Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013217 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.2d "Pillage, then Burn" (update 2017-09-30)
« Reply #1545 on: September 30, 2017, 02:32:34 PM »

By the way, the 0.8.2 update in the changelog mentioned Approlight, what's up with that?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 30, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »

Do you have any plans to add more specific locations in the mold of Prism Freeport? I usually enable it in random sector mode just to have something in the game that doesn't have a default description. It might be nice to salt the random universe generation with a few other stations and planets like that, just for flavor, along with a toggle.
Hmm, I don't have any particular ideas for things with novel functionality, but decorative "landmarks" seems like a good idea. (Ticket here)

By the way, the 0.8.2 update in the changelog mentioned Approlight, what's up with that?
I did a fix that will allow ApproLight to function in Nex's random mode when it comes out. But I don't have a timeframe on the mod itself being released.

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 01, 2017, 06:11:33 AM »

In my current playthrough as Hegemony, the Scavengers took Jangala when nobody was looking. Nowhere near well-funded or equipped enough to retake the planet myself, I decided to invade Garnir and use it as a forward base. So far I've spent about 6 in-game months slugging it out with countless scav fleets, but I found myself having to make supply runs outside the system frequently to keep the war machine going. Which gave me an idea - a way to have basic necessities (supplies/fuel/crew) delivered to an own-faction/allied market in the same fashion as requesting an invasion fleet. I'm thinking either you pay a small fee and 20% of the supply cost to have it added to the market, or a larger fee and the entire supply cost to have it added to your storage on that market (+5k if you haven't already opened storage).

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:39 AM »

Hello Histidine,
Could you include support for the Oculian Berserks by Protonus? (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9035.240).
His nexerelin files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/87iglr366008eyn/Nex+files.rar
Do it yourself, as people always say.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 07, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned yet (too lazy too luck...and frustrated), but when I tried to raid a pirate base (Was playing as Scy and was raiding the pirate base in the Scy home system) I ended up getting stuck on the "Collect your spoils and leave" screen. I...couldn't leave because it wouldn't let me collect my bloody boot-I mean spoils.

Have yet to find any other problems though...I also don't know what Starsector is like without this mod, because I refuse to not use this mod. :p
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 10, 2017, 01:31:01 AM »

Recently updated large swath of mods I use. The most welcoming sight and feature concerning this mod was when I was about to invade the Templars again and saw the option to pillage and otherwise raid and terrorize. Did that first and then invaded.. it felt satisfying AF (pardon my french)! :D
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 12, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »

I don't believe anyone has voiced thanks here for the auto-clean of scavenger fleets yet, so I'll do it. Thank you. Even with my general vigilance with the console mod's kill command against them my games slowly strangled. The auto-clean has made my longer run games playable again. In terms of quality of life this mod has not only stolen the cake, but the entire bakery while it was there.

You rock.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 13, 2017, 06:15:53 AM »

In my current playthrough as Hegemony, the Scavengers took Jangala when nobody was looking. Nowhere near well-funded or equipped enough to retake the planet myself, I decided to invade Garnir and use it as a forward base. So far I've spent about 6 in-game months slugging it out with countless scav fleets, but I found myself having to make supply runs outside the system frequently to keep the war machine going. Which gave me an idea - a way to have basic necessities (supplies/fuel/crew) delivered to an own-faction/allied market in the same fashion as requesting an invasion fleet. I'm thinking either you pay a small fee and 20% of the supply cost to have it added to the market, or a larger fee and the entire supply cost to have it added to your storage on that market (+5k if you haven't already opened storage).

Not a bad idea.
A deal that keep your base/market stocked with an item from another faction.

Something to achieve trough talking to the planetary commander on a planet that produces said item?

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 13, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »

Not a bad idea.
A deal that keep your base/market stocked with an item from another faction.

Something to achieve trough talking to the planetary commander on a planet that produces said item?
This'd be nice for getting supplied with allied factions' weapons and hulls, instead of having to go all the way to their markets to check - but that specifically should be automatic within alliances imo

TreeLovingMango

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:28 PM »

It seems with the new update, that randomizing faction relationships doesn't work.

KanterZk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 24, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »

Hello,
Is there something that could make the game hangs infinitely when you are over level 40 ?
I played 20 hours without a crash but since I am level 41 my game hangs randomly like it is stuck in an infinite loop.
I tried to start a new game and set my level to 41 and same thing happens, my game stop responding within five minutes. If I disable Nexerlin no problem but a bit hard to play without this great mod.

Mods I use,

DynaSector
Nexerelin
LazyLib
GraphicsLib

Blackrock Drive Yards
Diable Avionics
Interstellar Imperium
Outer Rim Alliance
Scy Nation
Shadowyards
Ship and Weapon Pack
The Knights Templar

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 24, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »

Hello
hi, welcome to the forum!

the mods you're using all seem fine, assuming you're using the latest versions. i recommend getting Version Checker to be sure (ignore the Blackrock version error, the author just hasn't updated the version file in a while).

have you made the vmparams edit to increase memory allocation? if not, that's probably the issue. the vanilla amount of memory the game uses works fine with vanilla content, but it needs more if you're using a bunch of mods.
here's a detailed post about it, but the tl;dr version is: open the vmparams file in the main Starsector folder with a text editor, and change the values -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m to something higher. something like -Xms4g -Xmx4g should be plenty. if your machine only has 4gb of total memory, go a bit lower.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 24, 2017, 08:00:49 PM »

Aye, learned it the hard way myself. In my defense though I was somehow completely oblivious about what core program SS uses in order to work. A byproduct of my tunnel-vision mindset I sometimes get and forget the rest until I'm no longer in my tunnel vision mode. Face-slap moment when I saw that all I had to do was increase those java allocations like I have done before with other games that use java.

As for the on topic stuff: Liking that station and planet raiding function quite a lot. Finally one can go Viking in SS without having to invade to loot! :D
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

KanterZk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 25, 2017, 03:46:05 AM »

Hello
hi, welcome to the forum!

the mods you're using all seem fine, assuming you're using the latest versions. i recommend getting Version Checker to be sure (ignore the Blackrock version error, the author just hasn't updated the version file in a while).

have you made the vmparams edit to increase memory allocation? if not, that's probably the issue. the vanilla amount of memory the game uses works fine with vanilla content, but it needs more if you're using a bunch of mods.
here's a detailed post about it, but the tl;dr version is: open the vmparams file in the main Starsector folder with a text editor, and change the values -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m to something higher. something like -Xms4g -Xmx4g should be plenty. if your machine only has 4gb of total memory, go a bit lower.

Thanks, I did set the memory allocation to 8192m but same thing happens so I reinstalled the game in a new folder and so far no problem in two hours.
I think it was because I installed a newest version of the JRE in my previous install folder and it bugged something.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 25, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »

Aye, learned it the hard way myself. In my defense though I was somehow completely oblivious about what core program SS uses in order to work. A byproduct of my tunnel-vision mindset I sometimes get and forget the rest until I'm no longer in my tunnel vision mode. Face-slap moment when I saw that all I had to do was increase those java allocations like I have done before with other games that use java.

As for the on topic stuff: Liking that station and planet raiding function quite a lot. Finally one can go Viking in SS without having to invade to loot! :D
...Drokkath. We now need a faction using Viking longboats as ships. What have you done??? I do agree with your comment though. I'm making a fleet so I can raid the Hegemony for sending a 4 onslaught hunter fleet after me.
Hi. I exist. Bye.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 396