Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013432 times)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.2d "Pillage, then Burn" (update 2017-09-30)
« Reply #1560 on: October 26, 2017, 04:53:34 AM »

...Drokkath. We now need a faction using Viking longboats as ships. What have you done??? I do agree with your comment though. I'm making a fleet so I can raid the Hegemony for sending a 4 onslaught hunter fleet after me.

Heh. :) When I thought of Vikings in space I had angular and/or carved and curved spacecrafts with runes in my mind. Angular designs that come close to that are the Turanic Raiders from Homeworld, IMO.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 07, 2017, 08:58:25 PM »

Feature request: Add the ability to return a market to its original owner after capturing it (if you're not at war with them; it would be silly to capture a market and then immediately return it to them, after all :P), with a good relationship boost (maybe "market size + 5"?).

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 07, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »

Feature request: Add the ability to return a market to its original owner after capturing it (if you're not at war with them; it would be silly to capture a market and then immediately return it to them, after all :P), with a good relationship boost (maybe "market size + 5"?).

Took me way too long to comprehend this - damn this cold.  :-[

So what you're suggesting is, say the Tri-Tachyon Corporation captures Jangala from the Hegemony. You're playing as, say, the Sindrian Diktat (and are at peace with the Hegemony), and if you invade and capture Jangala from the Tri-Tachs, you have the option to return control of the planet/base to the Hegemony?

If I've gotten that right, I think that's a brilliant idea.  :D

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 08, 2017, 01:16:12 AM »

Took me way too long to comprehend this - damn this cold.  :-[

So what you're suggesting is, say the Tri-Tachyon Corporation captures Jangala from the Hegemony. You're playing as, say, the Sindrian Diktat (and are at peace with the Hegemony), and if you invade and capture Jangala from the Tri-Tachs, you have the option to return control of the planet/base to the Hegemony?

If I've gotten that right, I think that's a brilliant idea.  :D
Civilization have that for exemple, i think also this is a great idea. The relationship boost is very good on civilization, so here also, i suppose.
But if i understand, the market size need to be superior to 5 for than this thing happens, else too small for be important for the faction, i suppose.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 08, 2017, 11:49:24 PM »

Aye, I find myself in an agreement with both ideas; the ability to return a captured market to the original owner after more stability is gained. :) Feels like a useful function on more than on one level when one feels like repairing past warfare and bad blood between whatever factions.

Been using a lot of the mod's features as I've been pillaging and then capturing quite a few faction markets under the rule of pirates with my prototype utility voidship aka Singularity, an Ulysses-class vessel which is a customized and highly glorified but bleak version of Hermit-class that has been taken apart and rebuilt with unknown astronomically superior materials and means by an actual alien to suit its eldritch needs and blend in better, more or less.

Anyhow that in-game custom lore and actions of my own aside; point being that the game is so much more fun with this mod to a point it feels like it is actually in the core game, just awesome. 8)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:13:56 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 09, 2017, 01:00:52 AM »

@Histidine, just discovered an issue of note.

Regarding the mining mechanics, while it's true that fighter wings with mining-capable weapons will count towards their parent ship's mining score (and thusly the fleet's total mining power), modules on ships however do not seem to contribute, even if they are equipped with appropriate weapons. I reckon this should be attended to, since a few of us smaller modders are starting to tinker with modules nowadays.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 09, 2017, 03:03:49 AM »

@Histidine, just discovered an issue of note.

Regarding the mining mechanics, while it's true that fighter wings with mining-capable weapons will count towards their parent ship's mining score (and thusly the fleet's total mining power), modules on ships however do not seem to contribute, even if they are equipped with appropriate weapons. I reckon this should be attended to, since a few of us smaller modders are starting to tinker with modules nowadays.

Then wouldn't you simply add mining power to the ship itself to compensate?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 09, 2017, 04:39:27 AM »

Noted on the module issue and will prepare a fix, thanks for reporting!
I'll see about implementing the market return thing as well.

(Note however that release probably won't be anytime soon)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 09, 2017, 01:25:14 PM »

Then wouldn't you simply add mining power to the ship itself to compensate?

Why would that help?  ??? The module isn't a "mining module", so as a ship it doesn't need its own mining power. I was just experimenting to see if equipping it with mining-capable weapons would contribute to the fleet power, and it doesn't.

Kapteyn Koek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 22, 2017, 04:24:47 PM »

So... I guess this is probably this mod, but when I request an invasion fleet, I get an error (exception_null) and... Nothing happens, I lose the money but no fleet ever spawns.

*edit*

It was just me not updating my stuff properly, fixed ;)

So, an idea, after messing around with the random sector I noticed the factions are all totally scattered around the place. Would it be possible to cluster them a bit more? It would make more sense (or should I just start out with less factions and let them all settle themselves?)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:45:49 PM by Kapteyn Koek »

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 27, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »

Got this crash after starting a new game and interacting with a friendly fleet. Only Nexerelin and LazyLib enabled. I made sure to delete the old Nexerelin folder at the update.

Did I miss something basic?  ???

Code
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.ongoingBattle from class exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.pullInNearbyFleets(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:352)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:272)
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:306)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.öØ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 27, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »

@The2nd: Are you using the newest release (RC8) of Starsector 0.8.1a?
(If not, you can get it from the same download page)

So, an idea, after messing around with the random sector I noticed the factions are all totally scattered around the place. Would it be possible to cluster them a bit more?
Faction placement does tend towards the mishmash. I don't have any big ideas for changing this, but a tweak or two I'll look into later might help.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:08:46 PM by Histidine »

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 27, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »

So, an idea, after messing around with the random sector I noticed the factions are all totally scattered around the place. Would it be possible to cluster them a bit more?
Faction placement does tend towards the mishmash. I don't have any big ideas for changing this, but a tweak or two I'll look into later might help.
Why not just have an option to have them stay in clusters?
Hi. I exist. Bye.

The2nd

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 28, 2017, 03:23:06 AM »

I was on (RC7). Thank you for your quick and helpful reply  :D

And since I'm here let me also thank you for your work in general! Looking forward to looting in Nexerelin.

jn_xyp

• Ensign
  • Ordinary Player, Fossic.org customer support
    • View Profile
    • Jn_xyp's Blog (In Chinese)
« Reply #1574 on: December 25, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »

[UPDATE]
Problem solved by re-install the game and create new profile after download the ApproLight fix patch, sorry for the disturbance.
;) :)
It seems like we must create new profile after replaced the ExerelinCore.jar  :-\

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of the Nexerelin, and launched the game with several mods (include ApproLight).
When I try to quit a faction by click at the commander in the space station, the following error occurs:

Code
1518501 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A  - Problem with command of class null: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc$Token.getVarNameAndMemory(Misc.java:156)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.isTrueFor(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine$4.getBestMatching(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:43)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.CommDirectoryDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
1518502 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A  - Problem with command of class null: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc$Token.getVarNameAndMemory(Misc.java:156)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.isTrueFor(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine$4.getBestMatching(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:43)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.ooOO.runScript(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:97)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.CommDirectoryDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)

(Same error repeats about 30 times)

And the screen shot:
Spoiler
[close]

Mods activated:
Code
17   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: ApproLight [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ApproLight]
18   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: blackrock_driveyards [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards]
18   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: diableavionics [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS]
19   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: dynasector [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DynaSector]
19   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: foundation [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Foundation Of Borken]
20   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: shaderLib [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib]
20   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: Imperium [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium]
21   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: lw_lazylib [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib]
21   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: nexerelin [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
22   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: shadow_ships [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shadowyards]
22   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: swp [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ship and Weapon Pack]
23   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: underworld [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Underworld]
24   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: valkyrian [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Valkyrians]
24   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  -  mod: lw_omnifac [D:\Game\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Omnifactory 2.2.7]

The error occurred when I click at any people in the communication list , except the mercenaries.
There's no other problems, but I just cannot switch my faction  :-\

Thank you for contributing on this great project, and Happy Christmas if you celebrate it~ :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:42:59 PM by jn_xyp »
Ordinary Player, maintainer and customer support of fossic.org.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 396