After a lengthy delay:
May add more bugs than it fixes. Do not use while pregnant.Important notes
- Joining/leaving a faction is now done by talking to a base senior officer (see changelog for more details).
- May have save incompatibility where existing procurement missions (including ones not yet taken, sitting in comm board) break.
- I have it on good authority that the major mod *REDACTED* is likely to have a release tomorrow, so you may want to put off your new games till then.
* Add dialog options to control followers faction alliances
* Separate Templar invasion handling
* There are Templar invasion and counter-invasion points, separate from the regular invasion points
* When Templar invasion points are filled up, Templars invade one of their enemies
* When Templar counter-invasion points are filled, one of Templars' enemies invade them
* Add revenge fleets (first iteration)
* After the player kills enough fleets or their faction captures enough markets, an enemy faction will send a powerful invasion fleet at player
* See config file for options
* Bonus prisoner drops from killing ships with officers (base prisoner drop rate reduced to compensate)
* Don't exclude a pirate faction from victory check if player is a member
* Mining base accident chance 0.5 -> 0.4
* Agent raise relations effect range 0.8-0.14 (was 0.9-0.14)
* Prism: Only carry ships from IBBs we've actually killed, not just accepted the mission for
* Asteroid belt around star always spawns if nebula not present
* Add morality tag for factions (currently only affects reputation changes from selling slaves)
* Faction join/leave now done by talking to market officials
* For most factions this is the station commander or military base commander
* For pirates and Templars it can be anyone except the quartermaster/supply officer (or mercs)
* Reorganize start options menu a bit to prevent overflow
* Console commands
* SetRelationship now automatically syncs faction relationships to player relationships
* CreateDiplomacyEvent can create a specific event
* Remove some unused commands
* Fix procurement mission crash if pirates were wiped out
* Fix some free start effects persisting into new game with another faction within the same application run
* Actually start at level 16 (instead of 15) on SS+ commander start
* Fix a money-farming exploit involving agents
* Fix crew loot from battles
* Preferential targeting of player markets in Starfarer mode now actually works
* Fix some stat tracker bugs
* Validate random starting ships (must have at least one member that is not a fighter wing and has nonzero cargo/fuel capacity)
* Crash safety for mining fleet spawn
* ORA support
* Full support for rules.csv directory/faction joining entries on faction mod side
* Remove support for Starsector+ pre-3.4.0
On a couple of things that didn't make it in:
Is there any way to make the notifications that relate to your current faction / followers more noticeable? I end up missing a lot of them and suddenly realize my faction isn't at war with the fleet i am hunting down and end up starting one all over again. If the faction names pop out in their specific color when they appear in the bottom left that would be great.
I think I'll add an extra message line in the notifications area for war/peace changes that affect your faction.
Though there's already the popup that tells you "this is a non-hostile faction and your transponder is on, do you really want to engage?" If that's not enough, with the new update you can uncomment the line starting with ExerelinPrintFleetFactionRel
in rules.csv and it'll print the relationship status at the start of each faction encounter.
May I ask if it's possible when pirates/cabal (pirates are usually bounty holders) are at least inhospitable with another faction (*especially mainline factions*) that bounties are no longer on offer against pirates/cabal?
It doesn't make sense for bounties to be put up on "deserters" if they're with Pirates or Starlight cabal.
Besides, it'd damage relations when they join an alliance and are no longer hostile.
Or, if possible, there might be an option to stop pirate diplomatics?
I don't touch the bounty events. You can still claim the bounty anyway, just turn off your transponder before attacking.
I'll be doing some tweaks to pirate diplomacy for the next version. For now, pirate diplomacy events can be disabled if so desired by opening Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json
and removing all allowPirates
tags from the events.