Fractal Softworks Forum
February 25, 2017, 02:49:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Building Better Worlds (2/21/17)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.6d (fixes 2016-11-20)  (Read 248858 times)
stormbringer951
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: December 11, 2016, 01:57:36 AM »

Is it possible to remove the built-in vanilla factions from the faction list if you have disabled them in the Nexerelin config?
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1246 on: December 11, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »

Is it possible to remove the built-in vanilla factions from the faction list if you have disabled them in the Nexerelin config?
It's supposed to auto-remove the faction from the ingame intel list if playableFaction is set to false in the faction config, but apparently this doesn't work. In the meantime you can paste this into console:

Code:
runcode Global.getSector().getFaction("<FACTION ID>").setShowInIntelTab(false);

(BTW: don't touch the list in the main exerelinConfig.json if you're doing that, that may have undesirable effects)

lowpolygon
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1247 on: December 15, 2016, 07:38:25 PM »

I think it is a bug..

original post here
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11501.0

Ok..
I am playing as pirate faction, and my faction at the moment is having close pact with Sindarian.
And I am actually doing well for a change , when I finally took over the last planet/base that was hostile to me
A screen pops up and say Sindarian has won..but my pirate faction has pretty much owned all the planets in the galaxy.
The only planets left 2 Sindarian owned planet which I was planning on took over once all the hostile factions are gone.
So my question is ....is it possible for pirate faction to win the game at all ?
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1248 on: January 09, 2017, 05:15:56 AM »

Note to modders:

A likely common bug causes factions to not post bounties when playing with Nexerelin's randomized sector, because the line SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("myFaction"); is typically placed in the generate() method that is gated behind the Nexerelin check in the mod plugin.
To prevent this issue, make sure addParticipatingFaction is always called regardless of the outcome of the Nexerelin check. For instance, it can go directly in onNewGame():

Code: (java)
public void onNewGame()
    {
        try {
            //Got Nexerelin, so load Nexerelin
            Class<?> def = Global.getSettings().getScriptClassLoader().loadClass("exerelin.campaign.SectorManager");
            Method method;
            try {
                method = def.getMethod("getCorvusMode");
                Object result = method.invoke(def);
                if ((boolean)result == true)
                {
                    // Nexerelin running in Corvus mode, go ahead and generate our sector
                    MySectorGen.generate();
                }
            } catch (NoSuchMethodException | SecurityException | IllegalAccessException | IllegalArgumentException |
                     InvocationTargetException ex) {
                // check failed, do nothing
            }

} catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {
            // Exerelin not found so continue and run normal generation code
            MySectorGen.generate();
        }
        // IMPORTANT: Make sure your addParticipatingFaction call gets called regardless of whether the sector generator runs or not!
        SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("myFactionId");
    }

StarSchulz
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #1249 on: January 14, 2017, 09:03:34 PM »

Is there any way to make the notifications that relate to your current faction / followers more noticeable? I end up missing a lot of them and suddenly realize my faction isn't at war with the fleet i am hunting down and end up starting one all over again. If the faction names pop out in their specific color when they appear in the bottom left that would be great.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]
  Print  

Jump to: