Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013186 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.1b "Apple Pie from Scratch" (update 2017-06-19)
« Reply #1440 on: June 19, 2017, 06:29:41 AM »

Accumulated fixes and improvements.
@Megas: Thanks for the writeup! It's good to hear that the make-capturing-Sindria-not-totally-impossible changes are at least partly doing their job. I think. It sounds like I may have to further discourage patrol/Lion's Guard blobbing.

Nexerelin v0.8.1b
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.8.1b
* Mining rebalance
    * Accident count uses mining strength/10 (was sqrt(strength))
    * Machinery loss per accident now (1,3) + (0,2) (was (1,4) + (1,4))
    * Machinery loss event weighing 2.5 -> 2
    * Machinery required per mining strength 0.5 -> 0.4
    * Increase CR loss accident resistance for larger ships
    * Add some restrictions on what mining caches can give
* Sector generation:
    * Unknown Skies compatibility
    * Remove player-facing references to "Corvus mode", call it "random core worlds" instead
    * Pirates get more military bases in random mode
    * Remove Remnant warning beacons from populated systems in random mode
    * Prevent crash on startup with invalid Corvus mode spawn point entries
    * Fix misleading random sector tooltips
    * Fix Galatia mission board duplication
* Don't allow requesting invasion fleet against own faction
* Markets that don't participate in economy can't be invaded
* DynaSector: Templar debris/derelict reduction applies to Nexerelin-specific fleets as well
* Prevent a potential conquest mission crash
* Fix crash when receiving distress call while no pirate markets exist
* Fix followers auto-joining alliances
* Remove no-longer-used Omnifactory settings files (was causing errors)
* Don't target pirate factions for NPC covert ops

Akhonji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 19, 2017, 07:56:17 AM »

Just installed the newest version and I'm getting a game crash whenever I approach a Followers fleet. I've also disabled all mods but LazyLib and Nex to confirm it's not another mod causing the crash, and it still does crash. Attaching a copy of the error message I'm getting and the last little bit of the log before the crash. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help diagnose!

Edit: It just happened to be the first fleet I ran into, I think. I'm getting the crash trying to talk to Independent fleets, as well.

Code
633367 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Fenrir Quey by 0.0012228062, is now 0.13885038
633400 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - 41 out of a maximum 42 fleets in play for [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.LuddicPathFleetManager]
633401 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Spawned fleet [Luddic Path raiders] at hyperloc Vector2f[6179.0, 2433.0]
633610 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
633737 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.ongoingBattle from class exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.ongoingBattle from class exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.pullInNearbyFleets(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:352)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:272)
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:306)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.öØ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
634094 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
634095 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:08:07 AM by Akhonji »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 19, 2017, 08:15:27 AM »

Just installed the newest version and I'm getting a game crash whenever I approach a Followers fleet. I've also disabled all mods but LazyLib and Nex to confirm it's not another mod causing the crash, and it still does crash.

Re-download Starsector to get the newest hotfix version (RC8).

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 19, 2017, 08:21:40 AM »

@ Histidine:  I will not lie, I reloaded many times.  I see it much like continuing on Ghosts & Goblins (or Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden) on the NES.  Also, the blobbing is partially due to me evading previous response fleets after conquering Volturn, Curor, and Umbra.  In case of Umbra, I conquered it from pirates, then the Sindrians took it from me, and I had to invade Umbra again to reclaim it.  I probably would have fewer blobs had I finished off the response fleets from those planets instead of evading them.  By evading them, I had to deal with response fleets and patrols from every planet almost simultaneously, and because of that generous conquest mission, I could not take my time.

Most times, I can start an invasion, break off, lure the response fleet away, return to invade, then capture the planet without a fight.  It usually works, but in case of Sindria being the last to invade, there were simply too many fleets everywhere to cut me off.  I could not afford to buy and outfit every ship personally.  For Sindria, I simply rented fleets.  They are worth 120k a pop, but that is cheaper than owning a single capital, let alone a whole fleet.  And those rented fleets were torn apart, but it saved my ships and tied up a few leftover response fleets.

P.S.  Maybe it was Tri-Tachyon that took over Umbra.  I do not remember for sure, but it does not matter.  Either way, it bought the Sindrians time to get a bit stronger.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:15:27 AM by Megas »

Akhonji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 19, 2017, 08:26:40 AM »

You're a lifesaver. I didn't even realize there was a hotfix version out! :)

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 19, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »

Didn't know Nexerelin was the one causing errors on Omnifactory. Now I can finally start mass producing weapons for my fleet with out running around searching for dupes.

Some questions:
- How do you get rid with the Luddic Majority thingy? Does it go away after a certain amount of time?
- In generating a random sector, Whats the suggested settings for balanced generated markets?
- Does setting the sector generation as "old" (or other settings) in the start also affects the random sector generation?

Also possible bug: I found some few independent and other faction markets that are not even hostile towards Luddic Church, having Luddic Majority at the very start. Causing those small markets to have 0 stability.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 19, 2017, 09:24:02 PM »

\
Some questions:
- How do you get rid with the Luddic Majority thingy? Does it go away after a certain amount of time?
https://youtu.be/Tym0MObFpTI

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 20, 2017, 06:22:22 AM »

It's permanent. (Space Counter-Reformation someday?)

- In generating a random sector, Whats the suggested settings for balanced generated markets?
In general, I wouldn't want a too-high ratio of stations to planets (since farming planets are the main source of food) and there need to be enough planets + stations in total (to make sure everything can be supplied and let the law of large numbers even out individual variations).
Else, the generation system should be able to handle most settings without issue. Just don't set the number of markets too high that you run out of memory.

- Does setting the sector generation as "old" (or other settings) in the start also affects the random sector generation?
The core systems in random mode always have Average age, but the generator can also mark outer systems (which are affected by the start settings) as inhabited.

Also possible bug: I found some few independent and other faction markets that are not even hostile towards Luddic Church, having Luddic Majority at the very start. Causing those small markets to have 0 stability.
Non-Luddic markets have a small chance to have the Luddic Majority condition (c.f. Jangala) and Luddic markets have a small chance to not have it, that much is normal. Though I may change this if it turns out to be a balance problem.

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 20, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »

Found a minor bug involving prism freeport. The option to enable/disable it during corvus mode sector generation doesn't reset if you previously made a randomized save, then make a corvus mode save after it, resulting in two of the station being present.

Nikopol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 22, 2017, 10:34:11 AM »

Hi, I made account to ask this question. I apologize if this is a common knowledge but I am new to Starsector. Is it possible to have factions in Nexerelin use only own technology? Is it possible to disable black market for some? I started to play with Knight Templars faction and have problems to find templar weapons. It makes the game not enjoyable for me. Also it makes no sense to use inferior weapons with them. I disabled Dynasector, but I still have mixed tech, so this might be Nexerelin thing. Please help.

Otherwise I think this mod is awesome. I am a long time player of Galactic Civilization and this action 4x gameplay is superior to anything I know. Good job!

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 23, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »

The changes to machinery are a LOT better - they are annoying, but nowhere near as crippling as they used to be. They still could be tuned down a smidgeon in impact (They are still a bit too harsh), but the timing feels about right. The reduced machinery requirement is also better than the last one. I don't feel like I'm struggling to mine and instead turning to rely on salvage to fit in the gaps as much.

However, I do get a bug; when you find a cache, the results screen pops up with NullPointerException. The cache is given out to you, and everything works fine, it's just the message that's bugged. I think it happens when you find a cache with more than one type of stuff in it - the last one happened when I found both supplies and hand weapons.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 24, 2017, 03:48:20 AM »

Okay, I'm not sure if this is a Nex thing or a vanilla thing, but even with my vmparams set to 7GB I keep getting an eventual game-crashing memory leak. The hell?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 24, 2017, 03:57:24 AM »

Hi, I made account to ask this question. I apologize if this is a common knowledge but I am new to Starsector. Is it possible to have factions in Nexerelin use only own technology? Is it possible to disable black market for some? I started to play with Knight Templars faction and have problems to find templar weapons. It makes the game not enjoyable for me. Also it makes no sense to use inferior weapons with them. I disabled Dynasector, but I still have mixed tech, so this might be Nexerelin thing. Please help.
Welcome!

Sorry, not sure what you mean. I'll try to answer your questions:
- For most factions you can edit the faction files to control what ships they have/use (which in turn affects what weapons they sell). Factions won't use another faction's ships normally unless a mod tells them to do so (e.g. Shadowyards ships in pirate and League fleets).
- Templars are hardcoded to not have black markets; you currently can't disable them for other factions without changing the Java code unfortunately.
- If you're Friendly to Templars (and starting with a faction in Nexerelin makes you friendly with them at start), you can easily find their weapons on their planets/stations. Although you need Cooperative for anything except small mount weapons.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 24, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »

@ Histidine:  Another Sindria experience (with mod factions this time).

Diktat is not hostile, but was my next faction to kill.  I brought over a thousand marines.  When I entered Sindria, there was wreckage everywhere due to other faction infighting.  I invade Sindria for unprovoked attack, killed a smaller response fleet, and finished the invasion.  It was easy this time.  I did not want to save it for last, but get it first before the system begins to swarm with hostiles.

Before that, Diktat stole one of my bases.  More precisely, it was conquered by Hegemony, then conquered in turn by Sindrians.  Rather than start a fight to reclaim my base, I thought I should invade Sindria itself first so I can approach that planet with minimal fighting, then take over the rest of Askonia, then reclaim my base elsewhere.

Nikopol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 24, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »

Thank you for the answer Histidine. I fixed it by deleting some mods. Those were interfering with weapon spawns in markets. Now I have plenty Templar weapons only and no black market. Cool!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 396