question:

Can I rename the player´s faction?

I already tried that by changing names in the faction file of the mod. But it produced an " null" error, which throws me back to desktop every time I load the game, while it also prevented me starting from the beginning as my own faction or free start. I just had no starter ships to choose from, only normal factions.

my best wishes,

George

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 06, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »

@Histidine

First, thank you very much for this wonderful mod. Today I tried myself on starting my own faction, but I was a little bit disappointed how it was named in the game. So, my question:

Can I rename the player´s faction?

I already tried that by changing names in the faction file of the mod. But it produced an " null" error, which throws me back to desktop every time I load the game, while it also prevented me starting from the beginning as my own faction or free start. I just had no starter ships to choose from, only normal factions.

my best wishes,

George

By changing the name in the faction file, you didn't "rename" the file, right?

You change the "Follower" part (and other parts including the name of said faction) in the "player_npc" faction file, not the "factions" file itself.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3 "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-01-08)
« Reply #1588 on: January 07, 2018, 01:07:25 AM »

Nexerelin v0.8.3
Download
Not compatible with previous saves!

Some of the new features:

Spoiler
Stations!

(faction-specific stations generated with DynaSector)

Automagical faction picker dialog, directory
[close]

Changelog
Code
v0.8.3
* New features
    * Add defense battlestations
        * These will support the response fleet in battle against invaders
        * Uses Arsenal Expansion's Asgard (modified)
    * Add faction bounty, rebellion events
    * Improved new game faction selection, faction directory
        * Faction mods no longer require rules.csv changes to be compatible with Nexerelin
    * Followers no longer pay salary, instead each market generates tax revenue
    * Follower markets can be transferred to another faction for a reputation boost
* Random sector generation improvements
    * Try to cluster markets of same faction together
    * Add decorative landmarks
    * Economy adjustments
    * Misc. fixes
* Gameplay
    * Invasion and respawn fleets prefer to try and retake lost territory; Luddic Church also preferentially targets Luddic Majority planets
    * Vengeance fleet improvements
        * Killing vengeance fleets doesn't contribute towards spawning more vengeance fleets
        * Size limiter scales with player level
        * Add Luddic Path text
    * Most Templar fleets will drop flux cores
    * Halve reputation gain with Templars from capturing enemy markets
    * Automatically leave player's current faction if it is eliminated (can be changed in config)
    * Tweak some starting ships
    * Misc. tweaks
* Bugfixes:
    * Fix crash from faction becoming hostile to itself
    * Mod compatibility updates/fixes for ApproLight, Artefact, Looters, Templars
    * Mining strength properly counts modules
    * (Maybe) Fix loot volume being capped at 1000 for each commodity
    * Fix commission not being fully terminated on leaving faction
    * Fix conquest mission bonus duration (rarely) being same as main duration
    * More foolproof IBB ship duplication prevention
    * Remove some wonky hyperspace pathfinding for invasion/strike fleets
    * Don't allow joining non-playable factions
* Misc:
    * Some savescum prevention for response fleet composition
    * More useful Spawn*Fleet console commands
    * Some adjustments, fixes for intel reports

Please report bugs, imbalances, etc.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3 "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-01-08)
« Reply #1589 on: January 07, 2018, 01:47:35 AM »

How will stations work for factions that do not support DynaSector or lack modular weapons?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 398