Fractal Softworks Forum
October 20, 2017, 04:38:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Economy & Outposts (9/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.2d "Pillage, then Burn" (update 2017-09-30)  (Read 374525 times)
Ahne
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 30, 2017, 08:10:56 AM »

Great, will try it out soon.

Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 30, 2017, 12:42:25 PM »

Carrier starts are easy to add and so far this morning, super fun to play, at least in the early game. Good call.

Do you have any plans to add more specific locations in the mold of Prism Freeport? I usually enable it in random sector mode just to have something in the game that doesn't have a default description. It might be nice to salt the random universe generation with a few other stations and planets like that, just for flavor, along with a toggle.

(Note; I'm happy to assist with this; sprites, textures, writing descriptions, etc.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:55:10 PM by Soren » Logged

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Nanao-kun
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1547 on: September 30, 2017, 02:32:34 PM »

By the way, the 0.8.2 update in the changelog mentioned Approlight, what's up with that?
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1548 on: September 30, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »

Do you have any plans to add more specific locations in the mold of Prism Freeport? I usually enable it in random sector mode just to have something in the game that doesn't have a default description. It might be nice to salt the random universe generation with a few other stations and planets like that, just for flavor, along with a toggle.
Hmm, I don't have any particular ideas for things with novel functionality, but decorative "landmarks" seems like a good idea. (Ticket here)

By the way, the 0.8.2 update in the changelog mentioned Approlight, what's up with that?
I did a fix that will allow ApproLight to function in Nex's random mode when it comes out. But I don't have a timeframe on the mod itself being released.

Morbo513
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #1549 on: October 01, 2017, 06:11:33 AM »

In my current playthrough as Hegemony, the Scavengers took Jangala when nobody was looking. Nowhere near well-funded or equipped enough to retake the planet myself, I decided to invade Garnir and use it as a forward base. So far I've spent about 6 in-game months slugging it out with countless scav fleets, but I found myself having to make supply runs outside the system frequently to keep the war machine going. Which gave me an idea - a way to have basic necessities (supplies/fuel/crew) delivered to an own-faction/allied market in the same fashion as requesting an invasion fleet. I'm thinking either you pay a small fee and 20% of the supply cost to have it added to the market, or a larger fee and the entire supply cost to have it added to your storage on that market (+5k if you haven't already opened storage).
lechibang
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1550 on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:39 AM »

Hello Histidine,
Could you include support for the Oculian Berserks by Protonus? (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9035.240).
His nexerelin files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/87iglr366008eyn/Nex+files.rar

Do it yourself, as people always say.
A Random Jolteon
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 07, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned yet (too lazy too luck...and frustrated), but when I tried to raid a pirate base (Was playing as Scy and was raiding the pirate base in the Scy home system) I ended up getting stuck on the "Collect your spoils and leave" screen. I...couldn't leave because it wouldn't let me collect my bloody boot-I mean spoils.

Have yet to find any other problems though...I also don't know what Starsector is like without this mod, because I refuse to not use this mod. :p
Drokkath
Commander

Xenophilic Mutant Commando

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 10, 2017, 01:31:01 AM »

Recently updated large swath of mods I use. The most welcoming sight and feature concerning this mod was when I was about to invade the Templars again and saw the option to pillage and otherwise raid and terrorize. Did that first and then invaded.. it felt satisfying AF (pardon my french)! Cheesy

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand!" - Abassador G'kar
"I cheat a lot in singleplayer games to get my own therapy and enjoyment out of a singleplayer game." - Drokkath
Dostya
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1553 on: October 12, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »

I don't believe anyone has voiced thanks here for the auto-clean of scavenger fleets yet, so I'll do it. Thank you. Even with my general vigilance with the console mod's kill command against them my games slowly strangled. The auto-clean has made my longer run games playable again. In terms of quality of life this mod has not only stolen the cake, but the entire bakery while it was there.

You rock.
TrashMan
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 13, 2017, 06:15:53 AM »

In my current playthrough as Hegemony, the Scavengers took Jangala when nobody was looking. Nowhere near well-funded or equipped enough to retake the planet myself, I decided to invade Garnir and use it as a forward base. So far I've spent about 6 in-game months slugging it out with countless scav fleets, but I found myself having to make supply runs outside the system frequently to keep the war machine going. Which gave me an idea - a way to have basic necessities (supplies/fuel/crew) delivered to an own-faction/allied market in the same fashion as requesting an invasion fleet. I'm thinking either you pay a small fee and 20% of the supply cost to have it added to the market, or a larger fee and the entire supply cost to have it added to your storage on that market (+5k if you haven't already opened storage).

Not a bad idea.
A deal that keep your base/market stocked with an item from another faction.

Something to achieve trough talking to the planetary commander on a planet that produces said item?
Morbo513
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #1555 on: October 13, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »

Not a bad idea.
A deal that keep your base/market stocked with an item from another faction.

Something to achieve trough talking to the planetary commander on a planet that produces said item?
This'd be nice for getting supplied with allied factions' weapons and hulls, instead of having to go all the way to their markets to check - but that specifically should be automatic within alliances imo
TreeLovingMango
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1556 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »

It seems with the new update, that randomizing faction relationships doesn't work.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104]
  Print  

Jump to: